[drama 2005] Rosy Life 장미빛 인생

purpletiger86

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nep13tune

Final episode of “My Rosy Life” records viewership of 41.5%

November 11, 2005

The KBS series “My Rosy Life” ended Nov. 10 with its final episode recording a nationwide viewership of 41.5 percent.

The series ended with its main character, Maeng Sun-yi (played by Choi Jin-sil) going on a honeymoon trip with her husband, Ban Sung-mun (played by Sohn Hyun-ju), and quietly dying there.

“My Rosy Life” is a story about a housewife whose husband has an extramarital affair. Later, when she is diagnosed with stomach cancer, her family finally realizes what she means to them.

Some viewers posted requests to “save” Sun-yi’s life, but the series production team decided to stick with the original plot, whereby she eventually dies.

After the final episode aired, viewers posted messages on the show's Web site, saying that the scene showing Sun-yi’s father staring at the wall and crying over her death was the most heart-wrenching. Others wrote that “My Rosy Life” opened the eyes of all married men on the importance of family, and taught viewers how to appreciate other people.

The next Wednesday-Thursday series is “Golden Apple,” a story about four siblings living in a village in the 1960s.

Source: KBS Global

November 11, 2005

The KBS series “My Rosy Life” ended Nov. 10 with its final episode recording a nationwide viewership of 41.5 percent.

The series ended with its main character, Maeng Sun-yi (played by Choi Jin-sil) going on a honeymoon trip with her husband, Ban Sung-mun (played by Sohn Hyun-ju), and quietly dying there.

“My Rosy Life” is a story about a housewife whose husband has an extramarital affair. Later, when she is diagnosed with stomach cancer, her family finally realizes what she means to them.

Some viewers posted requests to “save” Sun-yi’s life, but the series production team decided to stick with the original plot, whereby she eventually dies.

After the final episode aired, viewers posted messages on the show's Web site, saying that the scene showing Sun-yi’s father staring at the wall and crying over her death was the most heart-wrenching. Others wrote that “My Rosy Life” opened the eyes of all married men on the importance of family, and taught viewers how to appreciate other people.

The next Wednesday-Thursday series is “Golden Apple,” a story about four siblings living in a village in the 1960s.

thanks for the article...so Soon-ie really dies in the end...I have to prepare myself on that one since I haven't finished all the episodes...this is really a good drama and I love it!

just posting pics from Rosy Life's ending party

1111_rose.jpg

rose001.jpg

rose002.jpg

rose003.jpg

rose004.jpg

rose006.jpg

rose007.jpg

credits to KBS DMZ

can anyone explain the scene in the ending credits of the final ep...that one got me confused because the 2 look as if they were just knew each other? her haircut is shorter than in the flashbacks...and they had worked together in the same bank/company? It definitely did not look as if the 2 were married yet?!

so this drama just started in hawaii...watched ep. 1 and 2 and already I like it. I guess I have to get my box of tissue ready, huh? Well, looking forward to watching the whole thing.

can anyone explain the scene in the ending credits of the final ep...that one got me confused because the 2 look as if they were just knew each other? her haircut is shorter than in the flashbacks...and they had worked together in the same bank/company? It definitely did not look as if the 2 were married yet?!

I was watching episode 13 or 14 in KBS World if I am not mistaken when Soon-ie's birth mom visited her in the hospital after her surgery, she meets Sung-moon and she asks about who Sung-moon is and he told her that he was her husband,If I remember it right Sung-moon told her that he and Soon-ie met at the bank in which they both worked in and they fell in love, got married and Soon-ie stopped working at the bank after their marriage...I haven't seen the last episode yet but I think that answers your question about the ending credits of the last episode

creidesca...I remembered the flashback pics when Sung-moon proposed to Soon-ie and you're right she had long hair in those scenes...I might be confused as well :D I have long way to go though...maybe I could answer yor question again after watching the last episode...I'm halfway through watching all the episodes

my eyes right now are all swollen from crying too much after watching the last episode.

this drama better get a lot of awards for this upcoming award shows. theme, plot, characters are just perfect.

it was very heart-wrenching when maeng soon ahjooma died at the hospital and the sis was crying and the husband was holding her hand. after that scene everything was even more sad.

Guest Cha Park

November 11, 2005

Others may perceive "My Rosy Life" as overly dramatic and may feel so nauseatic with all those bawling. Thank God for the performances of the cast. Despite that melo (?! definitely not mellow) dramatic theme, the series become bearable, in fact, you are so drawn to it. I would have wished it to have a happy ending. But that would be too Filipino (sorry for the pun intended!). Stomach cancers are one of the poorest prognosis among the carcinoma diseases. Howelse can one survive? Kudos to KBS who try to show reality thru their drama series. (oh well, there are some slip ups here and there but cheers to them nonetheless!).

I loved their The Wedding. Really. :rolleyes::D

i agree with you, snoopy, i won't be surprised if they will rake the Network Awards this December!

Guest Cha Park

To add, Nam Goong Min was featured in Star Focus (i think) early this year at Arirang's Showbiz Extra. He was called Little Yon Sama by some fans as he is a deadringer for BYJ. (oops! am sure my friends from the BYJ thread might violently :lol: disagree. Peace. :P ) And i must say, NGM does look like BYJ if you put eyeglasses on him! :lol: And i think he is also a host in one of KBS Variety Shows.

Guest lunagal

Wow. The final episode was heart-wrenching. I was watching with my parents and we were ALL CRYING. I haven't seen my dad cry since my grandfathers funeral 17 YEARS ago!! This is how heart wrenching this episode was. I'm glad they stuck to their guns and made Soon Ee die. It was more realistic that way.

I agree with whoever said that the scene with the father turned towards the wall and crying was truly sad. Also the scene where her husband finds her final message for him :tears:

Oh and the scene where she tears a hole into the "window" to look at her daughters :tears: Geez I havent cried so much in a drama series in AGES.

It was so well made and acted. Well done! (except, as a medical practitioner I was a bit disturbed when they where trying to debrillate her heart at the very end. For terminal patients, we DO NOT do that. It's unnecessarily cruel and ineffective.)

Archived