Sm Audition 2009 Songs Chosing

Guest ilovejasper208945

Hey, I'm a low to mezzo soprano (:

My friend thinks I have a "burlesque" voice, like Lady Gaga, hahaah -_- So if that helps in picturing it?

Since I'm Chinese, I know that singing a Korean song would be to my advantage.

& I found Jang Ri In's song, Why, which really suits my voice.

But unfortunately, she's under SM ): And I don't know if I should still sing it.

Does anyone know another singer or song like that? Thanks!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chaehee723

since ur voice has a low vocal range its perfectly fine if u sing a guy's song if its comfortable for your voice; because you should never choose a song that will strain your voice and if your vocal range is like miley cyrus you can try singing her songs, and your own spice to it. im sure u sing better than her -_-' hehe....

haha. thanks. yeah i personally don't really like miley cyrus voice type but i think her song isn't that bad and since my vocal range is kinda like her. i think i need to start download her song in itunes. lol

thanks for the help and anyway, do u have any song recommendation?

Hey, I'm a low to mezzo soprano (:

My friend thinks I have a "burlesque" voice, like Lady Gaga, hahaah -_- So if that helps in picturing it?

Since I'm Chinese, I know that singing a Korean song would be to my advantage.

& I found Jang Ri In's song, Why, which really suits my voice.

But unfortunately, she's under SM ): And I don't know if I should still sing it.

Does anyone know another singer or song like that? Thanks!

"WHY" is a remake of an english song "POWERLESS".

the original version of the song "WHY" is called "POWERLESS" and is sung by Jamelle Fraley in a slightly higher key. :)

i hope i helped and you can consider Jamelle's version since she isn't under SM entertainment :D

just go to youtube and search "POWERLESS jamelle fraley" or something ^_-

good luck :)

Guest j-tan03

^

Holy crap, Jamelle Fraley's version is so frikken gorgeous, and sooooooo high pitched tho. Takes so much skill to be able to sing her version.

I NEED HELP ON CHOOSING A SONG, i have no idea what voice type i am tho :)

Guest ginnytan208945

haha. thanks. yeah i personally don't really like miley cyrus voice type but i think her song isn't that bad and since my vocal range is kinda like her. i think i need to start download her song in itunes. lol

thanks for the help and anyway, do u have any song recommendation?

maybe "the climb" i think it sounds pretty good and u show off ur vocals!

Guest chaehee723

maybe "the climb" i think it sounds pretty good and u show off ur vocals!

yeah. i though of that song too.

umm. do u think i should try korean song? lol

Guest ginnytan208945

yeah. i though of that song too.

umm. do u think i should try korean song? lol

why not i mean its always good to prepare more than one i mean if they like u they might ask u to sing in korean

Guest fadedaway

hi, i am also in a mist of choosing korean songs for audition.

I would like to sing a korean, chinese and an english song for audition

my voice range is almost like miley cyrus.

anyone could give me an idea of songs?

i tried singing IU's Mia and Baek Ji Young's getting hit like a bullet (or something) but i couldnt hit their high notes.

Guest ichigoiruka18

tnx for da suggestions....i'll probly work on darekano negai ga kanau koro, first love, and thinking of you.

and yeah, i know there's no way i can match dbsk or boa w/o years of training...

Guest chaehee723

why not i mean its always good to prepare more than one i mean if they like u they might ask u to sing in korean

do u have any korean song recommendation? i'm not have much korean ballad song.

i think i should try audition this year. i'm 14 this year. i'm afraid they won't accept me if i apply next year. is it ok?

Guest kimmykimkim

Does anyone know any English ballads?

I've been trying to look for some but they're almost always too "belty" (Christina Aguilera style, and I KNOW I can't pull that off haha) or it only sounds good if you have a deep, rich, R&B type of voice (which I definitely don't have!).

A song like "One Year Later" by Jessica and Onew, "My Prayer" by BoA, "Haru Haru" by Tashannie, or "By Myself" by Tiffany would be good (:

Guest fadedaway

I've been trying to look for some but they're almost always too "belty" (Christina Aguilera style, and I KNOW I can't pull that off haha) or it only sounds good if you have a deep, rich, R&B type of voice (which I definitely don't have!).

A song like "One Year Later" by Jessica and Onew, "My Prayer" by BoA, "Haru Haru" by Tashannie, or "By Myself" by Tiffany would be good (:

Hi kimmykimkim, im not sure if this consider a ballad. but try singing Powerless - Jamelle Fraley. This song is an english version of Jang Ri In's Y :)

there's also

mariah carey - hero :)

it's a good song for auditions ^^

Guest kimmykimkim

Hi kimmykimkim, im not sure if this consider a ballad. but try singing Powerless - Jamelle Fraley. This song is an english version of Jang Ri In's Y :)

there's also

mariah carey - hero :)

it's a good song for auditions ^^

Thank you soooo much! :)

Guest pokingpineapples

this is a bad recording... so yeah... tell me what u guys think..

http://www.imeem.com/people/RnEOm5P/music/...nboii-timeless/

holy CRAP. if that's bad i dun wanna hear what your good is. :P my only critique is that your voice may be a little too low for the type of stuff that SM does, but you could totally change their POV. i can definitely see you doing R&B and maybe rap if you wanted to try that.

rofl i'm starting to listen to this on repeat.... it's really really good. um, if you wanna stop reading now that's ok, i'm just gonna do a semi-creepy analysis of your voice. you have a kind of huskiness that's really alluring and your voice sounds really full, like you're singing with your stomach and not just with your chest so that's good.... i also like your phrasing and tempo and the dynamics are very good as well, you put a lot of emotion into the words and i believe what you're singing. are you korean? your pronounciation is really good. um, that's all for now but yea, i definitely can't wait to hear anything else you put out.

Guest ktownboii

holy CRAP. if that's bad i dun wanna hear what your good is. :P my only critique is that your voice may be a little too low for the type of stuff that SM does, but you could totally change their POV. i can definitely see you doing R&B and maybe rap if you wanted to try that.

rofl i'm starting to listen to this on repeat.... it's really really good. um, if you wanna stop reading now that's ok, i'm just gonna do a semi-creepy analysis of your voice. you have a kind of huskiness that's really alluring and your voice sounds really full, like you're singing with your stomach and not just with your chest so that's good.... i also like your phrasing and tempo and the dynamics are very good as well, you put a lot of emotion into the words and i believe what you're singing. are you korean? your pronounciation is really good. um, that's all for now but yea, i definitely can't wait to hear anything else you put out.

thanks... but im not korean.. flip here.. but yeahh... thanks.. im still working on my diction. heheheh... :lol:

oh.. and yeah its my first time recording a song on a program... i just usually do sing acapella... (is the how u spell it?)

but yeah... so that's completely raw... since i dont know how to add effects like (echo/reverb.... stuff like that)

but thanks.. im happy to know that is sounded good.... :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chrisdebut

Songs preparing:

1)Hero - Mariah Carey

2)Wait for You - Elliot Yamin

3)Im Yours by Jason Mraz

4)Sarang Hae Yo by JJ Lin

Been doing this songs for ages (:

Btw, anyone from singapore going for the auditions? I would like to make more friends so that can go audition together or something ^^

Guest DarkMecha82

this is a bad recording... so yeah... tell me what u guys think..

http://www.imeem.com/people/RnEOm5P/music/...nboii-timeless/

dude that was amazing!! As long as you're at least moderately handsome Iir's hard to imagine you not getting signed with sm.

My Voice Type is baritone. I have a voice that is closest to Hirari Ken. I think I could possibly sing something from K.Will though...

Guest appleblue

voice type: Hmm... Kinda like Jang Ri In's voice when I sing, but when I rap, it sounds like YooBin's rap...

songs: Maybe, T-ara - Good Person , beside this song I don't know what should I sing...

Archived