[drama 2005] Rosy Life 장미빛 인생

purpletiger86

This drama will be ending for us here in the US probably this week. Everyone's acting is superb in here. Nam Goong Min came out really funny in here and the scenes with Lee Tae Ran were my favorite. Choi Jin Shil did a great job, and so did the actor who played her husband. It is definitely a drama I will get once out on dvd.

Oh, and Nam Goong Min comes out in Ep. 12.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest yujah52

Youngje should go out with Ji Baksa...^__^ I know she's afraid of getting hurt again, but you never know how it will turn out if you don't give that person a chance.

I'm not quite sure what episode number I watched tonight but it was the episode where Dr. Gi and Youngie finally kissed. Aaaahh, loved that scene. And the scene in the end where the husband tell Soonie that there's nothing he can do for her....that was just soo sad. I don't know if I can last in such a sad situation. This drama is so good and I love all the character except that sister-in-law. Someone needs to slap her hard!!! :angry:

KXLA in SoCal is doing injustice to this show by editing so much out.

Last Thursday, the show ended 14:49 into ep. 20 and last night's (1/18) episode ended 34:40 into ep. 22. The way it's going, this drama might conclude on KXLA tonight.

This show didn't end this week, but it'll be ending next week for sure. Thursday night's episode (1/19) ended 20 minutes into ep. 23 when Soonie said goodbye to her mother.

Guest bubblieri

woww......when i saw that my local korean station was subbing this....i didn't watch it. (i was seriously busy with school at the moment and didn't want to try and commit myself to more than one kdrama).

but i just happened to watch one of the middle episodes....i thought i was going to turn off the tv....but no!!! i was so captivated!!! especially the scene where soonyi (i'm new to their names so excuse me >.<) realizes her sister knew she was dating a married man. the crying was so emotional!!

and all the reviews here and ratings are supporting my take that this is actually a great drama!!! especially for a mini one (is that what it's called?).

i'm glad i found out that the main character dies....i need to prepare myself T-T but thanks for all the info you guys!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest catchthesky.

This is like the saddest drama ever man. omgsh, my eyes were pratically blown up after I watched this... If you ever feel heartbroken and feel like your life is unworthy for you... watch this. you'll be thankful for what you have... T____T

Seriously, I was bawling at the end. My baby sister was staring at me like O__O!! cause I was like screaming, while crying.. Hahha, scary moment. lols, anyways this is one of my most favorite drama. :]

• 2 months later...
Guest Galchi

I think this drama will soon air here in Philippines and based on the teaser, it was said as the highest rating drama of 2005.

So I am quite curious about this show because of how it is being promoted here

• 4 weeks later...

Rosy Life coming to Philippines this October

So excited to see this drama and I think I will cry a lot from this show

based on the pics that I just saw on the website

• 2 weeks later...

This drama will be ending for us here in the US probably this week. Everyone's acting is superb in here. Nam Goong Min came out really funny in here and the scenes with Lee Tae Ran were my favorite. Choi Jin Shil did a great job, and so did the actor who played her husband. It is definitely a drama I will get once out on dvd.

Oh, and Nam Goong Min comes out in Ep. 12.

Jess hun, thanks for the heads up on when NGM's first show up in Rosy Life..haha..

I was patiently waiting for his entrance and he didn't fail me.

Simply love and adore his character as Ji BakSa! <33333

He's so kind-hearted, easy-going, smart, witty, silly at times, and most of all, he's seriously in love with Youngie (Lee Tae Ran's character). And that last appearance of him and LTR (episode 24) is my favorite <3

Love love love NGM in here.

It's great to see him happy in Rosy Life, unlike in One Fine Day...:lol:

"Rosy life" is such a great drama. I didn't regret a single thing about renting the DVD, and watched it 4 days straight. It's one of those drama that bring you the joy of life, the up-and-down, the problems, the friendship, relationship, and not to mention, all the casts are superb!

There's that life lesson behind it also, in which I think Sohn Hyun Joo potrayed it quite nicely.

Choi Jin Sil as Sungie, she's such a tough woman and almost saint-like.

And I just love the way she forgave her husband unconditionally.

Highly recommended drama!

Guest Galchi

Wow based on those comments posted on this show

Im so excited to watch it for it will be shown here on Oct 16

It will replaced LSIH, thank god :w00t:

Saw the trailer of this drama, seems rili rili nice drama, think its gonna make me cry buckets, still thinking if im gonna download this or buy at divisoria

Guest Hae_Won

A Rosy Life premieres on Monday!

Article posted October 13, 2006

Original article in Filipino: http://www.igma.tv/article.php?articleid=7632

English translation:

The latest Korean drama called A Rosy Life will start on Monday. This is the story of a housewife, and this was the leading drama series in Korea. A Rosy Life will replace Love Story in Harvard.

Source: iGMA.tv

English translation by: Da A of starkoreans

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'A Rosy Life' on GMA primetime

English translation:

In the tradition of top-rating series Stairway to Heaven and Endless Love, a new drama will yet inspire and make the viewers cry while watching on primetime television A Rosy Life. Hailed as the No. 1 Heavy Drama of Korea (2005) and second to My Name is Kim Sam Soon in the Over-all Top Korean Dramas (2005), this series will start this Monday (October 16).

No other koreanovela can be as heart-warming as A Rosy Life which is the story of Betsy (Choi Jin-shil), a housewife who was left by her husband to be with another woman. That was the start of her endless hardships.

Honesty and issues concerning women, as well as love and marriage, can be seen in this series. The viewers, especially wives and mothers, will surely be able to relate with A Rosy Life and Betsy will serve as their inspiration.

Betsy sacrificed her youth to take care of her father, who started drinking heavily after her mother abandoned them when she was ten years old. She gave up her studies to earn money for the education of her two younger siblings. She got married to Ramon (Son Hyun-ju), who's five years younger than her, and they had two children. When her husband fell in love with a beautiful and divorced woman, he demanded her for a divorce on the night of their tenth year wedding anniversary.

Viewers will surely cry in the scenes of A Rosy Life and will admire Betsy's strength. A Rosy Life can be watched from Monday to Friday beginning October 16, replacing Love Story in Harvard right after Bakekang on GMA Telebabad.

Source: BALITA

Showbiz, page 10

Monday, October 16, 2006

English translation by: Da A of starkoreans

Guest limecrafted

hmmm.... it's a drama series... don't want series which are too heartbreaking... it makes me cry a lot.. :tears:

oh well... let's just see... seems like an interesting series... :)

Archived