Having A Bad Day? Wanna Rant? Right This Way!

Admin

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm so irritated.  I didn't get a chance to return a textbook I borrowed from a classmate (Or you can call it a rental b/c I paid $50) before the end of the spring semester last year, so we decided to meet up last fall semester but she suddenly cancelled at the last minute.  So I text her back and asked for her class schedule, so I can possibly just stop by real quick and give it to her.  She never responded and that was early on in the semester.  Then suddenly, she just sent me a text this morning, telling me her address and for me to drop off the book when I have time because she won't be going to the same college anymore so she won't be able to meet me there.  I understand that I'm the one who borrowed the book, but she was the one who suddenly stopped the contact and then she waited until the beginning of another new semester to tell me to drop off her book at her house.  Hm, I'll do it because I do feel responsibility and I'm going to assume she's busy since she has children, but I don't understand why she couldn't simply respond to me so we could have met up at the college.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not really having a bad day, but I just find it difficult to understand people who feels like they're that important that they don't need to wait in line like everyone else.  Well, I went to the grocery store earlier and saw this woman with about 3 - 4 items in her arms walk up towards the checkout line as I approached it, too.  There were 3 lines opened, but she decided to walk up to the line that clearly had a sign that said the line was closed.  (I went to the line next to that one.)  I'm pretty sure she went there because the cashier was already helping the last person in that line, so there was no one else there because the line was already closed.  Anyway, she stands at the end of line, still holding her stuff, as though the cashier was going to help her just because she's standing there, but the cashier doesn't help her, of course.  So, that woman gets angry and stomps away to a different line, mumbling, "Do they not have an express checkout?"

If someone lives in the U.S.A, I'm sure the concept of waiting in line is nothing new.  None of the workers have to help them before anyone else just because they're impatient or in a hurry to get somewhere.  And I just find it really annoying, especially since I have dealt with those type of customers before, too.  Irritating.

Can anyone help me out???

So my family and I live in San Jose California 

In June 2015 our family rented a house and we paid for garbage and other utilities. In July 2015 the garbage policy changed so the garbage bill went to the home owners property tax. During our stay at the rental house, we had many issues with the landlord. The landlord and his son would come to the house like it was their storage room. They would come in and leave stuff behind without notifying us. We ended up locking the backyard door so the landlord and his son would call us if they needed to get something from our backyard. Btw they also left their trailer in our driveway and didn't even end up changing their address so we would constantly have to give them their mail. So back to the point. After locking the backyard door I guess the landlord was upset since he couldn't use the house freely like he did before and told us we were allowed to leave the house whenever we wanted before the lease ended. So yesterday was our last day at the house and we had the landlord come in and check the house so we could get our security deposit. Guess what!! He said that he couldn't give it back to us!!! He said we had two years worth of garabage bill we needed to pay so he would deduct that from the security deposit and he was going to deep clean the house because we made the house a mess which is a lie because we spent so much time making the house spotless because we knew that he was going to come up with nonsense in order to not give us our security deposit. So if we had to pay for garabage, why in the world did his son come every week and throw his junk in our our driveway?? Why didn't he send us the bill? And he also said he was going to take us to court for not giving him a 30 day notice that we were moving when he told us to leave ASAP!! 

What should we do??

@dbsg lub3r I seriously advise you to contact a lawyer to see if there's anything you can do. Or perhaps he can do for you.

My knowledge of American law is about as slim as my wallet: virtually non existent.

In the Netherlands, tennants are well protected by law but I have no clue what American law would say about this. A lawyer would be able to tell you though.

7 hours ago, CamelKnight said:

@dbsg lub3r I seriously advise you to contact a lawyer to see if there's anything you can do. Or perhaps he can do for you.

My knowledge of American law is about as slim as my wallet: virtually non existent.

In the Netherlands, tennants are well protected by law but I have no clue what American law would say about this. A lawyer would be able to tell you though.

Thank you for your help.

On 18.02.2017 at 2:36 PM, Ondřej Procházka said:

Hey, buddies! I need your help. I have an urgent business trip to St.Petersburg. I will have free time, but I've already been there several times, so, to be honest, i am not really interested in touristic sightseeing places..Can you tell me some really good places to hang out, e.g. night clubs, strip bars?

hey, Ondřej. Ive been to SPB many times, coz my friends live there, so I have visited a great number of bars. So first of all, Dumskaya street. Funny, noisy place, here u can find as natives as foreigners, its a must for u to visit. Then may be Lomonosov bar, SPB bar, The Hat Bar(just ordinary bars with a good service and stuff level). And what about strip bars, ive been to one: Zavist bar, and it was quiet good, many beautiful girls and relaxing atmosphere

my boss just released my department's next work schedule. and though I normally feel satisfied with my assigned schedules in the past, I'm actually very angry with this one that came out.

since I work in the hospital, our work schedule is usually requested 2 months in advance. we call it "turning in our availabilities." Those who have either a full-time or part-time position usually will get priorities when it comes to days we want off or holidays we chose to be off or prefer to work. I've been working there for almost 5 years, and I was offered a full-time position 2 years ago. I work sporadic hours because I tend to get train to learn different sides of my department because I'm a fast learner, so they usually have me work varying shifts because I'm a stronger employee. mind you, I originated in the ER, so having to learn the admitting side is a lot to deal with, but I managed to learned it very quickly.

from the time I was per diem, up until today that I'm full-time, I have busted my richard simmons and make it a point to come to work all my scheduled days. my boss didn't hear me complain, but now, I'm losing out to these new employees who haven't even been in the department for a year, but were given a position even though work ethic-wise/skilled-wise, they're not up to par. now, the schedule has one of these newbies getting set hours, which is totally not fair. as far as seniority is concern, I have more priority over them, so I'm angry that my boss gave these newbies more consideration just because they wanna work in the ER more, rather than talk to me first about my opinion on the matter.

should I have a talk with my boss about this, or just have HR handle it? what do u guys think?

8 hours ago, LadyIgraine said:

should I have a talk with my boss about this

Talk to your boss first. Be reasonable and let him talk so you get a chance to talk too. There's no need (and in fact it will only work counterproductive) if you go of on a rampage from the get go. Even HR wont be able to do a thing for you then :) 

On 3/1/2017 at 9:44 AM, dbsg lub3r said:

Can anyone help me out???

So my family and I live in San Jose California 

In June 2015 our family rented a house and we paid for garbage and other utilities. In July 2015 the garbage policy changed so the garbage bill went to the home owners property tax. During our stay at the rental house, we had many issues with the landlord. The landlord and his son would come to the house like it was their storage room. They would come in and leave stuff behind without notifying us. We ended up locking the backyard door so the landlord and his son would call us if they needed to get something from our backyard. Btw they also left their trailer in our driveway and didn't even end up changing their address so we would constantly have to give them their mail. So back to the point. After locking the backyard door I guess the landlord was upset since he couldn't use the house freely like he did before and told us we were allowed to leave the house whenever we wanted before the lease ended. So yesterday was our last day at the house and we had the landlord come in and check the house so we could get our security deposit. Guess what!! He said that he couldn't give it back to us!!! He said we had two years worth of garabage bill we needed to pay so he would deduct that from the security deposit and he was going to deep clean the house because we made the house a mess which is a lie because we spent so much time making the house spotless because we knew that he was going to come up with nonsense in order to not give us our security deposit. So if we had to pay for garabage, why in the world did his son come every week and throw his junk in our our driveway?? Why didn't he send us the bill? And he also said he was going to take us to court for not giving him a 30 day notice that we were moving when he told us to leave ASAP!! 

What should we do??

landlord isnt giving us our security deposit and is now making us pay over $3000!!!