Avex 09. The 'star Search' Is On!

Guest Hello! Project

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Isthan

Dang it >> I hate recording myself on a video....augh -headdesk- plus audio through videos never sound any good -cries-

"Only sing a long with music if you have the Karaoke version of your song. Non-Karaoke versions will not be excepted. If you do not have a Karaoke version please sing it a cappella. *Please be careful on the volume of music. We need to hear your voice clearly."

What does that mean by karaoke Version? Does the Karaoke had to be empty with none of the original singers in the background. Or Is it ok as long as we don't use the original song or use a karaoke version we made?

original singers.

Guest Hello! Project

hmm where can I find the deadline for this sign up thing? thank you in advance ^^;

currently there is no deadline, but i suggest you sign up as soon as possible.

As far as the question about genre, sing what shows your voice most beautifully or in the most pure and raw form. And no, you dont have to sing in Japanese. Please sing in the language that is most comfortable to you.^^

About the different talents, that is a good question to ask avex. My thought would be two halve your 1 min 30 sec video xD

GL people...

Guest Kira379

I bet they'd let you audition as a group, but choose individual members if they like you (so competition right there).

I hope they stop in Dallas ^o^ (that's not where I live, btw). Just choose that place because its a major city and I live close by.

GL everyone!

Guest Hello! Project

Do you think they'll let you audition as a group? :|

It'll probably be like the world audition, you can audition as a group, but you will be judged individually...kinda sucks, cause what if only one member gets in?

But to submit your application, one member would represent the group and apply, though in your yt video, all 3, 4, 5 whatever number members would perform together...

i think. i'll confirm that soon.

those who auditioned last year, give pointers to your fellow auditionerrrs. And if you have a video ready and want it to be judged, with all honesty (atleast i know i'll be honest) and constructive criticism then do post it up.

I'm also adding a FAQ to the front page.

Guest Kira379

Um... the chances of making it (3 finalist, 1,500 applicants) is .2% But that's a lot better then World Audition and others.

and I noticed that they didn't take any composers.

Did they have an acting category last year?

Guest DarkMecha82

Um, Do you think they would allow someone to sing Wahrheit from Yousei Teikoku? I can sing it really well, but they lyrics are a little bit less than happy....maybe I'll just sing a song in English.

^

Critiquing yours. :) Just be aware that I'm not being mean or anything, just making some comments.

So, I think that you are overdoing the vibrato...And, there are some parts where you sing off-tune. Also, it would be better to practice your timing with the song, since there are parts where you sing too fast or you sing too slow. But, I like your tone, it really does suit jpop songs. Another thing is to pronounce your words more clearly, there are some parts where I can't understand or interpret what you are saying.

Overall, I think you should practice the song once more. :) Sorry if this was too harsh. ><

Good luck with the audition. :)

Guest Ariah`

Nihonjin_berryz: I agree with anime_freakx1000. It seemed like you were almost forcing yourself to have that flowing R&B sound that professionals have, timing-wise. If that makes any sense. o_o Not really sure how to word that. But, instead of that crisp, yet precisely flowing sound and tempo, your performance seemed almost wishy-washy and it was tough to pinpoint beats. And that is always a MUST. The listener really needs to be able to recognize the melody, otherwise they get bored. And, of course, entertainer the listener is the entire reason we sing, right?

If I were you, I would practice is slower, acapella, and tap your foot to yourself to make sure that you are hitting the right beats and everything. And, that will help you improve your intonation as well. Because of how quick and wishy-washy your singing was, you were breezing over some notes that could have been better in tune. Especially the higher ones.

You've got a GREAT voice, though! Keep singing! I bet you'll do great! =D

Thank you for critic. I appreciate it.

Question? I don't understand what you mean by it sounds like its force. I wasn't trying to.. I dont know how to explain it it sounds better when I sing sometime but I get air bubbles in my throat in my and i start coughing and choking.

Example: Like someplace a trumpet with a turn value or cloth in the pipe. You blow and blow but barely any thing come s out. But as so as you fix the problem you belt.

My question: How can i belt without hurting anyone know any tips?

Guest syk759

I'm so happy they decided to come back! Last year was when I really started seriously considering entering the music business and wanted to try out for AVEX. I filled out the application online and got sent an email saying that I was accepted (I don't think anybody was rejected from that first process though, where you just sent in basic info ad a picture of yourself-correct me if I'm wrong). But I couldn't go because school was still going on and plane tickets...ugh.

But now they're back! And I've moved! :)

I'm going to post a short clip of myself singing then I'll edit this post to have link to it. Then, I hope you guys will give me good constructive criticism!!! :D

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

I wonder if I I could post up songs and videos for the online application with an Imeem account...

Guest Isthan

I'm so happy they decided to come back! Last year was when I really started seriously considering entering the music business and wanted to try out for AVEX. I filled out the application online and got sent an email saying that I was accepted (I don't think anybody was rejected from that first process though, where you just sent in basic info ad a picture of yourself-correct me if I'm wrong). But I couldn't go because school was still going on and plane tickets...ugh.

But now they're back! And I've moved! :)

I'm going to post a short clip of myself singing then I'll edit this post to have link to it. Then, I hope you guys will give me good constructive criticism!!! :D

You said correct you if you're wrong :D Yes there were still people rejected from the first process.

Guest syk759

You said correct you if you're wrong :D Yes there were still people rejected from the first process.

:blink:

Then I guess that means I was quite lucky. :sweatingbullets:

:/ Sorry if I offended anybody with my comment! :blush:

And question, how do you know there were people whose applications didn't pass the screening??? :mellow:

Archived