• Last Reply

I don't think it's good.

Because when girls with small chests wear deep v-necks,

it doesn't look great.

But if you really like it, buy it.

Just wear it with confidence. :)

Guest yumi-chu

Don't want to sound harsh or anything..

I just don't think small chests suits the deep v-neck top (judging from the pic) x.x;

It's looks alright but I wouldn't dig it.

Guest bubbLez

When a busted girl wears a v-neck it enchances her boobs and when a flat-chested girl wears a v-neck it emphasises her flatness (if that makes sense)

I think a good push-up bra + boob tube/under layer top with strings that you tie around your neck would be nicer and less obvious ;)

Alot of Hong Kong girls use to wear like a yellow T-shirt and then a purple under layer top so you could see the purple strings around the neck against the yellow to make it more interesting (I kinda do this when I wear low tops - don't really like the idea of people being able to see my bra :blink: )

I agree that you should wear with confidence...I know people say "if you've got it then flaunt it" so why not "flaunt" flatness B)

Guest rowiec

In my opinion it looks kinda bad.. It just makes it more obvious of what you lack and its just bad..

Ehh.. Just my opinion.

Guest chocomint11

Man, I don't understand this preoccupation with having big boobs. Personally, I wouldn't want bigger ones than the 34B/36A's that I have. I feel like they'd get in the way and be totally uncomfortable. And it would suck to have to run with big jugs...

One of the things I love about small-chested women, is when they wear loose fitting and deep cut tops. It looks so chic and effortless. And images of Keira Knightley in Atonement wearing that fantastic green dress come to mind. Then there's Natalie Portman wearing that breezy tank dress when she won a Golden Globe in '05, so pretty. And I feel like I've seen tons of tabloid pics of Kate Hudson and the Olsen twins in low v-neck tees out and about. Also, typically it's the small-chested women who make dresses with plunging necklines actually look classy, rather than skanky.

I love it, so I say GET THEM!

Agreed.

Especially in paparazzi shots, you often catch not-so-busty celebs looking incredibly chic in low cut tops. On the other hand, bigger boobs would give off the impression of "trashy" and "looky hereee i got booobbss".

Think Keira Knightly, Kate Hudson, Claire Danes, Kate Moss

small=classy big=sensual :]

Guest chickery

I actually think a smaller chest looks best with deep v's.

Larger chests just look obscene.

Agreed. I'd much rather see a deep V on an Olsen twin over Pamela Anderson.

Guest liimegreeen

Agreed. I'd much rather see a deep V on an Olsen twin over Pamela Anderson.

exactly. a small chest is chic. there's a reason you never see runway models with massive knockers.

Guest c.to_

i think i read this in a magazine one time ( seventeen mag) that smaller chested girls can rock v-necks better since it doesn't look so skanky. As above stated, when a bigger chested girl wears a v neck, it's can be ' too revealing'

Guest especially

I'm thinking about ordering a three pack of tri-blend deep v-neck from American Apparel.

I absolutely LOOOVE this style.

Thing is, I'm not sure if I can pull it off? (101lbs, 5'5, A)

My figure's pretty similar to the model's, except I have even more prominent collarbones.

EDIT: Thanks for the feedback everyone! I really appreciate it.

The votes are actually split pretty evenly right now. If over 50% of people vote the first two options, I'll definitely buy it.

I don't mind that the style's not everyone's cup of tea, but I don't want to get a bunch of :crazy: looks either.

(And to clarify, I don't look quuuite as flat-chested as the model. She's just not wearing a bra...)

I think it looks good. Honestly, most clothes were made for girls without curves anyway (just look at the runways, where all the looks originate from). I think the outfit would look MORE awkward if you had big boobs.

Guest Champagne*kisses

It sucks that people think you're skanky or slutty looking because you have a big chest, and I have a big chest :P

Anyways if ya like the shirt then get it, I think it looks fine on a small or big chest.

Guest Tofu_Cloud

101 pounds? 5'5? Wow your like almost perfect! I dont think u should wear it... its gonna enhance your flatness and ppl will even notice how flat u are even more.

Wait until your size B boobs and then wear it.. it will look good.

And dont wear heels cuz the taller u know and flat, and wear v-necks or low cut shirts the more awkward and worse it looks.

Guest robotshani

I personally think it looks really good. Those really deep V-neck shirts with a smaller chest like A-small C is what they were made for. I sometimes wish I were more flat chested so I could pull off certain looks. And to say that it just emphasizes the flatness making it look "unsexy" etc is total bull. It looks attractive in a more subtle way because you are still seeing skin but not some huge dusty gazongas all in your face[which I personally think is a bit TOO much at times]. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion, if you want the short don't let some dumb 'standards' hold you back. I say BUY IT! :D

Guest xoflora

I actually think that low cut tops look better

on smaller chested girls.

A larger chest would probably make

the top look a tad bit skanky if no tank top

is worn underneath.

I say you should go for it!

P.S. okay I just couldn't resist advertising my American Apparel survey a bit :P (link in sig)

I'm able to get wholesale prices, so the tri-blend v-necks are $11 each.

Guest le_briana

i do. i'm a 34A (sometimes 32B)

but it doesn't matter as long as you're comfortable wearing it.

for those who said it looks better with big boobs, i'd like to say this shirt embraces not-as-existent chested women.

deep v-necks and big boobs look slutty, not the latter

I like American Apparel's v-necks, they're sexy.

And to answer your question I think they work

well with smaller size frames. :D

Archived