[Current Music Show] Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook 유희열의 스케치북

Guest adikkeluangman

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Park Jin Young Says He Must Listen Well to Suzy
Singer and producer Park Jin Young, who is sweeping the charts with his new song “Who’s Your Mama,” will be appearing on “Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook.”
On the recent recording for the show, he was asked the secret behind his popular song. He answered, “You don’t know what choices the public will make. I gave up on the result and focused on the process instead.”
park-jin-young.jpg

At this, the MC Yoo Hee Yeol said, “The ‘JYP’ narration that’s there for every JYP song wasn’t in this one. I think that’s why it’s doing well,” inciting laughter.
Park Jin Young also revealed how he ended up collaborating with Jessi, saying, “Before the album was released, Suzy asked to listen to the song, and she recommended Jessi.” He then said, “I must listen well to what Suzy says. There’s talk that we should change the company’s name from JYP to SJ [for Su-Ji].”
He also talked about his overlapping promotions with miss A, and said, “It’s actally better to make a comeback when your artists are doing well too. If they’re not doing well and you make a comeback, people will say, ‘This is no time to be promoting your own song!’”
http://www.soompi.com/2015/04/15/park-jin-young-says-he-must-listen-well-to-suzy/

Guest adikkeluangman

J.Y. Park comments on Suzy's relationship with Lee Min Ho
J.Y. Park appeared on the April 17 edition of 'Yoo Hee Yeol's Sketchbook' and briefly mentioned the relationship between Suzy and Lee Min Ho. 
On this day, J.Y. Park said, "More so than her being in a relationship, I was worried that she was seeing a bad boy. Then I found out that he was actually a nice person," referring to Lee Min Ho's kind nature. 
CC0W9ebUIAEYSBF.jpg

He then talked about his recent release, "Who's Your Mama?" and said, "Honestly, I don't always do provocative songs. I release sad songs and talk about life too, but there wasn't much of a response to those songs. When I release songs like ['Who's Your Mama?'], people would comment, 'This is more like you.' It's talking about a woman with a slim waist and wide hips. I was worried that female fans would curse at me, but I am thankful that they had a pleasant response." 
Meanwhile, J.Y. Park performed his past hit songs such as "She was Pretty" and "Honey," which you can check out below! 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/04/jy-park-comments-on-suzys-relationship-with-lee-min-ho

• 4 months later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Baek Ah Yeon talks about confidant Jo Kwon + wants a song from J.Y. Park

Cute solo artist Baek Ah Yeon, who recently celebrated her third anniversary, appeared on KBS 2TV's 'Yoo Hee Yeol's Sketchbook' on September 11 where she talked about a wide variety of topics.

She said, "I have a musical performance ahead of me, and it's hard to explain how I feel." Label mate Jo Kwon then appeared to help her figure this out as a special guest!  She said regarding him, "Whenever a worry comes up, the very first person I tell is Jo Kwon."

COpTabqVEAAUlKX.jpg

He said, "I've been in JYP for 15 years, but I don't seem like an artist under JYP, rather a consultant.  There are no friends who don't get a consultation from me.  I wish they would make a separate counseling center for me," revealing that most of the trainees asked when they should debut and how much money they would make.

When asked what her latest concern was, she relayed her wishes to have double eyelids, explaining, "I am frustrating to look at and I look sleepy because I don't have double eyelids, right?"  No, you look fine the way you are, girl!

Baek Ah Yeon also repeated the story of how she came to write "Shouldn't Have," saying, "It's a song from my personal experience.  This year in January, the man I was having a 'some' relationship with hurt me, so I wrote the song while crying." Yoo Hee Yeol joked, "It's good it was a self-composition, otherwise J.Y. Park would have put his opening 'JYP' into the beginning of the song.  Think of it as a relief," but she replied, "I like that, though.  I would like for that to go into my song.   I'm the only one in the agency who has not received a song yet.  I really want a song from J.Y. Park."

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/09/baek-ah-yeon-talks-about-confidant-jo-kwon-wants-a-song-from-jy-park

• 3 months later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Honey Lee says a special someone gave her support for her first 'Sketchbook' appearance

The beautiful Honey Lee guested on 'Sketchbook' for the first time on the December 18 episode and admitted that she was a little nervous before coming on the show. 

Yoo Hee Yeol had questioned her, "It's your first ever appearance [on 'Sketchbook']; do you feel nervous at all?" She replied, "It feels great. Actors don't get a lot of opportunities to meet with the public too often. Even though I did music for over 20 years, I still miss it, probably because I'm active as an actress now. So it's nice to meet people who love music [on the show] again." 

CWiuGiQWcAAs8-C.jpg

The MC then low-key asked Honey Lee about her boyfriend Yoon Kye Sang, not specifically mentioning his name. He said, "What did that close person to you say when you told him you're going to appear on 'Sketchbook'?" Honey Lee answered, "I said I was really nervous so he was worried but the audience is very pleasant; I don't know why I was worried in the first place." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBCZo94DH20

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/12/honey-lee-says-a-special-someone-gave-her-support-for-her-first-sketchbook-appearance 

• 3 months later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Park Jin Young reveals the motivation that he had for 'Still Alive'

Park Jin Young revealed the motivation that he had for his new title track, 'Still Alive.'

On April 15th, Park Jin Young appeared on channel KBS 2TV's 'Yoo Hee Yeol's Sketchbook' to perform his new title track, 'Still Alive.'

20160416013633_5711189116f79_1.jpg

While talking about how he wrote the song, Park Jin Young said, "I certainly had a motivation while watching movie 'Nameless Gangster: Rules of the Time.' Before watching the film, I spent some time thinking about how I have come through the age of LP, the age of cassette tapes, the age of CDs, and the age of downloads. While watching the film, I started putting melodies around Ha Jung Woo's famous line, 'Still Alive,' and that is how the some came to its life."

Yoo Hee Yeol said, "This song sounds like your own biography," and Park Jin Young said, "I started feeling quite arrogant after writing the song. I shared the song with my company people, a little worried, but they all showed positive reactions."

Meanwhile, BLOCK B's Tae Il confessed he once came to watch 'Yoo Hee Yeol's Sketchbook' as an audience before his debut."

http://starn.hankyung.com/global/en/news/index.html?no=444191 

• 1 month later...
Guest adikkeluangman

G.Soul low key disses J.Y. Park on 'Sketchbook'?

G.Soul made a guest appearance on the May 20 airing of 'Sketchbook,' where he paid homage to the late Prince and threw a low key diss at J.Y. Park. 

The R&B crooner covered Prince's "The Beautiful Ones," and said, "I'm a big fan of Prince and this is one of my favorites songs by him. I tried to honor his memory." 

Ci6vPi-UgAAe4l0.jpg

G.Soul also talked about how he became a hot topic after appearing on 'Sketchbook' last July which was his first TV appearance after 15 years of training. The singer related, "My mother was especially happy," and drew curiosity when he mentioned that he received a lengthy text from J.Y. Park after he performed a short rendition of "I Have a Girl." 

G.Soul made a guest appearance on the May 20 airing of 'Sketchbook,' where he paid homage to the late Prince and threw a low key diss at J.Y. Park. 

The R&B crooner covered Prince's "The Beautiful Ones," and said, "I'm a big fan of Prince and this is one of my favorites songs by him. I tried to honor his memory." 

G.Soul also talked about how he became a hot topic after appearing on 'Sketchbook' last July which was his first TV appearance after 15 years of training. The singer related, "My mother was especially happy," and drew curiosity when he mentioned that he received a lengthy text from J.Y. Park after he performed a short rendition of "I Have a Girl." 

Check out his performances on 'Sketchbook' below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLdliMLs_AI 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCXWwzaR8yY

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/05/gsoul-low-key-disses-jy-park-on-sketchbook 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Woohyun reveals himself to be a big fan of this 1st generation group

Woohyun appeared as a solo artist on 'Yoo Hee Yeol's Sketchbook' on June 3!

On this day, he performed special stages of INFINITE's "Be Mine" and g.o.d's "One Candle," even performing with the group's signature knife-life movements.

Cj7IByaVEAE74Wk.jpg

After his performances, he said, "I was a fan of g.o.d since I was young," after his collaborative stage with g.o.d member Son Ho Young, who said, "I stopped dancing besides from g.o.d's concerts, but I practiced specially for the 'Sketchbook' performance.'"

They then recalled their first meeting.  Woohyun revealed he first met Son Ho Young on a music program the latter was MC-ing.  He said, "He complimented me a lot then."

Son Ho Young relayed, "Everything from the choreography to the song gave off a good vibe.  I felt like they'd do well."  When asked about their age difference, Son Ho Young said, "It's a relief that we are not a Zodiac generation (12 years) apart.  We're 11 years apart," causing laughter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjh3EoIwlO0 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/06/woohyun-reveals-himself-to-be-a-big-fan-of-this-1st-generation-group

• 1 year later...

“Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook” Recording Gets Canceled Due To KBS Strike

Yoo-Hee-Yeols-Sketchbook.jpg

“Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook” is the next show to be affected by KBS’s company-wide strike.

A source from the show said, “The scheduled recording for September 19 has been canceled. We are in talks to air a different program on September 23 in its place.”

The source continued, “There will be no filming on September 26 and October 3 due to the Chuseok holiday.”

The September 16 episode will air as planned. It will feature MeloMance, Paul Kim, Sunwoo Jung-A, Cheeze, Zannabi, and We Are the Night.

Meanwhile, KBS’s company-wide strike started on September 4 with KBS’s labor union joining on September 7. “2 Days & 1 Night” recordings have been canceled, while executive staff members took over working on “Happy Together” and “Music Bank.”

KBS is not the only broadcasting station holding a strike, they are joined by MBC’s company-wide strike. The strikes call for the reform and restoration of trust in the media starting with the resignations of KBS President Go Dae Young and MBC President Kim Jang Gyum.

Taken from Soompi's.

Archived