Water Boys ウォーターボーイズ 워터보이즈 (2001)

Starring: Satoshi Tsumabuki, Aya Hirayama, Hiroshi Tamaki, Kaori Manabe

Director: Shinobu Yaguchi

Genre: Comedy, Sports, Juvenile

Runtime: 91mins

Production: Fuji Television Network, Dentsu, Altamira Pictures

Distribution: Toho, A-Line

Language: Japanese

Based on a true story, a group of young highschool boys get together to put on a show in their local highschool festival. Now, can the boys outshine the ladies in this sport? This comedy will definitely have you laughing throughout, and will prove to be one of the best Japanese movies of 2001.

Ninety-one minutes of wet Japanese boys: I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. For those that need further convincing, Waterboys is also richard simmons-funny. It's a simple story, about a boys' high school swim team. Team membership goes from one to fifty when the boys find their new coach is a girl, then back to five when she wants them to do synchronized swimming. Bummer. They'll be called nancies if they succeed, and losers if they don't. If you've ever tried to stay afloat with one leg in the air, you'll know how difficult synchro is. If you haven't, I suggest you try. Then you'll appreciate these boys in their quest, a quest which includes fish-flinging, dolphin fun, a transvestite geisha club, a flaming afro, and of course the main goal of teenage boys: teenage girls. Not all the boys are girl-mad, though: one is a maths geek, another strips down to a g-string to build up some muscle, while a third harbours a secret passion for another. This film is light years ahead of the average teen comedy. There's no moral lessons, no bad guys who get humiliated, and no parents: just five Japanese boys, some fish, some dolphins, and lots of water.

waterboyststh.jpg

SOURCE : ウォーターボーイズ

ウォーターボーイズ

ウォーターボーイズ

ウォーターボーイズ

ウォーターボーイズ

ウォーターボーイズ

Guest Aoijen

Yatta ne... I have this DVD original from my friend she give it to me and then I watch it I like it so very very FUNNY! :lol: I like it and I like this boy from Orange Days Satoshi Tsumabuki.... I have it DVD Orange Days so romantic and touching :lol::wub::wub:

Guest iiYeuYu

ack ! i loved this movie so much ! i remember i was swinging the hammock so that my brother would continue to sleep but i laughed so loud at one point that it nearly woke him up ! hahaha.

ahh... and the characters are all so lovable and funny. it was weird to later on watch azumi in which two of the characters from waterboys were these tough and serious characters. but yea, i loved waterboys so much !

Guest sweet_treats1812

oohhh~ this movie was hilarious!!! two of my friends recommended it to me and when i watched it, i got so hooked! the fact that tsumabuki is in it gives it an added plus!!! :lol::lol::lol:

these guys were amazing..synchronized swimming does NOT look easy!

• 6 months later...
Guest hatsawoo

Yes it's very funny! I know there is another movie called Waterboys 2005 / Waterboys finale

Do you know any clubbox where I can download it? thanks

Guest AddiCOFFEE

I heard a lot about this movie, and finally

got the chance to see it. lol it surpassed my

expectation. Totally hilarious! ~Watch it!

Guest s0urp@tchk!d

oh maaaan this was the FIRST EVER jmovie i watched. and fell in love with satoshi tsumabuki HEHE.

one word guys:

fire.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. omg i still can't stop laughing @ that scene.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sweetshelly

I read all of your positive comment on how its funny. I want to give it a try. I was going to watch 1 liter of Tear but then I thought I don't want to cry my eyes out right now. Is there any other great drama out there beside these two. I am currently watching My Boss My Hero.

Guest crazyMuka

This movie is hysterical, I never laughed so much at a Jmovie before xD. A little advice though, you should not watch this right after or together with the drama because it will not be as funny. I watched the movie right after the drama, and just felt that the movie wasn't as funny at all. However, after like half a year, I picked up the movie again (the 1st time I could not even finish it) and totally entirely fully LOVED it (I still do love it actually). It's sort of strange, but yea, do try to give a little time in between the two - drama and movie. Satoshi was so adorable in this movie, and so is Hiroshi, hahah... and yea, FIRE... that scene was hilarious, esp. w/ Hiroshi, ack ack :D. Highly recommended if you want a light-hearted youth comedy.

Guest boatswain

This movie sounds fun. And of course, almost naked hawt japanese boys (TAMAKI HIROSHI DROOL). Anyone have a link to download?

Absolutely love this movie. I was laughing until I was crying and it's the same way no matter how many time I saw it. A great performance by Satoshi Tsumabuki.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest lilyphilia.

i love this movie!!

it's so frekain' hilarious!! i already watchd it a couple of times and the antics never get old!!

tamaki hiroshi & satoshi tsumabuki are super duper hot!! :wub:

Archived