Yoon So Yi 윤소이

melusine

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^The end of "Shadowless Sword" affected me too, eventhough I saw it coming. I kept thinking while watching the movie if there was any way they would let the Balhae king marry a warrior... and came up with nothing. So only death was the answer. :tears: (I wonder if it's a tenet of a wuxia film to have these impossible loves end tragically)

for her debut drama in 2004 <Say you love me> with Kim Rae won, she'd done a really good job!!

She captured my heart with her portrayal in Say That You Love Me with KRW and KSS. :)

That's in the loooooong queue of dramas I want to see! And not just because of YSY (nice to hear that she did well in it, with her being a newbie and all). I think Yeom JungAh is a great actress and I'm esp intrigued by the darkness of the plot (an antidote to the usual shallow, lovey-dovey stuff). I hope I get to see it soon.

ily7tf.jpg

You guys should also try "Goodbye Solo". SoYi and Bin... eherm, I mean, Cheon JungMyung (gawd, I have got to stop referring to him constantly as Bin :lol: ) make a great couple--just one of the many things that make this drama so wonderful and one of the best I've ever seen.

048010025.jpg

048010027.jpg

048010082.jpg

048010086.jpg

048010090.jpg

http://img.kbs.co.kr/drama/drama_photo/048...048010071_L.JPG <-- spoilerish *grin*

That's in the loooooong queue of dramas I want to see! And not just because of YSY (nice to hear that she did well in it, with her being a newbie and all). I think Yeom JungAh is a great actress and I'm esp intrigued by the darkness of the plot (an antidote to the usual shallow, lovey-dovey stuff). I hope I get to see it soon.

You guys should try "Goodbye Solo" too. SoYi and Bin... eherm, I mean, Cheon JungMyung (gawd, I have got to stop referring to him constantly as Bin :lol: ) make a great couple--just one of the many things that make this drama so wonderful and one of the best I've ever seen.

Wah…this thread is full of beautiful pictures of YSY! Many thanks to dear, Melusine!. Other than Bi, the other two guys look familiar but their names failed to register in my brain. :blush:

Ah…you should watch STYLM because YSY’s acting and of course not forgetting the other female lead, Yeom Jung Ah was exceptionally fantastic in their acting portraying their respective role characters. :D

Yeah…I have been told that Goodbye, Solo is a good drama and I am definitely gonna watch it….because BIN ahem…CJM stole my hearts with his great set of teeth ...ha!ha!ha....…his smile captured my attention in F70s ! :w00t:

^From "Fashion 70s" to "Goodbye Solo", CJM keeps getting better and better (and that smile! aigoo~~~). Among the current crop of young actors, he and SoYi belong to the few with A LOT of potential. I hope they tap into that by continuing to improve and choose good projects.

KOOLHaaS CF <Watch online | DL>

CF Making <link 1 / link 2 / link 3 / link 4>

mzd605530.jpg

mzd606093.jpg

mzd605529.jpg

ceci200606051qe.jpg

ellegirl200605244vy.jpg

mzd606095.jpg

ceci200606241xf.jpg

ceci200606231li.jpg

mzd606092.jpg

credit: TVCF.co.kr, japanesenoodles@korean celeb photos

P.S. You didn't recognize the other guy? Sacrilege! :P It's Jung WooSung.

^From "Fashion 70s" to "Goodbye Solo", CJM keeps proving what a good actor he is (and that smile! aigoo~~~). Among the current crop of young actors, he and SoYi belong to the few with A LOT of potential; I hope they tap into that by continuing to improve and choose good projects.

You didn't recognize the other guy? Sacrilege! :P It's Jung WooSung.

Ah....it's that sultry look of Jung Woo Sung! ;)

The more I read of your comments on Goodbye Solo, the more anxious I am to watch it. I normally don't get to download it to watch but I shall remember not to miss it. :rolleyes:

Btw, can't help but to compliment YSY's height and beauty and she is qualified to rank among with other top-billed models with her nice figure to complement her lanky legs. With heavier make-up, she looks so seductress!..... :w00t:

^There are dramas that don't require too much of my critical faculties, the ones where I just go with the flow and enjoy the hot guy (or if I'm lucky, 2 hot guys :P), the fighting-like-cats-and-dogs-then-falling-in-love, the tears amidst melodramatic music, the big romantic gestures and the little cutesy moments. When all I ask is to be entertained.

But there are times when you long for something different, something that rewards the intelligent viewer. (Since you love "Resurrection" too, I know you know what I mean. ;)) "Goodbye Solo" is another drama you can show your friends who snot that Kdramas are hopelessly cliched.

Nothing earth-shattering really happens (though there's a 'mystery' and a few revelations), the pacing's leisurely (but never slow or draggy) because it's not plot-driven (unlike 부활), there's no One Great Love wherein the leads' chemistry makes or breaks the whole thing.

Why do I love it so much then? Because it's a drama populated by characters so real that you can't help but genuinely care for them despite (or because of) their flaws. They're such very lonely people, you see. I love how the characters interact with each other, and how everyone has their own story arc (instead of focusing on the usual love triangle/quadrangle). I love how the ensemble cast's great acting does justice to the witty and wise and memorable lines. I love how it's not about exciting cliffhangers at all but something keeps me watching one episode after another after another... just because I find their lives interesting and want to know what happens to them next. I love how there's soooo much sadness in it, yet ultimately it chooses to remain hopeful about love and relationships and family.

You won't regret watching it, Felicia Soh.

048008004.jpg

P.S. SoYi was indeed a model before she went into acting. :) And you're right, she's so tallllllll and purty! Hee, look at her being all girl-next-door-ish in one set of pics, and a total vamp in the next.

• 2 weeks later...

^There are dramas that don't require too much of my critical faculties, the ones where I just go with the flow and enjoy the hot guy (or if I'm lucky, 2 hot guys :P), the fighting-like-cats-and-dogs-then-falling-in-love, the tears amidst melodramatic music, the big romantic gestures and the little cutesy moments. When all I ask is to be entertained.

But there are times when you long for something different, something that rewards the intelligent viewer. (Since you love "Resurrection", I know you know what I mean. ;)) "Goodbye Solo" is another drama you can show your friends who snot that Kdramas are hopelessly cliched.

Nothing earth-shattering really happens (though there's a 'mystery' and a few revelations), the pacing's leisurely (but never slow or draggy) because it's not plot-driven (unlike 부활), there's no One Great Love wherein the leads' chemistry makes or breaks the whole thing.

Why do I love it so much then? Because it's a drama populated by characters so real that you can't help but genuinely care for them despite (or because of) their flaws. They're such very lonely people, you see. I love how the characters interact with each other, and how everyone has their own story arc (instead of focusing on the usual love triangle/square). I love how the ensemble cast's great acting does justice to the witty and wise and memorable lines. I love how it's not about exciting cliffhangers at all but something keeps me watching one episode after another after another... just because I find their lives interesting and want to know what happens to them next. I love how there's soooo much sadness in it, yet ultimately it chooses to remain hopeful about love and relationships and family.

You won't regret watching it, Felicia Soh.

048008004_L.jpg

P.S. SoYi was indeed a model before she went into acting. :) And you're right, she's so taaall and purty! Hee, look at her being all girl-next-door-ish in one set of pics, and a total vamp in the next.

Thanks Melusine for an awesome brief and concise review of the drama and how could I not watch it!! :D I am demanding for some kind of refreshing storyline not the usual kind of K-drama plots where you can become the script writer!! By reading your commentaries, I am pretty sure this drama will set them apart and besides the cast is already a sure-winner to attract viewers....Go Soon Yi and Jung Myung (hope I get his name right?). Appreciate you for posting all the lovely pictures of YSY...it's really a great pleasure coming into a thread with her pictures plastering on the entire screen.... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Wah....so eeputar......Yoon So Yi is such a rare gem in this industry with her natural look! Never heard of the Sunscreen brand that she advertised and I guess it is one of those Korean products?? Thanks Melusine for showering us with so many of her modelling pictures too! :)

Archived