Famous White Actors/singers With Average Asian Chicks

not understanding this
well it doesnt need to be said that burden of representation rule for asians, where one asian bears the representation for all of us, is wildly rampant in todays world.

if it werent enough that we barely get represented in the first place we have the bai lings and the william hungs who are thrust out into the spotlight to be the voice of our people -frustrating.

another avenue tht seems to be creating a stereotype/reputation for asians particularly asian women is the phenom of famous white actors/singers pairing themselves with average asian girls. not saying that these guys look any better, but in american culture its usually that it doesnt matter what the guy looks like as long as he has fame money power he will get the hot chick...but in these scenarios these guys have money fame, etc. but they end up with these average asian girls...its a very interesting social observation for me.

i have NEVER seen an exceptionally hot asian chick with one of these famous hollywood types..... however i have seen exceptionally hot asian chicks with less than average asian guys....anyone else share their experience with this?

so lets take a look at some examples.

we have woody allen & soon yi

_44092768_venicewoodypa300b.jpg

222241.jpg

josh-holloway-and-wife-yessica-kumala-36th-annual-comic-con-international-day-three-ZB2ReP.jpg

Nicholas Cage & Alice Kim

PicImg_Knowing_Screening_3530.JPG

Trent Reznor & his new gf

trentbeauty3.jpg

trentbeauty2.jpg

trentbeautygorgeous1.jpg

perry farrell

610x.jpg

really makes me say hmmm

-edit - must read for those takiing offense in this thread (although if u really are offended its likely that u didnt bother to read anything i said in the first place so not sure if this msg will get to the intended audience but w/e)

and what's wrong with these girls possibly having personalities more kick-richard simmons than their looks then ? that's better than nothing >->.

and why do we need "asian equivalents" of american actors and actresses ? we need asians who are sexpots enough that their hotness can stand alone.

plus, zac efron isn't even goodlooking.

you took what i said and totally twisted it into something else.

where did i say i wanted them to look like brad pitt or angelina? i said asian equivalents as in how they are perceived in the public.

brad pitt and angelina are perceived by the mass public as sex icons we do NOT have an asian sex icon in the states.

as far as u saying zac efron isnt good looking, thats fine, but its his image and his image alone that gives him #1 movies he is a billlion dollar machine and all of it is based on his appearance not his talent. so...

who are you to call them Average ?

Its call P e r s o n a l i t y.

people are beautiful in many different ways, I hope you're not hating.... >_>

please dont be simple minded and misinterpret the entire point of this post. what i was posting is a social observation upon which we can have an intelligent discussion, its not a"bash their looks" thread so where is the hate?

You want to talk about how "average" their asian girlfriends look?

I'm busy being grossed out by the guys, actually. They're not exactly "good-looking" themselves (at least imo).

I'm not attracted to any of those guys pictured. xD

you missed the part where its stated that in american culture it is common for the man's looks to be disregarded and his money taking precedence

usually in america, a guy's looks does not matter as long as he has power & money. but in the case of white men with power & asian women it is significantly different- all this is is a SOCIAL OBSERVATION its a topic that is supposed to incite social discussion , its a shame a select few people dont bother to read and interpret it as insulting or offensive.

What the hell are you talking about? Stop making assumptions "oh i'm a rich white guy, so i'm going to go for an asian girl". Do you even know their history? No. Example, Josh Hollaway met his girlfriend before he was "rich and famous", so obviously she stood out to him.

mr.leongfun take a xanax and calm down.

did you see that the comment i made was a sarcastic response to another poster ? i never said anything remotely close to "im a rich guy so im going to go for an asian girl"

i agree^ he care too much on what other ppl think of his race...

its not that i care too much its that you care too little and u become complacent

we need ppl to "Care" abot how asians are perceived and portrayed in the media . if we dont care who will care? not white pepole not black people.

the reason why asians are so far behind as far as media representation is because so many asians are divided with the whole "oh im just going to be passive and not care" mentality .

black people have made great strides in entertainment industry b/c they do the opposite. as a minority amongst a majority you have to care.

And if you wanna start with these sterotypes white rich actors pairing themself with average asian girls, why don't you talk about how (sterotype) asians are gold diggers and date rich white men?

It's "frustrating" to you that you don't see "hot" asian girls with hot white guys, vice versa, but you can also say how white people think it's "frustrating" that asians are gold diggers.

Sterotypes aren't suppose to be true, to me they're just assumptions that people make based on their race, and very often, it's negative/attacking a race.

what exactly is your point? and how is what you said refuting anything i just said?

if anything you are supporting my point.

what are you all up and arms for? i really want to know.

stereotypes for the most part exist to undermine a race, whether there is a stereotype out there that says asian girls are gold diggers or that there is a sudden influx of averagre asian girls nabbing rich white actor types, is irrelevant the fact of the matter is, is that we need more representation out there so we arent judged by these little microcosm examples that are thrust out there into the media- THAT IS THE POINT OF THIS THREAD lol!

the whole point of this thread is 1.) an interesting social observation 2.) how this demonstrates an urgency for more visibility of asians in media

how in the hell can you be an asian american and be offended by those 2 things? if anything this thread should incite EDUCATED discussion but instead a few sour apples are totally misinterpreting the thread and ruining it for everyone else.

what i dont like is the exclusion of asian males

as if they dont exist at all in western media.

the constant perpetuation of wm/af coupling is like the norm in hollywood

when its far from reality.

im not against interracial but if you cant see the exclusion

and the ramifications of that

you're in denial

i agree with u completely

the exclusion of asian males is a prime example of why it is imperative and crucial for us to have positive representation in media and why u shouldnt

just say "who cares" as many of the people in this thread seem to perpetuate.

and im sorry but the guy from Heroes and Justin Chon isnt going to help with the image of the emasculated asian male and neither am i so i dont want ppl saying "oh blah blah u think ur so good u thikn ur the answer? "NO tht is not what i am saying.

we need more leading male type actors in western media to help with this age long stereotype of the emasculated infertile asian male it wont be until that point that asian men will be have an exclusionary effect.

uh.. what about Asian chicks with AVERAGE white guys? (with the exception of Josh Holloway - he's hot)

*sigh* another one who misses the point completely. do i really have to do like jay-z and "dumb down my lyrics to double my dollars?" r a few of u really that ignorant and naive to totally misconstrue the topic at hand?

yes these chicks are with fug white guys , yes none of these white guys are stunners themselves, but

that observation doesnt need to be made because white people are not the ones who face the burden of representation

however if u want to discuss the social implication of asian girls settling for less than they deserve than that is another story

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ alice kim isnt average she's really pretty

everyone else is ya.. average

if alice kim is pretty then what is hyori and song hye kyo?

Guest xxnina

^ LOL. XD

Trent Reznor's girlfriend's eyebrows - eep. And the eyeliner. Eyeshadow. Whatever. O_____O

This made me laugh. Thanks for sharing?

Guest plegend2007

It just shows that, they're not shallow like the others.

Sometimes, personality wins out ;)

It just shows that, they're not shallow like the others.

Sometimes, personality wins out ;)

so when a guy with lots of money cares more about personality than looks then he goes for an asian girl?

lol i dont like that implication.

i know that alot of these guys have many female fans and i just hope that their fans dont see these girls as representative of all asian women which im sure alot of them do

I dont like that everytime were in the public eye here in america its either through embarassments like bailing

or getting attention as nicholas cage sushi waitress girlfriend.

we need asian equivalent of angelina jolie aand brad pitt

asian equivalent of zac efron, asian equivalent of megan fox

i will be happy when that happens :D

Guest joie.de.vivre

and what's wrong with these girls possibly having personalities more kick-richard simmons than their looks then ? that's better than nothing >->.

and why do we need "asian equivalents" of american actors and actresses ? we need asians who are sexpots enough that their hotness can stand alone.

plus, zac efron isn't even goodlooking.

Guest leongfun

Don't forget Ziyi Zhang (30) and her billionaire fiance, Vivi Nevo (44)

ziyi.jpg

Edit:

Just read the title, "with average asian chicks..."

Guest Rorryy

who are you to call them Average ?

Its call P e r s o n a l i t y.

people are beautiful in many different ways, I hope you're not hating.... >_>

Guest plegend2007

so when a guy with lots of money cares more about personality than looks then he goes for an asian girl?

i know that alot of these guys have many female fans and i just hope that their fans dont see these girls as representative of all asian women which im sure alot of them do

I dont like that everytime were in the public eye here in america its either through embarassments like bailing

Who cares....All you are doing is making assumptions. Did it ever occur to you that maybe, they really like this girls for their personality, and not b/c they are an average Asian or an Asian period. Also, different strokes for different folks.

I say, let them date whoever they want, whatever ethnicity they want.

And instead of Asians trying to be an equivalent of other ethnicity stars, let them stand on their own merit. We are all different, that's what makes all of us unique.

Guest leongfun

You care too much about what people think about your race. There are alot of white guys with ugly white girls, black girls, etc.

I don't think they (the "famous white actors") care about what people think about their girlfriends.

Just because they're rich and famous, doesn't mean they'll dump their unattractive girlfriends and find a "better" looking version of them. Personality wins out. Sometimes, beautiful = [female dog]-y, while unattractive are the nice ones. ;)

What the hell are you talking about? Stop making assumptions "oh i'm a rich white guy, so i'm going to go for an asian girl". Do you even know their history? No. Example, Josh Hollaway met his girlfriend before he was "rich and famous", so obviously she stood out to him.

Guest TICKLE ME Jx2

Trent Reznor's girlfriend needs to get her makeup redone.

...its not really working in her favor.

well, way to go. hope they're happy.

Guest aly*

You want to talk about how "average" their asian girlfriends look?

I'm busy being grossed out by the guys, actually. They're not exactly "good-looking" themselves (at least imo).

I'm not attracted to any of those guys pictured. xD

Guest leongfun

And if you wanna start with these sterotypes white rich actors pairing themself with average asian girls, why don't you talk about how (sterotype) asians are gold diggers and date rich white men?

It's "frustrating" to you that you don't see "hot" asian girls with hot white guys, vice versa, but you can also say how white people think it's "frustrating" that asians are gold diggers.

Sterotypes aren't suppose to be true, to me they're just assumptions that people make based on their race, and very often, it's negative/attacking a race.

Guest vip_gd

^

^

hahaa, i like what you said and the rest of the other people

i didn't know nicolas cage has an asian wife

Archived