Namgoong Min/ Namkoong Min 남궁민 | [Drama 2023] My Dearest/Lovers, 연인

irilight

Namgoong Min to MC for KBS "Singing Battle - Victory"

photo767413.jpg

Actor Namgoong Min is going to become the host of the new KBS 2TV show "Singing Battle - Victory".

"Singing Battle - Victory" was a pilot program for Chuseok in which talented celebrities create a team with music producers and go on a 1:1 survival singing battle. Namgoong Min is hosting a show for the first time in 11 years.

"Singing Battle - Victory" rated 10.6% during the Chuseok holidays.

"Singing Battle - Victory" will broadcast in the middle of October. "Trick and True", another pilot program from Chuseok, will be officially released on TV soon and it will be hosted by Jeon Hyeon-moo and Kim Joon-hyeon.

source

• Like 1

Congratulations to Namgoong Min for winning the Apan Star Awards 2016

Excellence in Acting Awards

photo768610.jpg

Best Actor in a Miniseries

Namgoong Min for "Remember: War of the Son

Here he is on the Red Carpet

2016100219294842100_99_20161002193408.jpg?type=w540

CtwheM_VIAARKXu.jpg

46882_71345_4347.jpg

Spoiler

201610021854776620_57f0d992e5607_99_20161002185603.jpg?type=w540

CtwQivdVYAAioJY.jpg

• Like 1

Nam Goong Min to star in new historical drama?

nam-goong-min

Actor Nam Goong Min might be returning to the world of historical dramas for the second time in his career!

The other day, his agency 935 Entertainment stated, "It is true that he received an offer to act in 'Rebel Hong Gil Dong,' but he's only reviewing it positively at the moment. He has not made the decision to appear yet."

Hong Gil Dong is a popular character for historical dramas, so looks like the famous thief may be reborn, and possibly through Nam Goong Min's portrayal this time. It'll be produced by Kim JIn Man of 'Kill Me, Heal Me,' 'Scandal,' and 'Golden Time.' It'll be written by Hwang Jin Young, and will air early next year.

source

• Like 1

On 10/12/2016 at 2:01 PM, irilight said:

Congratulations to Namgoong Min for winning the Apan Star Awards 2016

Wow I had no idea he won another award! I'm happy for him, he deserves it. I had read about the new drama offer but then I read something that stated he wasn't offered the lead role in it:crazy: because Ji Sung was offered it. I hope that it was just a rumor because at this point I will be disappointed if he does not play the lead. He should not have to settle w/2nd lead roles. I know Ji Sung is going to be in another drama, so I hope Namgoong Min is up for the lead.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2016 at 5:58 AM, evie7 said:

Wow I had no idea he won another award! I'm happy for him, he deserves it. I had read about the new drama offer but then I read something that stated he wasn't offered the lead role in it:crazy: because Ji Sung was offered it. I hope that it was just a rumor because at this point I will be disappointed if he does not play the lead. He should not have to settle w/2nd lead roles. I know Ji Sung is going to be in another drama, so I hope Namgoong Min is up for the lead.

@evie7,  I am so happy for him to have won.  Quite an honor, especially when we see who he was up against.  Below is the list of the nominees in that category:

Best actor in a miniseries

• Kim Woo Bin for KBS show Uncontrollably Fond
  • Namgoong Min for SBS drama Remember
  • Park Hae Jin for tvN series Cheese in the Trap
  • Eric for tvN drama Another Oh Hae Young

Have you seen the original of that drama, 'Rebel Hong Gil Dong,' ?
I also usually do not like remakes.. I am sure he has other proposals on his desk. Let see what he chooses.

Good news ! The Singing Battle is going to be on KBS World.   banana dancing with mario emoticon

Singing Battle | 노래싸움 승부 [Preview]

- Premieres on 2016 Oct 26 
- Every Tue&Wed 21:50 (UTC+9, Seoul)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, irilight said:

Have you seen the original of that drama, 'Rebel Hong Gil Dong,' ?
I also usually do not like remakes.. I am sure he has other proposals on his desk. Let see what he chooses.

I've never watched it. I'm not one to watch remakes either, so lets see what he chooses. Thanks for the info about The Singing Battle:wub:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/24/2016 at 4:29 PM, evie7 said:

I've never watched it. I'm not one to watch remakes either, so lets see what he chooses. Thanks for the info about The Singing Battle:wub:

Well, he declines that one, (the lead role went to Yoon Gyun-Sang, and I am excited about it, because I like him, and will cheer him on for his first leading role)  but there is a new offer on Namgoong Min's desk....

Namgoong Min courted to become quirky boss Chief Kim

NamgoongMin2.jpg

Read more on Dramabeans

• Like 1

@irilight Omo I just read this at DramaBeans too. I'm very happy he turned down the Saguek . I would rather see him doing  a quirky/eccentric/comedic role at this point. I'm sure he will bring a different character to this drama like he did w/his villain roles. I just have my fingers crossed he accepts this one. If he does accept, I pray that KBS will ignore the casting trend and actually sign up a full time actress for his female lead. I hope I'm not getting to a head of myself, but would it be asking too much to ask if KBS could also cast an age appropriate actress? 

I like YGS too. I'm happy he got his first lead role.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, evie7 said:

@irilight Omo I just read this at DramaBeans too. I'm very happy he turned down the Saguek . I would rather see him doing  a quirky/eccentric/comedic role at this point. I'm sure he will bring a different character to this drama like he did w/his villain roles. I just have my fingers crossed he accepts this one. If he does accept, I pray that KBS will ignore the casting trend and actually sign up a full time actress for his female lead. I hope I'm not getting to a head of myself, but would it be asking too much to ask if KBS could also cast an age appropriate actress? 

I like YGS too. I'm happy he got his first lead role.

@evie7, I like the character description in the Dramabeans article, and I like the scriptwriter Park Jae-Bum. I have only seen Good Doctor from him,  but I heard good things about the other projects as well. I should get my act together and watch God's Quiz.

In the meantime, congratulations to Namgoong Min for winning Best Celebrity Award (Drama)  (together with Kim Ji-Won and Jin Goo) in the Asia Artists Awards 2016.

남궁민 / 톱스타뉴스 포토뱅크

CxYaxJPVQAA0L46.jpg

CxYamQTVQAEL9U4.jpg

Spoiler

20161118164826274411.jpg

CxYamQVVIAAbDlx.jpg

CxYZ5koUUAIB7-S.jpg

Actor Namgoong Min Reveals he has not made a Decision Yet for the Role of "Mister Kim"

photo785060.jpg

Despite news stating that Namgoong Min has been confirmed for the new KBS drama, "Mister Kim", he released an official statement revealing that he is still looking over the part.

935 Entertainment told Xportnews on Thursday that "Mister Kim" is one of the many roles he is currently looking over. He is has not made a final decision as of yet.

"Mister Kim" is set to be the next drama to air after the completion of "Oh My Geum-bi".

source: Hancinema

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, irilight said:

In the meantime, congratulations to Namgoong Min for winning Best Celebrity Award (Drama)  (together with Kim Ji-Won and Jin Goo) in the Asia Artists Awards 2016.

I'm so happy he keeps getting recognized.  I liked Good Doctor too, watched Blood but had to stop at episode 13. The story was good but the drama just started to lose something. I wasn't that invested in the characters to continue watching.  I have always meant to watch God's Quiz too. If he signs on to Mister Kim, I may make it a point to watch it. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, evie7 said:

I have always meant to watch God's Quiz too. If he signs on to Mister Kim, I may make it a point to watch it. 

Likewise... It's actually been on my list forever. I heard lots of good things about it.

More photos from Asia Artists Awards 2016.

15073424_1162882953799862_8400657511394375665_n.jpg?oh=1c583a73864ac94b35579da148ad768e&oe=58C58ECC

15109628_1162883107133180_8026344762163335461_n.jpg?oh=2857ac0f55019c5dd121069bbbd8753d&oe=58CFB5AE

15078663_1163219070432917_1944875354168123628_n.jpg?oh=d81a5c7bcc6ff1e2886477f8f700b110&oe=58C7D033

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Namgung Min and Nam Sang-Mi cast in KBS2 drama series “Chief Kim”

Chief-Kim-tp00.jpg

Namgung Min and Nam Sang-Mi are now cast for the lead roles in new KBS2 drama series “Chief Kim.” Also cast in supporting roles are Lee Joon-Ho(‘2PM’) and Kim Won-Hae. The first script reading for the drama series has already taken place and filming is underway in Gunsan, South Korea.

For drama series “Chief Kim,” Namgung Min will play Kim Gwan-Chul. He is the chief of an accounting department. He is a man of principle and pride. He is also full of mischief.

Nam Sang-Mi will play Yoon Ha-Kyung. She is the assistant manager in the same accounting department. She appears cold and selfish, but she is actually a kind person. She is also good with her work.

Lee Joon-Ho will play Seo Yool. He is the director of the company. He is also smart and charismatic.

“Chief Kim” first airs January, 2017 in South Korea (takes over KBS2’s Wednesday and Thursday 10PM time slot currently occupied by “Oh My Geum-Bi“).

Source

• Like 1

Cast Confirmed for Upcoming KBS Drama, "Mister Kim"

photo794608.jpg

The cast for the upcoming KBS drama, "Mister Kim" has been confirmed.

The most talked about candidates for the drama have come true.

Namgoong Min will be playing the lead role of Mister Kim. Others that will be acting with him include Junho, Nam Sang-mi, Kim Won-hae.

The team have already begun script reading and have started filming.

The crew also revealed that they have changed the storyline a bit from serious and dark to a bit more comedy to brighten the mood.

This drama will begin in January 2017.

source: Hancinema

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The scriptwriter is Park Jae-beom-I (God's Quiz, Good Doctor).
The PDnim is Lee Jae-hoon-II (Jeong Do-Jeon, Drama Special Page Turner)
The scriptwriter and Pdnim have worked together on Drama Special "Revengeful Spirit" 2014. (I am going to look for it.)
Synopsis
A man who used to be an accountant becomes Mister Kim of an ordinary company, stands on the side of the weak and abides by the policies and common sense for people.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...