Wallace Huo 霍建華 Official Thread

Lynne

@Tinkiebell  I am obsessed with LMIYD.  My kind of genre.  So yes I have.  Some eps I watched a few times.  :D

The interview was two hours long.  The summary does not include all the interesting comments/answers.  Unfortunately, I am Mandarin illiterate otherwise I could help to translate the talk.  For a man of very very few words, I thought to be able to carry through a two hour interview was a miracle.  His honesty and sincerity won my heart.  

• Like 2

@BellyButton, Thank you for starting this thread...!

I am new to Chinese drama.   In fact, "Love Me if You Dare" is my first Chinese drama, and I still need to watch the last 2 episodes. I just did not want it to end.  Savoring it.

It was also my introduction to Wallace Huo, and I want to see more with him.

I hope Viki licenses and subs "The Imperial Doctress"

Belated Happy Birthday to Wallace Huo.

35b9ed67b6532916486c55d663db3655.jpg

On 8/21/2009 at 4:42 AM, Amethyst said:

I remember him from the Dolphin Bay and then he moved to China to film drama there, I miss seeing in Taiwanese drama.

@Amethyst, someone recommended "Dolphin Bay" to me, but I can only see some episodes with Eng. subs on YT.

On 12/20/2015 at 10:03 AM, janice930201 said:

He smoke in real life but since late 2013 he's been quitting smoking.. 2014 & 2015, he was seen to eat lollipop and chewing gum all the time (to control his addiction I guess).. I hope he manage to abandon this bad habit.. 

@janice930201, I hope he succeeds in quitting. Is is a hard habit to break, but so worth breaking it.

@ricenamja, Thank you for pointing us in the direction of "Reset". More to look forward to with him... Hooray!

I am reading that it is going to be the biggest China-Korea co-production ever...

http://zeenews.india.com/entertainment/movies/jackie-chan-to-produce-sci-fi-film-fatal-countdown-reset_1840488.html

On 12/25/2015 at 5:02 AM, BellyButton said:

Yang Mi is a big name in movie land.  

I have recently seen her in a couple of films that were released her.. "The Witness" with Lu-Han. She was pretty decent in it.

"Inside and Outside" sound very interesting.
Wallace Huo will play an assassin, who is after Jang Hyuk's character for revenge.

More on MDL

@BellyButton, I like the posters, especially the first one with his cracked face.It gets my imagination going. Thank you also for the interview with him and the many photos.

Photos below with his god-son

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

• Like 3

@irilight, thank you for the pictures and sharing your thoughts.  Your fan level is hardcore :D so you must be a Kdrama fan since LMIYD is your first Chinese drama?  In recent years, China has produced good dramas.  The only problem is that because they were not subbed, people outside of China do not get to watch and know about it.  Wallace has a few dramas on viki.  If you like LMIYD, you may like Go Yi Yi Go.  GYYG was solely subbed by ONE person.  It took her one year to fully subbed this drama.  Thanks to her, otherwise I wouldn't be able to enjoy it.  It's light romance sprinkled with a bit of comedy. I love it because it very very real.  It's about relationships between friends, colleagues, parents and lovers.   I always describe this drama as 'chicken soup for the soul'.  A warm chicken soup to lighten our day.  It won an award for being one of the top 10 dramas for the year.  I watched it a few times something which I hardly do.  

Wallace's godson Dou Dou's actual dad is an actor and mum's a director.  You could see how handsome his dad is.  And Dou Dou himself is very handsome and cute!  

@irilight  Barbie Hsu is not acting in Inside Outside.  And yes, I wish this movie is coming to Australia.  But it looks like not so will have to watch online.  I love the action and the storyline seems engaging enough.  And yes.. some many good looking hunks in this movie!!   

Here's to topless Wallace (from the drama, New Yi Jian Mei).  :P

6d6c3ae3gw1f002c1gbcwj20ag0crdg7.jpg

6d6c3ae3gw1f002c4hmo3j20hs0dc3z2.jpg

@BellyButton  I am so glad you mentioned that drama is on Viki, because I looked on Viki for more with Wallace Huo,, and only saw a handful of drama. Now, because of your post I went back and realized I had to to click on "see all" and wow - so many showed up now. I am in 7th Heaven...!

1 hour ago, BellyButton said:

Wallace's godson Dou Dou's actual dad is an actor and mum's a director.

@BellyButton, what are their names please?

Thank you for your recommendation of Go Yi Yi Go. wow.  One person subbed it for a year! That's a labor of Love.!
I might watch it, but it will take me a lot of time, because I hardly ever watch on my computer. I usually watch on my TV via Roku. But these fan channels, where they do the subbing under the video, I cannot watch this way.  Only on my computer. So, I choose first to watch what I can transfer to my TV, - those that are subbed in the video itself. So it will take me much longer to watch dram like this - but I appreciate your recommendation!

I have no idea how MDL got the information for the cast members. I think usually they check pretty thoroughly. but apparently they made a mistake now.

I am really not familiar at all with Chinese drama actors.  Only a handful of Chinese movie actors.

I pray that Viki will license and sub The Imperial Doctress.

Do you happen to know which are the distributors for both new movies, by any chance?

More from LMIYD

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

• Like 2

@irilight  Sorry, I made a mistake.  Wallace's godson is called Chris, not DouDou.   Here's Chris's weibo: http://www.weibo.com/chriswong?is_hot=1#_rnd1452937239616

This boy rubs shoulders with well known actors!  Bet he will be a star when he grows up.  Sorry, I cannot remember his parents' names. But you could see their pictures in Chris's weibo.  Below is a pix which Chris posted because his weibo was besieged with messages from Wallace fans asking the whereabouts of his godfather.  He said, "don't ask me, I do not know".  (Wallace has a habit of disappearing for months without any news every year when he is not working/filming).  

62363205jw1ep5k9ghz0wj20te0tetf5.jpg

Unfortunately, I do not know chinese so I do not know who the distributors of these two movies are.  But here's the link to the movie weibo if it helps.

Inside Outside:  http://www.weibo.com/u/1685771263?from=feed&loc=nickname&is_all=1

Reset: http://www.weibo.com/u/5792089985?from=feed&loc=at&nick=%E7%94%B5%E5%BD%B1%E8%87%B4%E5%91%BD%E5%80%92%E6%95%B0&is_all=1

More teasers for Inside Outside: http://p.you.video.sina.com.cn/swf/opPlayer20160107_V5_1_1_36.swf

Fan arts on the dual roles Wallace is playing - Lele and TianYou.

725b895dgw1ezs4q2aacvj20go0m83zr.jpg

Lele
7000429fgw1erny575rljj20g30ohq4p.jpg

TianYou
9e96b0b0gw1es7msy7yq1j20go0rf76p.jpg

• Like 2

Guest Tinkiebell

I just watched the first episode of Go Yi Yi Go, and I'm liking it so far. It's not over the top, in fact, from what I see so far, it doesn't have any dramatic elements at all, which I appreciate a lot.

I'm a bit tired of drama with big build-ups or overly dramatic evil plots nowadays. I tried watching "Cruel Romance" the other day, and boy, this was me every 5 minutes while watching that drama:

readimage.jpeg?w=450&h=282   

(Honestly, topless Huang Xiao Ming was the only redeeming quality of that drama) ^_^

But yeah, so back to Go Yi Yi Go, I really appreciate the non-dramatic feels of it, though I gotta say, I'm not really wild about Wallace's hairstyle in this one. Seriously, I personally think he looks much hotter half bald in The Great Protector than the short and kinda messy bangs he had in this one.    

@Tinkiebell  Good that you have topless HXM to drool on the drama.  Someone posted an article which came out in China news regarding volunteer subbing in viki.  I understand Gone With The Shirt was named as such because 'someone always take off his shirt'.  Now I know it's HXM.  At least he has a nice body to show off, hehehe.

I am glad to appreciate GYYG.  We all like different types of dramas.  I am not into angsty drama probably because I am too old for the 'you love me I die for you' kind of romance.  GYYG is very real.  I think that girls over 20+ or more will appreciate it better.  I appreciate it because I could relate to it..  the struggle of Yi Yi in getting a good job and weight problems, living away from home, the relationship between the girls who are sharing an apartment, the mother and son relationship, the ex girlfriend relationship, colleague relationship, the dragon boss (everyone has a boss who's nasty and manipulative at some point of their working life) etc.  We all go through these relationships at some point in our lives.  Yes, this is probably Wallace's worst hairstyle.  It didn't enhance his handsome face. But personally, I didn't mind because I would rather that he looks slightly different rather than the same in every modern drama. 

Here's a fan vid of Wallace. IMO, he is one man who could be sexy and hot even without trying!

Funny gifs...

This scene was from Chinese Paladin 3.  He was drunk the night before and was undressed and put to bed by ZiXuan (Tiffany).  He played an innocent priest.  When he woke up, he was horrified that he was naked and thought he did something immoral.  I like this gif because the way he looked under the blanket and started apologising to Tiffany.  It was simply hilarious.

b9ca444djw1epir6cbf3sg208c082e86.gif

And Wallace in his cheeky mood.  I do not now when this pix was taken.  Most likely during the 'Love in Subway' drama.
cheeky.gif

• Like 1

@BellyButton, thank you for all the information.  The main reason I asked who is the distributor, is because I know that "China Lion" often distributes Chinese films to my city... So I always hope it is them. No worries about Chris' name. It is his godfather I am interested in... :wub:

You are going to kill me with these magnificent photos, you know that, don't you?
@Tinkiebell, hi.. Thank you for another vote of confidence in Go Yi Yi Go and thank you to @BellyButton, for telling us more and the funny gifs..

Have any of you watch "Love in the Forlorn City?".  It does sound a bit melodramatic, though.

75b3e029jw1dt1jl84td4j-M.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

Guest Tinkiebell

@BellyButton do you know where I can watch a complete Go Yi Yi Go with English subs? Viki has missing episodes/parts of the episodes. For example, there are only part 1 of episode 2 and 3 which only contain 10 minutes of the whole episode.  

EDIT: Nevermind, I found them over at dramanice :D  

@Tinkiebell  I actually watched GYYG in 247drama but the vids have gone missing since.  So I am not aware of the missing subs in viki.  

@irilight  I just watched a wee bit of Love in Forlorn City.   Too sad.  I hate sad dramas but I may pick it up again when I run out of Wallace dramas.   It's a very sad story, and yes melodramatic.  A fan made a vid out of snippets of that drama showing Wallace with his child (his wife died leaving him a baby in this drama).  It was so cleverly done that one would have thought it was an actual drama.  I believe the child is a Japanese actress.  She's so cute.   If I find it, I will post it here.

LuYu's interview with Wallace.  LuYu is a very famous tv host (like Oprah).  She interviewed many famous personalities.  They have uploaded the vid on youtube.  It comes in two parts.  The title is "Love and Lonesome".  She queried about his love life, his career, family, his life in Shanghai etc.   Unfortunately, noone has subbed the interview.  If I find any subbed  version, I will post it here.  

Part1

Part 2

• Like 1

Guest Tinkiebell

@BellyButton and @irilight I have watched up to episode 5 of GYYG, and glad to tell you that I'm really liking it :D No evil plots so far, so it's a perfect series to watch when you just wanna wind down. 

And awwww, I hope a kind soul would translate Luyu's interview for us (maybe @ricenamja can give us the gist of it?) 

Thanks for sharing that here, BB, I hope more Wallace's fans will join us here :) 

I may give The Great Protector a try. Wallace himself likes this drama. Tried watching it the last time but I think I don't enjoy such plot. Alittle heavy for my taste so I just forward forward to Wallace's parts only. I've watched LMIYD, TJOF, BOC, Perfect Couple, Inspire the Life, QingShiHuangFei, Love In The Forlorn City, Modern Beauty, Dolphin Bay, Honey Enemy. Frankly speaking, I think Wallace looks more & more handsome as he aged. With nothing (new) of his to watch lately, I watched his interviews. His latest with LuYu is really a good one. So popular yet still so humble & down to earth. He's really 1 of those few who looks good in both modern & ancient drama. 

• Like 3

On 1/19/2016 at 0:57 AM, Tinkiebell said:

@BellyButton and @irilight I have watched up to episode 5 of GYYG, and glad to tell you that I'm really liking it :D No evil plots so far, so it's a perfect series to watch when you just wanna wind down. 

Yes, that is why I call it 'chicken soup for the soul'.   It's sweet comedy with a soul.  I have some favourite parts where I kept replaying.  One of them is the wedding scene of Yi Yi's friend with whom she has a misunderstanding earlier.  Her speech at the wedding is simple yet right to the heart of friendship.  Have you come to the part where mum asked son "are you gay" and Cao Yan's response was atypical.    LOL.  It was so funny.  I am sure many mums might have asked the same questions if their sons remain single for long.  Listen to how Xie Mang's described Cao Yan's relationship with Yi Yi versus his singer girlfriend.   

@budgerie  Oh wow, you have watched almost all of Wallace's dramas.  Did you see Vigilantes in Mask?  I love it partly because it is this drama where I came to know about it.  I haven't watched dramas for a long long time and it was boredom that I decided to check out wuxia dramas that I chanced upon Wallace in Vigilantes.  

Yes, I agree with you, budgerie.  The Great Protector IMO is like fictional documentary and it is indeed a 'heavy' drama.  You have to listen to understand the story.  It explores the meanings of integrity, betrayal, ethics, respect, honour, culture, change, revolution, choice.  These are very abstract concepts and to a certain extent, the interpretation is also subject to personal experience and perceptions.  Budgerie, I love the vast rough natural landscapes.  It is interesting how the director used the three males to compare and contrast their characters to explore integrity, loyalty and choice.  Bobcat is the most interesting character. Although an outwardly wierdo and seemingly evil, he's really a man of honour and loyalty.  Anshun's adopted brother, was good until he succumbed to jealousy, hatred and greed.  Wallace calls himself 'colourless' in this drama.  He is. He is consistent, loyal, consistent and predictable.  One of my favourite scenes is the snow fight.  LOL, Wallace is one of the very few Asian men who could look so darn good looking with a bald head!  Here's one of my favourite fan vid.  I love the song choice too.

Ah yes, as a Huomi, I will surely agree with you budgerie.  Wallace looks better as he grows older.  Like fine wine, eh?   Some of you may have seen the post on Wallace FB.  The latest news is new movie, Perfect Baby.  The Director is Zhang YiMou's daughter.  The female lead is Ni Ni.

609f6b4bjw1f0788vich1j21wf1sqh6s.jpg

609f6b4bjw1f07890m9hxj20jz0zk0w4.jpg

609f6b4bjw1f07894h4ysj22io1w0kjl.jpg

@ BellyButton : Hi! No, I didn't watch Vigilante in Mask because I don't like LSS. Which means, I have to give his new drama a miss! Sigh! I only like LSS in BuBuJingXing. Yep, I agree with you that the landscape for Great Protector is beautiful/breathtaking. And I love the song too! That female thief is also quite sweet looking. I watched Wallace interview about the drama & he said he enjoyed the filming process. In his interview with LuYu, he disclosed that he cried when filming ended for BOC & Great Protector. Thank you for the vid. Wallace looks good bald too. He looks better bald than wearing that wig in Great Protector. So he's into movie lately ah? If I may confess something, I still prefer him in ancient drama. I just love looking at men in long hair & long gown & you can only see this in ancient drama. Oh....his Bai Zi Hua look is what I meant. Haiz! I miss Bai Zi Hua. What happened to those missing scenes? However I enjoy his performance in Perfect Couple too. At least light hearted but I do find Tang Yan alittle annoying in the drama. I mean the plot for her script. For modern look, I like Wallace in BOC. Nice size there & handsome! I find him too thin in LMIYD & that hairstyle looked weird. I remembered reading an article that audience commented about his hairstyle. Maybe he didn't have enough hair yet at that time. 

• Like 1

@budgerie, I think Wallace enjoy working with the crew of BOC and The Great Protector very much so when the shooting comes to an end, it's like 'saying good bye to his family'.  He has mentioned in interviews one of the many things he enjoyed filming is 'getting to know the people involved in the shooting'.  During his early days in China, he tends to choose scripts or dramas which involve working with senior actors because he felt he could learn a lot from them.  As he said in his SKII promotion, he wants to be a serious actor.  He is very respectful towards the senior and older actors.  During the promotion of the medical drama Lives, the senior actors were full of praise for Wallace.

I think his hairstyle is LMIYD is the latest.  I notice quite a number of actors spotting that hairdo including Fu ZiYu.

abc362c4jw1f08p8ls10wj20ah0inmy6.jpg

• Like 1

@BellyButtonIf 1 day I am able to finish watching The Great Protector without fast forwarding, I let you know. That would be my achievement. Lol....

Btw, did you read about a female fan creating a fuss/hoo har at the airport when WH was going through immigration prior to boarding his flight? I read in the internet news (chinese) that a female fan wanted to give him a gift which he usually would not accept right? The fan went down on the floor, crying:o & created a big 'drama' that WH had to come out to console her & accept the gift. 

• Like 2

Guest Tinkiebell
4 hours ago, budgerie said:

@BellyButtonIf 1 day I am able to finish watching The Great Protector without fast forwarding, I let you know. That would be my achievement. Lol....

Btw, did you read about a female fan creating a fuss/hoo har at the airport when WH was going through immigration prior to boarding his flight? I read in the internet news (chinese) that a female fan wanted to give him a gift which he usually would not accept right? The fan went down on the floor, crying:o & created a big 'drama' that WH had to come out to console her & accept the gift. 

Lol, now I'd love to see this scene :lol: I'd be very interested to know if anyone caught it on film.