[japan Movie 2009] ごくせん Gokusen The Movie

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

NAKAMA YUKIE, MIURA HARUMA, TAKAKI YUYA, TAMAMORI YUTA

The popular drama series "Gokusen" is getting a movie version this summer. After three highly-rated seasons, the film will be the last time that lead actress Yukie Nakama plays the role of the teacher Yankumi.

The third season of "Gokusen" aired last spring and ended with a successful 22.8% average rating. The movie takes place after the graduation of that season's third-year class, which includes students played by Yuya Takaki and Haruma Miura. The story is related to a special episode airing on March 28 that deals with a big confrontation between the third-year students and the second-year students. In the movie, the same characters are involved again, but the story is set during the following school year.

The leader of the second-year students in the drama special is played by Kis-My-Ft2 member Yuta Tamamori, who has never acted in a television drama before. He will also appear in the movie.

NTV's Toya Sato, who worked on the dramas, is directing. The film is scheduled to open in July.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest xradiostatic

OMG.

i am so excited for this. gokusen was one of the first jdramas i ever watched and it's still one of my favorites!

i wonder if any of the guys (oguri shun, matsumoto jun and company) will make any short cameos in the film. ^_^

Guest rice_baby

^ I doubt that any of them would be making cameos.

It's about time. I love the series but I do think it's about time to end it. Smart to make a movie so they can still capitalize on the popularity.

Guest run_lola_run

I'm glad they are finally making a movie but sad because none of the boys from season 1 and 2 will be in it, in particular Matsumoto Jun. I didn't really like Season 3 much. <_<

Guest NO NAME?

Manga-Based Gokusen TV Drama Gets Film Finale in July

posted on 2009-03-04 04:30 EST

Yukie Nakama to reprise role from Kozueko Morimoto's school comedy

The live-action drama adaptation of Kozueko Morimoto's school comedy manga will end with a theatrical film this July. 29-year-old Yukie Nakama will reprise her starring role of Kumiko "Yankumi" Yamaguchi, the high school teacher with yakuza ties, one last time for the film. She already played the character in three top-rated television series over the last seven years and will appear in a "Graduation Special" that airs in Japan this month.

Haruma Miura (Ren Kazama) and Yuuya Takaki (Yamato Ogata) will return from the third live-action Gokusen series as recent graduates. The third season's second-year students will become "Yankumi's" new third-year class in the movie, as led by first-time television drama actor Yūta Tamamori of the Johnny's Jr. idol group Kis-My-Ft2. Veteran film director Junya Satō (live-action Golgo 13) will assist Toya Sato (live-action Grave of the Fireflies, Sexy Voice and Robo), the director of every television version of Gokusen, on the film project.

NTV had announced that the third live-action Gokusen series was the highest rated television drama series of 2008. The 11 episodes scored a record 22.8% average rating in the Kanto region of metropolitan Tokyo. The first episode alone earned a 26.4% in April. The 2003 graduation special of the original 2002 Gokusen television series earned an 18% rating, while the special for the second live-action series (2005) garnered a record 32.5%. Media Blasters released the television animated version of the manga in North America from 2004 to 2005.

Source: Sankei Sports via Tokyograph, Anime News Network

Guest Ana_lih

^

okay let me see if i get this

in the movie Yuya and Miura's characters will be already graduated and Yuta will be a 3rd year?!

I happy for Yuta, he never get much attention in kis-my-ft2

and i bet Mr Johnny is going to put more of his boys in the movie, cause Yuta's characters needs a gang right?!

Guest hazelkenro

i would really glad if the cast Of GOKUsen 1&2 are here specially kame, akanishi and teppei hayami and shun and jun hehehe!

Guest xiaoxing04

i would really glad if the cast Of GOKUsen 1&2 are here specially kame, akanishi and teppei hayami and shun and jun hehehe!

^ or hayami mokomichi..^___^

Guest ichigo_no_powder

Noooooo if anything Season 1 should get the movie :tongue2: :tongue2:

i agree. i grew to love the casts for season 2 and 3 but season 1's students are the original.

yay i'm so excited about this!

Guest Justalilodreamer

the film will be the last time that lead actress Yukie Nakama plays the role of the teacher Yankumi.

:o :o omg thats depressing!

Gokusen will never be the same if its not played by Yukie Nakama :tears::tears:

Guest mezzxanne

I totally think that they should put the casts from the first two, and if they cant do it for both just do the original because the original cast of students were AWESOME~~~~

:P :P :P :P :P :P

Archived