Sm Audition 2009 Songs Chosing

Guest ilovejasper208945

Guest Chocopie.

Do you guys think auditioning with a japanese song is okay? orrr should it be korean since sm is a korean company?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ilovejasper208945

Do you guys think auditioning with a japanese song is okay? orrr should it be korean since sm is a korean company?

i think its totally fine since sm entertainment is tryin to expand into other industries

Guest Kira379

Do you think that SM Entertainment will try to expand into Japan?

They use Avex in Japan so...

I'm not sure what song I'd sing.

Guest InspiredCat

I want to prepare at least one Korean song and one English song.

All I know about my voice is that I was soprano in choir. When I go to karaoke with my Korean friends, they always comment on it being soft and high and good for ballads.

I like singing strong ballads though, and I think that's best for an audition kuz ballads can be boring. I guess Like Being Hit By A Bullet by Baek Ji Young is my favorite strong Korean ballad to sing and I'm decent with it...I like any of her stronger ballads. There's a clip of me singing this song in my YouTube link in my signature.

I'm trying to learn Beyonce's Listen, for English songs...But I think it's just too strong for me. My voice isn't powerful, but it can be at some parts.

So...any suggestions?

Guest ichigoiruka18

i heard that we shouldn't use SM songs.....unfortunatly,most Korean songs that i know (and therefore, good at) is DBSK stuff...

range: mezzo soprano...with a bit of practice and (and stretching it) i can reach btwn high G and low E...

considering:

Jaejoong's Fotosteps chorus

DBSK: Love in the Ice and Mideoyo

BoA: Yongwonhan (Everlasting)

(in order)

Katy Perry: Thinking of You

Utada Hikaru: First Love

Phantom of the opera: Angel of Music

Aya Hirano: Bouken Desho Desho, God Knows

Backstreet boys: All I have to Give, Quit Playing Games wtih my Heart,

Celine Dion: That's the Way it is

Christina Aguilera:Reflection

I prefer English or Japanese to Korean (since i don't speak it) but I can learn a song in those three langauages.

learning style: listen and learn the song/rythm/style

I want a slow-ish song that shows range and vocal strength.

which language would be best to sing in? and which style? or is it better if we do an original song?

Guest ginnytan208945

i heard that we shouldn't use SM songs.....unfortunatly,most Korean songs that i know (and therefore, good at) is DBSK stuff...

range: mezzo soprano...with a bit of practice and (and stretching it) i can reach btwn high G and low E...

considering:

Jaejoong's Fotosteps chorus

DBSK: Love in the Ice and Mideoyo

BoA: Yongwonhan (Everlasting)

(in order)

Katy Perry: Thinking of You

Utada Hikaru: First Love

Phantom of the opera: Angel of Music

Aya Hirano: Bouken Desho Desho, God Knows

Backstreet boys: All I have to Give, Quit Playing Games wtih my Heart,

Celine Dion: That's the Way it is

Christina Aguilera:Reflection

I prefer English or Japanese to Korean (since i don't speak it) but I can learn a song in those three langauages.

learning style: listen and learn the song/rythm/style

I want a slow-ish song that shows range and vocal strength.

which language would be best to sing in? and which style? or is it better if we do an original song?

i think its easier to project if u sing in english

Guest pokingpineapples

i think its easier to project if u sing in english

prolly, because each syllable usually gets a whole beat to itself. i wouldn't recommend doing any sm songs if you're going to prep a korean song b.c they'll inevitably end up comparing you to the original, and quite frankly i don't think that anyone can sing as well as dbsk or boa without massive training. no offense.

Guest xxzone2zonexx

Hmm well since I've had some luck with singing Na Yoon Kwon songs.. Im preapring one again..hehe

Voice Type: hmm... nowi would say Baritone/Tenor

Songs:

Na Yoon Kwon - 심장소리

Frankie J - ??????

im gonna do a Frankie J song just not sure which one...

HEYHEYHEY! :D

my friend and i would like to audition. but we don't know what song we should sing. :lol:

and we're not very sure of our voice types either.

my friend can hit jolin's jia zhuang 假装 comfortably.

she cannot reach very low notes. but she is okay on high notes. :D

my voice is very, VERY low.

it's a little higher than yoobin's.

when i use 'real' voice to go high notes, i will be nasally. :( :( :(

how do i solve that problem?

According to my chorus teacher last year, I'm a soprano.

I'm thinking of singing these songs;

Fukai Mori - Do As Infinity

The Climb - Miley Cyrus

First Love - Utada Hikaru

Hikari - Utada Hikaru

Any suggestions on which would be best for me?

I shall post a clip of me singing soon!

Guest ginnytan208945

According to my chorus teacher last year, I'm a soprano.

I'm thinking of singing these songs;

Fukai Mori - Do As Infinity

The Climb - Miley Cyrus

First Love - Utada Hikaru

Hikari - Utada Hikaru

Any suggestions on which would be best for me?

I shall post a clip of me singing soon!

i really dont think you should sing a song from miley cyrus because well she doesnt exactly have a good voice eventhough if the melody is good and the lyrics are too i still think its not very goood thing to sing pop songs. but i think first love of utada will do you well because that song can show a soft side of your vocals and then a strong side when it goes a bit higher

i really dont think you should sing a song from miley cyrus because well she doesnt exactly have a good voice eventhough if the melody is good and the lyrics are too i still think its not very goood thing to sing pop songs. but i think first love of utada will do you well because that song can show a soft side of your vocals and then a strong side when it goes a bit higher

Ah, alright. Hm, so first love? Sounds good! ^^ Time to practice , rofl. Any other suggestions ?

Guest XIAHT!C

someone help me please! i love this thread, BTW<3

all my friends tell me my voice sounds the best when i sing songs from britney spears, so i'm not the type that can go too high but i can go pretty low. i think the highest i can do without being all EEK is... J's 어제처럼? and the lowest is probably T's 시간이 흐른뒤. so any suggestions? korean songs please, btw!

Guest karen123

:) :)well i dont really know what the type of voice i have but i do have a clue i think i have a high voice when i sing soft ballads the tone doesnt come right n when i sing high songs the tone comes out good the same as the artist but more high.

and about the song am not sure which one to use i have heard that u cant sing sm artist n i want some songs that are slow type to show out my voice which songs will u recommend? i can sing in korean,japanese,english, and spanish but i would prefer singing a korean song to show that i can sing korean.

thnx for ur help.

Guest ginnytan208945

:) :)well i dont really know what the type of voice i have but i do have a clue i think i have a high voice when i sing soft ballads the tone doesnt come right n when i sing high songs the tone comes out good the same as the artist but more high.

and about the song am not sure which one to use i have heard that u cant sing sm artist n i want some songs that are slow type to show out my voice which songs will u recommend? i can sing in korean,japanese,english, and spanish but i would prefer singing a korean song to show that i can sing korean.

thnx for ur help.

i think ur a soprano, you can sing what if from taeyon its soft but a t the same time it shows off ur vocals... hope i helped!

Guest DarkMecha82

I was told by my chorus teacher that I had a baritone voice. I kinda hope I can sing higher than that, because many of the male artists have high voices that are like tenor or something. Anyway, I've been having trouble finding songs that are in a comfortable key for me. Mostly I have to take the song, and sing it in a different key. I'm having a hard time finding songs by male artists to sing, so far all my song coices are by female singers. what choices I have now are:

Japnese:

GREEN- Ayumi Hamasaki http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZEavBbA61g

NEXT LEVEL- Ayumi Hamasaki http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy5xnAePxvE...feature=related

Wahrhiet- Yousei Teikoku http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw7cVB6lKSQ I sing this in D, instead of the key it's in (obviously...)

Harmonia Vita- hirano Aya http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhqsxbE7XZc

Mandarin:

Super junior M- 爱你爱你 (Love you, Love you) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ootPvS5U2CU

English:

Alicia Keys - No One http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jij9nMV4Pzc

If anyone has any other song suggestions (perferably male artists, not female ) please tell me! ( I really am not good at singing thses osngs, but out of the ones I know, I sing these the best..)

I was told by my chorus teacher that I had a baritone voice. I kinda hope I can sing higher than that, because many of the male artists have high voices that are like tenor or something. Anyway, I've been having trouble finding songs that are in a comfortable key for me. Mostly I have to take the song, and sing it in a different key. I'm having a hard time finding songs by male artists to sing, so far all my song coices are by female singers. what choices I have now are:

Japnese:

GREEN- Ayumi Hamasaki http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZEavBbA61g

NEXT LEVEL- Ayumi Hamasaki http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy5xnAePxvE...feature=related

Wahrhiet- Yousei Teikoku http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw7cVB6lKSQ I sing this in D, instead of the key it's in (obviously...)

Harmonia Vita- hirano Aya http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhqsxbE7XZc

Mandarin:

Super junior M- 爱你爱你 (Love you, Love you) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ootPvS5U2CU

English:

Alicia Keys - No One http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jij9nMV4Pzc

If anyone has any other song suggestions (perferably male artists, not female ) please tell me! ( I really am not good at singing thses osngs, but out of the ones I know, I sing these the best..)

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMMM DX

k lik u know jessica and taeyeon from SNSD and how i'm a big fan of SNSD?

i tried singing kissing you WHILE i played it on my computer,

and at the end when they hit jess and taeng hit the high notes, i can do it too :D

i listen to a lot of guy singers too, but when i try to sing their songs, i either sing it really low or really high just to stay on key.

whereas when a sing a song by a female singer, i can sing it around my medium range or higher :)

Guest chaehee723

i think i'm more like mezzo soprano type..

is it good VOCAL RANGE almost exactly like Miley Cyrus. although my voice type is different with her.

any recommendation? sometimes i want to try 8Eight - Without a Heart but i kinda doubt it since they're trio with male voice.

i'm afraid they won't accept if girls sing male song (although 8Eight has female member)

what do u guys think?

Guest ginnytan208945

i think i'm more like mezzo soprano type..

is it good VOCAL RANGE almost exactly like Miley Cyrus. although my voice type is different with her.

any recommendation? sometimes i want to try 8Eight - Without a Heart but i kinda doubt it since they're trio with male voice.

i'm afraid they won't accept if girls sing male song (although 8Eight has female member)

what do u guys think?

since ur voice has a low vocal range its perfectly fine if u sing a guy's song if its comfortable for your voice; because you should never choose a song that will strain your voice and if your vocal range is like miley cyrus you can try singing her songs, and your own spice to it. im sure u sing better than her -_-' hehe....

Archived