Detroit Metal City

Guest NO NAME?

Guest NO NAME?

detroit-metal-city.jpg

Sōichi Negishi is a shy young man who came from the rural Ota Prefecture to Tokyo for college and wished to become a kindergarten teacher. However, for some reason he became the singer and songwriter of a metal band named "Detroit Metal City," with a stage name "Johannes Krauser II." Whenever he wears the heavy makeup, Negishi becomes a completely different person, shouting the most vulgar profanities beyond anyone's imagination. With the popularity of DMC increases, Negishi starts worrying his double personalities can have negative effects on his (romantic) life off stage.

Volumes: 10 (Complete) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=3558

Published by: Viz
Anime Episodes: 12

Source:

ANN

Detroit_Metal_City_by_Nizhan.jpg

Detroit_Metal_City_01-02.jpg

Guest eyepatch

Definitely one of the funniest mangas I've read : D No matter how many times the same jokes get repeated, the humor never gets old. I still haven't watched the live action movie though~

Guest Mirae-chan

I saw the live action because it had MatsuKen in it, and it was absolute crack. =D Should start reading the manga, I didn't know it was based of off one lol..

• 5 months later...
Guest Irysinon

Hilarious. Absolutely hilarious. This show is a landmark in that it sets so many different outrageous terms and accidents that turn into miracles. Krauser San!!! The manager rules too.

• 6 months later...
Guest NO NAME?

Detroit Metal City Rock Manga to End in April in Japan

posted on 2010-03-26 00:00 EDT

Rock comedy story printed in U.S. by Viz; inspired live-action film, anime video

11rq9mr.jpg

Kiminori Wakasugi will be ending his Detroit Metal City manga in this year's ninth issue of Hakusensha's Young Animal magazine on April 23. The announcement was made in the seventh issue on Friday. The manga follows a mild-mannered light pop singer who becomes the in-your-face lead singer of a death metal rock band in the mold of KISS. According to Wakasugi, the manga will end at around the 10th compiled volume. The manga has run in the same magazine since 2005, and Hakusensha has published eight volumes so far.

Viz Media is publishing the fourth volume in North American this month. Director Toshio Li and actor Ken'ichi Matsuyama (Death Note, NANA) adapted the story into a live-action film in 2008, while Studio 4°C produced an animated video series.

Source: Comic Natalie

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-...-april-in-japan

Guest Rockette

I've seen the Anime and the Live Action of this series. It's so hilarious! I couldn't stop laughing, like someone said above even if the same jokes are repeated they're still funny. Souichi is such a contradiction but that's what's lovable about him. I haven't read the manga yet though, the music in the Anime/Live Action is amazing.

-Rockette

• 1 year later...
Guest Talons

I'm not a retard but I'm sure some people would question that based on how hard I laughed. I just watched this anime and it is too much! Movie sucked in comparison but I have really never seena nything like this hahahah

Archived