I'M IN CALI!

j79

Hi.. I remember you from way back.

Are you hopping by or staying sedentary there for awhile?

I'm not in Cali but I wish I were there though.. I need to get out of here.

California Dreaming~~ *does cheesy the hand signs*

Have fun :)

Guest rosakim

it sounds like you are having a good time...i was there not too long ago...the 19th-21st of may for the korean concert....k-town is great...we stayed at a hotel right in k-town also...hahaha...if you have some time stop by the farmer's market that's not too far from there..on 3rd and fairfax...i didn't get to spend too much time there but there were so many interesting things there...oh, and there's this one tofu restaurant right there that you should try out...their soon tofu soup is delicious...have fun! :) don't know you but, Hi! :D

Guest kOoHII

cali is not that great really...it's really overly hyped. downtown la is in the middle of the ghetto...the only perks about cali is disneyland, ktown, and maybe little tokyo

hi celidilec! is this your first time to K-town?

Yes, it is! Its been really cool so far. I've had some great korean food so far! Also, saw Music Plaza, where I use to buy my music from. So, that was really cool :)

First day here, we had food at Soot Bull Jeep (I think is name?) which was REALLY good! Also went to a buffet, which wasn't great, but not horrible...

Plus, the yujahs are BEAUTIFUL!!! :ph34r::ph34r:;)

it sounds like you are having a good time...i was there not too long ago...the 19th-21st of may for the korean concert....k-town is great...we stayed at a hotel right in k-town also...hahaha...if you have some time stop by the farmer's market that's not too far from there..on 3rd and fairfax...i didn't get to spend too much time there but there were so many interesting things there...oh, and there's this one tofu restaurant right there that you should try out...their soon tofu soup is delicious...have fun! :) don't know you but, Hi! :D

YEAH! We went to the Farmer's Market when we got here. Very cool! :)

Do you know where the tofu restaurant is?? I have a week with my bro left, and our plan is to hit up some different restaurants :)

j-j-j-j-j-cels!

you finally made it over here, huh!!

there's a rather "famous" soon-dubu joint called SO-GONG-DONG on the corner of vermont & olympic, a plaza over from HAN-NAM CHAIN (there's probably 1000 soon dubu joints on that intersection, but that one's particularly well known).

since you're there for a week, you also have to go to HODORI, which is this 24-hour k-food joint that's a landmark in k-town. it's not awesome or anything, but just one of those places you go to after a late nite of whatever :D

also, if you like JJAM-BBONG (spicy), there's this place called AL-BAN-AE that my sister always takes me. it's a hole-in-the-wall on 6th & alexandria. their jjambbong is like a swimming pool, and SUPER spicy, but delicious. they also have an awesome DDUK-BOK-EE SUPREME type of dish that the cook at your table.

these are all <$8 a dish type places, easy on the wallet, but tasty!

i hope you have a great time! i'm a suburb girl, and LA gives me a headache, but it's def. a city worth checking out! <3

Guest cookiecutter

go to w.hollywood.. (:<

lesbians hahaha mm....

errrr..kt is boring......... ;[[[[

well besides the bars.... :DD

Guest Alxneeds2gopee

Plus, the yujahs are BEAUTIFUL!!! :ph34r::ph34r:;)

yo man go up to one of them and have a tickle fight with them!!!

i hate it when people refer to socal like it's the actual state of CA... we northerner wants some love too!! come up and have tacos/burritos and our taco trucks, have some of our sourdough bowl clam chowder, come see our red wood forest haha

Guest cookiecutter

^ babbyy don't hate....

hahaha.......s.cali richard simmons are dOWN!!!! ight..... lol` u should know...

u got kids...........;]

Guest Alxneeds2gopee

^ babbyy don't hate....

hahaha.......s.cali richard simmons are dOWN!!!! ight..... lol` u should know...

u got kids...........;]

u got kids too :P

i'm just saying when people say they're going to california they go straight to LA :\

you know i never been to k town gotta visit it someday

Guest cookiecutter

^ oh baby baby! don't worryy.....

u can help me look 4 a hot lesbo...when we get to w.hollywood.... mm haha.....

well i can't wait when i go to da bay area i'll go straight to my baby daddy's house oakland muthafucca....LOL..

seriously.....don't jus go straight to KT kinda ghey...

Guest Carmaine

Yeah, seriously. I live in K-TOWN. It's not THAT great.

cookiecutter: Even the bars are BORING. You want the best bars, go to Santa Monica.

i hate it when people refer to socal like it's the actual state of CA...

Get used to it. SoCal IS CA. Muahahahaha

Awww Jack is in our neck of the woods! You FINALLY come visit the west coast. Took you long enough!

Now if you see me, don't go following me home now...haha (like last time! :crazy: )

Hodori...hmm...last I heard, it got infested with cockroaches...so people have been going to Nakwon (which is right next door...and I think cockroaches can also just walk right over). BUT it is a Ktown landmark. Open 24 hours 7 days a week 365 days a year.

There is a soondooboo place on Wilshire & Kingsley (3575 Wilshire Blvd) called BCD where a lot of people seem to bump into celebrities. There is another BCD on Western (Western & 9th) across the street from Ktown Galleria, but in the same lot as Rodeo Galleria.

Don't forget to go NoRaeBang! I always go to the one on Normandie & 6th. I believe it's called Young Dong. Only $10 an hour? Or was it $15?

Guest SoupSandwich

cali is not that great really...it's really overly hyped. downtown la is in the middle of the ghetto...the only perks about cali is disneyland, ktown, and maybe little tokyo

California maybe over hyped.. BUT I can assure you that it is pretty much better then any other state in America..

Guest system

Wish I was in Cali.

The weather in the east coast has been horrible lately.

MI got dumped with rain and then made its way here to NY.

Guest asianguyno2

Awww Jack is in our neck of the woods! You FINALLY come visit the west coast. Took you long enough!

Now if you see me, don't go following me home now...haha (like last time! :crazy: )

Hodori...hmm...last I heard, it got infested with cockroaches...so people have been going to Nakwon (which is right next door...and I think cockroaches can also just walk right over). BUT it is a Ktown landmark. Open 24 hours 7 days a week 365 days a year.

There is a soondooboo place on Wilshire & Kingsley (3575 Wilshire Blvd) called BCD where a lot of people seem to bump into celebrities. There is another BCD on Western (Western & 9th) across the street from Ktown Galleria, but in the same lot as Rodeo Galleria.

Don't forget to go NoRaeBang! I always go to the one on Normandie & 6th. I believe it's called Young Dong. Only $10 an hour? Or was it $15?

Oh, damn. Didn't hear that about Hodori. Good to know since we're going clubbing this weekend. I guess we're not going there after.

Guest watcher

if those were the only places in cali, it would be hard to understand how a hype could ever exist.

unlike most big cities, downtown LA isnt generally where people hang. but given all the other unique areas, like ktown, the beach communities like venice, manhatten, malibu and even santa monica, all the smaller chinese areas like monterey park, alhambra, etc, and more well known places like hollywood/universal city, anaheim, etc...i personally think LA has plenty of cool places to go to.

heck...let's spread the love and give credit to San Diego and San Francisco. there's plenty of great things to do in those cities too. I think weather/scenery in SD is nicer than LA. and SF has a unique blend of east-coast/west-coast city feel.

when you think about it...cali's not so bad. it might not be like mahattan (which i love like my own hometown), but it's nice out here. =)

System - it's actually kinda humid in LA. i guess it's nicer than rain, but weather was nice in NY after the rain passed by over the weekend. i'd rather be up there in NY though. haha

edit: nakwon's better. but if you want a place to go after drinks, jinju gomtang is open 24/7 as well i believe. it's on wilshire and alexandria, further east from BCD.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived