Recommendations For Awesome Japanese Dramas/series

Guest ma99ie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Paulina Morán

I haven't watched a lot of Japanese dramas, because I'm like you (too many Korean dramas) but I watched Mirai Nikki (future diary) and I really liked it; it's funny, it has romance and action. I finished it really quickly ^^

And I see this is also good, but it's more romantic. I don't know what you prefer more: The Liar and his lover (Kanojo Wa Uso O Aishisugiteru Side Story ~ Boku To Kanojo Deau mae No Monogatari~) But there are only 10ep of 10min each. It's because they serve as an intruction for the movie.

Good Luck!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi :)

Buzzer beat for sure...Pride...Virgin road...Sapuri...Zenkai girl...Majo no jouken...Glass no le

​the reason i love Namie's song Can you Celebrate.. hahahahah

yeah, can't go wrong with Hanakimi and Nodame.. both are gems.. here's something interesting for anyone who had watched Hana Yori Dango (season 2)... the guy who played the bad guy in the 1st eps of season 2, plays Nakatsu in Hanakimi.. 

but atm i'm watching  Tenno no Ryoriban and Flowers for Algernon.. the starting is interesting enough... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi :)

Buzzer beat for sure...Pride...Virgin road...Sapuri...Zenkai girl...Majo no jouken...Glass no le

​the reason i love Namie's song Can you Celebrate.. hahahahah

default_smile.png.1a17920c0f0ac6da5e6bf8 you're right...great song...i like it too

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I watched many japanese dramas and the list i like to share are mostly detective/mystery/thriller..some times romantic,comedy...

Dos Deka  I completed all episodes..and are eng subbed.Its comedy and mystery..i loved it..

Minami kun no Koibito: My Little Lover This is romantic and comedy..I liked it.better than previous versions.

From Five to Nine is another i like very much.romantic and comedy.lightly melodramtic in last episodes but overall 9/10.(5ji kara 9ji made).

Okitegami Kyoko no Biboroku is another detective story i like much,it is unique in style and has all episodes eng subbed.

Ishi no Mayu has only 5 eps and ok for a mystery and crime even though i dont like acting much.

Ishitachi no Renai Jijou is medical and romantic drama.Its too cheesy..but i liked it..

Ouroboros is a revenge drama but well written and i like it.8/10.

the above are completed and has english subtitles.Im currently following Keishichou Zero gakari,Himura Hideo no Suiri,Designer Baby,Yamaneko the Phantom Thief...Since each episode ends and no continuation of mystery than plot i wait for episode to air...

I completed almost all dramas in Detective,mystery,crime,thriller,suspense in JDrama category..

• 8 months later...

Tantei (detective) series: Galileo I, Keizoku 2: SPEC, Border, Boss 

Josei (women's romance): Densha Otoko, Last Cinderella, Hotaru no Hikari, Rich Man,Poor Woman

Thriller: Mozu (political), General Rouge no Gaisen (medical)

Shoujo (girls' romance): Nobuta wo Produce, Mischievous Kiss: Love in Tokyo

Fantasy suspense: Nazo no Tenkosei, xxxHolic

Slice of life: River's Edge Ookawabata Tanteisha, Mahoro Eki Mae Bangaichi

Food: Shinya Shokudou, Kodoku no Gourmet 

So far I only watched Around 40 in its entirety because I found high school dramas tiresome and I want a capable older female protagonist. I also kind of like  ' it's not that I can't marry, it's that I don't want to' because I find an older woman reuniting with an old high school crush to be cute.

These are only for people who likes older women and younger men relationships, smart capable women protagonists and humor.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2016 at 1:32 AM, halfmoonsmile said:

So far I only watched Around 40 in its entirety because I found high school dramas tiresome and I want a capable older female protagonist. I also kind of like  ' it's not that I can't marry, it's that I don't want to' because I find an older woman reuniting with an old high school crush to be cute.

These are only for people who likes older women and younger men relationships, smart capable women protagonists and humor.

For capable older female protagonist, I recommend Saigo Kara Nibanme no Koi. It also has an SP and a sequel. The leads have fantastic chemistry and the dialogue is witty and smart.

Archived