• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

February 24, 2019

Han Ji Min And Kim Hye Ja Shine In Behind-The-Scenes Stills From “Radiant”

Source: Soompi by J. Lim

Han Ji Min And Kim Hye Ja Shine In Behind-The-Scenes Stills From âRadiantâ

JTBC’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Radiant” has shared new behind-the-scenes stills of Kim Hye Ja and Han Ji Min.

“Radiant” tells the story of 25-year-old Kim Hye Ja (played by both Han Ji Min and Kim Hye Ja), who turns the clock thousands of time to save her father and becomes an elderly woman in her seventies. The story may sound far-fetched, by Han Ji Min and Kim Hye Ja’s stellar acting has brought the story to life, as they mimic each other to the smallest of details to appear like the same person.

The new behind-the-scenes stills show how the two actresses spend time on set. Kim Hye Ja keeps the atmosphere on set light with her warm smile. The still of her with a hoodie on and a smile across her face brings out the 25-year-old nature of her character, perfectly portraying a woman who looks like she’s in her seventies but has the soul of a 25-year-old woman. She sincerely reads through her script to check that she has everything in check.

Kim-Hye-Ja-Han-Ji-Min1.jpg

Han Ji Min is also rarely seen without her script, which she reads over sincerely. The actress wasn’t afraid to give her all for scenes that required more action, performing all the wire action scenes herself. She also has a warm smile that lights up the atmosphere.

The production staff stated, “It isn’t easy to tell the story of a woman who becomes old in an instant. It was only possible because the two actresses have built up the character to be believable. They bring laughs, tears, and warmth, with some of the best acting we’ve ever seen. We hope people will continue to watch over Hye Ja’s story.”

Source (1)

• 2 weeks later...

Credit: Karo Núñez @sunshinerOT5

I was blown away by #KimHyeJa in 2016's #DearMyFriends with a stellar cast. Now she's doing it again in #TheLightinYourEyes. Knowing how KHJ works, idk where the story is going  but I'm sure it'll be beautiful. 

March 9, 2019

Kim Hye Ja And Nam Joo Hyuk Show Special Chemistry Behind The Scenes Of “Radiant”

Source: Soompi by L. Kim

Kim Hye Ja And Nam Joo Hyuk Show Special Chemistry Behind The Scenes Of âRadiantâ

Kim Hye Ja and Nam Joo Hyuk from JTBC’s “Radiant” are mesmerizing viewers with their special synergy that goes beyond the generations.

The drama recently broke its personal viewership ratings record and continues to awe its viewers with a splendid cast and story.

Kim Hye Ja and Nam Joo Hyuk worked together with a unique chemistry on the filming set in order to create touching scenes. In one of the released behind-the-scene photos, Kim Hye Ja can be seen with a script in her hand. During break, the veteran actress warms the set with her doting smile, but once the camera turns on, she fully immerses into her character. Nam Joo Hyuk looks closely at her performance with respect. The actor’s sincere personality to not miss any details is the driving force behind his acting in “Radiant.”

Kim Hye Ja also gazes at Nam Joo Hyuk with content. She treats him with consideration and sends him a supportive smile. Earlier, Kim Hye Ja expressed her expectations and affection for Nam Joo Hyuk, saying, “I want to see what kind of actor he’s going to become.” Nam Joo Hyuk had also revealed, “It’s a happy filming scene where I can learn a lot.”

Their affection and trust for each other lead to synergy in the drama. When they rehearse, they portray their respective characters with sincerity, and when they’re not filming, they smile brightly without a hint of exhaustion.

nam-joo-hyuk-kim-hye-ja-2.jpg

The production crew praised, “The presence of actor Kim Hye Ja has created a unique synergy on the set. In particular, the teamwork between Kim Hye Ja and Nam Joo Hyuk has a crucial flow of emotions that goes beyond the generations. With only four episodes left until the end, crisis and changes are imminent for their characters. We hope you will watch until the end.”

Episode 9 of “Radiant” will air on March 11 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

• 2 weeks later...

March 17, 2019

Kim Hye-ja, Han Ji-min and Nam Joo-hyuk Behind the Scenes of "The Light in Your Eyes"

Source: Joynews via HanCinema.net

photo1043571.jpg

The jTBC drama "The Light in Your Eyes" released behind-the-scene cuts of Hye-ja's (Kim Hye-ja) secret.

In the previous episodes, Hye-ja's time breakaway was explained; she was suffering from Alzheimer's disease, and the story so far had been happening in her head. Twenty-five-year-old Hye-ja (Han Ji-min) was seventy-year-old Hye-ja's past. The narration said, "I had a long dream. But I don't know if I'm dreaming about myself getting old, or if the old me is dreaming of being young. I have Alzheimer's".

The truth about Hye-ja is delivered against the backdrop of the ocean. The scene where Kim Hye-ja, with eyes so deep with age it's hard to fathom, and Han Ji-min meet is where their synergy is released. The way they are talking hand-in-hand shows that even their smiles look alike.

photo1043570.jpg

Nam Joo-hyuk is covered in bruises and cuts, but his smile is unmistakably stunning. Han Ji-min and Nam Joo-hyuk play with the little child actor, and curiosity builds, as it is obvious that Han Ji-min and Nam Joo-hyuk were once a married couple in Kim Hye-ja's past. The 'no-vengers' and 'watch grandpa' Jun Moo-song appear harmonious.

The production says, "Hye-ja's real story begins now. There are two more episodes of the precious and shining time of Hye-ja's life, so watch how the puzzles piece together and connect the past and the present".

photo1043532.jpg

March 19, 2019

"The Light in Your Eyes" Ends Strongly

Source: Asiae via HanCinema.net

photo1044246.png

"The Light in Your Eyes" had a shining ending.

According to Nielsen Korea nationwide, the JTBC drama "The Light in Your Eyes" rated 9.731%.

The drama recorded 3.2% on its first broadcast last month, but showed increase by word of mouth.

The final episode of "The Light in Your Eyes" ended up being three times as high and had a successful ending.

Kim Hye-ja (Kim Hye-ja) lived in happy memory. She said, "Life is worth living even if a not very great day goes by and not another great day comes along. Don't ruin the present because of a regretful past and anxious future. Live today. Like the light in your eyes. You deserve to".

Meanwhile, "Laughter in Waikiki 2" is coming soon.

Photos: HanCinema.net

photo1043701.jpg

photo1043704.jpg

March 20, 2019

“Radiant” Cast To Go On Reward Vacation

Source: Soompi by Y. Shin

âRadiantâ Cast To Go On Reward Vacation

The “Radiant” team will be celebrating the successful conclusion of their drama with a reward vacation!

The cast and production staff of JTBC’s “Radiant” will be leaving for Jeju Island on April 3 and staying there for three days and two nights.

“Radiant” tells the story of a woman who loses all of her time before being able to use it and a man who throws away his brightest days by living with low energy. Its star-studded cast includes Kim Hye Ja, Han Ji Min, Nam Joo Hyuk, So Ho Jun, Ahn Nae Sang, and Lee Jung Eun.

The drama aired its finale on March 19 and achieved an average nationwide viewership of 9.73 percent, its highest viewership ratings since its premiere on February 11.

Source (1)

March 20, 2019

HanCinema's News

"My Only One" and "The Light in Your Eyes" Top Good Data Report in Their Final Weeks

By William Schwartz HanCinema.net

Spoiler

photo1044547.jpg

As expected, "My Only One" remained at the top of the Good Data report in its final week, marking off its third straight ranking as number one. "The Light in Your Eyes" in its final week was a surprisingly close number two. While "My Only One" had an overall percentage of 16.24 (out of 100%), "The Light in Your Eyes" had 14.53% of social media mentions of the studied dramas.

"Liver or Die" also had a strong final week at number three, pulling in 9.99% of viewers. "Romance is a Bonus Book" ended at 9.58% in rank number four, down from rank number three last week. It was the only ending drama to go down in the ranks.

On the actor's end UEE shot up from rank number nine last week to finish this week at number one. Her co-star Choi Soo-jong fell down three ranks to number four. Lee Na-young of "Romance is a Bonus Book" remained steady at rank number two. Kim Hye-ja of "The Light in Your Eyes" was rank number three, up from rank number eleven the previous week.

This Good Data list was produced during the second week of March. The Good Data list in general analyzes social media trends regarding current mainstream drama.

Written by William Schwartz

Source: OhMyNews

A scene in <Snowing>

A scene in <Snowing>

• 2 weeks later...

March 28, 2019

"The Light in Your Eyes" Tops Latest Good Data Report

By William Schwartz HanCinema.net / Photo 

7a4524ef-b282-400b-8d84-05746dce3ca4.jpg

On March 26th, the latest Good Data report was released. In it, "The Light in Your Eyes" jumped to the top of the rankings in its last week on air. "Doctor Prisoner" in its first week managed to hit number two.

The buzz generated by "The Light in Your Eyes" also extended to its core cast members. Kim Hye-ja, Han Ji-min, and Nam Joo-hyuk were in the first, second, and fifth positions for actors respectively. Namgoong Min of "Doctor Prisoner" was ranked number three.

"The Fiery Priest" occupied the third spot both in terms of dramas as well as for actors in the form of its star, Kim Nam-gil. "Touch Your Heart" was in position number four, with its lead actors Lee Dong-wook and Yoo In-na and their highly dramatic kiss taking the sixth and seventh slots for actors.

Written by William Schwartz

20190501_0.jpg

April 4, 2019

55th Baeksang Art Awards Announces Nominees For Television Categories

Source: Soompi by K. Lew

Spoiler

55th Baeksang Art Awards Announces Nominees For Television Categories

The 55th Baeksang Arts Awards has announced its nominees for the television categories!

The prestigious awards ceremony previously announced that Shin Dong Yup, Suzy, and Park Bo Gum will be hosting this year’s ceremony. Held each year in May, it celebrates the stellar work and achievements of actors, actresses, directors, writers, and staff members in television and film categories. With five nominees for each category, the competition is just as fierce this year. Check out the nominees for the television categories below!

Best Drama

tvN “My Ahjussi”
JTBC “Radiant”
tvN “Mr. Sunshine”
MBC “Children of Nobody”
JTBC “SKY Castle”

Best Variety Show

SBS “Baek Jong Won’s Alley Restaurant”
MBC “I Live Alone”
MBC every1 “Welcome, First Time in Korea”
MBC “The Manager”
tvN “Comedy Big League”

Best Educational Show

KBS 1TV “Feast on the Road”
JTBC’s “Spotlight – 5.18 Secret Agent”
KBS 1TV “Journalism Talk Show J”
KBS 1TV “Seoul Olympics 30-Year Anniversary Special Documentary 88/18”
MBC “PD Notebook – The Late Jang Ja Yeon”

Best Producer

Kim Suk Yoon – JTBC “Radiant”
Kim Won Suk – tvN “My Ahjussi”
Ahn Gil Ho – tvN “Memories of the Alhambra”
Lee Eung Bok – tvN “Mr. Sunshine”
Jo Hyun Tak – JTBC “SKY Castle”

Best Actor

Kim Nam Gil – SBS “The Fiery Priest”
Yeo Jin Goo – tvN “The Crowned Clown”
Lee Byung Hun – tvN “Mr. Sunshine”
Lee Sun Gyun – tvN “My Ahjussi”
Hyun Bin – tvN “Memories of the Alhambra”

Best Actress

Kim Seo Hyung – JTBC “SKY Castle”
Kim Tae Ri – tvN “Mr. Sunshine”
Kim Hye Ja – JTBC “Radiant”
Yeom Jung Ah – JTBC “SKY Castle”
IU – tvN “My Ahjussi”

Best Supporting Actor

Kim Byung Chul – JTBC “SKY Castle”
Kim Sang Kyung – tvN “The Crowned Clown”
Bae Sung Woo – tvN “Live”
Son Ho Jun – JTBC “Radiant”
Yoo Yeon Suk – tvN “Mr. Sunshine”

Best Supporting Actress

Kim Min Jung – tvN “Mr. Sunshine”
Oh Na Ra – tvN “My Ahjussi”
Yoon Se Ah – JTBC “SKY Castle”
Lee Da Hee – JTBC “The Beauty Inside”
Lee Jung Eun – JTBC “Radiant”

Best New Actor

Park Sung Hoon – KBS “My Only One”
Park Hoon – tvN “Memories of the Alhambra”
Son Seok Gu – KBS “Matrimonial Chaos”
Wi Ha Joon – tvN “Romance Is A Bonus Book”
Jang Ki Yong – MBC “Come and Hug Me”

Best New Actress

Nara – tvN “My Ahjussi”
Kim Hye Yoon – JTBC “SKY Castle”
Park Se Wan – KBS “Just Dance”
Seol In Ah – KBS “Sunny Tomorrow”
Lee Seol – MBC “Less Than Evil”

Best Male Entertainer

Moon Se Yoon – ComedyTV “Tasty Guys”
Shin Dong Yup – SBS “My Ugly Duckling”
Yang Se Hyung – SBS “Master in the House”
Yoo Byung Jae – MBC “The Manager”
Jun Hyun Moo – MBC “I Live Alone”

Best Female Entertainer

Kim Min Kyung – ComedyTV “Tasty Guys”
Kim Sook – O’live “Food Bless You”
Park Na Rae – MBC “I Live Alone”
Lee Young Ja – MBC “The Manager”
Jang Do Yeon – tvN “Comedy Big League”

Best Script

Kim Soo Jin, Lee Nam Gyu – JTBC “Radiant”
Kim Eun Sook – tvN “Mr. Sunshine”
Do Hyun Jung – MBC “Children of Nobody”
Park Hae Young – tvN “My Ahjussi”
Yoo Hyun Mi – JTBC “SKY Castle”

Technical Award

Kim So Yeon, art – tvN “Mr. Sunshine”
Kim Yong, Jeon Joon Woo, filming – EBS “May, The Origins of Civilization” (literal title)
Park Sung Jin, special effects – tvN “Memories of the Alhambra”
Oh Jae Ho, filming – JTBC “SKY Castle”
Lee Yong Seob, special effects – tvN “Mr. Sunshine”

Source (1) (2)

• 2 weeks later...

Excerpt from

[Interview] Nam Joo-hyuk, "The Love Scene With Han Ji-min Was Short But Affectionate"

photo1042195.jpg

With Kim Hye-ja, a senior actor, Nam Joo-hyuk said, "It was an unbelievable experience working with her". He also said "It was an honor" a couple of times. "Just watching her on the set was unbelievable. She told me never to lose focus, and to work hard to become a good actor".

• 2 weeks later...

Archived