[Drama 2001] Beautiful Days 아름다운 날들

rubie

Beautiful Days - SBS 2001

title20.jpg

cast:

Lee Byung Hun, Choi Ji Woo, Ryu Shi Won, Lee Jung Hyun, Shin Min Ah

Yun Soo (Choi Ji Woo) and Sae Na (Lee Jung Hyun) grew up like sisters in an orphanage. Yun Soo is the nice, sweet, beautiful, etc., while Sae Na is bad-tempered, stubborn, and extremely selfish but carries a lot of pain with her. When they were little girls growing up, they got a visit from the president of a large record company and his stepson, Sun Jae (Ryu Shi Won). Sun Jae's real father was killed by his stepfather although no one knows the truth. His mom (Lee Kyung Jin), remarried when Sun Jae was around 10, but Sun Jae believes that his stepfather is is real father and his mom was a mistress. His stepfather has two other children, Min Chul (Lee Byung Hun), and Min Ji (Shin Min Ah). They hate Sun Jae and his mom for barging into their lives. When they are all grown, Yun Soo starts working at the record store managed by Min Chul to look for Sae Na, who she lost contact with 5 years earlier. Sae Na wants to be a singer so Yun Soo hopes that she will see her there someday. But when Yun Soo finds Sae Na, a misunderstanding keeps Sae Na from growing close with Yun Soo. To make matters worse, Sae Na falls for Sun Jae, while Sun Jae and Yun Soo grow close. Yun Soo is deadly caught between two guys while Sae Na struggles to be a singer. Also, will the truth about Sun Jae's father ever be revealed?

comments:

very addicting drama with a good plot. the ending is not so obvious and the casting is pretty good too.

title29.jpg

L-R: Lee Byung Hun, Choi Ji Woo, Lee Jung Hyun, Ryu Si Won & Shin Min Ah

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pics of the cast

title23.jpg

Lee Byung Hun as Lee Min Chul

title27.jpg

Choi Ji Woo as Kim Yeon Soo

title10.jpg

Ryu Shi Won as Lee Seon Jae

title11.jpg

Lee Jung Hyun as Kim Sae Na

title12.jpg

Lee Yoo Jin as Kang Na Rae

title13.jpg

Shin Min Ah as Lee Min Ji

title28.jpg

Other supporting cast

Credits to Planet BH0712

Background of the characters

mc.gif

Lee Min-chul (Lee Byung-hun)

Decisive and arrogant, Min-chul is the son of Lee Sung-chun. His father's marriage leads to a long-standing hostility with his step-brother, Lee San-jae. His greatest concern is his sister, Min-ji, who is rebellious and confused in life. He is strongly attracted to Yeon-soo and opens his heart to her however, the realisation of his father's past crime threatens to destroy his newly found happiness.

ys.gif

Kim Yeon-soo (Choi Ji-woo)

Gentle and optimistic, Yeon-soo is an orphan with a zest for life and dreams of being an artist. She devotes her sisterly love to Sae-na, despite their misunderstanding. As Min-ji's governess, she patiently guides her in life, in spite of Min-ji's hostility. Despite San-jae's affection for her, she stands firm in her love for Min-chul however her illness lands her in an emotional struggle of her love for Min-chul.

sj.gif

Lee San-jae (Ryu Si-won)

Kind at heart, San-jae is the son of Lee Yong-jun and Jang Myong-ja. Faced with Min-chul's hostility since young, he attempts to bridge their differences, however, his affections for Yeon-soo further widen their relationship. With a deep passion for music, he explores his talent under a pseudonym, Zero. The realisation of Yong-jun’s actual death and his actual birthright corners him into a dilemma.

sn.gif

Kim Sae-na (Lee Jung-hyun)

Wilful but kind at heart, Sae-na harbours dreams of being a successful singer. Orphaned since young, she finds a friend in Yeon-soo but her misunderstanding towards Yeon-soo creates a rift in their sisterly love. Sae-na develops a crush on San-jae but is dismayed to learn of his affections for Yeon-soo, this further threatens her trust for Yeon-soo. However, Yeon-soo's sincerity and illness touches her and they rebuild their relationship.

mj.gif

Lee Min-ji (Shin Min-ah)

Hostile and rebellious, Min-ji is estranged from her father because of his marriage to Myong-ja. Her only solace is Min-chul, whom she adores and respects. She deems Yeon-soo's presence as an intrusion and Yeon-soo’s affection for her brother rakes her jealousy. However, Yeon-soo’s patience and sincerity tugs at her heart and she embraces their friendship whole-heartedly. Sung-chun’s scandal forces her to mature rapidly and she abandons her rebellious nature.

nr.gif

Kang Na-rae (Lee Yu-jin)

Boisterous and helpful, Na-rae is Yeon-soo's closest friend and confidante. She showers her with much care and shares her responsibility for Sae-na . She strongly objects to Yeon-soo's love for Min-chul due to the discrepancy in their status, however, she later plays a major part in their reconciliation. With Sae-na's step into stardom, she fulfils her dreams of being an artiste manager.

Lee Sung-chun (Lee Jung-kil)

Sung-chun accidentally killed his best friend, Lee Yong-jun over a dispute. Carrying a torch for Yong-jun's wife, he keeps his crime a secret and married her, resulting in a rift with his own children. Upon Kyong-hee's return, his secret is exposed which leads to Myong-ja's suicide. The scandal takes a toll on his business and destroys his relationship with San-jae, however, he finds comfort in Min-chul and Min-ji's forgiveness.

Jang Myong-ja (Lee Kyong-jin)

Kind-hearted and submissive, Myong-ja is a victim of circumstances. For the sake of her son, San-jae, she agrees to marry Sung-chun after her husband's death, which incurs the wrath of his children. When Min-chul finally realises the truth, his amiability warms her and she looks forward to better days ; unfortunately, the truth of Yong-jun’s death crumbles her, guilt-stricken, she turns to suicide.

Yang Kyong-hee (Lee Hee-hyang)

A famous singer in her heyday, Kyong-hee was framed by Sung-chun for a drug charge. She learns of Yong-jun's death and is unable to forgive Myong-ja for remarrying. Upon learning of Sung-chun’s involvement in Yong-jun's death, she leads San-jae to the truth and convinces him to seek revenge for his father. Impressed with Sae-na's talent, she offers her an opportunity to be a singer.

BD Guide credits to http://beaudays.tripod.com and images from PlanetBH0712

Guest luv dramas

Does anyone know where I can get the song sung by Lee Byun Hun in the original OST? I purchased the OST for this drama when it was rebroadcast in our area but that song--I think it was #14 on the track was not there. It is a beautiful song.

^ hi luv dramas. sorry i don't have the file right now but don't worry, i'm sure someone could give you a link for the song :)

avatar-bdhug.gifavatar-victorykiss.gifavatar-bdforever.gifchula-bdavatar.gif

minchulBBL.jpg

minchul.jpg

graphics by ME. please upload on your own photobucket account in case you ever want to use it :)

==============================================

being my first korean drama, i've only heard of CJW - not LBH. when i first saw him, i wasn't really impressed with his looks and i found the blonde highlights weird. :lol:

but as i watched the drama, just like Yeon Soo, i was drawn to him. :blush: the way he looks at her - his character in the first episodes are intimidating (since his character is initially meant to be the villain anyway) but it appealed to me. i even like that suspenseful music being played whenever Min Chul gets close to Yeon Soo, ie. in the office when Yeon Soo dropped her stuff and Min Chul was touching her hair, notty notty! Min Chul's a jealous man too ... but i wouldn't mind :lol:

Yeon Soo is my favorite CJW character. she has a strong will. there wasn't really any "girl torn between two men she loves" situation here - she knows who she wants and she'll fight for her love. her weakness is her little sister Sena.

omo, i rambled too much :lol: i'll finish this later.

Guest Mrs. Lee

Does anyone know where I can get the song sung by Lee Byun Hun in the original OST? I purchased the OST for this drama when it was rebroadcast in our area but that song--I think it was #14 on the track was not there. It is a beautiful song.

here's the link of For The Last Love sang by BH...enjoy!...Let me know if u were able to DL it fine...:D

http://s27.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1JJ3NAN...MU2QVZ06IUFGHAB

Guest Mrs. Lee

being my first korean drama, i've only heard of CJW - not LBH. when i first saw him, i wasn't really impressed with his looks and i found the blonde highlights weird. :lol:

but as i watched the drama, just like Yeon Soo, i was drawn to him. :blush: the way he looks at her - his character in the first episodes are intimidating (since his character is initially meant to be the villain anyway) but it appealed to me. i even like that suspenseful music being played whenever Min Chul gets close to Yeon Soo, ie. in the office when Yeon Soo dropped her stuff and Min Chul was touching her hair, notty notty! Min Chul's a jealous man too ... but i wouldn't mind :lol:

Yeon Soo is my favorite CJW character. she has a strong will. there wasn't really any "girl torn between two men she loves" situation here - she knows who she wants and she'll fight for her love. her weakness is her little sister Sena.

omo, i rambled too much :lol: i'll finish this later.

I know the feeling Chula! I think everyone wasn't drawn to BH at first glance... :P

I remember way back 2003 (Oct I think), I was at our clinic when I first saw BD...I was changing channels looking for something interesting to watch when I saw BD being shown....anyway, I was not really concentrating in watching it....talking to my brother while glancing on the TV once in a while....It was I think almost halfway already...somewhere around ep 11 or 12... then all of a sudden MINCHUL came out! and I was like dumbfounded....embarrassing to say but I was telling my brother is that the lead actor??? Yuk ang panget! (not handsome!)...even my bro agreed with me! shame on me huh! :lol:and the hair!!! I said to myself what's with the hair??? it's so yucky! :lol: But I don't know... there was something with BD that made me open the TV everyday during the timeslot and watched it... As I continued watching it I was slowly being drawn and mesmerized by MINCHUL!...ooohhh...the stares and that killer smile! :wub: and great acting too! When I saw a VCD copy of BD the following month, I grabbed it and did a marathon for 2 days straight! I ate my words already about BH being "panget" ! I am now hook, crazy, addict on BH! :wub:

haaay! me rambling too much too! I am really a crazy BD/BH fan hence my old USERNAME LBHCrazy! :lol:

Guest luv dramas

Mrs. Lee,

Thank you! Kamsahamida!! I didn't know if I would be successful because I am not very good with technology but I was able to download it. I will enjoy listening to this song!

Guest Mrs. Lee

some of my fave scenes :wub: :wub:

the train/subway scene...

4-1.jpg

The Cherry Blossom Park scene :wub:

BD_pic12.jpg

BD_pic14.jpg

The Elevator scene :wub:

cap03.jpg

Hi Rubie! looks like we 2 are in a BD mood! :P

caps from planetBH, byunghunzzang and mousey

Min-chul, weary of the earlier happenings, returns to the company. He is surprised to see Yeon-soo busy at work. Teasing her a little, he makes her a cup of tea. Yeon-soo is deeply touched by Min-chul's sensitive ways.

From Beautiful Days Yahoo! Group & caps from Planet BH0712

3-2.jpg

Guest Mrs. Lee

the Kiss over the phone scene ...so cute!!!! :wub:

Minchul calling Yeonsoo to tell he cannot pick her up for their engagement ceromony...Yeonsoo tells Minchul it's okay and will go with Saena instead and before putting the phone down gave Minchul a kiss over the phone!...just love Minchul's boyish grin! :wub: :wub: :wub:"kilig"

E-mailKissoverthephonescene.jpg

The classic scene of all... BD's love... :wub:

The tears on the window.....

Yeon-soo arrives at work the following morning, still unable to forget the scene with Sae-na. Min-chul arrives and witness her tears through the glass window, unable to stop himself, he starts to wipe her tears through the window. His actions leaves Yeon-soo in a daze.

2-3.jpg

From beaudays.tripod.com, caps from Planet BH0712

^Gigi-hunnie... your BD caps are awesome! Love the "phone kiss" the best and of course the heart-shaped coffee! :wub: Keep 'em coming!

-------------------------

The first time they met... accidental??? Fated??? Love coincidental??? :lol:

1-2.jpg

p/s: anyone seeing this the first time will have the same exact impression of Minchul... domineering, bossy... even ruthless? He'll do anything for the company... nothing & no one matters... yet...

yea... they have a lot of chemistry.. Lee Byung Hun and Choi Jin Woo... hehe.. i really liked the movie Everybody Has Secrets... that was a cute movie that brought them back together...

does any of u guys know where i could dl this in a clubbox? i want it to be HQ... so 700 MB with eng. subs...

Related captures from various sites & fan-sharing at EverythingLBH and LBH-soompi.com

Check out more photos compiled at our Gallery & Related update here 

EverythingLBH.com thanks every fan-sharing ardently with our utmost gratitude

February 2, 2005

LEE BYUNG HUN's "BEAUTIFUL DAYS" MUSICAL CONCERT WILL START FROM 8TH MARCH IN JAPAN

Source: LBH MagicBox, translated by Pei-LBH.SG with thanks to Aldersgate for the highlight

Korean drama "Beautiful days" which was shown over Japan NHK station, will be holding a country-wide musical tour in Japan as from 8th March. 

This is the 2nd Musical concert after "Winter Sonata"... artists who will be appearing will be the Singer from "Heaven" and Zero who sang "Promise". The group band "SENS" will also be performing. Lead actor - Lee Byung hun will be appearing as well thru video. 

Choi Ji Woo also performed in the "Winter Sonata" Musical concert last year. This time the organizers organised this "Beautiful days Musical Concert" which will be held from 8th March, will be set off from Japan's International conference hall as the starting point and throughout the other places of Japan.

April 14, 2005

Lee Byung-heon, Choi Ji-woo to Participate in "Beautiful Days" Concert in Japan

Source: KBS Global

"Hallyu" stars Lee Byung-heon and Choi Ji-woo will appear in the final "Beautiful Days" concert in Tokyo, Japan, next month. Japanese dailies including Sankei Sports and Sports Nippon reported April 13 that the two stars will visit Japan to participate in the final concert to be held May 6-7 at the Tokyo International Forum.

The Japanese media wrote that while Lee and Choi's visit has been confirmed, the organizers of the concert still have to decide in what manner the two will appear onstage. Apparently, they will greet their fans onstage, and the best scenes of the drama "Beautiful Days" will be shown onscreen. Japanese newspapers are placing high expectations on the concert as it will be the first time Lee and Choi will appear in Japan in public together.

The "Beautiful Days" concerts were staged to celebrate the popularity of the same-titled miniseries starring Lee and Choi. "Beautiful Days" gained enormous popularity in Japan when it aired after "Winter Sonata." The concerts have been held eight times between March 8 and April 11 in the Tokyo International Forum and the Festival Hall in Osaka. 

The final concert featuring Lee and Choi will become a kind of grand finale celebrating the drama's success.

"The popularity of drama-related concerts in Japan can be ascribed to the fact that they present audiences with an opportunity to see 'hallyu' stars in person. We are doing our utmost to ensure the success of this concert," said Yedang Entertainment, Choi's agency and the concert's organizer.

Lee Byung-hun & Choi Ji-woo to Appear in Concert

Source: tour2Korea.com

Lee Byung-hun and Choi Ji-woo are scheduled to appear at the final concert for the drama Beautiful Days, in Tokyo, Japan on May 6 and 7. 

The concert will be broadcast on NHK. The TV miniseries/drama, Beautiful Days was extremely well received by Japanese fans. Eight other Beautiful Days anniversary concerts have been held since March 8, but this concert is said to be the last. 

The actors have both had great success in Japan and have held many events and fan meetings separately. However, this will be the first time that the two have come together in Japan to participate in an event. Reports of the two Korean Wave (Hallyu) stars have already been reported throughout Japan and fans are extremely excited about the event. It is not yet confirmed in what manner they appear on stage together. 

February 7, 2005

Lee Byung Hun's 'Beautiful Days' Musical Concert Starting March 8th in Japan

Source: LBH Magicbox Taiwan, translated by Pei-LBH.SG

200501221811220100_1.jpg

Korean drama "Beautiful days" which was shown over NHK Japan, will be featured in a country-wide musical tour in Japan as from 8th March. 

This is the 2nd Musical concert after "Winter Sonata"... artists who will be appearing will be the Singer from "Heaven" and Zero who sang "Promise". The group band "SENS" will also be performing. Lead actor - Lee Byung hun will be appearing as well through video. 

Choi Ji Woo also performed in the "Winter Sonata" Musical concert last year. This time the organizers organized this "Beautiful days Musical Concert" which will be held from 8th March, will be set off from Japan's International conference hall as the starting point and throughout the other places of Japan.

Mischievous Minji getting into trouble... worrying her brother and everyone at home. Can't help but feel sorry for their stepmother who tried so hard to please them... an awkward situation being led to the worst.

0000000892221_O.jpg

^ was it coffee or hot cocoa? :huh::P i forgot! :lol:

yea... they have a lot of chemistry.. Lee Byung Hun and Choi Jin Woo... hehe.. i really liked the movie Everybody Has Secrets... that was a cute movie that brought them back together...

does any of u guys know where i could dl this in a clubbox? i want it to be HQ... so 700 MB with eng. subs...

welcome to the thread YellowStarGirl. unfortunately, there aren't any BD in HQ available in any clubbox as far as i know. i'm not even sure if we'll ever see BD in Clubbox because SBS shows are now on NOWCOM's prohibited list. party poopers! :(

i think they only way you could watch BD for now is to download the Torrent files at d-addicts.

Archived