Avex 09. The 'star Search' Is On!

Guest Hello! Project

Guest NEW*AGE

I wonder if I I could post up songs and videos for the online application with an Imeem account...

They don't want to go through the trouble, so I suggest just creating a youtube account if you don't have one.

:blink:

Then I guess that means I was quite lucky. :sweatingbullets:

:/ Sorry if I offended anybody with my comment! :blush:

And question, how do you know there were people whose applications didn't pass the screening??? :mellow:

I know people personally who didn't get in. It's probably not cause they weren't "good looking" enough, but rather...their pictures were too hard to deal with. (angles, person too small, weird expression, etc.)

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ai.melon

on that thought what would be the the safest image? as in pose, clothing, hair style>?

I think your 'normal going out' look it fine :)

But, if you're like me and don't use makeup,

this might be one of those rare times you do. Just

very subtle, I suppose.

For a picture, I think that you need to be normal?

Not 'posey' but not 'ex convict jail mugshot'(boring)

Guest Kira379

About the different talents, that is a good question to ask avex. My thought would be two halve your 1 min 30 sec video xD

that's a good idea :D I guess that means 30 sec dancing, 30 sec acting, and 30 sec model (average, of course) for me xD

I think your 'normal going out' look it fine :)

But, if you're like me and don't use makeup,

this might be one of those rare times you do. Just

very subtle, I suppose.

For a picture, I think that you need to be normal?

Not 'posey' but not 'ex convict jail mugshot'(boring)

I usually don't wear make up, but for the shots I will ^o^

I suggest doing something similar to the headshots on Avex' site.

Depending on what you're going for though. I think models should dress up more then a singer/dancer/etc if you get what I mean.

Guest green.teax

Just wondering, so after you submit an online application you still have to go to the actual live audition in USA right? So basically, unless you live in USA, or will be there during the auditions is sending an online application basically useless unless they're REALLY interested in you?

Guest NEW*AGE

Just wondering, so after you submit an online application you still have to go to the actual live audition in USA right? So basically, unless you live in USA, or will be there during the auditions is sending an online application basically useless unless they're REALLY interested in you?

Pretty much.

OKAY HELP me!!

Sorry about the quality!! BUT Give harsh comments if you must =P

This is not the final product so if it sucks just tell me and i will improve

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoVxLSKwj7o

gave you a comment on your youtube account. I dont mean to sound harsh.

[EDIT] I were glasses. Do you think it would be ok for me to wear them or not?

Guest NEW*AGE

gave you a comment on your youtube account. I dont mean to sound harsh.

[EDIT] I were glasses. Do you think it would be ok for me to wear them or not?

It's ultimately up to you. If you're applying for modelling, get rid of the glasses. If they're really interested in you in person (like for singing or dancing), they'll most likely ask you to take off your glasses & pull up your hair, so they can get a better look of your face.

Guest Kira379

It's ultimately up to you. If you're applying for modelling, get rid of the glasses. If they're really interested in you in person (like for singing or dancing), they'll most likely ask you to take off your glasses & pull up your hair, so they can get a better look of your face.

I say get contacts ^o^

You don't have to of course (do you listen to complete strangers?)

but... if you're dancing, they might fall off (depending on the dance but...)

and modeling.. most people (I think?) don't wear glasses.

I wear contacts, and I'm trying out for acting/modeling/dancing... and maybe play guitar.

Guest HappyToast

I saw the flyer on myspace and i was like "OMG" XD

I made it to the beginning rounds last year, but unfourtanly i didn't get to go :(

I usually don't wear make up, but for the shots I will ^o^

I suggest doing something similar to the headshots on Avex' site.

Depending on what you're going for though. I think models should dress up more then a singer/dancer/etc if you get what I mean.

I've actually done some modeling before, and am pursuing that right now, so let me offer a bit of advice. For example, if you wear makeup for the shots, definitely make sure that it is the absolute barest minimum, and completely natural looking. Modeling agencies, for one, want to see what you look like naturally, and if they find out that you're different from what you look like in your pictures, that's not a great impression to make. It can be used to cover up slight flaws and whatnot though, just be sure it's not noticeable. (:

Also, models don't really have to dress up more than singers or dancers. I suggest going with a casual but form-fitting outfit, nothing too revealing, nor too dress-uppy. If you're only there to pursue modeling, judges or whoever's in charge want to see you, and not be distracted by whatever fancy outfit that you might be wearing. In fact, I'd say that the models would have to be more careful of what they wear, and how they're presented, than the others. If you're trying out for modeling as well as other paths, I'd say that you do the same, but maybe not as basic and casual.

Along with that, don't try to increase your height by wearing killer heels, because that will cause them to be suspicious about whether or not you had lied about your height. Then again, heels make your catwalk look more elegant, and just overall better. And if you dance well in heels, that's definitely a bonus! (: So if you want to wear heels, try wearing modest ones, not over 3 inches.

Try not to wear makeup at all, once again, or natural-looking. There are a lot of girls out there who don't know this, surprisingly, and would go into agencies looking completely overdone, which is definitely not what the judges want.

Be confident, that's the most important key. I can't emphasize how important this is. Come in with a straight posture, a big smile, and confidence just emanating off of you. The 4 D's of modeling: Desire, Determination, Drive, and Dedication. As long as you're serious about modeling, and you remember this, I'm sure you'll do well. (:

I hope this helps, and if there are any questions about modeling, such as poses, what the modeling world is like, etc. singing, or dancing, all of which I have become experienced with over the years, including years of vocal training and of dance, just ask, and I'll try to help out (:

Guest mspop

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7731645

Kim Ah Joong Version - Somewhere Over the Rainbow (Cover of a Cover)

Please critique!

i know i sound like im 5 but im 17(x

help me find ways to improve!

is there anything i can do to mature my voice?

p.s. sorry about the static from my mic when i get loud!

cut and pasted at parts because of my phone ringing

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7731645

Please critique!

i know i sound like im 5 but im 17(x

help me find ways to improve!

is there anything i can do to mature my voice?

p.s. sorry about the static from my mic when i get loud!

To be honest, you're singing off-pitch a lot, because you keep changing keys around, which is a big issue.

Also, your breaths are short, and you cut yourself off too abruptly at times.

Other than that, you have a really cute voice, and I'm being serious (:

If you work on your techniques, and practice alot, you could definitely go somewhere with this!

Guest mspop

ohDANGwesley:

Thank you for the critique! any tips on maturing a voice?

towards the end my phone rang a few times so i had to cut and paste parts(x

so it may be a little off pitch because i couldnt get back totally to the same pitch.

for more information: i was following the Kim Ah Joong version of the song

so it may be a little different than the original!(x

ohDANGwesley:

Thank you for the critique! any tips on maturing a voice?

towards the end my phone rang a few times so i had to cut and paste parts(x

so it may be a little off pitch because i couldnt get back totally to the same pitch.

for more information: i was following the Kim Ah Joong version of the song

so it may be a little different than the original!(x

I'm not sure on whether or not you've ever received professional vocal training, but there are certain voice exercises that you can do to help you improve pitch, rhythm, pronunciation, and breathing. If you change the key for the song, make sure you change it for the ENTIRE song, not just certain parts of it, or else it will sound really off.

You have a great tone to your voice, and it could be to your advantage, but there are also ways of maturing your voice. For example, when you sing, make sure to open your mouth wider. This helps you to reach higher notes, have better diction, and just makes your voice sound prettier. Remember the "Ah, Eh, Ee, Oh, Oo" exercise for diction? It helps. By recording your singing, you can also listen to yourself, fix what needs to be fixed, and try again to improve.

For breathing, what will really help is if for example, you remember exactly where you want to breathe, and work on it. This will improve your singing because you will be prepared, and not take any sudden breaths or gasps that may marr your singing. It will also help make it more professional. And for women, it's harder to grasp air through our bodies to sing. So one thing you need to remember is to sing not only with your vocal chords, but you need to sing with your entire body, all the way down from your toes. Reach from the bottom for air, if you can visualize it.

Try these, and I guarantee you will notice an improvement. And of course, practice, practice, practice! I hope this helps, and if there are any other questions, feel free to ask.

Guest Kira379

I want to show rap talents and singing talents. Would it be possible that I split the two songs between 1:30sec?

i dont want my audition to seem choppy..

Haha don't worry xD I'm thinking of getting 10 pictures for 3 seconds, or 15 pictures for 2 seconds, and in the background I'm singing. Then maybe 20 seconds of dancing, 20 seconds of guitar, and 20 seconds of acting.

Or is that waaay to split up?

Archived