Rap Song For Audition..

Guest Boe

need suggestions!!
So I wanna go for YG =)

But in my demo, I also want to include one korean and one english rap song,,

but I need help to find one!

I can rapp, but not like, Lil'Mama,, shes so smooth..

I can do twista's hope rap but,,, I can only do one verse then I'm done xD

I can do dead and gone, but I'm not sure if thats a good song to audition with..

and in koreann,,, omgg all i've heard is big bangg..

i tried to do teddy's rap taeyang's prayer...very very bad =\

please help me!

i'm willing to practice to whatever it takes,, so im open to all suggestions!

Guest dubledeath

Have you heard any of Estelle's songs? Shine is really good. It's rap, and then there are parts where she sings. The whole thing would really sound impressive if you can pull it off.

@ dubledeath

today, i was just listening to american boy @ school cus i watching the breaking team practice,,

but that's the only estelle ive heardd...what estelle songs do you suggestt?? =D

@ junghiwon

my friends all tell me to listen to epik high cus they know i like to rapp...

which songs do u suggest?? i havent really listened to epik high yet =\

Guest dubledeath

Estelle: SHINE (title of album, but also the title of the song). That's the one with the rap and the actual singing. Or IN THE RAIN. It's more of a slow, rhythmic song than a rap. It sounds very hip-hop. SO MUCH OUT THE WAY. But it's hard to make it sound good without an MR

Epik High: RUNAWAY [MITHRA'S WORD]. It's a very guttural rap. So if you're able to rap without music and still make it sound as if you have a bass beat backing you up, this song would be amazing. HON. It's great. That's all.

And Musiq Soulchild's SPECIAL is ok. Although it's a guy song about a girl, if that bothers you.

Guest superstar`kiss

For whole rap songs--and the chorus is singing, you should try out MC Sniper songs.

He always has the best songs ever. They're beautiful, even though they're rap. The chorus is really catchy also.

Suggestion MC Sniper songs:

"Sping, Come Back"

"BK Love"

"Gloomy Sunday"

"Blue Road (마지막 눈물)" ft. JUST

"Where Am I?"

g'luck!

@ junghiwon

yeh i was gona including singing too,,

but i wanna show as much of as i can =\

blehh im soo shooting for the moon right here.

edit: *searches for translations*

i just scanned through what I could find of epik high's 3rd album..

is most of the lyrics about living in the cruel world,,

and hardcore stuff like that?

Guest Neko-Yama

like people above said, it depends on personal preference...

i'd go for Epik High or Wheesung ( i like insomnia, but it's hard to pull off )

Guest nanjiyoun

You can try rapping to 1TYM's Hot Ddeuguh o_o

Orrrrrrrr..rap to Lil' Kim's part in Lady Marmalade xD

Guest chemical9

are you fluent in korean? cos if you aren't, i suggest that you just send in an english song. cus according to their website, you have to send a full song. you can't cut. and i think you MUST sing at least one song. :) also, you might wanna try rapping lil mama's raps in your own style? i'm sure you can do it. all the best!

@ chemical9

yeh im not fluent =(

but then im already going to send in a song ..

i was just gona see if i can try rapping too xDDD

yah maybe i should stick to rapping in english :P oh well,, ill try a little bit of everything.

Guest mannebellee

There's a song by a 1/2 African American 1/2 Korean rapper, Tasha.

It's called "Black Happiness"

Guest JWonNie

If you're going to go for YG, I suggest songs/raps from Seo Taeji...

As a YG trainee, Seo Taeji songs are like... the basic foundation for everything you'll be trained for there.

Or any raps that fit your style.

I believe YG goes more for whether your style/voice fits the songs/styles rather than if you're really good.

Like, if you were GD, you wouldn't audition with a ballad song, or if you were Tae Jinah, you wouldn't want to try rapping lol.

Also, it's good to show that you're persistant & intense & "agressive" (not passive) about being a singer.

Show CEO Yang that you really want to be a singer xD

Also, I suggest not auditioning with Big Bang songs...

Anyways... that's my suggestion :]

your one & only

-wonnie

@ JWonNie

OMG,, thank you so much for that,,, it's so informative!

It's been my dream to get into YG since the first time I heard Wheesung and Big Mama [my first korean idols]

I love the music they make, gahh,, i could spazz about YG for 7 days straight...LOL

SeoTaiji? Got it,,

Before I was debating with somebody else on another thread [i think the YG audition thread] about auditioning with songs by current artists under the label, I said no, but another netizen said it is okay because YG is a big company and they have professionalism in mind. In MY mind it's still no LOL.

So i should look for a good style...well my voice is a bit low for girls..=="

My friends are suprisied I can sing soprano to begin with...but yeah,, my regular voice is quite low..

And i love that whole hard-core thing with strong backbeats...and techno...lalala``

BUT THANKS SO MUCH,, your post was super super helpful...

i was wondering where you get ur info about YG?? is it just like me, years and years of web creeping around sites about YG..xDD

• 1 month later...
Guest allimon

SOO THE SAME AS MEE. big bang songs are okay, but they will compare you, SO DONT SING A BIG BANG SONG. if english is better, american boy or kanye west of something like that. korean? hmm.... big bang is the only ones. LOL. or....... some girl group songs. like AH-after school, nobody-wondergirls. etc

WOOT, thanks for everybody's suggestions :D

[i almost thought this thread died =(]

okay so no big bang songs for suree,, and estelle and lil'mama? got it =)

and for korean,, i MIGHT try epik high ~.~" probably gona fail but, hey no harm trying..~

so far i've been working on haru haru by big bang just for fun,, maybe i'll record my friend and I and post it up some time =D

it's gona be totally instrumental too, cus another friend of mine is playing the accompanment for it =D

Archived