Shopping In Vietnam

Guest sushi09

Guest xxesmyxx

I have a question about the etude house products in vietnam... are they the original ones and are they the same ones like in Korea? cause vietnam has a lot of fake stuffs and one have to be really careful... there are more fake stuff than original...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Crystal1010

has anyone been to Da Nang???? Everyone seems to go to Saigon and HCMC... I'm going there in christmas, stopping by hk for 2 days but does anyone know if there's anything good in da nang?

Saigon is HCMC ^_^

thankyou mimiu_bong_erisa^_^

Question

Does anyone know where to get circle lenses or colour contacts (EOS, Geo's etc.) in Hanoi ?

I know 3 places: Glasses store on Giang Vo Street; Trang Tien Plaza and Vickydinh on Pham Hong Thai Street (here is the website: www.vickydinh.com). Hope this will help you! ^_^

Guest krystleee

Heey, second time posting here! xD

I'm going back to Vietnam with my mum in 2 months and have been accumulating a list of things I want to buy..^^;;

I was wondering if anyone knew where you can buy wigs/hair extensions in HCMC? Since I'm looking for a wig for my cosplay xD;

If you guys know any good tailors that would be appreciated too, haha. : D

I found Vietnam is really good for shopping though, last year when I went in December I bought quite a lot.. my suitcase looked so fat.. xD

Although I got stared at A LOT when i went out, especially with my parents and sister since my mum is Vietnamese and my dad is Australian they seemed so fascinated? o.o

The people were really friendly and understanding of my bad Vietnamese skills too ^^;

Guest Milk--

^ Yes, I would like to know any good places that sell wigs/hair extensions and also good places for tailor in Saigon though.

I'm going next week and I'm super excited :)

If anybody also know any good shopping places in Saigon as well, do share with me :)

• 1 month later...
Guest angels.disguise

I have a question about the etude house products in vietnam... are they the original ones and are they the same ones like in Korea? cause vietnam has a lot of fake stuffs and one have to be really careful... there are more fake stuff than original...

Sorry if this reply is late. Go to the official etude house website and look up

the address of their vietnam locations. There should be 2 or three located in

Hanoi and Saigon. They are definitely 100% authentic.

Guest Hearted

I'm going as well for summer this year (to Saigon/Ho Chi Minh). I have a few questions..

• Pricing for Etude House, The Face Shop, etc in VN and then korean dollars (or a difference of exactly how expensive it is)
  • Is it worth buying from Etude House, etc there? Or would it just be a big rip off compared to just ordering it via online (ex. $18 for a Skinfood BB cream).
  • Pricing for the spa there? I want to try those fish that eat your dead skin on your feet.
  • I'm also interested in real/fake extensions there
  • Any cosmetic stores there? I mean like the real ones they have in HK (Colourmix).
  • Will I be able to find things like My Beauty Diary masks?
  • Japanese cosmetics there...expensive or priced right?

-

On a side note, I remember going there before and I was in a big super store. I think my cousin bought a etude house lipstick? Do they sell them in a super store? I don't feel like packing a lot because then um... I just want to just buy stuff over there to bring back because it's hella cheap (thought no quality for clothes). I'm not going to complain because it's where you find it. In hope I can get a reply out of anyone.. lol.

Guest yummyO

even though i havent been back there in 9 years, but i think that you could get cheaper cosmetics and asian fashion online then in VN. because it is very expensive to import foreign products to vn, include the profits the seller trying to make, any foreign imported products are pretty pricy. the only cheap things you could buy there are anything that are made with in the country

• 2 months later...
Guest Bakakuman

I'm Vietnamese!!!

for Japanese related items, you can visit: http://truyen.vnsharing.net/G/13769?l=http%3a%2f%2ftruyen.vnsharing.net%2f

or http://truyen.vnsharing.net/G/13769?l=http%3a%2f%2fvnsharing.net%2fforum%2f

It's all about of Japan, manga, anime!!

Guest j.nguyen

I love shopping in VN<3 But I haven't been home in years.

Here's what I do when I want to buy imported goods in VN:

1. Go to 123mua.vn

2. Go through multiple webpages and search for your items.

3. Keep a record of those webpages and your items.

4. Call/Chat with the shop owners (their phone numbers and addresses are located on the item page).

5. Instruct them to either ship or bring the item to your house.

It's actually 95% a good method, having used it before myself. I've ordered clothes from Naning9, taobao, Mix-style headphones, etc., all legit.

• 2 months later...
Guest berriipink

i went shopping in VN like 3 years ago i think, and my parents bargained so much >_< , it was funny, but im so mad that i didn't buy all the good fashion and stuff since i was a youngster who didn't know about the asian fashion. i wish i went to etude house back then to get makeup. but i want to go again, it was fun, even though there was a lot of fakes

• 2 weeks later...
Guest J'adore

I'm going to VN next week! I went last year in July.

I wanted to know where I can buy circle lenses from, I have bought some circles lenses last time in VN but they aren't the fancy ones that people on Soompi have. It's really expensive to buy it where I live (AUS), $40-50AUD for a pair whereas last time I bought circle lenses from the Optom Shop in NowZone (one of my fav malls) for ~380,000 dong.

Also where can I buy Skin Food? I am not going to Da Lat. Staying within HCMC and going on tour to Thailand and Cambodia.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest matiamo

I'm going to VN next week! I went last year in July.

I wanted to know where I can buy circle lenses from, I have bought some circles lenses last time in VN but they aren't the fancy ones that people on Soompi have. It's really expensive to buy it where I live (AUS), $40-50AUD for a pair whereas last time I bought circle lenses from the Optom Shop in NowZone (one of my fav malls) for ~380,000 dong.

Also where can I buy Skin Food? I am not going to Da Lat. Staying within HCMC and going on tour to Thailand and Cambodia.

I think u just can buy Skin Food at HCMC cuz i know Da Lat City doesn't have Skin Food store.

Guest J'adore

I think u just can buy Skin Food at HCMC cuz i know Da Lat City doesn't have Skin Food store.

Where? Cause I heard the opposite that only Da Lat has it..

Guest J'adore

Where? Cause I heard the opposite that only Da Lat has it..

does anyone know where to buy the majorica mascara in hcmc? i got one in thailand watsons but i didnt buy a spare and now I really want to buy another.

• 7 months later...
Guest cheesypuffkins

So I'm going to Vietnam this August of 2012, because my parents beat me out for choosing our vacation destination, haha. I wanted to go to South Korea because I'm in love with KPop (super junior! kyuhyun!) and i've already been to vietnam twice, albeit it was a long time ago.

So to make up for it, I'm going to try to accomplish all my Korean/Japanese Skincare and Cosmetics purchases in Vietnam!

Does anybody have any recommendations for finding Korean and Japanese brand cosmetics in Vietnam, or maybe some great Vietnamese skincare lines too? Asian women have the best skin, and i'm also hearing about Korean and Japanese brands but I've never heard of any famous VN brands.

The brands of skincare/cosmetics I'm looking for include, but aren't limited to: Lioele, The Face Shop, SkinFood, Laneige, Banila & Co. (I'm really searching for them! They seem to be totally AWOL online), Juju Aquamoist (JPN), Missha, Cure (JPN), innisfree, Etude House, Mamonde, Tony Moly, etc. If anybody knows of any good local vietnam brands, please let me know.

From reading these other threads, apparently I can get some of these cosmetics at Diamond Plaza, Parkson, An Dong, Saigon Square and Vincom. But I'm not really clear as to which brands i can find here? If someone can provide addresses or specific places and details about where I can get these things, then I'd be eternally grateful! Thank you guys so much!

Also: if someone knows where I can get some Super Junior stuff in Vietnam, that'd be a great bonus, haha! I'm such a huge ELF and I'm looking forward to my vacation to buy cosmetics, skincare, and cute clothes and kpop stuff!

Archived