The M A S C A R A Thread.

Guest lunastelle

serendipityxt - "Mascara is one makeup product in your bag that you want to keep tabs on. It's a breeding ground for bacteria. Most mascaras with a tube & a wand have an antibacterial agent in them that last about 6 weeks making you safe for at least a couple months & likely safe up to 4. You risk eye infection the longer you keep the product. If you notice the smell changes or the texture changes, throw it out. It's not worth it." - source: http://beauty.about.com/od/mascara/f/throwout.htm

-----

DiorShow was okay but it clumps up quite a bit though.

Imju Fiberwig Fiberwig is officially my mascara HG. It's light, separates, and no raccoon eyes. I can't say anything about its ability to hold curls either because I have naturally curled eyelashes. Can't really comment on lengthening effect either as I have long eye lashes to begin with but it does volumizes in a natural way. If you're used to dramatic buy something else.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AppleOfMyEYE

^ yeah i heard that too actually. but is it BAD for your eyelashes if you use them after 3-4 months?

I know there's an issue with hygiene and bacteria thrive in dark, damp, enclosed areas. So you could get eye infections or irritated eyes. If you have it for longer than 3 months and still use it and nothing happens, i would keep using it. it's only recommended to throw it out after 3 months. but if it smells funny, definitely throw it out.

Guest flyaway.

I've only tried about 4-5 different mascaras. My favorite out of them would be the one I have now: Diorshow Iconic. Separates and no clumps (at least for me). But I want to try the Imju Fiberwig mascara next... since I keep seeing good reviews on it.

Guest cliche <3

I've used a bunch of the high-end brand mascaras like Diorshow Iconic, Yves Saint Laurent faux cils, Lancome Oscillation, Estee Lauder..etc. and I'm still on the lookout for a good mascara..

I used Diorshow for a reeally long time but it was the same one since at that time I didn't know you had to throw mascara out after 3-6 months..so I used it for like 2 years..lol :ph34r: but I never found anything bad about it even though I used it for so long. The formula didn't ever get thick or solid. However it did give me a stye/eye infection so I obviously had to throw it out.

Pros: it doesn't clump and it's pretty buildable. It also seperated my lashes pretty well, not making it look like spider-leg lashes

Cons: I'm not so sure if it holds curls well..but I used a cheap eye curler then so I don't really know.

I'm currently using YSL and I've had it for about 4 months now? I usually throw out my mascaras after 5-6 months cause 3 months is just too short especially for the price it costs.. =/ but I have to say that this mascara does get thick and clumpy over time unfortunately.. When I first got it, I loved it, but then the formula starts getting hard so it becomes harder to get the product out of the tube.

Pros: buildable, really volumizing, holds curl really well, lengthening? (I can't really tell since I already have long lashes), has a rose scent

Cons: formula thickens over time

Lancome Oscillation: I was REALLY disappointed with this product. I payed $30 for it and it's totally not worth it. All it does is vibrate and the mascara is so liquidy and takes way too long to dry. It's supposed to lengthen your lashes but I've used it on my friend who has really short lashes and it didn't really do anything..

Estee Lauder More Than Mascara: I bought this a long time ago but never really used it much. It was more like a moisturizer for your lashes. It makes your lashes look more natural and not as dramatic as the other mascaras.

The only drugstore brand mascara I've used is Maybelline Define-A-Lash and I actually really liked it. I liked the silicon brush cause it didn't clump the mascara onto my lashes and it seperated them pretty well. However it's not much of a volumizing or curling mascara, which is disappointing :(

I'm still on the lookout for the perfect mascara for my lashes. I'm thinking about getting the Bare Escentuals Buxom Lash. Has anyone used it before? if so, can you tell me if it holds curls well?

Guest serendipityxt

Okay lol thanks for the responses guys ... I'm scared to death now lmfaoooooo. I wish i remembered when I first got these free mascaras. One was Kiss Me that I received free in the mail idk how long ago ... about a year? and another one was the clinic one (i think it was the wedding one?)

does anyone know about how long ago those were...?

Guest min_sora

I would like a suggestion.

I'm not quite sure which mascara I'd like to buy.

The last mascara I used was Diorshow waterproof.

But it got old so I chucked it.

I'm not that into volume or curling, lengthening is the most important factor for me.

Please reply! Thanks!

Please brand make up only. (I don't have anything against drugstore make up- duty free shopping!)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest yumi-chan

I highly recommend a Japanese brand mascara called fairy drops. It's amazing, it doesn't give me raccoon eyes and the brush separates my eye lashes equally without clumps. It's also cheap (around 13 dollars) totally worth the buy.

i recently got loreal explosion mascara.. it has a really nice wand that gets to every lash but the formula gets really clumpy. i like max factors volume couture's formula.. its really smooth so it does a good job at lengthening and separating. too bad max factor will no longer be sold in the us =/

I've used a bunch of the high-end brand mascaras like Diorshow Iconic, Yves Saint Laurent faux cils, Lancome Oscillation, Estee Lauder..etc. and I'm still on the lookout for a good mascara..

I used Diorshow for a reeally long time but it was the same one since at that time I didn't know you had to throw mascara out after 3-6 months..so I used it for like 2 years..lol :ph34r: but I never found anything bad about it even though I used it for so long. The formula didn't ever get thick or solid. However it did give me a stye/eye infection so I obviously had to throw it out.

Pros: it doesn't clump and it's pretty buildable. It also seperated my lashes pretty well, not making it look like spider-leg lashes

Cons: I'm not so sure if it holds curls well..but I used a cheap eye curler then so I don't really know.

your supposed to throw out mascra after 6 month??? omgggg i have mine for a year =0 how do u know when to throw it out?

Guest JenJenn

Sooo , what do yuu guys think on which mascara holds curls best:

Im thinking of ...

L'Oreal Voluminous

Rimmel's sexy curves

Rimmel Glam’Eyes

im gonna buy a new mascara but im not sure which ^^

S:

Guest raindrops

Hahaha... i knew we had to dispose of old mascaras/old eye makeup but ... didn't know it was 3 -6 months. Damn.. i've had my mascaras for 2 years now. Time to clean out T_T,,,,

I really like Bloom's Full & Flirty... Bloom is an Aussie make up line so I don't know if they're everywhere in the wooorld.... but yeah :) the brush is so good and it doesn't clump at all. I'm going to buy a new one.

Guest ketchup?

I am in love with the Diorshow mascara. After I'm done using this Diorshow, I want to try the Diorshow Iconic or the Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes. Anyone have any reviews for the two that I want to try out?

Guest sabrineezy:)

I absolutely ADORE L'oreal's Lash Out Waterproof. Beautiful length and easily holds a curl, as with most other waterproof mascaras. A few swipes, and you're good.

However I've always, always wanted to try Lancome's Hypnose Waterproof. If only it wasn't 24 freaking dollars. <_< I could buy tons more good drugstore mascara for one tube of Hypnose. :wacko: I just can't stop craving it, though!

Archived