Blackberry Thread

Guest loverlyxcth

i dropped my bb in water T_______T

i pulled it out immediately and the battery and inside wasn't soaking..

i took everything apart right after

dried it with a paper towel

used a fan to dry out the water

shook the water out

and stuck it in a bowl of rice covered with plastic wrap

time to wait 48 hours..

has anyone else dropped their phone in water before?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sugar.X.JeJung

I wonder is there any site that provide cute themes for blackberry?

it's hard to find one :/ (something with cute icons but doesn't covering the wallpaper we use)

I find this site: http://cafe.naver.com/appleiphone.cafe

provide many cute themes but it's for iPhone T______T

please share some links that provide cute themes for the berries :D

Guest bbygrlx

i know that there are new bbms coming out in the 3rd quarter, around september and so far, i read that it's for verizon. does anyone know if at&t will also carry bbms as well? i don't want to switch to verizon just to get the blackberry bold touch =[

Guest cjshin

So... I dropped my Blackberry Bold on the floor and the battery fell out.

After I rebooted it, there was a white screen with the words "WIPING".

I've been looking through the internet all morning and to me, it seems like the only way to wipe out a blackberry is by either manually wiping it out or by entering the wrong password ten times!

Can someone please help? I don't understand why all my contacts and messages and EVERYTHING has been wiped out because I dropped it on the floor!

I called Verizon and he said it was totally possible because the wires or something might have gotten messed up. But seriously, is there any way to fix this? :(

Guest originalhype

which do you guys prefer: bb torch or curve?!

Curve, torch is bulky and shouldn't even be consider a blackberry.

Guest 43829

I have both the Torch and the Curve 3G. Torch is 23907527942423704 times better than the Curve, it's also BlackBerry's current flagship phone, the Curve is just a base model BlackBerry, just look at the phone specs. The Curve feels cheap, it has the worst camera and video recording capabilities out of all the phones I've had, the screen resolution is also very small (320x240).

It does look good though, and the keyboard is more ergonomic compared to the Torch, but the keyboard also feels a lot cheaper than the Torch, you get a very cheap plastic feel compared the the sturdy one on the Torch.

Contrary to the person that posted above me, the Torch is not even 1mm thicker than the Curve 3G (14.6 mm vs 13.9 mm), I can barely even tell when put side to side.

Did I mention the Torch is a touchscreen too? It's not even a comparison. It's like comparing a base model BMW 3 Series to an M3.

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=3203&idPhone2=3422

Guest oscrawr

Which Blackberry model do you own? ----> 9780 . (:

Did you personalize/alter it? ----> YES. YES. YES.

If so (to the above question), how? ----> housing, LED keypad colors.

What OS do you have? What's your provider? ----> 6.0. ;; fido.

What theme do you have? ----> bb 6.0; I like this one. :sweatingbullets:

Where'd you download/get this theme? ----> //

Ringtone? ----> never change; sam ock.

Text tone? ----> light speed remix.

Anything else? ----> PICTURES ! (:

282555_10150743971530261_749265260_20047576_6436223_n.jpg

198705_10150743971855261_749265260_20047583_2806571_n.jpg

283540_10150743972230261_749265260_20047590_3283275_n.jpg

Guest kkbluvv

There's a new kakao talk app for the blackberry, but it's in beta version.

Here's the link http://www.kakao.com/blackberry/obt

Does anyone know how to actually get it working on their bb though? It's a .jad file so I have no idea how to dl it onto my phone..

Guest iced.cappuccino

Anyone here getting the Bold 9900 that's coming out soon?  Supposedly being released on August 31st by T-Mobile.  Unfortunately, leaked info shows it'll be released without UMA/wi-fi calling, but maybe later on with an update from RIM.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kkbluvv

^ Hi! Just type in the url on your bb's browser :)

Do you need data on your bb to do that? Because I don't have data and I don't want to accidentally pay for using browser :/

Guest AiMango

Do you need data on your bb to do that? Because I don't have data and I don't want to accidentally pay for using browser :/

Find a location with wifi. This will not use any data.

Short review on the new models: I've played with all of them. The new bold 9900 is not bad, a little bit wider and added Touch support, great for guy hands, personally I would choose 9780 over it still. Torch 9860 is interesting, most people would see it as an improved Storm since it is an all touch screen, just no more press down to type haha. The new Curve 9360 isn't even touch screen though : / 9810 is just a silver version of Torch 9800 with 7.0 OS. Sadly, booting up still takes forever for all of these guys. So, I think the only Apple/Android competition out of the batch is the 9860.

Guest omgitscrystal

Hi guys! I'm facing a problem! Not sure whether is it because of blackberry though

You see, when one of my friend sends me a text message, i'll only receive half of it.

And the message will state "[receiving message]" but it never fully sends...It started happening as soon as I changed to blackberry!

Before that was a nokia model, and the problem that happened was my friend receives other of my messages :wacko:

And weirdly enough, it only happens to one of my friend. And the same thing goes for my friend as well. He only needs to resend messages to me..

Guest kayana20

I found this thread again so happy i makes things much simpler. I have a question does the service suck for Blackberry? I never can seem to make calls at work or in certain parts of Ny and sometimes receive my text messages the next day. Is this just my phone or does this happen to other people too?

I just ordered my Torch 9850 from The Big Red today so I'll probably get it Monday. The long wait is finally over. I've been eligible for an upgrade since May of last year but I held on to my Storm and waited patiently for another touch screen. So excited!

Archived