少女時代 Girls' Generation (소녀시대) Official Thread 2

Guest zahieyjunki

• Replies 39.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest starduster34

I don't think this has been uploaded but it's Rino's cheography of "Genie".. Wow!

And if anyone is interested, here is Lisette's cheography of RDR

Lisette's Cheography for SNSD's Run Devil Run

They do such amazing job cheographing these dances for our girls... Props to their hard work! Looking forward to seeing the full version of both dances.. Btw, does anyone who cheographed Gee?

<Music Bank TOP10>

1위 소녀시대 Oh! 23,077점 (2010/02/05)

2위 소녀시대 Oh! 22,689점 (2010/02/12)

4위 소녀시대 Run Devil Run 21,223점 (2010/04/02)

5위 소녀시대 Oh! 20,549점 (2010/02/26)

6위 소녀시대 Oh! 20,284점 (2010/02/19)

8위 소녀시대 Tell Me Your Wish (Genie) 17,995점 (2009/07/10)

10위 소녀시대 Oh! 15,931점 (2010/03/05)

Credit : bestiz

Soshi totally own the K-chart...

I think they'll win for the 1st half year song...

Soshi jjang!!!

The Power of 9 FTW!!!

Guest zahieyjunki

guess nothing so important and looks just like some poll that the sites conducted.

Lalala MV making - Tiffany did chitty chitty bang bang moves rofl~

these girls so dork~

^ is that the BTS of Cabi mv? why they didn't release it?

Guest nahj1026

really nice to see this!!!

because of this i just realized that snsd has proved to them selves that they are so such a winner.....

keke~

Guest iwanttodreamwithyouforever

I came across this very interesting article(thanks to avabianca @ twitter) about KPOP---the artists..the management...etc..

Isak who was also an SM trainee revealed some things that not all of us know about..

While Isak, who still has three years left on a ten-year contract, applauded SM founder Lee Soo Man’s ability to think outside of the box and accept a biracial Korean-American into his company, she also remembered the more suffocating aspects of being a K-pop entertainer in the earlier part of the decade. For example, when she lived with several other SM trainees in a dormitory-like setting, the girls’ managers devised a clever way to keep tabs on the talent:

“[T]hey were afraid that we would sneak out. They would put in a house phone for us, and we couldn’t call from our cell phones. We had to call from our house phone to our manager as soon as we walk[ed] in the door [to inform them] that we came in.”

Isak also recalled the strict no-dating policy at the time:

“No dating,” she said. “You get caught, you pay consequences.”

I asked her what the consequences were.

“I was threatened that if I didn’t break up with my boyfriend then I would be either cut from SM or not [be] able to debut.”

Ironically, Isak found that the no-dating rule could actually hamper an artist’s performance, especially since many K-pop songs were about the very topic that its singers were forbidden to engage in: love.

“They’re singing about love but they’ve never experienced love,” she complained. “I think that’s a very big error.”

For all the positive changes that have happened in the industry, however, Isak had a warning for those who were dreaming of becoming an idol star: long contracts and hidden fees had not disappeared.

“They [the management companies] promise before you debut, ‘we’re going to house you, we’re going to feed you, we’re going to give you all the lessons you need. Do your best’ and then we think that that’s all free,” remembered Isak. She soon learned, however, that all the expenses that went into her upkeep, including stylists, salon visits, manager fees, food, and clothing, were deducted from her pay.

Young Kim, host of the Arirang Radio program “K-pop Zone” and former rapper for such groups as S#arp and Uptown in the late 1990s, noted just how little money one could make, even as a member of relatively successful groups: “I made about three thousand dollars in the seven months that I was promoting the [s#arp] album.”

However, Mark Russell, a Korean pop culture expert, recently commented on his blog, the problem is actually not rooted in the management companies, but rather in the Korean music system itself. Having to train, house, and feed future stars whose success will ultimately have to recoup not only the investment in them, but the company’s investment in other trainees who have yet to make it or who simply fell through the cracks…the economic constraints of such a system are considerable, to say the least. Imagine, then, the costs that go into sustaining the thirteen members of Super Junior or the nine young ladies who make up Girls’ Generation.

There are big risks at stake for those investing in idol groups. These risks did not go unnoticed by Isak who understood her previous lack of freedom, stating that, “[We] are products. I know it sounds very bad, but we are products, and that’s why our companies…sometimes treat us like products.”

As I pondered the pressures of surviving in a shrinking Korean music market, I could only think, “It’s tough all around, kid.”

the whole article can be found here : http://www.mtviggy.com/korean/story-k-pop-...ubblegum-part-2

Guest CamilleFrancesca

Daily NEWS [06.03.10]

During the recording of SBS Family Outing 2 on the 31st of May, a celebration for Yoona's birthday was organized by the family outing.

During a phone conversation with Newsen, Family Outing 2 production team said: "Before the day of recording,it was Yoona's birthday which is on the 30th of May, so after the recording of FO2, family members planned a party for Yoona's birthday".

They added: "They used the cake and wiped it on each others' faces, the atmosphere was very good. And it ended up they had to wash up themselves again since they had already washed up before the party started."

And it was also revealed that during the 2nd time wash up, BEG's Gain only start to wash up after every family member was already done because she said she can't reveal her face without makeup."

In addition, the guests of this episode of FO2 are Kara"s Nicole, BEG's Gain, Shin Hyun Joon.

This episode whereby the family members helped Yoona to celebrate her birthday will be aired on the 13th and 20th of June.

cr: newsen

Here's a pic from FO2

knvbn.jpg

cr: dcmarried

Guest evilgary

taeyeon looks so cute and pretty in the ad for A-solution. did she replace one of the members for that ad as i remember it was tiffany?

lol the girls really owned the charts, congrats to them

Guest soulset

LG Twins Baseball Players like SNSD.

Catcher Kim TaeGoon likes Yuri and Outfielder Lee DaeHyung likes Yoona.

add a coupon for sweet and sour pork :)

Kim TaeGoon likes Yuri.

43620347.jpg

Lee DaeHyung likes Yoona.

71040680.jpg

cr; Daum, bestiz

Guest allstarry

^

^ old guys always like yuri and young guys always like yoona :lol:

wonder how many stamp yoona has on her book now?

Guest shorty_babygurl03

whats up with seohyun? any news about her...? please tell me....... i became her fan after watching her in we got married.. ^^ i just want to ask just in case someone here can knows.. is seobaby still doing we got married? or is she done with filming and everything? any news? please update me...

thanks!

Archived