Question About Broadway Mirrors

Guest jhuh

About installation and in general.
Sorry for making another thread, but this ones completely irrelevant to the other topic i had. So i bought a broadway mirror and I have one question. Is it supposed to shake alot? If not, how do you install it properly? I thought i installed it properly but i still experience alot of shaking. Its not to the point its dangerous, but when i go across a bump, it shakes. Oh and, how are you supposed to position the mirror? mine is 270mm wide and when i position it, i can see some of my face. Thanks for reading!

what do u mean by shaking? It shouldn't shake at all. Just have the extendo hangers positioned on the top of your rearview, pull it down until the bottom hooks snap into the bottom of the rearview. If your rearview mirror moves down a lot because of the weight, there's really nothing u can do about that if u use the Broadway mirror.

As for positioning, I usually position mine where the left edge matches up to the left edge of the back window. I don't use the mirror for my left blind spot. I just use it for checking my blind right spot. It's honestly all about preference so there's really no wrong or right way.

when i say shake, i mean, the mirror itself is "vibrating" when I go over a bump. I did place the hanger on it. Anybody else use the broadway mirror on a accord?

Guest versep

my broadway mirror clips on top of the original mirror

mine doesnt shake over bumps etc and its on pretty tight as well

and yes, i can see my face too

when i say shake, i mean, the mirror itself is "vibrating" when I go over a bump. I did place the hanger on it. Anybody else use the broadway mirror on a accord?

did u make sure the bottom of the mirror is clipped all the way in to your original mirror? Use your fingers, hold the back, and with your 2 thumbs, push the mirror back as far as it can go.

Guest radicalCHOPSTIX

it shouldn't shake that much when you have it properly adjusted, its only when you either drive too fast or you turn up the music too loud.

i was going to buy another one for my new car.. but i remembered the problems i had with it cuz i do love to bump music loud sometimes & drive fast occasionally ;)

the best thing about having one is that it extends your view a lot and takes out a lot of your blind spot.

The one I have just snaps right onto the regular rearview mirror; it snaps very tightly too. I guess it depends on the car you have.

And like mentioned above, you definitely need to make sure all of the hinges are snapped on tightly. I drove around once and the thing kept rattling and only later did I realize that one of the hinges wasn't snapped on tightly.

I have the 270mm one as well. Mine has slightly blurred image due to vibration because my car is lowered on stiff shocks and 17s, but it doesn't shake enough to interfere with my visibility. What year is your Accord? I used to have a 95 and had the same mirror on it before with no problems.

There is pretty much only one way your mirror will go on, so I am assuming it is on correctly. Don't worry if it vibrates/shakes a little. If it shakes to a point where it impairs your vision, then your mirror hinge point might be worn/damaged.

Um well i have the 07 Accord and It doesn't shake to the point I cant see anything UNLESS I'm on a bumpy road. Its only completely still when I'm driving on a nicely paved road and other times, theres vibration.

Archived