MISS UNIVERSE 2006

Gitakawaii

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest System1430291513

It's because light-skinned women = beautiful even if they're actually ugly in Dom. Rep. I wish competitions would choose someone who's the color of the majority but, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

And a Black woman from South Africa was long overdue.

what are you talking about? they have to choose color of the majority? so the US should never have a black contestant? look at miss venezuela, shes the darkest venezuelan i've ever seen.

just because DR tends to send lighter contestants doesnt mean they're doing it intentionally.

Guest qysi

judging from the pics, miss taiwan, japan, and indonesia are pretty...

i'm sorry if this is a dumb question...but are these the only contestants?!??

Guest stylesoomin

i think that japan and taipei are the prettiest. taipei reminds me of a chinese celeb. >.<

Guest j1nx

judging from the pics, miss taiwan, japan, and indonesia are pretty...

i'm sorry if this is a dumb question...but are these the only contestants?!??

No Gitakawaii clearly states these are only the contestants from ASIA.

:w00t:I've noticed a lot of people ask where the other contestants, so here is an (almost) complete list :w00t:

Albania - Japan // Kenya-Zambia

Guest nadhura

definitely miss indonesia..she looks different...ms japan is cute but i don't think she'll win coz usually ms universe don't look like that...they like to pick the typical gorgeous european or latin american women, know wat i mean.

Guest cyberfruit

what are you talking about? they have to choose color of the majority? so the US should never have a black contestant? look at miss venezuela, shes the darkest venezuelan i've ever seen.

just because DR tends to send lighter contestants doesnt mean they're doing it intentionally.

What I'm saying is that the DR needs to branch out more. Not everyone in the DR is light-skinned and how is that every contestant for the DR has been light? It can't be just concidence every single time, come on now. I was specifically talking about the DR and their situation and yes, they do tend to pick lighter women because they are seen as more beautiful than darker skinned women. I wasn't trying to relay anything towards any other coutnry because I knew this type of question would occur.

I'm still rooting for them none-the-less but, I would still like a bit of a change. Give me a contestant that I (and most Dominican and Dominican-American girls) can relate to.

Guest tengteng

My top 15:

Ms Albania

Ms Brazil

Ms Chinese Taipei

Ms Cyprus

Ms Dominician Republic

Ms Ecuador

Ms Egypt

Ms Panama

Ms Paraguay

Ms Poland

Ms Portugal

Ms Russia

Ms Sri Lanka

Ms Switzerland

Ms USA

Guest is2u

Miss Lebanon

Miss Peru

Miss Albania

Miss Ecuador

Miss Indonesia

Miss Japan

^^ i like them

arent there meant to be more??!?!

Guest GoRgYnA

^ 90 Countries will compete for the Miss Universe title this year in Los Angeles.

CONTESTANTS

mu17zv.jpg

more to come. i'll post them after i return home from school.

Archived