How do you lose appetites?

prechuz_azn

Guest babymicky

drink water, chew gum.

or think about how fat you'd be if you ate more.

or think about bloody french revolution.

or this horror movie where the girl slowly, painfully died of food poisoning.

hahahaha but who can resist a chef's cooking? :)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hunny

There's a very disgusting thread in GEneral discussion.

Check it out.

It's about a pic of 2 fingers, that is photoshopped(probably) and it makes me feel bad for a few hours.

Guest swtlilazn

ppl say water is the best way to goo...ahaha, fill ur stomach up until u bloat=p ...I think the best way to solve it is to like...'not care' coz the more u worry abt it, the more conscious u'll get then u'll start restricting urself from certain foods and go on a major binge which is a big no no!. >.<

lol...wen in doubt, drink water...haah, and occupy urself with sport or get active, like go shopping, etc. that way u'll forget abt food and concentrate on sumthing else =P

Guest xKiwi

I had the same situation as you before as my dad is a chef and everything on the dinner table was so yummy! (and i always ate ALOT) but now i realised the effects on my body so now i eat more vegetables and after dinner instead of dessert i eat fruit like avocardo's, apples ect. and drink plenty of water! A 2 litre bottle keeps me hydrated throughout the day.

Guest Maia-X3

I totally understand. My dad is also a chef and my mom loves cooking... so it's a really bad combo. :( These days I eat ALL the time... like every 2 hours..... I go off and snack.. it's so bad. :(

What you do is, you buy loads of bottles of water. When you feel hungry or for a snack, you just substitute it for water. Just drink a whole gulp of it so it fills you up.

So not only do you fill your appetite BUT you also making your body healthy. :)

I could never snack on fruits. *faints* But water, I can do. :)

Guest miss adorablexd

omg mee too! all i do ti seat eat eat but im trying to watch out what i eat now, im balancing my food out or w.e like even out your meals

Guest 1.2nv

hm, i heard brush your teeth often, it makes you feel like you've already eaten

don't skip breakfast, i dunno if you do

drink grapefruit juice, it makes you feel full and supresses your appetite

eat slower, like eat a bite, and put your eating utensil down and chew, this allows your brain to register exactly when you are full

and of course drink LOTS of water and exercise.

oh yeah, and eat whole grain foods, your body takes longer to digest it, so you feel fuller for longer

Guest suki_*

chef dad right here too....

i have to stop eating so much but the food is just so good!

i drink alot of water and just eat things with less salt and sugar and oil. lol

Guest xCookies

yeah I know what you mean..My dad is a chef too :sweatingbullets:

yeah he cooks,I eat..me get fatter :tears:

Not really a cow then just iinfluence for me bubut my mum tells him to cook less 'grand' meals for me and my sis and bro. :phew:

But just excercise more..it really helps :P

• 4 weeks later...
Guest cakesniffer

right before you eat something, look at a picture of a model or something. it kind of works for me. and if you do eat, keep your stomach sucked in/flexed for the whole time. my friend did this for a year and she has a perfectly flat stomach..

Guest donchajane

i would drink alot of water, but still doesnt curb my appetite. if i want to snack on something, i make myself do 20 jumping jacks..... usually makes my hunger go away.

but the earlier posts suggesting watching nasty stuff may work too, though that's good for taking your mind off of anything :)

Guest chocolate//

i have an uncontrollable appetite too

i'm trying to lose some weight right now so i can fit into my bridesmaid dress :)

when i feel like eating i just take a nap XD haha it really works

and i exercise at home (treadmill/exercise bike) .. i don't feel like eating after. don't want all that hard work to go waste :P

or you could go outside..watch a movie, go to the mall. distract yourself from the cravings haha :P

Guest finalheaven

watch or look at something that grosses you out. for me whenever i see someone throw up, whether it be on tv or in real life i can't eat for the whole day. yuck.

Guest crystal_clover

Ooooo, lucky! ^___^ Nice to have someone at home who makes delicious food.

If you want to lose weight, you need perserverance and determination.

Guest azuGurl

Ahahha, I can only think of a short-term solution.

Last weekend, I bummed at a friends house and we didn't eat till 9pm. So there, I ate nothing from 7am-9pm, but by that time my stomach was so numb I didn't feel hungry at all.

After that it takes me around 4 days to gain my appetite back.

Archived