Namgoong Min/ Namkoong Min 남궁민 | [Drama 2023] My Dearest/Lovers, 연인

irilight

8ff245d18be445c88168f91ac1c79f66.jpeg?s=

Seolhyun In Talks To Star In New Drama With Namgoong Min

Seolhyun may be uniting with Namgoong Min for a new drama!

It was revealed in December that Namgoong Min and Han Ye Seul were in talks to star in the tvN drama “Night and Day” (literal translation) as Do Jung Woo and Jamie Layton, respectively.

On February 13, it was reported that AOA’s Seolhyun has also received an offer to star in the drama as Gong Hye Won. The report also stated that Namgoong Min has been confirmed for the drama. Han Ye Seul has reportedly turned down the offer for the role of Jamie Layton, and the drama is working on casting a different actress.

In response to the report, Namgoong Min’s agency confirmed, “He has chosen ‘Night and Day’ as his next project following SBS’s ‘Stove League.'”

Seolhyun’s agency FNC Entertainment additionally commented, “Seolhyun received the offer to star in tvN’s ‘Night and Day’ and is reviewing [the offer].”

“Night and Day” is described as a suspenseful romantic mystery drama about good and evil. The story will follow the connections between a mystery unfolding in the present and the secrets behind an enigmatic incident that took place in a village 26 years ago.

The role Seolhyun has been offered is Gong Hye Won, a police inspector of the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency. She is a character who has to say what is on her mind, and she will do anything possible for investigations.

source

• Thanks 1

Lists Of Most Buzzworthy Dramas And Actors

Feb 12, 2020

Good Data Corporation has shared its weekly rankings of the most popular dramas and cast members who have generated the most buzz over the past week!

The company analyzed news articles, blog posts and online communities, videos, and social media from February 3 to 9 for 24 dramas that are currently airing or are set to air, and they revealed the results on February 10.

In first place for the fourth week in a row as the most buzzworthy drama was tvN’s “Crash Landing on You,” while the show’s leads Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin take No. 1 and No. 2 respectively on the list of most buzzworthy actors for the ninth week.

SBS’s “Stove League” comes in second on the list of most buzzworthy dramas, followed by JTBC’s “Itaewon Class” and SBS’s “Dr. Romantic 2.”

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz this past week are as follows:

1. tvN’s “Crash Landing on You” — 30.74 percent
2. SBS’s “Stove League” — 16.88 percent
3. JTBC’s “Itaewon Class” — 14.7 percent
4. SBS’s “Dr. Romantic 2” — 11.04 percent
5. tvN’s “Black Dog” — 4.09 percent
6. TV CHOSUN’s “Queen: Love and War” — 2.65 percent
7. JTBC’s “War of Prosecutors” — 2.07 percent
8. KBS2’s “Forest” — 2.03 percent
9. OCN’s “Tell Me What You Saw” — 1.78 percent
10. KBS2’s “Beautiful Love, Wonderful Life” — 1.67 percent

The top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this past week are as follows:

1. Son Ye Jin (“Crash Landing on You”)
2. Hyun Bin (“Crash Landing on You”)
3. Park Seo Joon (“Itaewon Class”)
4. Namgoong Min (“Stove League”)
5. Kim Da Mi (“Itaewon Class”)
6. Ahn Hyo Seop (“Dr. Romantic 2”)
7. Seo Hyun Jin (“Black Dog”)
8. Han Suk Kyu (“Dr. Romantic 2”)
9. Park Hae Jin (“Forest”)
10. Ha Do Kwon (“Stove League”)

source

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

Namgoong Min Channels Baek Seung-soo on the Covers of Baseball Magazine

photo1158601.jpg

Actor Namgoong Min is the first non-baseball related person to be on the covers of Dugout.

The actor is on the covers of the March issue of Dugout, a baseball culture magazine, as a result of the Baek Seung-soo craze.

Namgoong Min is styled in a Baek Seung-soo trademark suit with a charismatic and relaxed pose. The backdrop of the picture appears to be the Dreams office.

Namgoong Min led the SBS drama "Stove League" as captain Baek Seung-soo of a lousy baseball team. He played yet another 'life role', as he won over not just existing fans, but baseball fans as well.

Baek Seung-soo doesn't give in to injustice and lands satisfactory blows with a poker face. Every single one of his lines are gratifying and emotion changing, as he displays the changes Baek Seung-soo goes through with his eyes.

"Stove League" also earned a new fan base, which doesn't just consist of female fans, but male and baseball fans too. In the baseball community, a bulletin had been activated even before the drama and was broadcasted like a live-time game.

Namgoong Min did it again with "Stove League" and proved himself a worthy actor.

The March issue of Dugout featuring Namgoong Min's interview will be out in online and offline bookstores.

source

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/13/2020 at 2:53 AM, irilight said:

“Night and Day” is described as a suspenseful romantic mystery drama about good and evil. The story will follow the connections between a mystery unfolding in the present and the secrets behind an enigmatic incident that took place in a village 26 years ago.

They had me at Namgoong Min but I like that romantic mystery aspect of this one. monkeyloveplz.gif I did finish Unemployed Romance, not a big fan of the FL but Namgoong Min and Kimura Takuya are the only 2 actors that I will watch  /suffer through their bad dramas.  

Edited by evie7
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, evie7 said:

I did finish Unemployed Romance, not a big fan of the FL but Namgoong Min and Kimura Takuya are the only 2 actors that I will watch  /suffer through their bad dramas.  

ha.. I did not finish Unemployment Romance. But I loved Stove League.

oh,, @evie7, you too - a fan of Kimura Takuya too?  I am in good company :wub:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

On 5/4/2020 at 12:14 AM, irilight said:

ha.. I did not finish Unemployment Romance. But I loved Stove League.

I have not finished Stove League yet. It's not that I don't love it. Baseball is my favorite sport but the day I was going to catch up on it was the day Kobe Bryant died. It still just hurts. I'm also a little disappointed BG2 got sidelined because of the Covid19. I can't wait for Min's new drama. It's seems like  South Korea really  have their act together re the virus.  I hope Han YeSeul does accept the role. I like her and she would be a good match  acting wise and if we get a little bit of romance in the drama.  

• Like 2

On 5/7/2020 at 5:24 AM, evie7 said:

I have not finished Stove League yet

@evie7, I think the strength of "Stove League" is due to the fact that it was not only about baseball, but it brought it with human issues that the viewers could relate to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

381170e673ea4d308aad86a4da2729fb.jpeg?s=

Namgoong Min To Join Mnet’s “I-LAND” By Big Hit Entertainment And CJ ENM’s BELIFT As Storyteller

Namgoong Min is set to become the storyteller of “I-LAND”!

On May 11, reports emerged that Namgoong Min would be participating in the first project of CJ ENM and Big Hit Entertainment’s joint venture BELIF+, officially titled BELIFT LAB Incorporations. A source from “I-LAND” confirmed the news and stated, “Namgoong Min will appear in the show as the storyteller to explain the universe of ‘I-LAND.'”

“I-LAND” will be a observation reality show by Mnet that follows the process of next generation K-pop artists being born. The upcoming program is set to incorporate universe building into the show and create a unique experience for viewers, and released their first teaser recently.

The show has also shared a new poster.

I-LAND1.jpeg

“I-LAND” is set to begin airing in June. Stay tuned for more updates!

source

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Guest changed the title to Namgoong Min - Namkoong Min 남궁민 - Upcoming tvN Drama: "Awaken" - Premieres on November 30th

3dbb91298dbc454baf315c19e272c71b.jpeg?s=

Watch: Namgoong Min, AOA’s Seolhyun, Lee Chung Ah, And More Hold Script Reading For New tvN Drama

tvN recently shared photos of the first script reading for its upcoming drama “Awaken” (literal title: “Night and Day”).

“Awaken” is a thriller about an incident that took place in a village 28 years ago that has a connection to mysterious events happening in the present day. It is being directed by Kim Jung Hyun (“Jugglers,” “My Fellow Citizens!“) and written by Shin Yoo Dam (“High-End Crush,” “Gogh, the Starry Night“).

namgoong-min-seolhyun-lee-chung-ah-yoon-

At the script reading were Namgoong Min, AOA’s Seolhyun, Lee Chung Ah, Yoon Sun Woo, Kim Chang Wan, Kim Won Hae, Yoon Kyung Ho, Lee Shin Young, Choi Jin Ho, Baek Ji Won, Choi Dae Chul, and Woo Hyun.

Namgoong Min plays Do Jung Woo, the team leader of a special task force at the National Police Agency. The actor said, “He’s an oddball on the surface, but he’s serious when it comes to solving cases, and he harbors a secret inside. I tried to play him with an ambiguous atmosphere.”

Seolhyun plays Gong Hye Won, a passionate police officer. She said, “Gong Hye Won is bright, cheerful, and isn’t afraid to test her strength. I went to action school in order to prepare for her stunt scenes. She’s such a bright, unpredictable character that I also worked to raise the tone of my voice.”

Lee Chung Ah plays Jamie, an FBI detective who returns to the land of her birth after being adopted as a child. She said, “I’m currently struggling to learn a foreign language. My character has to be more comfortable with speaking English.”

Yoon Sun Woo plays Moon Jae Woong, an engineer with a mysterious background. Kim Chang Wan plays Gong Il Do, Kim Won Hae plays Hwang Byung Chul, Yoon Kyung Ho plays Lee Ji Wook, Lee Shin Young plays Jang Ji Wan, Choi Jin Ho plays Son Min Ho, Baek Ji Won plays Lee Taek Jo, Choi Dae Chul plays Yoon Suk Pil, and Woo Hyun plays Jung Soon Goo.

tvN also shared some snippets from filming, along with video from the script reading. Check it out below.

“Awaken” premieres on November 30.

source

• 3 weeks later...

https://zapzee.net/2020/10/27/k-stars-best-character-namgung-mins-acting-career-is-divided-into-two-before-and-after-good-manager/
[K-Star’s Best Character] Namgung Min’s Acting Career Is Divided into Two: Before and After ‘Good Manager’

by Krishkim | Edited by Hwang Hong Sun | Translated by Kim Hoyeun | Images: KBS

AB11A468-FC5F-40DD-8188-2B7635B1C2D6.jpg

Namgung Min, who debuted in 2001 with the movie Bungee jumping of their own, caught the attention with his appearance resembling Bae Yong Joon at the beginning of his career. He played the role of a film director who betrayed Jo In Sung in the 2006 film A Dirty Carnival, drawing attention for his solid acting skills, not his appearance.

Namgung Min, who had no major hit despite his steady activities, left a strong impression by flawlessly taking on the attractive villain role in SBS’s Remember: War of Son. Since then, he has made his mark through Beautiful Gong Shim and Doctors, gradually growing into leading actors.

6704BB4C-1446-47C5-A3C3-B255324D22C9.png

The 2017 drama Good Manager became the turning point in Namgung Min’s career. The story takes place when Kim Sung Ryong, who used to manage money for gangs, gets a chance to work as the chief of an accounting department for a major company. And Namgung Min played Kim Sung Ryong, showing off his outstanding acting skills. Kim Sung Ryong is a person who earns his colleagues’ trust as he fights against corruption and irrationality in the company.

At first, the actor pondered over how he should approach a character that is so different from himself, but he carefully paid attention to every single facial expression, analyzing and reanalyzing his role. As a result, Kim Sung Ryong became a character that represented office workers’ hearts and released the stress of those who were tired of their work life.

F3A559F1-D639-4CE7-94F2-0AAD31CEAB8F.jpg

At the beginning of the show, Good Manager received less interest compared to the SBS drama Saimdang, Memoir of Colors that put Lee Young Ae and Song Seung Heon at the forefront. Despite the difficult circumstances, Namgung Min led the drama with his all-time performance and gradually captivated viewers. As a result, it finished as a hit-drama, garnering much higher ratings than Saimdang, Memoir of Colors. Namgung Min was also recognized for his prowess by winning the Top Excellence Award (Actor) at the 31st KBS Drama Awards.

Namgung Min, who enjoyed his heyday with Good Manager 16 years after his debut, starred in Hot Stove League in late 2019 and continued his hot popularity. He received as much spotlight as Kim Sung Ryong for his role as Baek Seung Soo, who is appointed as a general manager of a cellar-dwelling baseball team, and is favored to win the Grand Prize at this year’s SBS Drama Awards. Netflix recently released Hot Stove League in Europe and Asia.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 10/27/2020 at 11:25 PM, Helena said:

Namgung Min’s Acting Career Is Divided into Two: Before and After ‘Good Manager’

Great article. Thank you @Helena.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7013c7815e2d43599f87c85f11ef3e66.jpeg?s=

Namgoong Min Transforms Into Charismatic Detective In New Drama “Awaken”

The upcoming tvN drama “Awaken” has released new stills of Namgoong Min!

“Awaken” is a new murder mystery drama that follows the connections between mysterious events unfolding in the present and the secrets behind an enigmatic incident that took place in a village 28 years ago.

Namgoong Min will be starring in the drama as Do Jung Woo, the eccentric but brilliant team leader of a special task force at the National Police Agency. The actor previously described his character as “an oddball on the surface who is serious when it comes to solving cases but harbors a mysterious secret.”

In the new stills, Namgoong Min gets into character as the peculiar and charismatic Do Jung Woo. The actor made a 180-degree transformation with his new role, and his bizarre hairstyle is especially eye-catching. His rugged image is further enhanced by his shaggy beard, leather jacket, and sly eyes. He calmly sucks on a lollipop as he faces trouble, but when it’s time for him to make the calls, his gaze turns serious and sharp.

namgoong-min-2.jpg

namgoong-min-12.jpg

The production team of “Awaken” praised the actor, saying, “The more we film with Namgoong Min, the more we realize why he’s such a known actor. He is completely absorbed into his character as Do Jung Woo. He never fails to surprise the crew with his perfect portrayal of Do Jung Woo’s sly appearance but mysterious personality. The viewers will also be in awe of his new transformation in this drama. Please look forward to Namgoong Min’s passionate performance.”

“Awaken” will premiere on November 30 at 9 p.m. KST. Check out the latest teasers here!

source

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.soompi.com/article/1437672wpp/namgoong-min-in-talks-to-star-in-mbcs-new-blockbuster-drama

Namgoong Min In Talks To Star In MBC’s New Blockbuster Drama

by M. Kang | Nov 13, 2020

F8D9EC72-362B-4FD8-834A-FB00DEB7B5B8.jpg

Namgoong Min is considering an exciting new project!

On November 13, Xportsnews reported that the actor is currently in talks to take on the main role in MBC’s “Black Sun” (literal translation). The outlet describes the drama as a Korean-style spy investigation show with a story about a top National Intelligence Service (NIS) agent. In his endeavor to uncover the internal traitor that brought him to his downfall, he confronts a much bigger enemy behind the organization.

“Black Sun” is reported to be a 12-part series that has a budget of more than 15 billion won (approximately $13.4 million). It is said that it will be MBC’s biggest project for 2021. The outlet reports that if Namgoong Min decides to star in “Black Sun,” he will play the role of Han Ji Hyuk, the best killer in NIS’s Foreign Intelligence Department.

Later that day, Namgoong Min’s agency 935 Entertainment confirmed that “Black Sun” is one of the dramas that he is considering, saying that a decision has not been made yet.

So far, Namgoong Min has pulled off leading roles in a multitude of dramas including “Good Manager,” “The Undateables,” “Distorted,” and “Stove League.”

He is also on his way to captivate audiences with his performance in tvN’s drama “Awaken,” which will premiere on November 30. The murder mystery drama will co-star Seolhyun and Lee Chung Ah as they dig into mysterious details of a murder that took place in a village 28 years ago.

Source (1) (2)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Helena said:

On November 13, Xportsnews reported that the actor is currently in talks to take on the main role in MBC’s “Black Sun” (literal translation). The outlet describes the drama as a Korean-style spy investigation show with a story about a top National Intelligence Service (NIS) agent. In his endeavor to uncover the internal traitor that brought him to his downfall, he confronts a much bigger enemy behind the organization.

@Helena, great news!  Thank you:) Looking forward to more information about it, i.e. scriptwriter and Director.

• Like 1

cba4aaa25a1449cfad2c4f3b0e423443.jpeg?s=

Watch: Namgoong Min And AOA’s Seolhyun Get Tangled Up In Mysterious Serial Killer Case In “Awaken” Teaser

tvN’s upcoming drama “Awaken” has released an intriguing new teaser!

“Awaken” is a murder mystery drama that will follow the connections between mysterious events unfolding in the present and the secrets behind an enigmatic incident that took place in a village 28 years ago. 

Namgoong Min will star in the drama as Do Jung Woo, the eccentric but brilliant team leader of a special task force at the National Police Agency, while AOA’s Seolhyun will play passionate police officer Gong Hye Won. Lee Chung Ah will also star in the drama as FBI agent Jamie, who was adopted as a young child and returns to Korea to solve the serial killer case connected to her lost memories of her childhood from 28 years ago.

The action-packed new teaser begins with the unsettling image of a young boy walking into a building set ablaze with flames, surrounded by unconscious people who have collapsed on the stairs. A man asks in voice-over, “Do gods exist? At one point in time, people called such beings gods.” Meanwhile, the young boy says, “I find myself growing curious. Whether, right now, it’s night or day.”

The video then cuts to Do Jung Woo wearing a thoughtful expression as flashes of a shocking serial killer case begin to unfold around him. A TV anchor announces, “The murderer who has been sending me advance notices of his killings has already murdered two people.” As Do Jung Woo attempts to solve the case, he is joined by Gong Hye Won, who points out, “All of the people who died are criminals.”

As the hunt for the killer continues, Do Jung Woo dryly remarks with a smirk, “It seems like I must be the criminal,” while Jamie tells an unseen individual, “The criminal in this case is you.” Do Jung Woo then ends the teaser by echoing the mysterious words of the young boy from the beginning, saying, “I’m simply curious whether, right now, it’s night or day.”

“Awaken” premieres on November 30 at 9 p.m. KST and will be available with English subtitles on Viki. Check out the new teaser below!

source

Watch: Namgoong Min, Lee Chung Ah, And Seolhyun Get Energized By A Cute Puppy During Filming For “Awaken”
a355c2b7dcde41e6aeab993949b0a20c.jpeg?s=

tvN’s “Awaken” took drama followers behind the scenes of the present’s thrilling teasers!

“Awaken” is a homicide thriller drama that can observe the connections between mysterious occasions unfolding within the current and the secrets and techniques behind an enigmatic incident that occurred in a village 28 years in the past.

Namgoong Min kicks off the video as he movies his particular person scenes in what seems to be like an deserted constructing. He exudes all the arrogance and charisma of his character Do Jung Woo, the eccentric and good crew chief of a particular process pressure on the Nationwide Police Company.

AOA’s Seolhyun then joins the shoot, taking part in the passionate police officer Gong Hye Received. They must movie a scene the place Do Jung Woo is surrounded by the police, together with Gong Hye Received, pointing their weapons at him. Whereas they’re cheerful earlier than the scene, the temper on set turns into intense as quickly because the cameras are rolling.

Afterward, Namgoong Min teases Seolhyun by saying, “You had been going to play a joke, proper?” Seolhyun laughs and insists she wasn’t.

Lee Chung Ah later arrives to movie her scenes as FBI agent Jamie. Her character was adopted as a younger youngster and returns to Korea to unravel the serial killer case linked to her misplaced reminiscences of her childhood from 28 years in the past.

She’s given one thing to eat by the kid actors, however she kindly takes care of them and insists that they eat it themselves. After a closeup shot, she charmingly asks if she will be able to do one other take.

The video subsequent reveals the three stars taking photographs for the drama’s posters, which have separate themes of “day” and “night time” to suit with the Korean title of the present (“Day and Evening”).

On the set in the course of the day, Seolhyun is charmed by an lovable pet whereas off digicam. She laughs because it heads towards the digicam and says, “It’s conscious of the digicam!” During their night time shoot, Namgoong Min and Lee Chung Ah go to with the pet throughout their break, and so they smile as Lee Chung Ah provides it a pet. The caption describes that they frolicked with the pet till proper earlier than the shoot.

Watch them create their teasers and posters under!

SOURCE