Namgoong Min/ Namkoong Min 남궁민 | [Drama 2023] My Dearest/Lovers, 연인

irilight

5 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

I wish there is more video of their press con. But i didnt see many. They looked gorgeous together in black :wub:

@Lawyerh, thank you for your post... I'll try to find some too....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

da24644cfa524bc4b5ccd99027b0a81a.jpeg?s=

Namgoong Min Gets A Gift On “Doctor Prisoner” Set From 2PM’s Junho

"Chief Kim” co-stars Namgoong Min and 2PM’s Junho showed their friendship and support!

On April 8, Namgoong Min shared photos of himself on the set of his latest drama “Doctor Prisoner.” He smiles with a beverage in his hand as he poses in front of a coffee truck sent by Junho!

The banner on the truck includes photos of both Junho playing lawyer Choi Do Hyun in his current drama “Confession” and Namgoong Min playing doctor Na Yi Je in “Doctor Prisoner.”

It reads “Genius doctor Na Yi Je! If you need legal defense, call lawyer Choi Do Hyun! Best of luck to ‘Doctor Prisoner’!”

In the caption, Namgoong Min wrote “Lawyer Choi Do Hyun,” “Junho” with an emoji with heart eyes, “Na Yi Je,” “Drama ‘Confession’,” “Doctor Prisoner,” and “Please show lots of love.”

Namgoong Min stars in the KBS drama “Doctor Prisoner” along with Hello Venus’s NaraKim Byung Chul, Choi Won Young, and more. The drama is about a highly skilled doctor who is forced to resign from his position at a top hospital. He ends up working in the medical ward of a prison in order to make connections with the powerful and wealthy so that he can get revenge.

source

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello dear @irilight friend..... Can I post something on this thread..??! :) I am a new fan of NamGoong Min!

I've never known about this brilliant K-actor before I watch Handsome guy & Jung Eum! It is the very 1st time I saw him on screen & I was so impressed by his acting even though the plot was simple! :wub: I felt bad for the low ratings but I hope he got so many fans for him with his smart character in it!!

And then I am seeing him in Doctor Prisoner for the 2nd time & I am so addicted to his outstanding acting in it!! JUST WOW!!! :o I think he chose the hit script for him ever this time! His attitude, his voice & his looks fully fit for Na Yi Jae!!! I am really enjoying his acting there!!! :wub: And I really hope he receives the praise he deserves for the acting!! And he is looking so HOOOT!!!! :wub:

1553127864_1443854.jpg

And how come he has only 25 pgs in his soompi thread??? :blink: He deserves more than this!!!! I really hope he gains more fans here with Doctor Prisoner!!! Best of luck, Namgoong Min!!!! :wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 4/18/2019 at 6:29 AM, gm4queen said:

Hello dear @irilight friend..... Can I post something on this thread..??! :) I am a new fan of NamGoong Min!

@gm4queen, I am so glad for your post,  and I love it.  This is not my thread. This is the thread to all who want to express and add information about Namgoong Min.

Of course, I agree with you totally.   I think the first time I saw him was in an 2011 drama, "Can You Hear My Heart."   I loved his acting, and I loved his voice.

I have not seen all of his projects since then, but I have seen many of them.  He truly is a versatile actor, who can do well both comedy and melodrama.

I am so glad he is getting the recognition he deserves.

I too, am loving Doctor Prisoner.  It is a complex character study of them all. Every time I think I know what's going on, there is a new twist...

• Like 2
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, gm4queen said:

He is looking so handsome..... :wub:

Always.....    !

What a treat to see him weekly and in such a good drama!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

f7e161a1ded749f6bb510037c6039a08.jpeg?s=

2PM’s Junho Thanks Namgoong Min For Sending Gift To Drama Set

On April 29, 2PM’s Junho took to his Instagram to thank actor Namgoong Min for sending a coffee truck to the set of “Confession.”

Currently, Junho is starring in tvN’s drama “Confession,” while Namgoong Min is starring in KBS’s “Doctor Prisoner” as Na Yi Jae.

The caption on Junho’s Instagram post reads, “Na Yi Jae you’re the best. Let’s do our best until the end!”

Namgoong Min replied to this post to say, “There’s not much left. Hang in there.”

The first image shows Junho posing next to a banner that says, “Lawyer Choi Do Hyun! Come to Na Yi Jae if you are feeling sick!” The banner in the second image reads, “Dear Junho, I’m really enjoying watching ‘Confession’!” The third image shows Junho holding a drink he got from the coffee truck.

Junho and Namgoong Min worked together in KBS’s drama “Chief Kim,” which aired in 2017. The two continue to maintain their friendship even after the conclusion of the drama, and Junho recently sent Namgoong Min a coffee truck on the set of “Doctor Prisoner.”

source

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

@gm4queen, thank you for cute update   :)

Below is a new article.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

64b20b21c767448fa5901173ce35c0d0.jpeg?s=

Jin Ah Reum On Her Boyfriend Namgoong Min And How They Began Dating

Jin Ah Reum told the story of her relationship with actor Namgoong Min!

On the May 9 episode of KBS 2TV’s “Happy Together,” Jin Ah Reum appeared as a guest along with Noh Joo Hyun, Jung Young Sook, Min Woo Hyuk, Kangnam, and Yoon Tae Jin.

Jin Ah Reum is currently in a public relationship with actor Namgoong Min. The couple confirmed their relationship to the public in February 2016.

“This is my first appearance on a talk show,” began Jin Ah Reum. “[Namgoong Min] cheered me on by saying that I should just relax and be myself.” MC Yoo Jae Suk made everyone laugh by joking, “Namgoong Min should’ve done that as well. He wasn’t that comfortable here,” and Jin Ah Reum replied, “Namgoong Min told me that Jun Hyun Moo is a good person.”

Speaking about their relationship, Jin Ah Reum said, “We first met through a film. I appeared in the film ‘Light My Fire,’ which Namgoong Min directed, and we became close after being introduced by an acting coach.”

When asked who showed interest first, she said Namgoong Min did so by asking her many personal questions about her siblings and if she had a boyfriend. Jin Ah Reum, however, said that she didn’t share his feelings at the time. “I didn’t have any interest in him at all,” confessed the actress. “It was burdensome. He continued to contact me to see me again. But he turned out to be honest, straightforward, and innocent, so I began to open up.”

Spoiler

Jin-Ah-Reum-Namgoong-Min1.jpg

The MCs were curious as to how Namgoong Min confessed his feelings, and Jin Ah Reum revealed, “He sent a text message that said, ‘I really like you. Will you trust me and date me?’ I didn’t respond, but we met up after that. I wanted to joke around so I said, ‘I’m sorry, but I think it would be better to remain as colleagues.’ Acting cool, he said, ‘Okay, but then why did you suggest that we meet up?’ I said that I was just joking, and that was the first day of our relationship.”

Jin Ah Reum added, “He has a strong evil image because of his villain roles, but he’s very cute and innocent in real life. He has a lot of cuteness, even more than I do. You can’t imagine it, can you? He does cute dance moves. He calls me ‘baby’ and I call him ‘honey.'”

She concluded, “Since he’s an actor, he’s very detailed. When he came over my house, he saw that there were many broken things and brought tools with him the next time.”

During his acceptance speech for the Top Excellence Award at the 2017 KBS Drama Awards, Namgoong Min mentioned his girlfriend on stage. She commented, “I watched and didn’t imagine that he would talk about me. He said, ‘Thank you Ah Reum, and I love you.’ I had witnessed how hard he worked so I burst into tears. My older sister next to me also sobbed.”

source

• Love 1

Dear @irilight chingu, thanks a lot for the article!! And what a pleasant surprise :wub: I didn't know that Namgoong Min is in a relationship at the moment! He really seems a decent guy & a veteran actor in Kdramaland! :) I wish happiness & success for both of his private life & professional life!

And I've only watched two of his dramas so far, Handsome guy & Jung Eum & Doctor Prisoner! But those two dramas itself are all enough for him to attract me towards him! :wub: And i dunno why this thread only has 25 pgs but I hope more of fans discover this thread & join with us! I think you should put the link of this thread in Doctor Prisoner soompi thread, dear!!! :) Then we will get more fans for him here!!!!

And this is a gift from me for you & other fans of his! :wub: I edited this music video for his Handsome guy & Jung Eum series & I hope you will enjoy it!!! :) Have a nice day........... :heart:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Dear @irilight chingu, thanks a lot for the article!! And what a pleasant surprise I didn't know that Namgoong Min is in a relationship at the moment! He really seems a decent guy & a veteran actor in Kdramaland!  I wish happiness & success for both of his private life & professional life!

And I've only watched two of his dramas so far, Handsome guy & Jung Eum & Doctor Prisoner! But those two dramas itself are all enough for him to attract me towards him!  And i dunno why this thread only has 25 pgs but I hope more of fans discover this thread & join with us! I think you should put the link of this thread in Doctor Prisoner soompi thread, dear!!! Then we will get more fans for him here!!!!

Dear @gm4queen, thank you for your comments and wonderful video :wub:
I knew Namgoong Min was in a relationship with Jin Ah-Reum. I remember when it was first reported, he was asked about it, and his response to the questions was "Don't Ask..."   He is  a private man, and did not want to comment, and also - as we read in this article, since he was the one who pursued her, he might now have wanted to put this relationship at risk by commenting on it in the early stages. . This is why I was surprised to see this article, and that he had cheered her on for doing this show. But it also makes sense. It has been three years since they started dating.  I am s glad for him, that he has such a good lady by his side.

I cannot really put this thread in Doctor President's thread.... I think it is not done on Soompi forums...  When I used to open threads for drama  (which I have not done in a very long time... It is lots of work...) I used to publish the main leads' Soompi threads on the first page of the Drama...

Namgoong Min is not new to acting, but he is new to a leading actor.    In 2015 he played as an antagonist in the drama "The Girl Who Sees Smells" and really got the attention of the audience and the scriptwriter  -- Baek Soo-Chan .  He followed with another antagonist role that still sends chills down my spine in Remember.   In any event, Baek Soo-Chan liked him so much in "The Girl Who Smells" that she cast him in his first leading role - in a lovely rom-com - Beautiful Gong Shim.  

Considering he started acting in 2001 (movie) and 2002 (KDrama) - it has taken a long time for the world to take notice of him (Consider how fast these days some actors are getting a leading role).  

Actually - that is not entirely correct. He did have a leading role in a short drama Unemployment Benefit Romance.   I did not like this drama, so much so, that I dropped it.  So, I should amend it to say that "Beautiful Gong Shim" was his first successful leading role.

I first noticed Namgoong Min when he was a 2nd lead in the Drama Can You Hear My Heart.  He had a heart-breaking Bromance with Kim Jae-Won in it.  I thought he was so good in this drama, and I also noticed he had fantastic voice.  It was a good drama with great cast. In fact, Hwang Jung-Eum was the leading lady in it.

Below is another "treat."  Make sure to click on the "cc" to get the English subs.

'Good Manager' Namkoong Min, "My girlfriend Jin Areum, thank you & love you" [2017 KBS Drama Awards]

Nam Goong Min makes headlines for treating staff of 'Doctor Prisoner' to Hawaii trip

20190515-namgoongminjpg.jpg

Nam Goong Min has made headlines for treating the staff of 'Doctor Prisoner' to a trip to Hawaii.

On May 15, reports revealed, "Nam Goong Min is taking the hardworking staff of the wrapped up KBS drama 'Doctor Prisoner' to Hawaii. Everything will be paid by Nam Goong Min himself."

Nam Goong Min has been playing the lead role as a talented doctor Na Yi Je who suddenly quits after medical malpractice accusations. The finale of 'Doctor Prisoner' will air on the 15th at 10PM KST.

source

790ae5e355c64e4284a74f0246f4c93a.jpeg?s=

Namgoong Min Reveals His Nickname For His Girlfriend Jin Ah Reum

Actor Namgoong Min appeared on the June 1 broadcast of JTBC’s “Ask Us Anything” and revealed his nickname for his girlfriend Jin Ah Reum.

On “Ask Us Anything,” Seo Jang Hoon commented, “You’re a dark hero in your drama ‘Doctor Prisoner,’ but in real life, you’re a sweet hero. You call your girlfriend ‘baby.'”

Namgoong Min said, “In my eyes, Jin Ah Reum is really like a baby, so that’s what I call her. Sorry.”

The hosts called out actor Jang Hyun Sung, who looked like he was envious, and asked a barrage of questions, like if he has regrets and if he calls his wife “baby.” He said, “I call my wife ‘baby,’ too. Why? Is that wrong?”

Previously, Jin Ah Reum appeared on “Happy Together” and talked about her relationship with Namgoong Min.

source: Soompi

• 3 weeks later...

698997ff717e49eaa3f5c7d170de403a.jpeg?s=

Namgoong Min Thanks Staff Of “I Live Alone” With A Heartfelt Message

Namgoong Min shared his thoughts on his appearance on MBC’s “I Live Alone.”

The actor revealed his home and everyday life for the first time on the June 14 and June 21 episodes of the reality program which showed him working out, practicing singing, and enjoying a party with friends. He had previously left a strong impression on viewers with his character in “Chief Kim,” and was able to showcase his honest charms this time.

On June 22, Namgoong Min uploaded a screenshot of him on the show. He wrote, “All my life, I had lived life trying to be someone else because of acting and lived without knowing what kind of person I am.” He added with hashtags, “Thank you ‘I Live Alone’ team” and “Namgoong.”

source: Soompi

• 4 weeks later...

9990f9f4d1584dc2aedf70612ea0da8f.jpeg?s=

Namgoong Min In Talks To Star In New SBS Baseball Drama

Namgoong Min may be returning with a new drama!

On July 19, reports stated that Namgoong Min was planning to make his return to the small screen with a new SBS drama titled “Stove League.” In response, a source from Namgoong Min’s agency 935 Entertainment stated, “It is one of the projects that he is currently reviewing.”

“Stove League” is about the preparation period of a major league baseball team. The drama focuses on a loser team that prepares for an extraordinary season upon the arrival of their new general manager, and each episode will focus on a problem they have as they prepare to become a stronger team.

If confirmed, Namgoong Min will take on the role of the general manager, Baek Seung Soo, who has a magnetic personality despite not being very likable. Lee Shin Hwa is the writer behind the drama while PD Jang Dong Yoon will be directing the drama.

“Stove League” is planned to air after “Vagabond” sometime in November of this year.

source

Namgoong Min up to play baseball manager in SBS sports drama

namgoongmin-stoveleague.jpg

Sports dramas can be such gems when done correctly. Add an actor like Namgoong Min (Doctor Prisoner) to the mix, and I’m already sold. SBS has a new underdog baseball drama in the works titled Stove League, and an offer is out to Namgoong Min, who is ‘positively considering.’

Read more on Dramabeans

• 1 month later...

6324cb931b9e46bfb9a815e4f7ea0b0f.jpeg?s=

Jo Byeong Gyu In Talks Along With Namgoong Min And Girl’s Day’s Sojin For New SBS Drama

Jo Byeong Gyu may be starring in a new baseball drama!

On August 26, an industry representative reported that the actor will be starring in the SBS drama “Stove League.”

In response to the reports, a source from his agency HB Entertainment commented, “He has received the casting offer and is reviewing it. His appearance [in the drama] has not been confirmed yet.”

“Stove League” is about the preparation period of a major league baseball team. The drama focuses on a loser team that prepares for an extraordinary season upon the arrival of their new general manager, and each episode will focus on a problem they have as they prepare to become a stronger team.

Jo Byeong Gyu has received the offer for a character who becomes a part of the team due to connections as he is the grandson of a major furniture company’s owner.

Namgoong Min and Girl’s Day’s Sojin are also in talks to star in the drama.

“Stove League” is scheduled to premiere in November following the conclusion of “Vagabond.”

source:  Soompi