Shonen Jump vs Tokyo Pop

LucasBunny

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Shonen Jump... because they have Yu-Gi-Oh!... and hold Shonen Jump Championships x]

Manga-wise, I can't decide on which one.

Guest J*C*

Well, considering how Tokyo Pop killed Initial D in the states, im gonna have to say i like shonen jump.

Guest disgruntled_ricecooker

Doesn't really make sense to put a few titles in one company's specific label (Shonen Jump = Viz) against another's entire catalog (Tokyopop). I have a preference for Viz because most of the manga I have are from them.

Guest Take Five

kind of a strange comparison, like ricecooker said, but i'll go with shonen jump. although tokyopop also has a ton of manga i've been interested in too...

Guest simpleandpink

I love Tokyopop, but I seem to be buying more of Shojo/Shojo Beat [My brother is the one who has like fifty million Shonen Jump...]

Guest tifachan

Tokyo pop since it has a lot more variety. :]

VIZ isn't that bad either....but that's irrelevant here. xD

Guest .:daRkwinGs:.

they are two different things cause shonon jump is about boys and tokyo pop is bascially more about girls...so they each have there own things but to prefer...i prefer shonon jump..cause i've been a big fan of it...ahaha.

Guest madeinktown

you can't really compete about which you like more. they both have their own style. not to mention there's more than just viz and tokyo pop. there's also del ray that does school rumble and pastel. if they all did the same projects, then you could compare. other than that, it's just based on what manga you like reading.

Guest lilazn1004

i like both~~ but yah, i prefer tokyopop cuz more of the anime i like is from tokyopop keke

I'm more of a shonen fan, so I have to go with Viz. Tokyopop just irritates me sometimes, especially with how they Westernize a lot of their titles. But then again, Viz has equally bad dubs so I guess they have their good and bads.

• 1 month later...

Archived