- Public Enemies - [2009]

Guest run_lola_run

Guest Myss Blewm

I saw this movie on Friday night. It was really good! The shaky camera got me a bit dizzy at times but it was really good no less. Very well done, and it makes me wonder how accurate to life this film was to the real story. Either way, John Dillinger was mad badass and crazy. Depp did a very well done job in this movie. He was excellent, as always. Christian Bale as Melvin Purvis had a beautiful grace and confidence about him that I loved. I'm not much of a Bale fan either, but he did well in this film. Although, I think it was due to the fact that when Marion Cotillard's Billie Frechette got beat up by that bubble gum detective, Purvis came to let her go and then carried her out of there because she couldn't stand. I cried at that part because I'm a crybaby.

Guest mz simmonz

While I always acknowledged Johnny Depp as a handsome man, I never found him to be that HOT until I saw promotions for "Public Enemies"..this movie looks really good! They have some really good actors here..hope it doesn't turn out to be like "American Gangster"..soo much hype around it..the story seemed good, it landed Denzel to play the lead role..but I honestly didn't think it lived up to the hype..but with that aside, I'm really interested in watching this one, it's got a speakeasy charm.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jay Chou

what did everyone think of the film?

i haven't seen it yet

but based on yahoo reviews, it seems the reviews are very mixed

some say is good and some say is bad

Guest Hap^_____^PY

Watched this last week....I fell asleep.....it wasn't my cup of tea but my friend loved it! I guess I fell asleep because we watched it at 12 am.....and the movie was 2 in a half hours long.

Guest angelcadex

Saw this movie yesterday and gotta say I enjoyed it. Very good acting.

Yes the camera direction is questionable I'm still trying to understand that but it wasn't as bothersome to me as others have made it sound like.

Guest dare2move

this was awful.

they could've done so much with a stacked cast but they didn't use anybody to their potential.

all the characters were shallow, under-developped, and honestly, this was just a film to SEE. not to ENJOY. you would see this film for the cool costumes, big guns, and gunfire. anybody would enjoy johnny depp in a suit and big guns, but not for 2 hrs. sorry.

Guest ripgal

Agreed. The movie just wasted Johnny Depp and Christian Bale's talent. Especially Christian Bale, half the time I felt sorry for him because he was just so underused. As much as I admire Johnny Depp (and his hotness), his role as John Dillinger did not do much for me. His acting was good, but I don't know...the premise of his character just wasn't exciting or captivating enough? He was too one-dimensional. And needless to say, CB's Melvin Purvis was just like a sidekick from the beginning till the end. And the girl...uhh...no comment. She's pretty, but forgettable.

All in all, I was disappointed by the movie. If you want a bunch of violence and stuff, the movie is for you. If you want hot guys, the movie is for you.

But if you want a good story, Public Enemies will disappoint.

Archived