Wallace Huo 霍建華 Official Thread

Lynne

18 hours ago, angelangie said:

i really like watching Wallace with Ma SiChun.... :) a very good detective story there...and how he con Ma SiChun into working with him lols

ah.. Good to know, @angelangie.    I need to watch it. wait... was it not "Somewhere Winter" you were referring to? Then what was it, please?

18 hours ago, cenching said:

@angelangie

I like Love Me If You Dare too....Great drama but my fav is Battle of Changsa

@cenching, I loved "Love Me if You Dare."  I am watching now "Battle of Changsha."

18 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

@irilight @cenching @angelangie Have you guys watch this? 

@Lawyerh, thank you much, both for the film review, and the tag.  I want to see it. I just submitted requests for it, to both Viki, and Netflix. 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, angelangie said:

hahah i was refering to Love Me if You Dare....and im watching Wallace in RuYi Palace.....

dislike his character alot and he play it down to the boot.....a great performe

ah, @angelangie... I loved both. And I agree with you about his character in Ruyi's Palace.  And I love his pairing with Zhou Xun, whom I also love.

You can also see them together in the beautiful film "Our Time  Will Come," by Ann Hui.

MV5BYTRmMDIyYWItYjdlNy00MGYyLWIzNmQtNDMx

2 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

Yes Irilight, we seems often love the same oppas. Including this T-oppa too lols.. the movie look well made. I also can't find it anywhere.

haha, we do, don't we?
I just sent requests for this movie, to both Netflix and Viki.  I encourage everyone to do so.
Viki - we can send multiple requests. Netfix, we can only send one request per IP Address.

https://help.netflix.com/en/titlerequest

https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034633713-Request-a-TV-Show-or-Movie

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

i think about couple of days ago i saw a news reported on Wallace spending times with wife and the child at an outing......

@angelangie, haha I, was going to say that he is probably busy being a husband and a father.:)

On 6/26/2020 at 5:30 AM, Lawyerh said:

I think most notable for me :

Dolphin Bay, Westside Story, 100% Senorita, Rouge Snow, A Mobile Love Story, Chinese Paladin 3, Detective Tanglang, Perfect Couple & Journey Flower. 

I especially like him with Tiffany Tang, and I think his role as that naive monk who reincarnated 3 times in CP3 is amazing!!! He was at his best I would say. 

Thank you, @Lawyerh.  You just gave me a huge homework ^_^;):D
I am not even sure I can find all of these Drama, but I will look..

ah, I see that Viki still has "The Great Protector," "Perfect Couple," "The Glamorous Imperial Concubine," and "Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei."  Also a more recent film "Reset." As I said, I have my "homework" cut out for me.

I have only seen him in "Love Me if You Dare" (My first Drama watching him), and then "The Imperial Doctress" followed by 'Ruyi", and "At Dolphin Bay." (I was so thrilled to find it on Netflix.)    I am watching now "Battle of Changsha."

ah, I did watch most of "Romance of Red Dust" with Shu Qui... I love her too, but I did not like this Drama at all.

I am glad to see that Netflix now has also "West Side Story;" and also the movie "Hide and Seek.

Now this... seems that Netizens have nothing to do but stir up for fake gossip..,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Netizens Accused Ruby Lin And Wallace Huo Of Travelling Overseas During COVID-19 Outbreak (And Without Masks, Too)

12574004-ruby-lin-1_0.jpg?itok=V1l6l4AJ

Ruby had the best clapback.

Last week, Sonia Sui had some pretty strong words for those who insist on travelling during the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, despite being advised to stay at home. This week, Chinese netizens accused another Taiwanese actress of going against health advisories and taking a family vacation during the coronavirus crisis.

On Monday (March 23), a Weibo user claimed to have recently spotted Ruby Lin and her husband, Taiwanese actor Wallace Huo, in Bali on holiday with their three-year-old daughter, and even shared a photo of the couple as “proof”.

ruby-lin-2.jpg

1 of 3Oops?

According to the post, the netizen was prevented from taking a seat on the second floor of a famous restaurant, even though there was clearly a lot of available space. They then saw a tour guide leading a group of about 10 people upstairs. The netizen immediately recognised Ruby and Wallace, and noted that neither of them were wearing masks.

Other netizens quickly chimed in, slamming the couple for their actions and for failing to set a good example as public figures by leaving the country in the midst of a global pandemic.

Spoiler

ruby-lin-3a.jpg

2 of 3 But the lie has been unmasked

As it turns out, it was all one big, fact-twisting witch hunt. Yesterday (March 24), Ruby took to her Weibo page to clear the air, and wrote: “That’s an old photo from last year. Are you bringing it up now to stir trouble…”

A scroll through Ruby’s Facebook page shows that the 44-year-old did indeed jet off for at least two beach holidays in early- to mid-2019 — way before COVID-19 had been discovered. It should also be noted that Ruby has always been vocal about taking the virus seriously, reminding her followers to be careful and to wash their hands.

Spoiler

ruby-lin-4.jpg

3 of 3Nice try, haters

Photos: Ruby Lin/Facebook, Ruby Lin/Weibo, Weibo

source

• 10 months later...

This is getting stranger and stranger. A third post of mine was deleted. It was a nothing post basically griping about other posts that were deleted. Basically, they are deleting all posts on this forum. But why are they doing this? Looks like they want to have no conversation around Huo Jianhua at all unless it involves Scooby.

Weird, weird, weird.

On 12/28/2016 at 5:54 PM, Asiandramafan~ said:

He was with a beauty called Joe Chen, after their break up he went for her friend and suddenly got married in August, now she's expecting..   This shows men is men, whether he's a celeb, Asian, European, or an Ordinary men..    :((( I have read somewhere in a foreign forum that Wallace is already regretting the marriage, I do not know how true.  whether it's a rumor or just a fan opinion..   

My heart really hurt when I saw the news that JC was crying at his wedding.   It's not easy..   

Unfortunately, beauty cannot be a criteria for marriage. Mental stability has to be there. I researched JC's activities and they don't make for a good spouse.

What's the big deal if he had a relationship. He is not a monk.

I am not defending Scooby ok. We all know what she is upto.

Been asked to be nice and friendly :tounge_wink:. Let's bring this forum back to life with a teeny percentage of my fav pictures of Jianhua. Hey am not able to inset more than two sets. Barf.

People should not be spreading false rumors about their spouses just to gain leverage of sorts and to paint themselves as victims. No ones going to believe them.

YOU BEAUTY YOU......... Please bring back the ear stud and wear a little jewelry 

Lovely tousled hair look

spacer.png

Edited by Nikki2021

Since I am unable to post additional pics in the prior post....

Amongst the shaven looks, looks nice and slightly bulked up here. The headgear looks great.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Civilian look pre 2016. Not sure of the timeframe 2013-2015 and must be prepping for some role. But how cool was this hair do on him. 

spacer.png

Edited by Nikki2021

Next in series. Outfits and fashion that I want femme versions of.. PRE 2016.... 

This is such a preppy outfit. It actually would wear better as he grows older

spacer.png

And this is like an Italian renaissance painting. Look at the shirt and man

spacer.png

Okay, this is simple but deep colors look good on him plus the collar and the chain and tiny bracelet. What happened?spacer.png

Very nice casual. Throw something over the underwear T-shirt

Spoiler

spacer.png

Can't get a better picture from this strange show. But this was one of his best business casual looks. He looked fresh, happy and the clothes were great and fit well - the b casual look works well for him. I believe this was 2015. 

Spoiler

spacer.png

Edited by 4evrkdrama
Please keep images/videos/Twitter embedded links more than 3 in spoiler tag. Thank you

People are saying that H Jianhua is very awkward in interviews. On the contrary if you look at his interviews and public interactions before April 2015, you will find that he was supremely confident and quite enjoyed public interactions. This guy actually moved countries for his career. From Taiwan to China. That's determination.

That "Happy Camp" thingie in March 2015 is testament to that. After that, his public interactions were very awkward and zoned out as if he was stressed out and uncomfortable. He just was never in the zone again. What happened after mid 2015 to cause this disengagement I wonder. Perhaps burn out and stress. Happens to the best of us.

Now it seems like this fellow changed his entire team post marriage. He basically handed his eggs over to his spouses company.

Now he is collaborating with spouse on some production. Why throw good money on bad stuff. Keep personal and professional lives separate. This is eroding the brand. Sometimes people get along personally but professionally they should never be together. 

Is he OK? Not sure what is going on.

Talking about a change in persona, look at these old swaggy videos of him. I mean, he isnt a boastful and loud character but has major subtle swag and confidence. Where did this swagster go? After that superb work in Ruyi which people world over are watching, his confidence should have multiplied. 

(PS: that gal is wearing amazing boots)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEChR3H-U1E&list=PL_al-Hw-A5Wssdghexnx0aGd6vkYG1v6z&index=3

Edited by Nikki2021

Looks like this thread is dead.................:sleepy:

Question 1  But am gonna throw it out there. Does anyone know his exact birth time? I want to draw up his astro chart and the generic data available + generalizations on astrology don't help. He has a pretty interesting personality type. Also, this flip in his life is even more interesting. 

For those who know astrology he is a Capricorn sun but what is his moon sign? Is it really Aries - could be but then his ascendant is a water sign but what is it. More likely the moon is Pisces, but then the true personality that is coming out loves colorful and flashy cars OR is that the Pisces ascendant absorbing the flash and ostentation around his family.

So please let me know what his birth time is. Will deconstruct.

- Okay, just initial glance. 3 strong strong love relationships in his life. Not talking about flings and short affairs. 

Question 2 Who is this lady? There are lots of pics of him with her. Is she his spouse's mother. If not why is she making him stand in awkward pictures with her.. And YAY he is finally wearing a nice shirt. Looks like cotton or linen and seems ironed. spacer.png.............................................................................................................................................

Edited by Nikki2021
Don't want too many posts

Just found this strange picture. I have no clue who most of these fellas are but it looks like a grand escape from a trailer park right from the clothes, teeth to the straggly head and facial hair.

HJ is still a tad bit cleaner than the other folks.

Is this like the new cast for the Chinese version of "breaking bad - trailer park".

spacer.png

If there is a Lord of the Rings casting call, Huo Jianhua should be first in the line. He would surely qualify for one of the most gorgeous male elves in the cast. 

I saw a picture with his feet. They are elegant and perfect. And please notice his ears. They are elven ears without the pointy tip. The sun actually shines through the cartilage. It's quite exquisite. How did he get those?

I need to ask Mama Huo - did you get blessings of Galadrial while you were carrying this boy? There is surely some fairy dust on him - the ears, the hands, the feet. Pass the secret onto the rest of us.

I can't seem to find some of the pictures I had seen earlier.

And hey, I just like things of beauty and rarity. 

One more thing to note is that this fellow has been consistently gorgeous. Yes his looks have evolved with age but right from the beginning he has been beautiful. This is nature given. If you look at his colleagues, Ruby, Joe and some of the male characters, they were pretty ordinary when they started out with truly whacked out teeth and odd features. Money and lots of intervention have helped them become beautiful but many are not naturally gorgeous. But Huo Jianhua has the nonchalant attitude towards his looks that spectacularly good looking people have. It's good. 

Edited by Nikki2021

• 2 weeks later...

It’s good that he lives in Taiwan these days, considering the purge of the entertainment industry in China. People being cancelled, attacked, harassed and wild rumors are taken as facts.

Taiwanese celebrities won’t have it easy there. One of them got cancelled, including her daughter, for congratulating Taiwanese athlete for winning gold in the olympics.

Edited by Psoravior

1 hour ago, Psoravior said:

It’s good that he lives in Taiwan these days, considering the purge of the entertainment industry in China. People being cancelled, attacked, harassed and wild rumors are taken as facts.

Taiwanese celebrities won’t have it easy there. One of them got cancelled, including her daughter, for congratulating Taiwanese athlete for winning gold in the olympics.

Pertinent point and am well aware of the massive purge and change happening in the film industry in China. It is related to the new strategic plan of the party. This actually started a few years ago. Messaging is critical and they do want to control the messaging that goes out through any forms of media. It is unfortunate for these artistes because AT present China is a huge market. However, the market for east Asian actors is also Japan, Indo China, Korea, Philippines and such. In this day of diversity they can also try North American markets. 

It is really unfortunate for them only because other major film and media blocks such as North America, India and the Anglosphere do not practice censorship and their artistes do not face such risks. I do hope artistes like Huo Jianhua are diversifying and tapping into new markets. He is still young and needs to start looking at other markets including North America. We have no idea what will happen in China in the next 10 years. There is too much churn.

I hope he has productively used his hiatus to explore other markets and languages.

Edited by Nikki2021

• 2 weeks later...

Of late, it looks like Huo Jianhua is trying to move away from the boyfriend fanbase that made up some of his earlier idol works. That is probably why his is doing works like Ruyi and moves with Indie film makers where he is not necessarily in an idol role. That is actually a good move. Even attempting to watch those idol dramas gives one a headache. 

From what I have seen, the boyfriend fan based is painfully obsessed with only their definition of good looks (teenage East Asian boy) and extremely dramatic acting. That is probably why this boyfriend fan base (BFB) did not like his work in Ruyi which was appreciated in countries that had access to it. This is a risky base. As soon as he shifts his choice of acting or ages (in their perception), they will jump ship even if they themselves grow older with him. I think he has now developed a strong fan base which is a combination of some of his prior fans who have grown up (in their heads atleast) and new fans. 

So good move HJ, but you need to do more of that. And disappearing while Scoobs builds out her business at your expense is not a great strategy. 

• 2 months later...

Guess who was traipsing around the streets of Taipei... Mr. Witchy Eyed Elf. Alas, we cannot see the rest of his face which is covered with a gratuitous face mask. Elf spotting...

Looking good.....

spacer.png

Edited by Nikki2021
picture

I found an old old video of this guy and what a BEAST he is...

An amazing actor, a badass singer, gorgeous, can play musical instruments and appears to be the nicest person...

Scoooooobs you mega destroyer of value.

The rest of us can only admire him.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1101058373290625

Edited by Nikki2021
Link