Scouted?

Guest omgit'sme

Guest dubledeath

you know the poor girl that commited suicide from BOF (God bless her... RIP!) ?

i THINK she MIGHT, just MAYBE have been scouted by people like this... into those small unknown, creepy companies.

i wouldn't trust these scouts unless they're those big, safe companies (SM, JYP, YG, DSP, BROTHERS, AVEX, etc)

be careful everybody!

God bless~ :)

-Anthony

. . .

No. Jang Ja Yun was contracted under a pretty big entertainment company. And that's what it was, an entertainment company. They even had a big office building that they supposedly used as an 'entertainment facility' for the high-ups whenever they visited. Meaning Jang Ja Yun was the entertainer. Ick.

The majority of the scams we've been 'scouted by' were modeling agencies. Totally different. These agencies don't contract you. First they scout you, then you walk into their doors and sign a certain contract, then you pay them thousands of dollars to have your picture professionally taken and put into a catalog for REAL modeling companies to hire you. Emphasis on the REAL. Emphasis on the difference between AGENCY and COMPANY. Emphasis on the SCAM. lol

And to answer someone else's question, they used to simply walk around a section of the mall to ask random/attractive people to join. Now they've progressed to setting up 2 kiosks and having crews of people trying to convince you to join. It's rather disturbing how many people fall for it too...

Anyways, don't be making random/gossip-making connections. Jang Ja Yun's death would be even more terrible if it was because she made the poor choice of accepting a scam. Fact of the matter is that she was under a real label, it just turned out that the label was real bad...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ithinkitslove

lols i went to the jyp concert (in oc) and this korean lady gave me this card with the jyp audition stuff on it and she said "the jyp auditions are soon so come okay?" and i was like O_O "okay..." LOLS i didnt go though :P

Guest mspop

i got scouted at six flags

by this one company that

host shows for teens and stuff o-O

i dont remember(x

but they came up to me and

asked me to sign up and took

a photo of me.

after that they called like 5 times

asking me to come audition

because they liked my "look"

but i didnt because it was too far away :T

. . .

No. Jang Ja Yun was contracted under a pretty big entertainment company. And that's what it was, an entertainment company. They even had a big office building that they supposedly used as an 'entertainment facility' for the high-ups whenever they visited. Meaning Jang Ja Yun was the entertainer. Ick.

The majority of the scams we've been 'scouted by' were modeling agencies. Totally different. These agencies don't contract you. First they scout you, then you walk into their doors and sign a certain contract, then you pay them thousands of dollars to have your picture professionally taken and put into a catalog for REAL modeling companies to hire you. Emphasis on the REAL. Emphasis on the difference between AGENCY and COMPANY. Emphasis on the SCAM. lol

And to answer someone else's question, they used to simply walk around a section of the mall to ask random/attractive people to join. Now they've progressed to setting up 2 kiosks and having crews of people trying to convince you to join. It's rather disturbing how many people fall for it too...

Anyways, don't be making random/gossip-making connections. Jang Ja Yun's death would be even more terrible if it was because she made the poor choice of accepting a scam. Fact of the matter is that she was under a real label, it just turned out that the label was real bad...

OH O__O

well i made it clear i was just guessing, ahha X3

anyways... i think SM is pretty safe.

i'm not aiming to be in any other company and even if i do get scouted, i'll probably have to audition again o.O

:D

God bless~ :)

-Anthony

Guest hojyoo

@hojyoo

whoa your dancing is really good, the moves are tight and i could feel the energy

thanks for posting up something for us to evaluate! you're the only one who did that :)

anyway, thanks to everyone for their experiences! I'd always wondered if "being scouted" was a real thing lol.

feel free to post more

Guest mspop

@hojyoo

whoa your dancing is really good, the moves are tight and i could feel the energy

thanks for posting up something for us to evaluate! you're the only one who did that :)

anyway, thanks to everyone for their experiences! I'd always wondered if "being scouted" was a real thing lol.

feel free to post more

haha thx... feel free to give me constructive criticisms and songs i should try dancing to.

did you mean to comment on some one elses dancing?

or did you comment on your own dancing? o-O;; Lol

Guest hojyoo

did you mean to comment on some one elses dancing?

or did you comment on your own dancing? o-O;; Lol

lol it was a quote/reply, but i guess i didnt copy paste it right XD

and no...i wouldnt coment on myself....

Guest omgit'sme

^ haha no, he was trying to quote my reply and i guess something screwed up

he was trying to reply to my comment on his dancing

LOL that'd be funny if he was just having a conversation with himself xD

ah, sorry i didn't see that he already replied, i'm too slow

Guest chemical9

i was scouted several times online, and even in a mall. lol. i don't usually pay much attention to these things because obviously, most of them are scams. but once, i received this really long invitation from a company. apparently, they were browsing through my profile and thought i had "potential to be part of their family". lol. he said something along that line. he also attached a link to that mail, and it turned out to be real. so i asked my parents if i could at least try it out, but my dad didn't really like the idea. so i gave that up. it wasn't really that well known though. lol.

this may not have anything related to korean companies or whatever but since you're asking if you've ever been "scouted" then i'll just say whatever...

okay, well i'm not really sure about this modeling agency but the names seems pretty well known? and i'm pretty sure some people have either heard

of it or seen it? anyways, well my bro signed up for this thing years ago for "JOHN CASABLANCAS". its a supposely well know modeling agency

that has supposely helped some well known celebrities to become what they are now. but the thing is they want you to give them like $1000 in order to

seal the deal and train you. my bro didn't really care for it too and shrugged it off. so a couple of years later one of my friends was training under that

agency. and they also asked for $1000 up front. i don't think she went that far with that company since i haven't heard of any recent news of it since.

and so just recently i got this email from the same agency asking me to give them a call and what not. so i'm kind of suspicious of this agency. i know that

agencies that ask you for money up front aren't really going to help you and some of them are just scams. so i'm just wondering if anyones heard of

this from JOHN CASABLANCAS and if they've ever tried it out, how was it?

Guest omgit'sme

umm I've never heard of it but be careful if they ask you for money first.

Talent agencies are supposed to get __% of your money after you start making money and getting jobs because of them, they're not supposed to ask for money up front. If they really liked you they would be happy to represent you and it should be for free because in the long-run they get that money back after you get noticed.

but i dunno. sorry, i know you wanted to hear from people who tried it but i think it's most likely a scam and don't want you to waste so much money

Guest buzyb33

idk if i should be posting this, but my friend (who is not asian) was shopping downtown Toronto and she got scouted by an agent of this big name modeling agency. This was about 4 years ago. So she accepted their offer and she's been modeling ever since. She's down some runway stuff for fashion week in Toronto, has some pics in magazines like flare, etc.

Guest omgit'sme

wow that's so awesome!

i'm really glad things worked out for her especially after hearing so many stories about scams and everything

Guest XIAHT!C

i was scouted through cyworld once xD

i used to post a lot of my pictures on celebrity cyworlds and stuff just to show like I'M YOUR FAN!

it was some korean company that had a few okay actresses, but i wasn't interested in that kind of stuff then (i was 12. now i regret it) so i just told them that i wasn't into it. TT_TT

Guest Sweet_Asian819

Like a lot of people on this thread.

Was scouted at the mall.

Scam.

Yeah >___>

The flyer those scouts gave me was sooooooooooooooo fake and they talked fake too -_-;;

Guest Mentos

I got scouted at the beach during my summer vacation... when I was in 1st grade =)... a week before our family moved to Korea -.-.

Model agency-- Gap Kids.

I was actually lost, looking for my parents and this guy with a camera approaches me and asks me if he could speak with my parents.

Guest sjbbsdancex3

i've heard of john casablancas before

and i've seen it a lot in the back of Seventeen magazines

its a scam

you have to pay TONS of money just to get into the program

umm I've never heard of it but be careful if they ask you for money first.

Talent agencies are supposed to get __% of your money after you start making money and getting jobs because of them, they're not supposed to ask for money up front. If they really liked you they would be happy to represent you and it should be for free because in the long-run they get that money back after you get noticed.

but i dunno. sorry, i know you wanted to hear from people who tried it but i think it's most likely a scam and don't want you to waste so much money

no, thats okay thanks for replying though :sweatingbullets:

and yeah thats what made me suspicious of this agency. because once you start making your own money the agency will eventually start getting paid.

i've heard of john casablancas before

and i've seen it a lot in the back of Seventeen magazines

its a scam

you have to pay TONS of money just to get into the program

oh, really? thanks, for the info. yeah, from this i can tell its really just a scam now. i felt bad for people who actually feel into their trap.

i think my friend paid $1000 too up front before quiting it O_o.

Guest audacity

well i've been scouted in the mall by those people with the kiosks to be a model, but it was all a scam xD

and JYP scouts actually came to my high school (it's a pretty big one with lots of koreans). these two guys i know (both swimmers) got scouted to be models. i don't know if they auditioned though.

Guest omgit'sme

well i've been scouted in the mall by those people with the kiosks to be a model, but it was all a scam xD

and JYP scouts actually came to my high school (it's a pretty big one with lots of koreans). these two guys i know (both swimmers) got scouted to be models. i don't know if they auditioned though.

hey would you mind telling me what high school you go to? i'm assuming you live in new york but i may be wrong. anyway if you think it's too personal of a question you can just ignore me haha. i wanna have an idea of the types of schools they go to, is it an art school?

Archived