少女時代 Girls' Generation (소녀시대) Official Thread 2

Guest zahieyjunki

Guest Enos

Taeyeon just looked so gorgeous with those ......Totally mesmerized...by her..

Tiffany's last picture looks good as well...

It is so emotional for the g7 due to the departure of Yuri ,Hyunah and SUnny....

• Replies 39.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest timpa

I don't think SM is any better or worse than other companies, like you said some other companies in Korea may be even worse when it comes to how they treat the physical health of their idols. I think JYP is worse in that regard. I think it's a Korean problem, someday there will probably be laws passed similar to what exists in other countries like the US.

Anyway, I watched those IY clips and nooooooooo :( is the clip of their goodbye message from the episode or from the preview for the next episode? I was hoping for at least another episode after this one with them in it... Man I was tearing up when everyone was crying during the clip too :(

Guest cecil

VSONEs on KBS World Han Network

It was recorded by camera so it's shaky , i'll post high quality later .

Guest Talesy

Wow the thread is so slow these days... But the girls are resting so I guess it's a good thing. :) They'll be active again stronger than ever. I can't wait for SM to announce what will be SNSD's upcoming plans. Hopefully the recent rumors will be clarified.

I don't know if this has been shared but it's seriously too awesome not to share !

Lyn - Oh! (SNSD) & Bo Peep Bo Peep (T-Ara) + Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (Lee Hyori)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbUsD8GRb2Q

Guest 2uss

encouraging news from Japan ^_^

a Japanese article just released yesterday giving a general overview of the photobook and

its general public interest... SNSD's popularity in Japan can only get higher B)

http://www.chosunonline.com/entame/20100603000047

少女時代が初写真集、予約3万冊超

30,000 books ordered for SNSD first Photobook

2010/06/03 15:07:38

122381651414400585.jpg

Snsd's photobook Sonyuh in Tokyo will be released on June 7th but it already recieved a lot of interest.

SM entertainment declared on June 3rd that the photobook will be up for sale on June 7th.

This photobook's concept is Sonyuh and the pictures were taken in Tokyo. It is different from their appearance on stage.

It shows the members enjoying a trip or sportsparty in a natural everyday way. This photobook will show the members' various appearances and there is also a Making off DVD that shows photographing episodes.

There were 35000 books pre-ordered and it has an explosive popularity even before the actual sale.

'This number is for female singers really high level and we are surprised of the power of snsd'

translated by: Kkabbekky@ssf (thank you)

Guest tellurmomthx

OMFG yesasia.com raised the price of the photobook from $65 to $100 ...... T_T

Koreandvds.com still have it for $65, are they reliable? I've never ordered anything from them before

Guest albi-albi-albi

Taeyeon on Singapore's Chinese newspaper, 'Lianhe Wanbao'

21560292.png

cr: Clarence Neo and facebook

Translation:

The leader of SNSD, one of the most popular Korean pop groups, SNSD or Girls’ Generation, had arrived in Singapore secretly with her family for a short holiday. However, once she was spotted by her fans, she was followed everywhere by over a hundred fans.

SNSD, the popular Kpop girl group groomed by SM Entertainment, is also Super Junior’s junior in the the Korean music industry, have a rather large loyal group of fans (SONES) in SG despite not having performed or visited Singapore since their debut in 07. On 31st May, Kim Tae Yeon had made used of her holiday break and visited Singapore with her family while travelling in low profile. (All 9 members of SNSD are currently on vacation before continuing with their activities.)

It is believed that for her first trip to SG, Tae Yeon has been travelling in low profile and she visited Sentosa’s Universal Studios, Vivocity, as well as travelled on the ‘Duck Tours’ without any crew or bodyguards around.

Kim Tae Yeon was spotted at the Singapore Flyer, dressed in casual wear, along with sunglasses to try to remain as low profile as possible, but she was still spotted by her sharp eyed fans there. The fans shouted excitedly, kept cheering and calling out her name while taking pictures and flashing the cameras right in her face, causing her to say ‘’please no pictures’’ in a slightly offended tone. The 18 secs clip taken of the incident has been uploaded online, and had active response, hitting over 25k views already.

Previously, when FTIsland had visited Singapore, one of their members had been ‘ambushed’ outside the hotel by fans.

Similarly, Kim Tae Yeon had also encountered crazy fans, who were rumored to have pulled at her hair. (However, there is another version of the incident where an itchy handed fan had reached out and grabbed at her hands.)

After the news had leaked, fans had left many messages online reprimanding the unruly actions of pulling at Tae Yeon’s hair and hands. Some fans had also reprimanded the others, saying that ‘’Tae Yeon is here for a holiday, and we should respect her privacy, as well as care about her feelings…. Please do not harass her, and if you see her please do not follow her and take photos’’.

It is said that Tae Yeon has already left Singapore and returned to Korea.

Online fans had mentioned on her FACEBOOK fan page that it was already part of her schedule to come to Singapore for a short trip, so she did not leave Singapore earlier just because she was spotted by fans. They also stated that Tae Yeon was not angry about her fans’ actions, but she felt apologetic to her family members who were travelling with her.

This section is under the same article but not related to Tae Yeon's trip in Singapore:

SNSD has come out strong, and together with their seniors Super Junior, they have taken the lion’s share of album sales in Singapore for the top half of the year.

SNSD is a 9-girl group groomed by SM Entertainment which had debuted in 07, and within 2 years, they had achieved high levels of popularity within Korea, China, Taiwan, and Thailand as well as within many other Asian countries. Each member had roles in movies, TV dramas, hosted television programs and had also been seen in many commercials. At the same time, various members are also well versed in Chinese, English and Japanese among many other talents.

Recently, for the top half of the year, results of albums sales in Korea has shown that SNSD, together with Super Junior have the highest records of sales, the 2 groups taking 1st and 2nd place respectively, with album sales shooting past 100k. At the same time, only the 2 groups SNSD and SJ had taken the top 4 places for album sales, while the mini album of Kpop king Rain had only taken 6th place.

Cr : LIANHE WANBO , translated by SNSDinmylife (Soshified Singapore), QC-ed & edited by qiuxue (smirk) (Soshified Singapore) @ soshified

Guest SoshiKC

OMFG yesasia.com raised the price of the photobook from $65 to $100 ...... T_T

the photobook is quite thick and heavy but, that's pretty ridiculous... you can easily buy the book for around $40US on quite a few sites and even with the fastest EMS shipping, it shouldn't come to more than $80US... i have no idea why any SONE would buy from Yesasia... it wouldn't even be free standard shipping anymore lol, you're basically paying for EMS shipping except... you'd be getting slow standard shipping >_<

Guest 2uss

Korean articles are releasing and echoing the Japanese Chosun article above i posted earlier... that the photobook is receiving a lot of interests and high sales are expected... but there is a rumor

http://news.nate.com/view/20100605n01728

‘소시’ 화보집 예약만 16억원

2010-06-05 07:08

according to this article, rumors amongst fans in Korea are saying that the photobook will be limited in supplies/prints??

(i hope it's just me that mistranslated the words)

i don't understand... the whole reason that it was delayed in releasing was that they (SM and the publisher/printing company) plan to print more copies due to the overwelming demands right??... i still hope such rumors are not true :( because i know friends that are waiting for their next paycheck just to buy the photobook by next month (us college students are always broke :mellow::P )

maybe silis or anyone who understands Korean better can clarify a bit...

Guest prettyoungthing

[News] SNSD, 1st place for Girl Group that Suits Pro Baseball Pitching Best! - SATURDAY, JUNE 5, 2010

Girl group SNSD was selected 1st place as the girl group that suits pro baseball pitching best by DMB viewers.

QBS, which broadcasts the terrestrial DMB pro baseball telecasts, created a survey from May 17th to May 30th, targeting 508 total DMB viewers asking which 'girl group would suit pro baseball pitching best'.

It resulted in SNSD placing 1st with an overwhelming figure of 54% (279 votes).

Kara was supported with 17%, placing 2nd (91 votes), After School placed 3rd with 10% (54 votes). It is known that After School's Uee is the daughter of Nexen Heroes' pro baseball coach, Kim Sunggab.

QBS's organization manager, Lee Heedae said, "Pro baseball's popularity along with pitching events becoming recognized as an actual event are causing girl groups to compete for participation in these events and the interest in being a pitcher is high." and "In the recent Jamshil opening game, 1st place SNSD's Taeyeon, Seohyun, and Yoona participated, receiving massive responses and left good impressions on DMB viewers."

Article written by: Lee Miyoung reporter

Picture credits to: Park Youngtae reporter

Translated by: Hyunjin808@soshified.com/forums

Guest corsican

I guess we'll just agree to disagree because these are the ages of the girls when they joined SM(some may be slightly off)

Sunny(9), Seohyun(9/10), Sooyoung(10), Jessica(11), Hyoyeon(11), Yuri(12), Yoona(12), Taeyeon(14), Tiffany(15)

Sunny joined SME a year before their debut, as she'd been at another company (which went bust) so she would've been 17 (western system)

Also I'm not sure on one or two of the others, as everybody seems to have copied each other's sources and used the same figures without actually checking them... both Seohyun's wikipedia page & Soshified profile thread say she was casted in 2003, but her training was 6 years 6 months... which obviously makes no sense.

Do you think the other companies are better?

Especially those who dosnt have such a lot money,

have to push their artist even harder I think.

It all depends on the ownership of the companies... I remember Sillis posting something about it a while back. SME are the biggest agency, which means that unlike others they've managed to stay independent of the big conglomerates (Chaebols) thus far. There's a price for that, however, as it means their sole income is from their talent. distributors take an obscene percentage of record sales in Korea so even SME hardly make anything from selling songs, and therefore they make most of their money from things like CFs, dramas etc.

Presumably foreign markets pay a fairer percentage of record sales, too, hence their eagerness to send artists abroad.

Guest 2uss

It all depends on the ownership of the companies... I remember Sillis posting something about it a while back. SME are the biggest agency, which means that unlike others they've managed to stay independent of the big conglomerates (Chaebols) thus far. There's a price for that, however, as it means their sole income is from their talent. distributors take an obscene percentage of record sales in Korea so even SME hardly make anything from selling songs, and therefore they make most of their money from things like CFs, dramas etc.

Presumably foreign markets pay a fairer percentage of record sales, too, hence their eagerness to send artists abroad.

also from what i understand, since SM is a public entity (investors buying stocks to hold shares in the company) a big chunk of their profits i believe is from that as well...

Guest DbskDream

Girls' Generation Yuri, Netizens saying "Bring Back the Time" on Her Innocent Looking CF

x.jpg

[TVDaily= Lee Kyungho Reporter] Girls' Generation's member Yuri is bringing an attention from netizens because of her past CF appearance.

Recently, Yuri's past appearance was revealed through an internet site's board. The CF that was revealed was filmed with Jang Donggun, and Yuri appears wearing a uniform and with an innocent and fresh looks.

This appearance of her was already known to some netizens. The reason why this is being a controversy is because Yuri has recently shown her easy-going and hyper appearances through KBS 2TV 'Invincible Youth'.

Netizens were looking for Yuri who lost her innocence(?) saying, "Return back the innocent and fresh Yuri" "Why did you send Yuri to a countryside" "She was alright back then, return back the time"

[TVDaily=Lee Kyungho Reporter sky@tvdaily.co.kr]

Translated by: soCOOL@soshified.com

Credits to: tvdaily.co.kr/sky@tvdaily.co.kr(Lee Kyungho Reporter)

By : http://shasha-dbskforever.blogspot.com/ [Dbsk Dream]

Guest kmelendez12

where I can find or post HD picture of the first Single (Into the New World)

I dont know if it allow if not sorry

I miss the Girls so I just want to remember old times

Thanks

Guest cloudsaerif

IY's preview for next week

2010060501200710011.jpg

cr: news.joins.com

Yurui912: SNSD Star Collection Card Season 2 will be released 6/14 [소시왕카드 시즌2 발매 및 예약 =ㅂ=;;] http://bit.ly/aPOLYO
the sound of money leaving us. lol.

Guest crazyfrog

Well she was talking about SM, but also about the 'training days'. SNSD, Super Junior, etc... all have more freedom than actual trainees do.

Although it's no joke when she talks about how strict SM is and how they screw over the young kids who sign contracts with them. That was the whole point of the lawsuit by some of DBSK, they were locked into SM's crazy long contracts and got little money from it

BTW, SM's contracts start from the 'debut' of the artist so those rumored SNSD contract lengths all started in 2007.

See, that's the thing, people keep saying the SM artists don't get a lot of money, but I see them in Louis Vuitton, Gucci, etc, and those things are EXPENSIVE. One little diary can cost up to $200. I guess you can argue that some of it are from fans, but seriously, they're always in brand names, which is an expensive lifestyle. (I'm talking about SM artists in general, btw), And I remember the DBSK boys had expensive cars too. And I also remember Yoochun bought a pretty big house for his family. Now I'm sure they don't earn as much as some American stars do, but to say they "got little money from it" is ridiculous.

And are you sure their contract starts when they "debut"? because that sounds kind of weird. What about all the trainees that never debut? So their contracts never start?

Guest prettyoungthing

SNSD’s Sunny makes you question the pure image of girl groups - June 5, 2010

Sunny is ruining the pure image of girl groups with her admiration of alcohol.

On the June 4th episode of “Invincible Youth 2“, the group took a break for lunch after rice planting. Sunny decided to bring makgeolli (alcoholic rice beverage) along with her. Comedian Kim Shin-young transformed into an prying idol reporter at this revelation.

She inquired, “How can you bring along makgeolli when we were going to have a quiet, well-mannered lunch? “Then Kim Shin-young almost knocked over the makgeolli! Sunny,ignoring the comedian’s previous question,proclaimed,

”My makgeolli is equivalent to my blood.” After this response,she began to focus all her attention on the alcohol.

This is certainly interesting behavior.

Invincible Youth airs every Friday on KBS 2TV at 11:05 PM

Archived