G. E. M. (鄧紫棋) Official Thread

Lynne

She's brought life back into the HK music industry, my gosh.

It's time we saw some talent.

^ EXACTLY!!!!

she did really bring some more fans into the HK music industry.

talented for reals.

her new song 'all about you' was pretty darn hella impressive.

after 'where did you go?' i was kinda iffy if she'll come back with another great one, but she did.

impressive indeed. and her voice is golden too.

looking forward to hearing more from her.

if i didnt know, i woulda thought that G.E.M meant 'Girl Evolving Music.'

does that make sense? *scratches head*

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TiFFaNiZeD

haha =] I absolutely love her. besides her awesome vocal, her personally is very adorable haha.

definitely a 'gem' in the HK music industry! <3

I love her MV for All About You! It's different, I think. Especially with the foreign guy, haha. My favourite part was at the very beginning when the guy looked into Pepper's Drive-In and saw GEM dancing in her own little world. So cute! I enjoyed the lyrics too! It's easy for people to relate. I'm not as into Game Over as her other songs [Where Did You Go still tops number 1 for me]. I don't know, but it showcased her vocals that's for sure!

I watched her on TVB's 超級巨聲 the other night, and this contestant partnered up with her to sing Where Did You Go. Ahhh, I really enjoyed it, though the contestant definitely wasn't as good as GEM, haha.

Guest sentimental-circus

^ oooohh i watched that a few days ago ^^

the contestant did really good imo. her duet with Gem is really good~ but of course, no one can beat Gem when it comes to singing her own songs haha.

<Where did you go> is still #1 on the list for me~ then after that is <Sleeping princess> ^^

Guest --=WinGz=--

She practically saved the whole HK music industry. Finally some real talent and she's like one of the youngest in HK industry, yet she's like the best -___-' LOL

Just yesterday I got hooked on her song Sleeping princess. I heard it when my cousin in HK was singing it when we went to a karaoke. So now i'm listening to it the whole time keke! Also yesterday I saw her performance with Teresa Carpio singing Lady Marmalade live. It was really impressive! They are the best singers in HK LOL xD

Guest Tonyc402

GEM definately brings part of the HK music industry back , doesnt make me lose hope ahaha. Her new album is really good as well , recommend it!

Guest miss scarlett

G.E.M.'s debut album is REALLY GOOD =D Highly recommend it! It's a rather mixed album (besides the fact that half of the songs are in Cantonese, half in Mandarin lol), having both fast and slow tracks. A majority of the tracks are ballads though (unfortunately, HK just can't get out of this ballad range) but nonetheless, it's still a really good album =D Support it if you guys can!

There's two different versions releases, one is a regular CD album and another is a "limited commemorative edition" called 18 Plus. If you're a huge G.E.M. fan, then you'll definitely go crazy with 18 Plus 8D She talks about 18 Plus http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIIl6ytw3EA. (Yesasia order link here)

Guest heartdrops

I thought her album was okay.. I'm not SUPER crazy about it. I thought it'd have more songs like Where Did U Go and All About You.. guess not. Nonetheless, she's still a fab singer.

Her new mv:

Apparently a lot of people is saying it's similar to Miley Cyrus' 7 Things MV.

Guest miss scarlett

After "All About U" and "Game Over", her next single will be "A.I.N.Y." Listen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVknZiuRx94. The song is sung in Mandarin.

No MV yet, but I'm sure we'll see it soon.

Her Game Over MV was a bit disappointing.

The similarities between 7 Things and this... whoa. That's why it's a let down.

But the song is loooove!

And the three girls dancing = Single Ladies haha.

I hope to see a better MV.

Lost creativity this time.

Guest OhMyJosh

GEM's my favorite singer!

I'm really disappointed that people would accuse her of copying Miley Cyrus, who had no talent to begin with -.-

Also very disappointed that I don't have the limited edition album :(

Guest miss scarlett

^ It's a really nice MV! =D The style is a bit similar to the "Game Over" one though... both filmed in a similar studio, similar make-up, etc. But personally I like this MV much more :D The dancing is also really good!