Namgoong Min/ Namkoong Min 남궁민 | [Drama 2023] My Dearest/Lovers, 연인

irilight

'The Beauty of the Beast' Namgoong Min Min says, "The late bloomer character resembles me"

photo718618.jpg

Namgoong Min's rom-com is being revealed.

Namgoong Min will play the handsome guy in the block, Ahn Dan-tae, a man of justice contrary to his appearance in SBS' new weekend drama, "The Beauty of the Beast".

During the last script reading sessions and poster shooting on April 13th and 15th, Namgoong Min perfectly transformed into the pure-hearted man with such sweet gaze in his eyes when interacting with Minah, who plays Gong-sim, the female lead.

What could be the reasons why Namgoong Min chose a romantic comedy drama for his next appearance, while he has always been presenting intense characters?

Namgoong Min said, "I've made the decision based on the trust for director Baek Soo-chan with whom I've been in friendship since 2002 as well as the writer Lee Hee-myeong with whom I've worked well together for 'The Girl Who Sees Smells' and "I thought "The Beauty of the Beast" would be the best fit for my idea that I would want to pull off any character as an actor in a drama with a good content collaborated by a good director".

As Namgoong Min said, "I've never given up on my own trust for myself and kept trying hard", he finally could have his name recognized by the public clearly and he even has challenged with his new endeavors to write a screenplay for a movie and directing.

Because of his personal experience, Namgoong Min can immerse himself into his character Ahn Dan-tae perfectly, who is just and witty under any tough circumstances.

Namgoong Min says, "I believe an actor gets to experience a life playing his or her role in dramas and movies. Going through a good guy character to a bad guy character and all sorts of other characters, I've become myself who I am now" and "By the time this drama has finished, I think I would have become a manly and large-minded person. I ask all of you please to send us much love and support for this drama full of the positive and pleasant energy by Dan-tae".

source

• Like 2

Baeksang Arts Awards unveils list of nominees

The 52nd Baeksang Arts Awards has unveiled a list of their nominees. The 52nd Baeksang Arts Awards will be held at 8:30 PM on May 3rd at the Kyung Hee Grand Peace Palace in Seoul.

The nominees for TV dramas include SBS' 'Six Flying Dragons', MBC's "She Was Pretty", KBS 2TV's 'Descendants of the Sun' and tvN's 'Answer Me 1988' and "Signal".

The competition for acting performance awards will be also intense. For Best Actors Awards, 'Six Flying Dragons' Yoo Ah-in, 'Descendants of the Sun' Song Joong-ki, "Remember" Namgoong Min', "Yong Pal" Joo Won and "Signal" Jo Jin-woong have been nominated.

The nominees list for Best Actress awards also looks prominent. 'Descendants of the Sun' Song Hye-kyo,"She Was Pretty" Hwang Jeong-eum, "Signal" Kim Hye-soo, 'Answer Me 1988' Ra Mi-ran, "I Have a Lover" Kim Hyeon-joo have been nominated.

The list of nominees in film section is also drawing attention. For Best Actors, 'Inside Man' Lee Byung-hun, 'Inside Man' Baek Yoon-sik, "The Throne" Yoo Ah-in, "The Throne" Song Gang-ho, "Veteran" Hwang Jeong-min have been included in the list of nominees.

For Best Actress in film section, "Coin Locker Girl" Kim Hye-soo, 'Alice In Earnestland' Lee Jeong-hyeon, "The Shameless" Jeon Do-yeon, "The Assassination" Jeon Ji-hyeon, and "Beauty Inside"Han Hyo-joo compete with each other.

A special corner has been prepared as well. Best Film General View (and conversation with the audience) event has been introduced to the award for the first time this year. "4th Place", 'Inside Man', "DongJu, The Portrait of A Poet", "Veteran" and 'The Assaissnation' will participated in this special event.

General View films will be shown in MegaBox Samsung-dong starting May 9 to May 20th. And then the conversation with the audience, producers and directors will take place later.

source

• Like 1

'The Beauty of the Beast' unveils Namgoong Min's behind-the-scenes still image featuring his pure-hearted smile

photo721591.png

"The Beauty of the Beast" Namgoong Min's behind-the-scenes image has been revealed.

On May 6th, SBS official Instagram posted the photo with the caption saying, "What's with this heartwarming feeling? New weekend drama, "The Beauty of the Beast" to premiere at 9:55 PM on May 14th Saturday".

In the revealed photo, Namgoong Min is eating ice cream smiling innocently while he is paying with a puppy.

SBS new weekend drama innocently will premiere at 9:55 PM on May 14th.

source

• Like 2

On 5/3/2016 at 8:28 PM, irilight said:

The competition for acting performance awards will be also intense. For Best Actors Awards, 'Six Flying Dragons' Yoo Ah-in, 'Descendants of the Sun' Song Joong-ki, "Remember" Namgoong Min', "Yong Pal" Joo Won and "Signal" Jo Jin-woong have been nominated.

Wow I'm impressed he got nominated for best actor rather than supporting actor. I'm happy he is getting this recognition. He made that role completely different than the one he had in TGWCSS.  I have my fingers crossed for him. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, evie7 said:

Wow I'm impressed he got nominated for best actor rather than supporting actor. I'm happy he is getting this recognition. He made that role completely different than the one he had in TGWCSS.  I have my fingers crossed for him. 

@evie7, me too.. It was such a pleasant surprise to see him being nominated as an actor. He really deserved the recognition. He is proving himself to be quite versatile as an actor.

And I agree with you too. I thought his villain role in Remember would be the same as in TGWSS, but he did make it different. Very different, in fact.

It did take a tole on him, he said. So I am glad he has a rom-com next.

• Like 1

Namgoong Min prepares to finally play the nice guy in The Emptiness of the Beast

81cda4f8-bcdf-4a7b-abc9-2f827198aede.png

In his last few dramas, such as Sensory Couple and RememberNamgoong Min made the perfect hot villain you love to hate and hate to love, but this time, he's making his nice guy male lead debut in The Emptiness of the Beast (a.k.a Beauty of the Beast or Beautiful Gong Shim). The hard-working actor has recently taken to his personal Instagram to share behind-the-scenes moments from the set.

Read full article on DramaFever Blog. Please make sure to also click on "Awesome" button, and comment in support of the drama.

https://www.dramafever.com/news/namgoong-min-prepares-to-finally-play-the-nice-guy-in-the-emptiness-of-the-beast-/

• Like 1