No Minwoo 노민우

Guest ofrick

Guest milkybar3mj

i really2 want to watch no minwoo playing drum with his new hairstyle. i wanna see how he rock it, twirling the drumstick. why strong heart cut it???? why?????? aarrgh!

Guest asianascanbe

WHAT?! They cut him playing the drums out?! Whyyyyyyy?!

-______________________________________-

so NOT COOL. This man NEEDS TO HAVE MORE FOCUSING ON HIM! Lol..

He's so sexy. :3 especially when he's playing the drums. <33

Can I ask you one question? I've heard all songs in STORY OF WINE ost! But I wonder is Min Woo a composer or a singer?

Anyway, he's so perfect!!! Really really like the way he acts in MGIAG!!!

Can I ask you one question? I've heard all songs in STORY OF WINE ost! But I wonder is Min Woo a composer or a singer?

Anyway, he's so perfect!!! Really really like the way he acts in MGIAG!!!

For Story of Wine, Minwoo composed, wrote and sang for most of the tracks. He said somewhere that he actually has been composing and writing a lot of songs and has over 100 pieces but they aren't released. I think that more than try to put Minwoo in a group, it's better to just look at him as a pure musician, someone who lives for music and tries to express music in whatever way he can whether it be composing, writing lyrics, singing or playing instruments. He seems happiest just having that flexible relationship with music.

hey~

is anyone here know where I can find the lyric of 'Trap'??

or maybe... any of u got it already??

help me pls >__<

So far, I haven't seen translations of Trap. :(

Guest milkybar3mj

hey~

is anyone here know where I can find the lyric of 'Trap'??

or maybe... any of u got it already??

help me pls >__<

so far i also have never seen the translation. maybe you can request at MGIAG soompi thread? just a suggestion.

is it possible to change the profile of No Min Woo? From what I know, he's not in SM anymore. I heard he is with different company, if i'm not mistaken Core Content Media. correct me if I'm wrong.

I noticed that he has lost his weight more and more in recent episodes of MGIAG. His face looks slimmer and it really enhance his feature. But hopefully his health is not affected!

is it possible to change the profile of No Min Woo? From what I know, he's not in SM anymore. I heard he is with different company, if i'm not mistaken Core Content Media. correct me if I'm wrong.

I noticed that he has lost his weight more and more in recent episodes of MGIAG. His face looks slimmer and it really enhance his feature. But hopefully his health is not affected!

I think that contacting a mod to change the tag line would be best.

And I noticed his weight loss too. I hope that he's doing okay.

More.

:) Minwoo is really quite...beautiful and charming. He's not the tall, dark and handsome type but it's his silly, serious and free-spiritedness that makes him special. Some people might call him too pretty but I think it's wonderful how he's embraced his beauty and yet is anything but superficial.

fullsizephoto88227.jpg

fullsizephoto88226.jpg

fullsizephoto88216.jpg

fullsizephoto88212.jpg

fullsizephoto88210.jpg

fullsizephoto88208.jpg

fullsizephoto88206.jpg

fullsizephoto88199.jpg

fullsizephoto88194.jpg

fullsizephoto88178.jpg

fullsizephoto88163.jpg

fullsizephoto88161.jpg

fred.jpg

fans.jpg

f0d04065bea72861aa184c4.gif

emoti.jpg

dwtry.jpg

crol.jpg

chefs.jpg

blond.jpg

blackmw.jpg

airport.jpg

92073a37d12a227e5ab5f54.gif

247mv.jpg

56.jpg

45.jpg

24uydmo.jpg

8.jpg

2sce.jpg

uio.jpg

tgs233tmp.jpg

tgs231tmp.jpg

tgs1d0tmp.jpg

oiuo.jpg

n2o_1412_86177_1.jpg

mwaoif.jpg

hjkl.jpg

fghjyhkj.jpg

b18a11274f.jpg

20090305190251.jpg

3546576879.jpg

4947d5fc70a3a.jpg

25gruab.jpg

^XDDDD This last pic.

Guest asianascanbe

..*O* THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR THOSE PICTURES!!

Ohmygosh! I didnt know JAY also wore that shirt! I thought it was only TaeYang! xD hahaha!

Ohmygoshhh. I love how Rose looks in it too! so gorgeous! <3333 haha.

I was reading a Chinese blog about Minwoo that clarified his timeline for 2010. Apparently, after Pasta ended and after the documentary "Sunflower" of Minwoo and Honey Lee in Malawi, Minwoo signed with Core Contents Media in July. So sometime between late April with the ending of Pasta promotions and July, Minwoo's contract with SM must have expired and negotiations with Core Contents Media began.

The following stuff is just observations and my thoughts on Minwoo's career. You don't have to take what I say seriously. It's mostly speculation that I've tried to make sense of.

Minwoo going to a different agency--I'm sure that since this was done quietly, I feel like SM's PR team was in charge. It's not often that someone leaves the company and almost no one knows about it. I want to believe that this was a change that was necessary. It was kind of painful to watch Minwoo's talents go to waste. He did get acting experience under SM, but any acting projects that SM puts their name on isn't usually what the general public would consider serious.

In Frozen Flower, for his comeback into the entertainment industry, Minwoo was able to get a good role for a no name actor, but he had zero lines. I remember him saying that he felt lucky that he even had screen time (as well as HyunWoo), because many other actors who also trained long and hard for Frozen Flower never even made it to film. I feel like this was the beginning of SM investing in Minwoo as an actor. It was a big budget movie and so I feel like it was meant to be a big nudge, a nod to the industry that Minwoo was now an actor. I remember there were plenty of news articles about it. Even though Minwoo had no experience and he had no lines in the movie, because it was his first big step since leaving TRAX, SM wanted to brand him as something separate from TRAX. Though I would love to say that he got the role of his own merits, I feel like there was a bit of money thrown around. Frozen Flower would get free promotion through SM pimping Minwoo and since Minwoo fit the flower boy/height criteria, he passed.

But I think there were a few problems. 1: Minwoo was unrecognizable without his blond poof. The jump from blond rocker to ancient warrior was very startling. 2: This movie had so many pretty boys that Minwoo became one of them. He didn't stand out. There was poster boy Jo Insung, Song Joongki and Im Joohwan competing with him and they all had lines. I feel like though this was SM and Minwoo trying to build a new image, public-wise, it didn't do much. It was just an appearance that he could add to his resume. He worked so hard for this role.

Soon after Frozen Flower ended, Minwoo took part in Story of Wine. He was able to show off his musical skills once again, composing for the OST and singing for 5 of the 7 tracks. Although precious few have seen the late 2008 movie, from what I gather, Minwoo played the part of a bartender. There was a little buzz but not much. More on Sunny, who featured on one of the tracks than Minwoo himself. And as an actor, the movie didn't do much at all for Minwoo, seeing as the movie was never released. Great. It was shown at a few places at film festivals and the reception (through the very few reviews I found) seemed good, but nothing about Minwoo himself. So overall, though Minwoo's role was bigger compared to Frozen Flower, since no one saw the movie, it didn't really count. Silly silly. It's a pity because the trailer looks quite good and Minwoo's songs are also good.

And then after that, he did a guest role as a model on Detective Mr. Lee. He had a playboy role. I was surprised that Minwoo was allowed to have such a racy role. And I feel like this was another shot at his identity as a former TRAX member. Because Minwoo was no longer an idol (though we can argue forever about TRAX being idols), I feel like this role was pushing Minwoo into what I call, "The cougar bait period". Personally, that role was pretty ehh but different for Minwoo. I'm still shocked that this happened though. If he had still been in TRAX, this would have caused the world to crumble. But maybe it was experimental, a "how much can we do and not be killed for it" kind of situation. Because, let's be honest, Minwoo has a very strong fanbase, small or not. The role was a bit greasy for me but I can get over it.

3 or 4 months later, in 2009, he was cast in the Taehee, Hyegyo and Jihyun sitcom that ran for six months. He was part of a 3 stooges type of group in the sitcom. A very eccentric and emotional character. Almost...flamboyant? Maybe that's the word. So from silent to racy to flamboyant. He carried a guitar around all of the time and he also, along with two other castmates, took part in 24/7 promotions, singing a ballad. The show itself was neither popular nor unpopular. I've only watched clips of it and it wasn't something that I'm dying to rewatch again. His role wasn't anything big but it was steady. A lot of overacting, but that generally happens in sitcoms. For the music video and stage promotions, Minwoo was clearly the face of the group. I think part of it was because he was a more recognizable figure even though it had been about 3 years since his departure from TRAX. Hyunwoo was relatively new and so was Lee Jangwoo. It was hailed as a great meeting of the minds type of thing because the three were from different agencies. To be honest, I feel like it was something that was created, or pushed forward by SM. Music videos are no joke. Neither are stage appearances. Usually for sitcoms, that never happens. Again, lots of hype and lots of money. Unfortunately, the star of the music video was Yoona from SNSD. The 24/7 guys were more like background props. Minwoo was once again, unrecognizable--it didn't help that he was pretty much a ninja in the music video. XDD But I digress. A two part music video and stage performances and it still didn't help Minwoo or the sitcom. The ratings stayed the same. It was a temporary group. If this isn't SM screaming to the fans that he's no longer Rose of TRAX then I don't know what is.

But not much of a ripple with 24/7 and so I feel like SM didn't feel a need to invest in Minwoo as an artist.

Later that year, after the sitcom ended, Minwoo landed another role on Mrs. Town. He played a super greasy, annoying puppy. He returned to the cougar bait role. My jaw dropped when I saw him making out. Dang. He was undressed a lot too. The role was actually fairly similar to his previous two roles. But imagine them combined. Flamboyance and greasiness. This is a larger role than the previous but the character, once again, lacks a range. He whines and pouts and kisses up a lot. His hair blows in the wind and he dresses very nicely. He appeared for 5 episodes and then disappeared from the script. It was kind of abrupt but I wasn't sure if I was relieved or not. His role was really campy but I just wanted to see Minwoo on screen, you know? The screencap of his naked body became immortalized online.

Almost at the same exact time, he was filming for a cameo on Jung Yak Yong, a period detective drama. To me, this is the role that counts. Although the storyline was similar to The King and the Clown, it was Minwoo's chance at acting more seriously. The mood was heavy and this piece felt really really personal, like a reflection of Minwoo. The script was darker and the cinematography was just more. To be honest, this cameo scared me. Not because it was bad, but because it was like the dark side of entertainment spelled right out for you in a drama. Being manipulated and used, abused and taken advantage of--all of it was there. It was an honest piece. I'm not saying that Minwoo was stellar, because I believe that he has a long way to go, but I felt like it was his most honest piece. That honesty conveyed itself well onscreen. It made me wonder if what had happened in the drama had ever happened to him and that made me sad.

After Jung Yak Yong, he continued Mrs. Town and then disappeared after episode five.

Now that I think about it, I'm guessing that he disappeared because of Pasta. Mrs. Town was on a smaller station at a later time while Pasta was aired on MBC. Very different. I wonder if that screwed things up for Mrs. Town. I'm guessing that SM pulled Minwoo out of the show so that he could take part in Pasta and so the storyline had to be changed. The love triangle was completely blown to bits and so they had to make do.

But once again, Minwoo was stuck in the same role. I mean, Philip technically is cooler because he actually has a job but he's still cougar bait. And he's still just sliding by on his looks versus his acting. Even I admit it. His role in Pasta was nothing good or bad. Good eye-candy. Passable acting. Silly Philip moments filling up screen time. The motorcycle for example. But I'm not complaining. Basically, up to this point, for 2 years, Minwoo has pretty much been stuck in variations of the same role.

And although I believe Minwoo went to Malawi with good intentions, it's also great PR. I don't know if meeting Magi and spending 11 days there was instrumental in Minwoo's decision to change agencies, but I feel like something must have happened. Self realization maybe.

I don't think anyone will ever know the clear details on why Minwoo decided to not renew a contract with SM but I think it's clear that SM was still willing to sell him. He had a lot of press with Pasta and he just had great PR with Malawi. So I really feel like Minwoo wanted a fresh slate. I don't know if he was frustrated with the type-casting or not but I feel like whatever role he had, he didn't have regrets and enjoyed his time on sets. Every experience was a new one but maybe he felt confined as an artist.

So in July, he signed with Core Contents Media, which is a subdivision of Mnet Media. They have a history of singer/actors doing relatively well but they also have a questionable stability. SG Wannabe, T-ara, Supernova, Davichi, SeeYa, Black Pearl, SeeYa. The groups under CCM are without a doubt talented. But the promotions always seem to come out messy.

And now he's gumiho hunter Park Dongjoo. Minwoo trained some more for the role and he underwent a transformation. Some people might call him plastic and I honestly don't know really but it's clear that he's lost weight. And it's clear that he was gorgeous to begin with. Since a long time ago. If you look at his Romantist pictures from five years ago, he looks exactly the same. I think part of it has to do with the versatility of Minwoo's face. Because he's so pretty, hair length really does define his face differently. Compared to his TRAX days, I feel he looks the same but different too. The blond hair made a big difference. And Minwoo was much skinnier back then as compared to now. But more to the point. As gumiho hunter, there's already a clear shift in Minwoo. Although I'm sure that TRAX will always be a part of him, I feel like he's finally breaking out into the public as No Minwoo.

For Strong Heart, I really wondered about Suju and Minwoo. They were seated next to one another but didn't converse at all. And when the picture reveal came, everyone expected to see a snapshot of Rose, but it was Minwoo in elementary. I don't know if this means that Minwoo can't talk about TRAX anymore or not. He did in the bling bling Pasta interview and Juri mentioned it on Star Golden Bell but that was while Minwoo was still part of SM.

With Strong Heart, there was zero mention of it. I'm sure Core Contents Media or the show couldn't advertise him as "ex-TRAX member Rose" anyways. And I want to see it as a sign that Minwoo is now clearly an actor. He has screen presence. He has the looks and I feel like he has the drive. With Park DongJoo, Minwoo is really restraining himself. And though the role is actually more flat than I thought it would be, he's doing what he can with it. At this point, he's still eye candy but hopefully, more will come.

There are definitely moments where I'm surprised at how far he's come but Minwoo's got a long way to go. He's only been acting for 2 or 3 years now and I look forward to the day when he breaks out.

And that, my dears, is what's been on my mind. I'll root for him.

@fatsoko: Thanks about your writting!!! Through your writting I' ve understood more about Min Woo.

I only know when My Girlfriend is a Gumiho airs, I'm very suprise to see him acts like this! From internet, I searched so many good and amazing things about him! I like the way he played drum, it's so strongly; the lyrics he wrote for Story of Wine OST, it's so romatic and lovely! From now, I will follow him to anywhere he comes!!! I hope he will have many fan who will love him cause his talents but not his looks!

Nice to meet you, No Min Woo!!!

first I'm worried too about his evident weight loss in latest few weeks(too much in a very short time) ohhh well what can we do? we can't go to Korea to force feed MinWoo-ssi that's for sure

The following stuff is just observations and my thoughts on Minwoo's career. You don't have to take what I say seriously. It's mostly speculation that I've tried to make sense of.

so allow me to disagree with you and I will use below blue color for some quotes

" It was kind of painful to watch Minwoo's talents go to waste. He did get acting experience under SM"

this is so true

" Even though Minwoo had no experience and he had no lines in the movie(a/n Frozen Flower), because it was his first big step since leaving TRAX, SM wanted to brand him as something separate from TRAX. Though I would love to say that he got the role of his own merits, I feel like there was a bit of money thrown around. "

1.do you know that "Gone with the wind" was produced for 5 years-imagine how many talented actors didn't have screen time even they filmed for it

on the other hand I still have nightmares with those beheaded ppl in that movie (yaoi movies are my thing but I didn't get Frozen Flower and Song Joong Ki- a recognized actor- had almost the same screen time as NMW )

2. No Min Woo NOW has a different image than the one 4 years ago- for his actual image is better to shed the older one - so even they could talk about TRAX is no use... actually they changed the style and they have another guy with "blond poof" and in Star Golden Bell ep 280 when Juri told about his "blond poof"in TRAX everyone's face was "Who is/are TRAX?" or like Ja Ja Ja I don't know but I pretend I know -this is before relaunching TRAX this summer

3 in S.Korea to play even a small role in a period big budget movie is like playing a role in Hamlet on Stratford-upon-Avon with the Royal Shakespeare Company,

Soon after Frozen Flower ended, Minwoo took part in Story of Wine.[...] So overall, though Minwoo's role was bigger compared to Frozen Flower, since no one saw the movie, it didn't really count. Silly silly. It's a pity because the trailer looks quite good and Minwoo's songs are also good.

It seems like the movie was done for competitions not for general public... so the movie is not for commercial use...

If released a niche movie won't be tasted/watched and maybe...maybe Sunny and NMW's fans will watch it. One the other hand even Alien Sam of JGS isn't available -that is a drama for kids -(if you know where I can find it with eng subs please tell me)

he did a guest role as a model on Detective Mr. Lee. [...] "The cougar bait period". Personally, that role was pretty ehh but different for Minwoo. I'm still shocked that this happened though. If he had still been in TRAX, this would have caused the world to crumble. But maybe it was experimental, a "how much can we do and not be killed for it" kind of situation. Because, let's be honest, Minwoo has a very strong fanbase, small or not. The role was a bit greasy for me but I can get over it.

I had so much fun when I saw his cut in this!! and remember that he is perceived by some ppl as girly (c'mon I would kill for lips or cheekbones like his) specially after Rose story -then he looked like a rebellious child now he looks like a grown up man with all his face versatility ... so after me it was a good move for his MACHO image- and he didn't looked like a bait to me... rather a mischievous model who would do anything to fall on one's feet ohh well each one with his own perception of the drama-and you can see him expressing a wide range of emotions and c'mon was Park Eun-hye's drama ( I love to bits her acting not her looks )and I want to see some subs(eng italian spanish anything with roman alphabet) of this drama to see if I got it right-believe me that in Europe rarely you can meet a Korean speaker

Taehee, Hyegyo and Jihyun sitcom that ran for six months. He was part of a 3 stooges type of group in the sitcom. A very eccentric and emotional character. Almost...flamboyant? [...] A lot of overacting, but that generally happens in sitcoms.

you got the idea: in a sitcom an actor usually shows exaggerated reactions just one observation boyyyy he needs to work his English pronunciation (some cringe really hard when hear English in Kdramas: I have the same feeling when Americans pretend they speak Romanian in movies-yeah the vampires one specially)

"For the music video and stage promotions, Minwoo was clearly the face of the group."

for me it didn't feel like it... ohhh well each one with her own vision of the world

[..]Unfortunately, the star of the music video was Yoona from SNSD. The 24/7 guys were more like background props.[...]But not much of a ripple with 24/7 and so I feel like SM didn't feel a need to invest in Minwoo as an artist.

sad but true and I liked them and I was furious when I saw that they don't have any promotions after that

Minwoo landed another role on Mrs. Town. He played a super greasy, annoying puppy. He returned to the cougar bait role. My jaw dropped when I saw him making out. Dang. He was undressed a lot too.

I know many fangirls want their idols virgins -sry I can't agree with that-sorry MinWoo's fangirls I know that you die when you see him kissing or near another girl that isn't you - hellllloowwwww is just acting and his role here makes you want your personal boy toy(ups I forgot I have one at home ... yep 4 years younger smart hot guy -did I tell you that is good looking too?- is it me or Choi Song Hyun is 4 years older than him)

Choi Song Hyun and No Min Woo are both newbies in the kdrama world and I felt that they acted their guts out -as you can see on wiki she was before Mrs Town in Gourmet...after Mrs Town she landed in other dramas like Smile You or Prosecutor Princess -in fact No Min Woo was the sunbae in acting -and even I love her to bits her acting is still stiff-see PP and he evolved pretty well since then

I kinda bet he didn't take her home so fangirls should relax

And it was a good experience in acting because he(and we) will rarely see something like this in a kdrama -you know that is pretty important as an actor to play various roles and from my point of view it wasn't identical: he combined what already knew and he did a fair job

" The screencap of his naked body became immortalized online." YES PLEASE

Jung Yak Yong-looks scary I'll skip - even I love The King and the Clown, and even I'm curious about NMW

I'm guessing that SM pulled Minwoo out of the show so that he could take part in Pasta and so the storyline had to be changed. The love triangle was completely blown to bits and so they had to make do.

if I would be the scriptwriter I would find another flower boy -and consider first one (NMW's char) a "mistake" in a woman's life...oh well that's Korea and they did something else

But once again, Minwoo was stuck in the same role. I mean, Philip technically is cooler because he actually has a job but he's still cougar bait. And he's still just sliding by on his looks versus his acting. Even I admit it. His role in Pasta was nothing good or bad. Good eye-candy. Passable acting. Silly Philip moments filling up screen time. The motorcycle for example. But I'm not complaining. Basically, up to this point, for 2 years, Minwoo has pretty much been stuck in variations of the same role.

I disagree big time here

mainly maybe you didn't understand the role of Italian team in the show:Phillip was one of the skilled bad guys of the show -not the villain but not the sweetie pie more his char is kinda harsh like bikers gang vibe

drums+motorcycle+shopping in the market with Chef+drinking/chatting with friends -they made his char 3D without much effort and with less lines and screen-time than any other char of the show(for is a record in klala land -even if you see 40 kdramas or more is hard to find a 3D char with such a small screen-time- usually even with lots of hours in a drama some main chars still look unidimensional)

about Boss's sis and Phillip I was soooo disappointed with their end :because she was a trainwreck and Phillip a pretty experienced guy who wasn't that normal either - I would make a spin off of Pasta only with those 2 :c'mon we love out of the ordinary ppl. So my disappointment was huuuuge when I saw that they renounced to that pair- and gave me no end(good or bad) to them -it seems like are too many ppl on this planet that live with the prejudice :older ladies can't love younger guys-WRONG-we can do it:P (at the end of the day is a matter of personality -we search perfect communication/love even he/she is younger or older )-when you'll reach 30 smth and divorced or widow (I don't wish you that but it can happen )you will believe me -more I have an unmarried friend at 40 who doesn't date younger guys.... so is still sexy and single-

... Minwoo's decision to change agencies, but I feel like something must have happened. Self realization maybe.

that is not a decision taken overnight - I think he thought hard at it before: for newbie actors SM hardly can do smth

and Core Contents Media can help him with both of his careers:music and acting and even messy he might have some serious promoting this time... the lack of it on SM I still feel it big time

he is not the only one changing agencies these days:look at SS501 boys & DSP media is history: they will work with them again only under name SS501 but each of them wants to be known individually too

another reason when you go to another agency/job: being already known in the industry you can come with your own terms and this is very important- I know is a general reason but I really don't wish to stalk NMW just to find out the insights of the matter-is just rude

pictures from five years ago, he looks exactly the same. I think part of it has to do with the versatility of Minwoo's face. Because he's so pretty, hair length really does define his face differently.

5-6 years ago was almost a teenager -usually men change their looks in this time frame 18-26-at 18 my hubby's face looked different than now

I could take another example Kim Nam Gil before Bidam he looked different but after 7 kg loss his nose looked really straight and small-everyone on set of QSD thought he was undergoing plastic surgery ... if you look at his latest pictures-specially the entrance in the army his nose is not that small and pointed anymore on the other hand I know someone who's nose looks huge compared with the face when he's dieting

"For Strong Heart, I really wondered about Suju and Minwoo."

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw such a sloppy montage/editing at SH-OMFG they had such a good show but it looked choppy when NMW was dressed with a sleeveless black shirt and in the same time they showed me NMW's approving face dressed with the white T-shirt

"With Park DongJoo, Minwoo is really restraining himself. And though the role is actually more flat than I thought it would be, he's doing what he can with it. At this point, he's still eye candy but hopefully, more will come."

Noooooooooooot I disagree again

with this role he shows subtlety and his eyes and face can express more than some experienced actors can do

he has maxim 10 minutes timescreen per episode : again rarely you can see a second lead with less screentime than Dong joo-only in Hello My teacher I saw this stunt -in fact there they changed the second lead in the middle of the show -first girl got shrank her role to the minimum

rarely you can see such a beautiful face looking so creepy and sweet in the same time (in Mrs Town he didn't look creepy at all)

and his char until now is total mystery :everyone asks "what kind of supernatural being is Dong Joo" many of the fans suppose that he has another gumiho bead(you can read all the suppositions in the MGIAG thread) and almost everyone thinks his char will sacrifice himself for the Heroine ...in fact I want that this char to remain at least so interesting until the end of the series

rarely a young guy can can be a believable mysterious man - usually kids don't have the charisma but this is not the case however I don't like how the PD treated Dong Joo's loneliness moments or his "almost cry" scenes

"There are definitely moments where I'm surprised at how far he's come but Minwoo's got a long way to go. He's only been acting for 2 or 3 years now and I look forward to the day when he breaks out."

in fact is better to grow as an actor from small roles to the big ones instead of landing in a single blow to the leading role :look at Kim Hyun Joong even his acting is improved a LOT he as an actor is contested big time , Rain is another example-even he is quite good at acting so many Koreans don't recognize his acting skills with all his MTV award

so after me No Min Woo debuting as an anonymous actor is better than using his past fame ... we can't tell now that he got his Dong joo role because of TRAX or he is an idol turned actor

question from my hubby :you gals don't like the roles he is playing: if he doesn't act who is gonna put the food on his table?or add points to his resume?-the fanbase?I doubt(this is just the point of view of a guy -and last time I checked No Min Woo is a guy at almost same age-women tend to be more dreamy or idealistic when it comes about the life or job however for guys -things are very simple: they need $$$, a career and a wife(when time comes)-so from this point of view many kstars are down to earth and work really hard with more than a job-the only difference is that they marry at 40 something while their childhood friends have already grandchildren )

Guest peppermintx

@ fatsoko

THANK YOU so much for writing all this! now i know more about nominwoo!

i agree, he has a lot of talent and shouldnt go to waste! i hope he gets more and more well known as time goes by!

i remember watching strong heart and i also wondered to myself, there isnt much interaction with sj since they were once under the same company..

first I'm worried too about his evident weight loss in latest few weeks(too much in a very short time) ohhh well what can we do? we can't go to Korea to force feed MinWoo-ssi that's for sure

I worry about his health too.

1.do you know that "Gone with the wind" was produced for 5 years-imagine how many talented actors didn't have screen time even they filmed for it

on the other hand I still have nightmares with those beheaded ppl in that movie (yaoi movies are my thing but I didn't get Frozen Flower and Song Joong Ki- a recognized actor- had almost the same screen time as NMW )

2. No Min Woo NOW has a different image than the one 4 years ago- for his actual image is better to shed the older one - so even they could talk about TRAX is no use... actually they changed the style and they have another guy with "blond poof" and in Star Golden Bell ep 280 when Juri told about his "blond poof"in TRAX everyone's face was "Who is/are TRAX?" or like Ja Ja Ja I don't know but I pretend I know -this is before relaunching TRAX this summer

3 in S.Korea to play even a small role in a period big budget movie is like playing a role in Hamlet on Stratford-upon-Avon with the Royal Shakespeare Company,

I didn't know that about Gone With the Wind. To be honest, I've never watched it. Crime right? XDD The heads at the end of Frozen Flower were disturbing and reminded me of the dead body props from Lady Daddy. Frozen Flower had its moments and at the time of the movie's release, Song JoongKi was an unknown actor. Today he's recognized but in 2008, he was a fresh face, a relatively unknown face with very very few credits under his belt.

For Star Golden Bell, I didn't feel like everyone was clueless about Minwoo and TRAX. The audience had a, "Oh~~~" reaction but that always happens in shows.

It seems like the movie was done for competitions not for general public... so the movie is not for commercial use...

If released a niche movie won't be tasted/watched and maybe...maybe Sunny and NMW's fans will watch it. One the other hand even Alien Sam of JGS isn't available -that is a drama for kids -(if you know where I can find it with eng subs please tell me)

I'm not sure about that. Movies in general are made so that they can be sold. Investors only invest if they think a movie will be profitable. I don't think that this movie is geared towards just a small niche--it was a straightforward love story. And Alien Sam probably doesn't have eng subs.

I know many fangirls want their idols virgins -sry I can't agree with that-sorry MinWoo's fangirls I know that you die when you see him kissing or near another girl that isn't you - hellllloowwwww is just acting and his role here makes you want your personal boy toy(ups I forgot I have one at home ... yep 4 years younger smart hot guy -did I tell you that is good looking too?- is it me or Choi Song Hyun is 4 years older than him)

Choi Song Hyun and No Min Woo are both newbies in the kdrama world and I felt that they acted their guts out -as you can see on wiki she was before Mrs Town in Gourmet...after Mrs Town she landed in other dramas like Smile You or Prosecutor Princess -in fact No Min Woo was the sunbae in acting -and even I love her to bits her acting is still stiff-see PP and he evolved pretty well since then

I kinda bet he didn't take her home so fangirls should relax

And it was a good experience in acting because he(and we) will rarely see something like this in a kdrama -you know that is pretty important as an actor to play various roles and from my point of view it wasn't identical: he combined what already knew and he did a fair job

I agree with you. It's completely unrealistic to look at an idol and think they have no idea what sex is. It's silly actually, for fans to be so against idols having relationships. They're grown ups, they have their own lives. I think that Mrs. House was, in general, racier than the usual k-drama because it was aired at a later time and the concept was about hot, young and modern women not being afraid to act hot and young and proud of it. And though I really do applaud Minwoo for diving into his role, I still think his character was really embarrassing.

Jung Yak Yong-looks scary I'll skip - even I love The King and the Clown, and even I'm curious about NMW

It's not scary at all. It's like CSI/Sherlock Holmes but in a Korean period drama. And Minwoo is sooo lovely in this role. I think that he really does have a great screen presence. At the beginning of the episode, though he didn't have any lines, every time the camera captured him, there was this feeling of, "He's important. Don't forget him." A certain magnetism I suppose.

I disagree big time here

mainly maybe you didn't understand the role of Italian team in the show:Phillip was one of the skilled bad guys of the show -not the villain but not the sweetie pie more his char is kinda harsh like bikers gang vibe

drums+motorcycle+shopping in the market with Chef+drinking/chatting with friends -they made his char 3D without much effort and with less lines and screen-time than any other char of the show(for is a record in klala land -even if you see 40 kdramas or more is hard to find a 3D char with such a small screen-time- usually even with lots of hours in a drama some main chars still look unidimensional)

about Boss's sis and Phillip I was soooo disappointed with their end :because she was a trainwreck and Phillip a pretty experienced guy who wasn't that normal either - I would make a spin off of Pasta only with those 2 :c'mon we love out of the ordinary ppl. So my disappointment was huuuuge when I saw that they renounced to that pair- and gave me no end(good or bad) to them -it seems like are too many ppl on this planet that live with the prejudice :older ladies can't love younger guys-WRONG-we can do it:P (at the end of the day is a matter of personality -we search perfect communication/love even he/she is younger or older )-when you'll reach 30 smth and divorced or widow (I don't wish you that but it can happen )you will believe me -more I have an unmarried friend at 40 who doesn't date younger guys.... so is still sexy and single-

While I agree his character wasn't as flat as some I've seen, as a character, Philip was average at best. I felt that Team Italy in general was fun. They were like kids in the drama. Rebelling, fanboying Chef, running away. If I look at just Philip as an actual character analysis, it's pretty bare bones, but as Team Italy, the four guys pulled it together and carried their weight.

Philip and his loveline never happened so it felt like it was a bit of a waste to even have bothered with all of those scenes with the sister. There was no resolution to it but we got to see lots of Philip shots.

that is not a decision taken overnight - I think he thought hard at it before: for newbie actors SM hardly can do smth

and Core Contents Media can help him with both of his careers:music and acting and even messy he might have some serious promoting this time... the lack of it on SM I still feel it big time

he is not the only one changing agencies these days:look at SS501 boys & DSP media is history: they will work with them again only under name SS501 but each of them wants to be known individually too

another reason when you go to another agency/job: being already known in the industry you can come with your own terms and this is very important- I know is a general reason but I really don't wish to stalk NMW just to find out the insights of the matter-is just rude

I think that's true too. I'm sure he didn't consider his decisions lightly and weighed the pros and cons. I'm hoping that CCM treats Minwoo well. I hope he drew up a fair contract with them. I don't know much about the SS501 case but it sounds like all of them were also trying to find the right agency that suited their needs.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw such a sloppy montage/editing at SH-OMFG they had such a good show but it looked choppy when NMW was dressed with a sleeveless black shirt and in the same time they showed me NMW's approving face dressed with the white T-shirt

I noticed it too. It makes me wonder about all of the reactions they show now. I'm still kind of bummed that they didn't show the drum solo.

"With Park DongJoo, Minwoo is really restraining himself. And though the role is actually more flat than I thought it would be, he's doing what he can with it. At this point, he's still eye candy but hopefully, more will come."

Noooooooooooot I disagree again

with this role he shows subtlety and his eyes and face can express more than some experienced actors can do

he has maxim 10 minutes timescreen per episode : again rarely you can see a second lead with less screentime than Dong joo-only in Hello My teacher I saw this stunt -in fact there they changed the second lead in the middle of the show -first girl got shrank her role to the minimum

rarely you can see such a beautiful face looking so creepy and sweet in the same time (in Mrs Town he didn't look creepy at all)

and his char until now is total mystery :everyone asks "what kind of supernatural being is Dong Joo" many of the fans suppose that he has another gumiho bead(you can read all the suppositions in the MGIAG thread) and almost everyone thinks his char will sacrifice himself for the Heroine ...in fact I want that this char to remain at least so interesting until the end of the series

rarely a young guy can can be a believable mysterious man - usually kids don't have the charisma but this is not the case however I don't like how the PD treated Dong Joo's loneliness moments or his "almost cry" scenes

I think his character is written horribly. I'm not saying that Minwoo can't act because it really does look like he's making do with what he's given, but I'm frustrated at how the Hong Sisters are giving him so little to work with. He does the same thing in all of the scenes. I feel like the range of DongJoo's emotions lack sincerity because no one knows what the hell is up with him. Yeah, it might be interpreted as mysterious, and at first it was, but now it just looks silly. I think that Minwoo himself is doing fine but the character needs to be developed in order for me to sympathize with him. He's like a cheat code in the drama. Part fairy godmother, part narrator and part stalker. He never actually DOES anything and that's my problem with his character. There are a couple of times where I think that the Hong Sisters are headed in the right direction and then they go back to square one. He doesn't feel like a complex individual. He just feels like an abused plot device.

question from my hubby :you gals don't like the roles he is playing: if he doesn't act who is gonna put the food on his table?or add points to his resume?-the fanbase?I doubt(this is just the point of view of a guy -and last time I checked No Min Woo is a guy at almost same age-women tend to be more dreamy or idealistic when it comes about the life or job however for guys -things are very simple: they need $$$, a career and a wife(when time comes)-so from this point of view many kstars are down to earth and work really hard with more than a job-the only difference is that they marry at 40 something while their childhood friends have already grandchildren )

Minwoo, to me, has always been an artist. He dreams music, he eats and breathes music. And even though I completely understand the concept of taking roles to earn an income and to gain experience, it doesn't mean I'll like all of his works. I think that if Minwoo really wanted to just be a run-of-the-mill passable actor with a pretty face, he would have stayed with SM and been fine with the roles they gave him. But because he didn't, maybe he wanted to be taken more seriously as an actor, to earn credits in order to be a lasting commodity.

As a fan, I support him and I think that he's done amazing things with his life but I don't think I can naively believe that he'll be perfect from the start. The journey will be interesting and I really do look forward to Minwoo the actor because there is something there worth waiting for. He's not at that point in his career where he'll be able to handpick roles but I want to see it happen one day. Because ideally speaking or not, that's Minwoo to me: constantly challenging himself, friendly, creative, talented and silly.

Except your opinion about Park Dong joo this time I agree and respect your point of view-at his acting I object to his self-aware and about previous works I would like to see the dramas with eng subs so I could understand better -anyway for me he is favorite actor of the autumn

As you I can't dig everything they serve me however I think you are a lil too harsh or you just want more of the musician No Min Woo than the actor No Min Woo

I can't see NMW only as a musician: he made tremendous efforts to become an actor - if he wanted to be only a musician he wouldn't take this path

On the other hand he can do almost everything pretty well or great... but not exceptionally - again any scale I would apply is so subjective : as musician is very talented but he isn't at this hour as known as other guys of his age Seulong(another agency) is an example-maybe because SM focuses special on SUJU. SNSD BOA and just now TRAX -frankly I don't know who is/are SHINee

On the other hand in kpop world are talented musician who are more popular now after they appeared in kdramas Lee Hong Ki, Jung Yong hwa, Lee Jun ki,Kim Jeong Hoon(secondary lead in Goong)

I just saw again last 2 eps of MGiaG here I just have another vision than you have about the same char

If his part would be boring or not in place I wouldn't replay his scenes-contrary i would FF them no matter what

thanks for the pic spam some of them are new even for me yay

some of the pics from this page are loading very hard... first time I thought that my firefox is dying but only with the pics from this page... at page 7 I don't have problems

please tell me which kdramas or jdramas have you seen until now- so I could now where and how I could relate with your taste(about mainland or tw or hk I don't have a clue I saw just a few movies or episodes-and their acting is something beyond me)

and some of his pics from MGIAG

2vdh2xk.png

bfqbut.png

a1u72b.png

photo81553.jpg

I can see the attitude difference -but not a plastic one