Soompi Duet Contest Voting Thread

Guest cellobello

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest love_fate&destiny

hip pop...okies. :D thank you! :D

I was kind of confused...I knew it couldn't be the third theme yet....so it had to be either the first or second theme. ^_^

So then, what about the second theme? Does it have its own voting thread? Or is it not posted up yet???

Guest paaserby_262

VOTING!

7__Jin Tian Ni Yao Jia Gei Wo [Round 1].mp3

6.5__Don't Cheat [Round 1].mp3

6__Umbrella [Round1].mp3

6.5__La La La [Round1].mp3

4__Too Much [Round1].mp3

7__부재중 전화 [Round1].mp3 (I SO LIKE THIS ONE!)

5.5__Number 1 [Round1].mp3

5__Love Love Love [Round1].mp3

5.5__Everytime we Touch [Round1].mp3

4__Saranghae [Round1].mp3

6__How Gee [Round1].mp3

4.5__Gone [Round1].mp3

5.5__This Love [Round1].mp3

5.5__Dangerous [Round1].mp3

4.5__1 mintue 1 second [Round1].mp3

4.5__1, 2 Step [Round1].mp3

love_fate

It wouldn't take long if you just click the link i gave you.

Info are mostly posted there on when are the dates for elimination and new theme...=)

that chinese song is so not hip hop.... compared to the other songs...it really doesnt compare

and some who are to be ranked among the lowest are getting ranked the highest scores....

seriously guys this is beginning to turn into america's best dance crew....

vote right

vote because of the quality of the song

not cuz its you're 'friend' ....thats what ive been seeing....

its not right seriously

i apologize for being harsh actually...no i dont... that REALLY isnt right

i think we just needd more clarification on the song selections cause some people are not paying attention to the themes , or dont understand what is the difference between hiphop rnb and pop

Guest babigurl87

i agree also .. this has turn into a popularity contest instead of talent .. for example .. some groups were great .. but was scored very low .. and some songs should not be considered hip hop and should be disqualified from the start .. so yea thats my opinion

adding to the point about the themes.

I think the points should have more scores for "theme" rather than "overall song"

since being in "theme" is more important than singing good in overall.

probably a 3 points for theme and 2 points for overall song.

Guest foxy_sarang2

I agree with everyone,

me too got confused about the theme cuz double check all the songs only few are really hiphop.

others arent really hiphop...now im all scrambled.....i was kind of struck cuz i just followed the criteria...now im soo confused

that how come the point for proper theme is only 1 pt? it should atleast be 3 pts or somthing. You know guys it's not the other songs fault they were able to enter the contest. Remember that those songs were screened during submition....plus...those who submitted should have done their parts on the research if the song they submitted fits the theme or not...

Maybe our jobs here will come in...let's kick out those who are not deseving.^^ base on that criteria given

Reminder: here it is:: i believe people who voted just followed this...I mean no harm...don't be too shallow about the theme guys!

Criteria for voice quality should also be included...

Why not revise the criteria and let's all vote again FAIRLY :P lol

Love you all. we are all friends! Go soompi!

Does the song fit the theme? (1pt)

Does it seem well sung? (1pt)

Do the two voices fit well? (1 pt)

Did you like the final product of the song? (3 pt)

Does it seem like they singers gaver their effort? (1 pt)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ps: criteria and screening should have been clear in the very first place :P but no hard feeling k?!

that chinese song is so not hip hop.... compared to the other songs...it really doesnt compare

and some who are to be ranked among the lowest are getting ranked the highest scores....

seriously guys this is beginning to turn into america's best dance crew....

vote right

vote because of the quality of the song

not cuz its you're 'friend' ....thats what ive been seeing....

its not right seriously

i apologize for being harsh actually...no i dont... that REALLY isnt right

lol i'm chinese and to be honest i personally love that chinese song it's pop mix with hiphop no doubt about that..but other songs are not also hiphop..so why the fuss lol...

but we're friends right????..nothing really personal, just like other i voted base on the quality..i think we all learn from this..

so all you coming voters....decide well

love you all guys..let us not be hard on each other...:P

Guest ledolce

Love Love Love - 6

Gone - 3

How Gee - 5

jintianniyaojiageiwo - 6

Don't Cheat - 3

Too Much - 4

This Love - 4

부재중 전화 - 6.5

1 Minute 1 Second - 4

Umbrella - 4

Saranghae - 6

1,2 Step - 4

La La La - 5

Dangerous - 4

Everytime We Touch - 5

Number 1 - 5

Everyone one did a good job.

But there are a few who really stand out!

I'm really amazed with the rappers !!!

Guest chuxinlove

I agree with everyone,

me too got confused about the theme cuz double check all the songs only few are really hiphop.

others arent really hiphop...now im all scrambled.....i was kind of struck cuz i just followed the criteria...now im soo confused

that how come the point for proper theme is only 1 pt? it should atleast be 3 pts or somthing. You know guys it's not the other songs fault they were able to enter the contest. Remember that those songs were screened during submition....plus...those who submitted should have done their parts on the research if the song they submitted fits the theme or not...

Maybe our jobs here will come in...let's kick out those who are not deseving.^^ base on that criteria given

Reminder: here it is:: i believe people who voted just followed this...I mean no harm...don't be too shallow about the theme guys!

Why not revise the criteria and let's all vote again FAIRLY :P lol

Love you all. we are all friends! Go soompi!

Does the song fit the theme? (1pt)

Does it seem well sung? (1pt)

Do the two voices fit well? (1 pt)

Did you like the final product of the song? (3 pt)

Does it seem like they singers gaver their effort? (1 pt)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ps: criteria and screening should have been clear in the very first place :P but no hard feeling k?!

lol i'm chinese and to be honest i personally love that chinese song it's pop mix with hiphop no doubt about that..but other songs are not also hiphop..so why the fuss lol...

but we're friends right????..nothing really personal, just like other i voted base on the quality..i think we all learn from this..

Thanks much foxy_sarang...^_^

i didnt know u were chinese.. but now i know..:)

thanks much again..^^,

peace to everyone.. i think we should enjoy here... this is a rare opportunity for all the contestants..

everyone worked so hard and used their time for this contest so try to be more considerate..^^,

have fun guys..:) all the singers have done their best for all of you soompiers.:)

well, it's not fair on the ones that took the risk to do a real hiphop song, i guess... It doesn't have anything to do with being friends, enjoying it or taking the effort and what not (although i do think some people isn't as fair with votes when there is friends involved but that's expected cuz it always been like that here oO). As for the chinese song... no offense but it doesn't soung one bit hiphop. It sounds completely pop-ish even with a bit of folkness so I personally gave them 5 points or something like that on my votes ( considering the highest got 6'5 on them ... no perfect scores) cuz I loved them but I thought it didn't really fit the theme ( and It didn't grasp my attention enough, i guess ). Only a few of the songs here can be considered hiphop too...as Lamassu said just because there is raps it doesn't make the song hiphop.

Dangerous - 4 guy girl duet? again? lol..sorry sorry lol!!!

you should know we don't even pick our partners. If you didn't like it then that's okay ( nothing wrong with that ) but that comment is a bit uncalled for, imo oO.

Guest twinkerbell

^ Agree with that and LAMASSU. Many DBSK, Suju, Wonder Girls songs have a rap in it but that doesn't make them hip-hop.

I think voters didn't really gave the points according to the criteria Cello posted, they just gave for the overall song and i really don't think it's fair.

Sure, i loved some songs here too because they were sung amazingly but if they weren't hip-hop-ish i didn't give them that point for the theme issue.

So people, vote fair from now on and be aware of the CRITERIA for voting.

Completely agree with Eider, that song is pop/folk-ish.

Guess the problem is different people have different interpretations of genres.

But a rap in a song, does not make that song hip hop, imo ^^;

And yeah, contests are always about popularity to some extent, if you can't deal with that, don't enter :lol:

In any contest, people get friends to vote for them. On tv, on forums, anywhere. :)

FOXY SARANG IS RIGHT IN WHAT SHE SAID I AM 1000 PERCEYNT AGREEING WITH HER IM SOREY WAHEHEHE\M/

Good for you. Really don't see what this is adding to the thread. Calm down and stop consuming so much sugar o0 :lol:

And no, she's not. :x

don't be too shallow about the theme guys!

The theme is one of the criteria. Some people didn't follow the theme, so they lose points. It's not being shallow. It's being fair. :/

...it is. o.0

"Does it seem well sung? (1pt)"

just like other i voted base on the quality.

what about the other criteria? :/

... it's a contest. It's not about being friends or not. We're all here to judge everyone else's clips, (supposedly objectively) kinda hard to do that without being hard on the people who did less well at meeting the criteria? :blink:

Anyway. My brother's being a richard simmons and not 'allowing' me to stream or download because 'I'm scrimming, don't

touch my connection, b****.' So I'll edit when I've listened to them all. -.-

But for now:

La La La - 5

Dangerous - 6

jintianniyaojiageiwo - 5

Don't Cheat - 3

Umbrella - 6

Too Much - 4

부재중 전화 - 6.5 <33

Number 1 - 3.5 <- wtf it's really short. Future rounds- maybe have a requirement that it's a full song, rather than a 1min intro track? ^^"

Love Love Love - 6

1, 2 Step - 4

Everytime We Touch - 5.5

Saranghae - 6

How Gee - 5

This Love - 5

1 minute 1 second - 3.5

v lol your song is hiphop/RnB-balladish anyway :) <3

The comments made about other songs aren't nasty anyway o__0? They're just pointing out that the songs don't fit the criteria. It's nothing mean or personal.

Guest szechuanie

haha, I'm not DEFENDING my song choice at all. so I don't want any NASTY comments made about that.

edit: WOW..ok ok so bad word choice.... I just thought the TONE of some of your comments sounded a bit negative to me so that why I said nasty. (BUT THAT'S MY OPINION)

I AM ALL ABOUT expressing your own opinions... I have nothing against that. but there are ways to express opinion without singling groups out.

and everyone is free to express how they feel about unfair voting or unfair circumstances.

but those things can't really be helped..........

we should just move on and just try to make the rules more clear for the next rounds.

but like chilovesjj said it IS all arbitrary because everyone has different views about what makes a song hip hop.

a slow song or fast song doesn't determine whether or not its hiphop.

people said a RAP in the song doesn't make it hiphop.

NOT EVERYONE WILL AGREE ON THIS but WHAT makes it hiphop? the beat? the song style? a song that is ALL RAP?

since people decided hiphop isn't a theme but a genre... it's also unfair to tell people that their song isn't hiphop. MAYBE in YOUR viewpoint it isn't but for the singers, it may be their idea of a hiphop song (AGAIN I'm not defending MY personal song choice, so if you make some comment about that I won't be happy...) (and i specifically remember stating that i wasn't being defensive)

It think its pretty pointless to change the voting criteria for the 1st round, but if people have a problem with it, we should just eliminate the first round and just start fresh with round 2's theme.

Guest chuxinlove

haha, I'm not DEFENDING my song choice at all. so I don't want any NASTY comments made about that.

but like chilovesjj said it IS all arbitrary because everyone has different views about what makes a song hip hop.

a slow song or fast song doesn't determine whether or not its hiphop.

people said a RAP in the song doesn't make it hiphop.

NOT EVERYONE WILL AGREE ON THIS but WHAT makes it hiphop? the beat? the song style? a song that is ALL RAP?

since people decided hiphop isn't a theme but a genre... it's also unfair to tell people that their song isn't hiphop. MAYBE in YOUR viewpoint it isn't but for the singers, it may be their idea of a hiphop song (AGAIN I'm not defending MY personal song choice, so if you make some comment about that I won't be happy...)

It think its pretty pointless to change the voting criteria for the 1st round, but if people have a problem with it, we should just eliminate the first round and just start fresh with round 2's theme.

Hear..hear..~

So now saying what we think about something is nasty? I think some of you are acting a bit defensive and maybe without reason to do so too. I'm sorry if it hurts but aren't we supposed to criticize the songs to be able to vote fairly? I think yes. Nothing wrong with the criteria, imo. It's just the way people isn't following the said criteria or rules that bothers me a tiny bit. Not sticking completly to the theme/genre or whatever is our own issue ( we just get a point reduced , don't we? we are supposed to, according to the criteria ) but it doesn't mean we can't comment on it. Don't read between lines, there's nothing there, not in my post, at least. I just want to clear that up. I stated my facts. I don't want any change to be made from it oO.

Guest uhohhitzkc

Love Love Love

4/7

-.5 well sung. (offtune, weak, monotoned)

-1pt. final product

-.5 effort (could've been better

Gone

3.5/7

-not well sung (off tune)

-.5 voices fit

-1 pt. final product

How Gee

6/7

-2pt. final product

-absolutely adorable

jintianniyaojiageiwo

4.5/7

-doesn't fit theme

-1.5 for final product.

Don't Cheat

2/7

-not well sung

-voices don't fit

-did not like the final product.

Too Much

2.5/7

-.5 *SINGING wasn't COMPLETELY bad

-voices don't fit

-did not like final product

부재중 전화

6/7

-2 pt. final product (offkey notes)

1 Minute 1 Second

3.5/7

-.5 well sung

-voices dont fit

-1pt. final product

Umbrella

3/7

-not well sung

-voices don't fit. (wrong harmonizations)

-1 pt. final product

Saranghae

4.5/7

-.5 well sung

-1 pt. final product

1,2 Step

3.5/7

-.5 well sung

-voices don't fit

-1pt. final product

La La La

3/7

-not well sung (ridiculously off tune)

-voices don't fit. (harmonies don't fit)

-1 pt. final product

Dangerous

3.5/7

-.5 well sung

-voices don't fit

-1pt. final product

Everytime We Touch

4/7

-not well sung (offtune)

-voices don't fit. (song not in the range of both singers)

-2 pt. final product

Number 1

2/7

-not well sung

-voices don't fit (off timing)

-1pt. final product

-effort? could've been better

This Love

4/7

-.5 well sung

-.5 voices fit

-1pt. final product

personally i think everyone should just stfu and take the damned vote. either way this should be an anonymous poll not some freaking post. how do you know people are just voting for their friends. its not something you can just assume. you don't know for fact. there are certain things people can hear and can't. and while doing my vote, i realized its more the scoring draft. some people deserved lower than what they got. and theme?? completely stupid. thats based on opinion. we should already know the majority doesn't know for a fact the genre of each song. what do u expect everyone to do look all that bs up just so you people can get a higher score? or make sure someone else you think sucks should get lower than you. stop being selfish. stop being fussy about some damned internet crack. not like it should be something way serious anyways. if this was a poll none of you would have anything to say.

edit:\\*

if anyone wants full flat out comments on their songs in full detail, then request. i have no problem letting you know what was wrong with it, or reason

in my scoring. i will give full explanation.

Archived