Wallace Huo 霍建華 Official Thread

Lynne

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Thank you for all the updates, @BellyButton. @sugarplum892

I came across these photos...  but I do not understand which drama/movie they are from?  Does anyone know? Thank you in advance.

33748361_1717381111670924_33724511459381

33505458_1717381071670928_37428509552012

The caption read: 

生於沉浮亂世,背負血海家仇;有志青年沈其南,堅守初心、堅定信念,終成大業。

#電視劇巨匠 #霍建華巨匠 #霍建華

Actually, I did find out what it was. but this stupid Soompi does not allow me to edit and save my edited version:

Wallace will be starring in new drama 巨匠 (ju jiang) with Yang Mi! Filming will began very soon.

I look forward to it, and cross my fingers that it will be licensed.

29 minutes ago, irilight said:

Actually, I did find out what it was. but this stupid Soompi does not allow me to edit and save my edited version:

Wallace will be starring in new drama 巨匠 (ju jiang) with Yang Mi! Filming will began very soon.

I look forward to it, and cross my fingers that it will be licensed.

ohhh interesting! just hearing about this

• Like 1

Wallace Huo and Yang Mi foray into construction for their latest drama

The+Craftsman+1.jpg

There are some pairings that draw instant hype. This is one that caught my attention from the moment I read about it the other day, and it turned out to be true! Yang Mi (Legend of Fuyao) and Wallace Huo (Ruyi's Royal Love in the Palace) have just started filming for their latest drama Ju Jiang 巨匠 (translates to The Great Craftsman) which marks their third time working together. 

Spoiler

The+Craftsman+3.jpg

The first was in Chinese Paladin 3 where they had their respective pairings. The second time was in the movie Reset where they played enemies since Wallace Huo literally played the psycho who kidnaps Yang Mi's son. This time, the two will finally see eye to eye as they portray level-headed architects who excel in their field, and I kind of love that it's a period drama which is an opportunity for both to don the old 1920's glamour.

The+Craftsman+2.jpg

It seems like a story that will focus more on Wallace Huo's Shen Qinan as the main protagonist whose drive and diligence pushes him to succeed. The drama will undoubtedly also interlace with the greater conflict of that time. Yang Mi seems to have great chemistry with her Taiwanese leading men. Ten Miles of Peach Blossomswith Mark Chao was a huge hit, and a lot of people are anticipating Legend of Fuyao with Ethan Ruan. I have good feelings about this one and yes, Wallace Huo's from Taiwan too. It is produced by Jaywalk Studio and Mandala Media.

source:

@BellyButton, @sugarplum892  - More info above.

Please let us know here, if you open a thread for this drama.

Wallace Huo, Yang Mi reunite in upcoming drama The Great Craftsman

Spoiler

0079HvXAgy1frpn61j1fhj31jk25su10.jpg

Chinese Paladin 3 and Reset costars Wallace Huo and Yang Mi are probably going to be playing a couple in The Great Craftsman 巨匠 (lit.), an upcoming Republican drama that revolves around the lives of architects.

The early 20th century was a turbulent time period ruled by warlords, and Shen Qi’nan’s (Wallace Huo) parents are killed after getting embroiled in dangerous conspiracies. Shen Qi’nan and his three siblings escape to Shanghai, though are separated in the process.

Several years later, Shen Qi’nan has become a skilled construction manager, and endeavours to provide the people of Shanghai with affordable and good quality housing. During the Japanese invasion, he promptly stops other workers from using sub par materials in the construction of military headquarters, reducing the overall number of casualties. No information has been released about female lead Fu Hanjun (Yang Mi), though it’s clear from the posters she’ll be playing an architect.

I expect several Jaywalk Studio actors to costar, as the agency is a co-producer of the company. The 50 episode drama is directed by Jin Sha (Xuanyuan Sword: Clouds of Han).

0079HvXAgy1frpn63u5rkj31jk25s4qu.jpg

source

Wallace Huo returns to dramaland to romance Yang Mi in Masters (Ju Jiang)
OEeRHIy.jpg?1

This is the duo’s third collaboration together, after drama Chinese Paladin 3 and movie Reset. This news came out so suddenly because they have started filming today, everything done secretly until the release of official posters a few hours ago. Lol. Trying to keep a secret aren’t we? The story takes places during 1920s Shanghai and the theme is on the building blocks of architecture well into the modern world. Our hero has a tough life and the family is torn apart when his dad dies as a result of a smuggling ordeal and he’s separated from his siblings. Years later, he works hard, hoping to build better living conditions for the poor with low-costing housing in war-torn down areas. Our heroine is an outstanding architect, combining the essence of Chinese architecture and orienting her works around humans, she’s a fast-rising talent in Shanghai.

Booting Ceremony 5/26:

mast%204.jpg

mast%206.jpg

Spoiler

mast%205.jpg

mast%201.jpg

source

@BellyButton@sugarplum892

Lots more information coming out today.

• 2 months later...

Why Wallace Huo is the perfect pick to play Emperor Qianlong in Ruyi's Royal Love in the Palace?

6bb00386-f156-41db-85f6-a762a6b7f484.jpg

Brand new historical saga Ruyi's Royal Love in the Palace brings to life the vivid and passionate story about Ruyi (Zhou Xun) and the powerful emperor she loved. The drama is full of beautiful royal ladies living among authentic recreations of court life in the Forbidden City. At center is Emperor Qianlong, one of China's most famous monarchs and whose unquestioned power didn't always grant what he wanted. Who else but Wallace Huo could play Qianlong to perfection? And it's not about whether he looks good with a Qing hairstyle.

<Spoilers>

Emperor Qialong's early reign was praised by history's account. Prince Yongli ascended to the throne at the age of 24. His youthful virility and sharp intellect helped him conquer internal strife and expand China's territorial map far and wide. He lived such a long life that he even abdicated his throne to his son so that his official reign wouldn't exceed his grandfather's 61-year term, even through he still exerted authority behind the official throne. 

He ruled China during the peak of the Qing dynasty, but it could also be said that he used up all the national strength and reserve that his forefathers left him in charge. After him, the Qing dynasty went on a slow but sure decline, suffering multiple defeats and unfair treaties by western powers and the rising Imperial Japan. Eventually, Qing was overthrown by a people's revolution that ended dynastic rule in China. Its demise was rooted in the latter part of Quianlong's long reign, but the Emperor who called himself the "Old Man Who Attained 10 Achievements" didn't foresee the sad end. His absolute power meant he was surrounded by yes-men without anyone to offer valuable dissent.

Qing dynasty was considered a foreign ruler, especially by the Han people who were (and still are) the majority among the many ethnic groups in China. The Manchus invaded from China's northern border and defeated the Ming dynasty in the 17th century. For an ethnic minority that had won by force to rule a huge country with a long and highly civilized history, the early Qing emperors decided to secure its foundation by adopting the Chinese language and learning the culture. Qianlong exemplified the fruitful culmination of that assimilation effort: He was bilingual in Chinese and Manchu languages and excelled in scholarly and military subjects. A poet himself, he composed many poems. He was also an avid collector of ancient Chinese art, and you can see his seal stamped on too many paintings in the museums.

(Emperor Qianlong, painting by Giuseppe Castiglione)

e821ed29-c0af-41c2-a987-a03d8118e22e.jpg

There are many interpretations of Qianlong in dramas and movies, with most of them emphasizing his romantic life through stories dotted with real and fictional figures. It is true that the emperor took private trips to Southern China to see how ordinary people lived and to experience the cultured lifestyle among Han Chinese people. Those trips provided plenty of materials for imaginative writers.

In the fascinating Ruyi's Royal Love in the Palace, the casting of Wallace Huo as Qianlong is truly a perfect match. To start, his facial features and physical similaries serve him well to play Qianlong from a young man to an anticipated much older age. Additionally, Wallace is quiet and taciturn in real life, according to his actress-wife Ruby Lin. That inner quality of quiet reserve shines when he portrays a Chinese emperor who wields absolute power but still harbors suspicion and fears against anyone or anything that would threaten his throne.

Wallace also understands what it's like to wait a long time for true love. Some of his most famous roles, such as the Emperor in the Imperial Doctoress, are involved in unrequited love or love that only reached fulfillment after a long and tortuous journey. In real life, after his first publicized romance (with actress Joe Chen) broke up under intense public scrutiny, he never publicly acknowledged another romance. Even when he realized his friendship with Ruby Lin had turned into love, he waited for her for years. When they finally acknowledged each other, it made headline news. Within one year, they were married and now have a child together. 

In Ruyi's Royal Love in the Palace, young Qianlong promised his first love Ruyi that he would have her as his official wife, not just a ranked concubine. They both would have to wait for years for it to happen, but it did.

Ultimately, Wallace is still luckier than the Emperor who had 25 wives, 17 sons, and 10 daughters. Wallace is happy with his one and only wife, Ruby Lin, who gave birth to their daughter in 2017. He can play Qianlong on screen and move on, but Qianlong had to live his whole life for only one role as the Emperor of China.

ac181e30-058a-4628-b3be-e77ce1d5078b.jpg

Watch Ruyi's Royal Love in the Palace to see how Qianlong became the powerful emperor who was admired and feared by many, but probably only loved by only one woman, Ruyi.

Source: DramaFever Blog. - (Please thank them, and comment on the article.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Love Me If You Dare stars Wallace Huo and Sandra Ma reunite in new movie

Love+Me+If+You+Dare.jpg

Even if it's been a few years, Love Me If You Dare continues to be remembered as a unique crime drama that paved the way for some amazing chemistry between Wallace Huo and Sandra Ma. To fans delight, the two are reunited inSomewhere Winter 大约在冬季, which has dropped a poster to introduce Sandra Ma, Chyi Chin, Wang Weimingand Rao Xueman

Something+Winter+Poster.jpg

Wallace's involvement in the movie hasn't been formally announced but netizens with a keen eye swear that it's him at the center right. He has also been spotted at the filming location with Sandra Ma. 

The two star in a story based on a novel by Rao Xueman who writes a touching story inspired by the 1987 classic hit single by Chyi Chin. Two storylines take place when a daughter returns to China in 2018 and the mother leaves Beijing in 1991. Vicky Chen Wenqi and Wei Daxun are also reportedly in the cast. 

source

• 1 month later...