少女時代 Girls' Generation (소녀시대) Official Thread 2

Guest zahieyjunki

• Replies 39.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vpower

Genie is plagiarism.

you might want to get your facts straight before you go around posting this. apparently, SM does have the rights to the song, and the song you posted copied off of Genie. at least that's the most up to date news we got so far. i'm sure the truth will all come out soon.

anyway, i can't wait for Tiffany on Oppa Band. it'll be nice to see her interact with all the guys.

Guest baby-swts

NO ITS NOT! -_-

do you even try to get the facts straight? <_<

don't go into this thread and say that snsd plagerized

when you know nothing! :rolleyes:

SM says Genie release was administered by Universal Music Publishing Group and Genie is the only official version released in the world.

SM says UMPG is looking into legal actions.

Guest Sarki

In any case, it's amazing how much the song looks like.

Oh, by the way, I have one question.

What was exactly won by Gee a week ago on Music Bank? :S

Guest starduster34

^ I believe it was Davichi with 8282.

And Genie was NOT plagiarized!! Can't wait for the girl's music bank performance! Wonder what they will be wearing?

Guest fallen*angel

What was exactly won by Gee a week ago on Music Bank? :S

Snsd won the award for dominating the first half of 2009

WHICH IS HUGEEEE =D

congrats again to my lovely ladies ^^

they beat out ss501 and suju 8)

yeeeh.

Genie is plagiarism.

that is incorrect my friend .___.

please don't go into this thread making up rumors that are false

I guess I have to post this again @__@"

from bug

Genie is original exclusively signed by Universal Music Publishing AB w/e that is

88082136.jpg

SNSD "Genie" Not a Cover Song! + Other Controversial SM Songs

Written by ahhyala

Wednesday, 01 July 2009 20:26

SM claims that SNSD's "Genie" is the first and official song. Apparently the demo tapes were leaked and the Uzbek singer plagiarized it. SM says Universal Music Publishing Group will be seeking legal actions. Universal Music Publishing Group was the company that handled the 'Genie' project for SM.

Guest xlhenx

20090702114704788.jpg

thank you for posing this fallen*angel :) hm. yeah. i agree, most of them are calling SOOYOUNG handsome :] lol. but for me, SOOYOUNG is really pretty,beautiful and a HOTTIE :)

Guest Lishathestain

^please don't quote img :)

some sponsored stuff to keep the thread moving lol.

1210ea254a4cf9cb4e9e9a.jpg

1310ea254a4cf9c02f5e49.jpg

1710ea254a4cf9c8466fc2.jpg

1910ea254a4cf9c2359941.jpg

so pretty *__*

1910ea254a4cf9ca4caf1b.jpg

c;sosiz

Guest baby-swts

thank you for posing this fallen*angel :) hm. yeah. i agree, most of them are calling SOOYOUNG handsome :] lol. but for me, SOOYOUNG is really pretty,beautiful and a HOTTIE :)

i look at that sooyoung pic of her with her mom and your siggy "minho"

they look so alike! :w00t:

LOL anybody agree? xDD

ne whooo~

cyworld real-time #3 what the eff? :mellow::unsure:

eimosw.jpg

mnet daily #1 WOOT :D

2q067nn.jpg

melon #1 :w00t:

vhg7l5.jpg

dosirak #2 -_-

axguqh.jpg

bugs #2 :huh:

2v0byv9.jpg

muz #1 thats what im talking boutttt B)

2q038jr.jpg

musicon #1 WOOT :P

2h2jkhx.jpg

soribada #1 yeah yeah yeahhhh~!!! :lol:

24x2mn8.jpg

credits 2ne1 thread

Guest Miyoun_mylove

lol everyone is calling sooyoung handsome nowadays @___@

lol..yeah..but i find sooyoung handsome when i first saw her wearing a schoolboy uniform in a performance of 2007 KBS Gayo Daejeon...^^..

sooyoung's cool B)

Guest minanki25

thanks for the update with the charts baby-swts

what a relieved im glad genie wasnt plagiarized

aww man i missed tiffany too

she logged on around 2:00am pst and i when to sleep at 1:45am ahhh should have stayed on longer

Guest sbeanz

you really do need to get your facts straight before you post something.. And even if it was a cover there are plenty of other artists who cover other original artist's songs. Do you think they all "plagiarize" too?

ex) Craig David-Insomnia=Wheesung, Sarah Connor-Under My Skin=DBSK-Mirotic, Koda Kumi-Cutie Honey=Ayumi...etc. I think you get the point.

Guest Eltoshen

Guys, no point talking about Genie being plagiarized, since it clearly isn't. Maybe by the Uzbek singer, but definitely not SNSD. It sucks how the girls have to take the beating due to misunderstanding, especially when they weren't the ones who chose the song either.

Anyways, Genie is good, but please don't make snide comments just because they aren't #1 on all the charts. Many SNSD fans are also fans of 2NE1 (myself included), and it's rude to us when you post things like, "wtf" and ">_>".

Guest alexandrae

I don't know but is it even legal to sell the song to both parties?

:P with that then the one should explain is the one who sell the song...

If it's like what happened to DBSK with mirotic and Sarah Connor's Under my skin... Europe receives the rights for Sarah Connor’s version, Asia get’s Dong Bang Shin Gi.” then SNSD and the uzbekistan has an equal rights for the song? is that right?

I don't know what's true if it's been leaked or was sold to both parties..I hope they could clarify it more...

But one thing it is not plagiarized.

SNSD fighting!

Guest zane87

^

^ I believe it was make cleared that the song wasn't sold to 2 parties but in fact the demo tape was leaked where SM is the 1 and only 1 that owns the rights, which has been posted a few times before in this thread, if u backtrack a few pages u should be able to found the posts.... :)

I think it's clear enough about the copyright of the song so ppl shouldn't continue with this topic and get move on....... else we're nothing different than those "being" that trying to get every issue of the girls blown out of proportions...... even though the reason is to defend the girls but seriously we'll did nothing and jus making bigger fuss.....

About the charts ranking..... we don't really have to concern too much, I mean we're concerned of it(of course) but we shouldn't expect that the song is like unbeatable especially with alot of new songs coming out, "Genie" did a fantastic job since it's 1st day released and still doing good and going strong.... I know a lot of ppl are not happy with all these controversies all these days and negative comments by others, but seriously we don't have to act the same and being negative towards other artists..... jus be happy that the girls are back on stage and variety shows.... :)

Guest cantthinkofaname

okay you guys don't be so harsh on soompiers who don't know their facts and obviously don't do research whatsoever lmao

just leave them alone yes? hahaha because we all know that it's not and that SM has the full 100% rights to that song :)

anyways wow our girls are still staying strong on charts, still top 3<3

Guest baby_bo

wow cool.. i topped the page.. good way to start the page and for everyone to see this post..

hope this clarifies things and hope people stops asking :D

LET ME JUST POST THIS AGAIN..

CLARIFICATION ON THE ISSUE..

GENIE IS AN ORIGINAL SONG, ORIGINALLY WRITTEN FOR GIRLS' GENERATION AND NOT FOR ANYONE ELSE...

from bug

SNSD "Genie" Not a Cover Song! + Other Controversial SM Songs

Written by ahhyala

Wednesday, 01 July 2009 20:26

SM claims that SNSD's "Genie" is the first and official song. Apparently the demo tapes were leaked and the Uzbek singer plagiarized it. SM says Universal Music Publishing Group will be seeking legal actions. Universal Music Publishing Group was the company that handled the 'Genie' project for SM.

23limgi.jpg

88082136.jpg

sum.jpg

1246025868.jpg

Guest cantthinkofaname

^

it's the internet, everything gets find out fast hahaha

and well it's rumored that they're supposed to be performing at DC this year, lets just hope they do<3

Archived