少女時代 Girls' Generation (소녀시대) Official Thread 2

Guest zahieyjunki

• Replies 39.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest zahieyjunki

^ yoona along big stars at the frame! she missed the event yesterday. wonder why~

[bTS] Cabi MV from 100603 Midnight's TV Entertainment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K1XiYSj0W8

Both maknae so awkward. lol at WY dancing behind Fany.

SPAO pics - SeoKyu <3

proud maknae standing at the middle with suju guys!

Guest 2uss
Cartier exhibition

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/6194/74005320.jpg

cr dc & highcut

i find it really ironic...

the slogan said "How far would you go for LOVE"

i don't know about the others in that picture, but in regards to Yoona (to an extent the other 8), after reading Isak's tetimony about the girls not allow to date and "experience true love" made me sad

and their songs preaching and magnifying what love should be, but they themselves aren't allow to feel that

Guest girl-0h

so it is reall that the girls not dating ........why this so hard for agirls in this age ....!!!!poor girls

i really sad for them

and yes

i don't know about the others in that picture, but in regards to Yoona (to an extent the other 8), after reading Isak's tetimony about the girls not allow to date and "experience true love" made me sad

it is must be hard for her poor yoona you are so small even you are now 21 ????

poor girls groub why the boys groub not like them thay must be the same ????

Guest iwanttodreamwithyouforever
i find it really ironic...

the slogan said "How far would you go for LOVE"

and their songs preaching and magnifying what love should be, but they themselves aren't allow to feel that

just to clear things up,Isak wasnt exactly pertaining to the girls..she was talking about artists as a whole..she didnt say SNSD :)

sorry if the article kind of confused you.

Guest timpa

Well she was talking about SM, but also about the 'training days'. SNSD, Super Junior, etc... all have more freedom than actual trainees do.

Although it's no joke when she talks about how strict SM is and how they screw over the young kids who sign contracts with them. That was the whole point of the lawsuit by some of DBSK, they were locked into SM's crazy long contracts and got little money from it

DBSK signed a 13 year contract (BoA was and still is serving under a 15 year contract she signed)

DBSK much like that girl said had to cover all the costs regarding to their group, they had to pay for the manager (who got a 10% yearly raise...wish I had that), the road manager(same raise), stylists, etc... The Manager thing was a big issue because SM entertainment was the one who PICKED the managers and workers, and DBSK had no say in it, but had to pay them whatever SM told them they were to be paid.

DBSK had to sell something like 100,000 copies of a CD before they received any of the profit and even then they got 2% of the profit (split between 5 members)... The only way each singer got 1% for themselves was if a CD sold over 200,000 copies. If any of the members actually compose a song, they don't control it, SM does. SM is able to then sell their music to wherever they decide without the permission of DBSK.

BTW, SM's contracts start from the 'debut' of the artist so those rumored SNSD contract lengths all started in 2007.

I really think Korean law needs to get involved because it's sad to see so many popular artists have really good 3/4/5 year stretches and then their careers kind of fade and ultimately they wind up with little money to show for it. Almost all the contracts SM signs their talent to would not be allowed in the US. In the civil code of US law you can not enforce a contract beyond seven years in those situations and you can also sue to break an 'unfair contract' and get a court hearing on it.

Plus any contract signed as a minor (even with the parents approval ) can be terminated when that child comes of legal age. Of course if Korea had that provision most of these girl groups could break their contract a couple years after they debuted... lol

Guest piru1804

(Jünε 04, 2010) SNSD Sunny's "Ju Bu Ae" IY cut

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEodI8LyUSA...eos=2hzWXN2CGO4

I really lol at the end...Soshi jjang...

They even added sound for that punch and replay it two times...hhaha...sunny reaction for yuri's punch is hilarious...it looks like yuri really punch her...

100604 SNSD Yuri ' Aegyo '

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl48_haWPfU...eos=rinzlBImpBI

She punch Sunny and now she show her aegyo. What a nice move. hahha.

100604 SNSD Yuri fall on her butt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvh1h2hV5uI...amp;feature=sub

this is the third times if I did not remember it wrong

100604 SNSD Yuri ' Kungfu yul '

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w--EEYiT6ZM...amp;feature=sub

100604 SNSD Yuri dancing Oh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrJh71b6cFg...eos=fPvzWRya19U

hahha I love Know Yuri

(Jünε 04, 2010) SNSD Sunny, Yuri - Farewell IY cut

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYNsabUFGro...amp;feature=sub

So sad that SunYul have to leave IY, but i will keep watching IY because of the other member. G7 just like "unofficial" girl group.

Guest Enos

^ just love IY so much..There always have very funny cuts ...

Every episode without fail...

Then again..Sunny and Yuri is gonna leave IY...Sad but it's for the better ----Conquer asia.

Guest hotchocolatelove

^ lol just watched that cut! Sunny's CCP!

seriously, her aegyo creeps me out >.<

lol at the punch sound :P

Guest nuttyvelvet
Well she was talking about SM, but also about the 'training days'. SNSD, Super Junior, etc... all have more freedom than actual trainees do.

Although it's no joke when she talks about how strict SM is and how they screw over the young kids who sign contracts with them. That was the whole point of the lawsuit by some of DBSK, they were locked into SM's crazy long contracts and got little money from it

DBSK signed a 13 year contract (BoA was and still is serving under a 15 year contract she signed)

DBSK much like that girl said had to cover all the costs regarding to their group, they had to pay for the manager (who got a 10% yearly raise...wish I had that), the road manager(same raise), stylists, etc... The Manager thing was a big issue because SM entertainment was the one who PICKED the managers and workers, and DBSK had no say in it, but had to pay them whatever SM told them they were to be paid.

DBSK had to sell something like 100,000 copies of a CD before they received any of the profit and even then they got 2% of the profit (split between 5 members)... The only way each singer got 1% for themselves was if a CD sold over 200,000 copies. If any of the members actually compose a song, they don't control it, SM does. SM is able to then sell their music to wherever they decide without the permission of DBSK.

BTW, SM's contracts start from the 'debut' of the artist so those rumored SNSD contract lengths all started in 2007.

I really think Korean law needs to get involved because it's sad to see so many popular artists have really good 3/4/5 year stretches and then their careers kind of fade and ultimately they wind up with little money to show for it. Almost all the contracts SM signs their talent to would not be allowed in the US. In the civil code of US law you can not enforce a contract beyond seven years in those situations and you can also sue to break an 'unfair contract' and get a court hearing on it.

Plus any contract signed as a minor (even with the parents approval ) can be terminated when that child comes of legal age. Of course if Korea had that provision most of these girl groups could break their contract a couple years after they debuted... lol

imho, SM provided them food, lodging, necessity, and fame, in exchange for their youth and freedom.

yes, they did earn very little, but i think that's the price they have to pay.

if they sign the contract because of monetary benefits, then imo, they choose the wrong path.

I would rather say, they sign because of passion, not purely because of money. If you think this way, SM did nothing wrong, as they provided them with lots of opportunities, gave them the best (lodging, clothes, style), and groom them to become what they are...etc...

so as to say, they have already obtain their core aim. monetary wise, will be a bonus.

my humble 9cents

Guest greatgrey
(Jünε 04, 2010) SNSD Sunny's "Ju Bu Ae" IY cut

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEodI8LyUSA...eos=2hzWXN2CGO4

I really lol at the end...Soshi jjang...

They even added sound for that punch and replay it two times...hhaha...sunny reaction for yuri's punch is hilarious...it looks like yuri really punch her...

OMG... I died laughing. Hahahaha. I could just imagine Sica and Sooyoung's reactions too. Hahahaha. Make that the reaction of the other 7 sisters, hahaha.

Guest Dorkiilove
soshified

Photobook price has increased on @yesasia from 64.99 to 99.99 (yikes) better get your copy now!

o_o Oh dear. LOL. Why the sudden increase in price?

But for those of you who haven't ordered, CPH from Soshified is selling the photobook at 48.00

Guest timpa

I guess we'll just agree to disagree because these are the ages of the girls when they joined SM(some may be slightly off)

Sunny(9), Seohyun(9/10), Sooyoung(10), Jessica(11), Hyoyeon(11), Yuri(12), Yoona(12), Taeyeon(14), Tiffany(15)

Now there's a difference between joining SM and signing this long-term contract. Taeyeon trained at SM for a year before she signed her contract. So I can't say when all the girls did the same, but can kids that young really make an informed decision regarding their future? They just want to be singers/dancers. That's what they love doing, they're not thinking about what it will mean that for most of them they'll probably be locked into extremely low-paying contracts through their most popular years.

Guest evilgary

i think they probably sign on its because SM does have the ability to train people. If you really want to succeed, you have to get trained by a well financed company. You can see dbsk and snsd do get popular under their management

Guest mirabar

Do you think the other companies are better?

Especially those who dosnt have such a lot money,

have to push their artist even harder I think.

(this & last year were a lot of reports of artists who fainted due exhaustion)

Its only they didnt got into a scandal unlike sm ^^

(Wasnt their a list of all companies who make unfair contracts)

And they cant even promise them anything, unlike sm or other big companies

Of course they could fail but the chance to receive succes after their hard wotk is much more bigger.

DBSK, SuJu & SNSD proved it and still do

Archived