[Drama 2001] Beautiful Days 아름다운 날들

rubie

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Felicia, thank you so much for the review. :)

A lot of us are often worried about English Subs being so bad that we can't understand what the characters are saying.

For Korean version, those from SBS sometimes have very bad subs.

Glad to be of help, Kdramafanusa but after watching few more episodes, I notice that the script has not been fully translated according to the dialogue. What was missing could be minor and I think the overall gist of the story has been well translated though it’s still not to the standard I expected of if compared to fan-subs, ie. WithS2. :)

Congrats, Fel chingu on your new BD dvd set. :D

I remember when Mrs. Lee (Gigi) and I found out that there is already one being sold in Divisoria. We were thrilled to death. :w00t: I watched it initially on vcd and the subs are fan-made so it was good.

My omma is the one who actually bought for me while Gigi even showed her pics while buying it in Divi and the pic sof the dvd. The visual is good but i had bloody ears and nose becoz of the english transalation. Calling Minchul monitor instead of Manager gave me goosebumps. Worst the handout given had wrong info on the stars/characters. :wacko:

It's funny coz i was just watching BD last nite for lack of anything else to watch. Just finished rewinding Air City and i missed my HUNnie with CJW so i thot of BD. :P

Oh yeah, Ella, I can understand the happiness written in your face when you see your favorite K-drama available in the store. It’s like striking gold…hehehe!! Aigoooo….the bad subs can really spoil the pleasure of watching a good drama. :phew: It happened to me many times including my first round of watching BD. Anyways, with KBS World now easily available in most countries, it gives us some kind of consolation – well, hope SBS and MBC will offer such services to us soon.

So are you speed-forwarding to the hot scenes only or watching at slow pace, like me? :lol::w00t:

Wow, Felicia, I am so envy of your BD DVD. The last time I was at Speedy and Popular, I didn't see any. Maybe they don't have in Ipoh. The one I saw were vcd which I already have, in Malay and Chinese sub only.:unsure:

Don’t worry Ching, I am sure you’ll be able to get a copy in any of the stores soon. I happen to hang around these shops at least once a week and I must have been one of those who made an early discovery of the release. Hope you can own a copy soon. Good luck chingu! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK...here's sharing my thoughts on BD...... :D

I made a conscious choice not to read some of the comments posted in this thread as I kind of wanted to post my “virgin-thoughts” based on my second round of watching with English sub-titles. Belief it or not, after watching from the beginning up to Episode 6, I realize that I’ve only managed to recap less than 50% from my first indulgence (shame on me…and all I can remember are those tongue twisting and lip suction scenes…oops!) :w00t:. This time I am able to grasp the storyline in details and that made analyzing each of the characters, concentrating on their dialogues, gestures and facial expressions possible. I appreciated them more than before especially on Min Chul’s character. I kind of disliked him when I first watched this drama three years ago – totally biased since I was rooting for SJ with YS (the Truth-couple).

My impression on Min Chul (after observing him till Episode 6)…..

Whenever he appears, striding in style with his eyes nestled behind dark designer frames, I felt as though a tsunami-flow-of-air had just struck the shop! Having said that, his magnetic presence distracted all employees’ concentration out of their work flow – all eyes were suddenly drawn towards his direction! Ah….on the contrary, Min Chul made no effort to hide the special attention he focused on an individual in his group of employees – the very demure looking Yoon Soo (at one grab, he found her…remember their first encounter). :P

I am sure YS finds it disturbing whenever he shoots her an intimidating glance! MC was manipulating YS by keeping her wondering about his intentions. He has sort of trapped her into “guess-my-actions” – his mute-struck-mode is being compromised with lots-of-gesturing that could have sent different messages and if intentional, it’s definitely a power move! Aigoooo……I would have been just as dumb-founded like Yoon Soo – poor gal and she already has enough of worries and gomapsnida for piling yet another burden on her! I don’t know whether you gals realized it or not – whenever MC cast a look at YS, I can see the smallest of smiles tug her lips. I think she would be able to respond with an attractive-reciprocal smile if not for his lightning-cast-a-look! I don’t know why I always keep thinking along this line …. he doesn’t intend to impose on her but he already hadl!. Another of his power-move, I guess. Sometimes, I wish she pay less attention on him – just ignore him and he’ll suffer curiosity-pangs ….however, this is not the scenario…(she seemed like shooting him back with a yearning look…"Please…please tell me what’s on your mind?”) and then Min Chul replied through eye-contact…."Go on…keep guessing?”…You interest me -- that kind of line! :o OMO! This is truly a tiresome-eye-shooting game…..however, one of the most moving gestures of MC is during a scene when he witnessed YS in tears and instantly he responded by wiping YS’s tears on the glass partition that separated both of them – that was genuinely an awesome script! :D

One of the highlights……

There’s this scene where MC requested YS to draw a picture of him and I am impressed with the details of the following scenes …..the camera was focusing on both their eyes and then moved on to different angle of MC’s face and lastly the lenses landed on his shoulder. All these focuses were exactly-sketched on the drawing pad and I observe MC’s eyes were brazenly assessing her just as much as she did for art-inspired sake. He shot her a look of gratitude mixed with something undecipherable. "Good to meet you, nice to exchange barter-trade with you and happy to hang around with you …”. At a glance of the portrait, he quickly withdrew his offer from an initial deal of paying for it and then without her permission, self-converted the deal as a gift from YS. I think it’s not so much of how artistically-impressive she drew the portrait but the unforgettable tantalizing moments of being captured on paper pleasured him so much that he wanted it as gift-worthy! By his own actions yet “still-in-denial-mode” (I felt it that way), he has slowly grown very very fond of her – maybe towards forming a likelihood of advancing one step further than being just boss-worker relationship. I think he still hasn’t pick up the love-mood yet coz he is still on a cross-road of phobia-commitment! Remember, he once said to Minji that he can’t imagine himself falling in love with anyone…..and yet bound by brotherly-commitment that he won’t enter the marriage-phase!

Yoon-Soo, the juggler…..(I think she cried too much too often…as YS….)

Like in most of the typical K-scripted female lead, YS has a very pleasing character, nurturing spirit and lots of energy and determination – a very positive aspect that what she does will make people around her happy. Once she touches you on the right nerve and connects you to her, you’ll see the transformation of joy in their faces. Unfortunately, it took her very long to touch Sena’s heart, she’s an exceptional case even worse than Minji. She spread happiness to both Min Chul and Sun Jae when she resides in their home – what a world of difference from where it was before she entered into their lives.

YS’s pressure mounted sky-high as she keeps all the balls in the air – juggling her job as Sales Assistant at VR and suffering silently over the abusive treatment from Ms. Arrogant, tutoring and babysitting Minji including finding all sorts of entertaining-working-methods to win her over, resorting to buying gifts to please the ever-unforgiving Sena, and while trying to find time for herself she has to succumb to Min Chul’s whims and fancy yoyo-mood – all of it bore her down heavily, almost suffocating her. I think the only time that she can be “herself” and let her hair down is when she gets to enjoy Sun-Jae’s companionship – especially when he entertains her with his musical talent. Of course, with love-is-in-the-air soon, she will soon taste happiness and lips-locking with on-and-off, Mr Cool, sometimes turn Mr Moody and soon-to-be Mr Grin!

Lee Minji, tormented-soul living in a hatred-box ….(she has not learned the art of crying from the inside to “let-go”). Forgiving her father was the best-method….if only she could do that, she would have healed her sore-heart sooner ….. :phew:

Minji is the sort of sister who idolized her older brother and they are very, very joined I would say. They are twin-like and MC’s a huge part of her life. There is an enormous amount of support and love there. She really wouldn’t have gotten through parts of life without him – the kind of combativeness sibling relationship! She was convinced every woman who gets near MC was trying to marry her bachelor brother (one of the most eligible namjas). All these yojas included YS are a threat to her position as his most beloved person in his life.

Her repeated outbursts and incredible temper tantrums left Sun-Jae’s Omma in tears and whenever Minji declares a war-zone, SJ-Omma constantly wore an expression of imminent defeat! :(

Ommoni aka unwelcomed step-omma, the conflict avoider….

The relationship between MC and his step-mum is like at anytime one of them will not walk but sink on a thin ice. Sometimes when he apologized to her, I couldn’t be sure if he was really sorry or politely sorry because she’s been less than welcoming to him as a stepmother. Of all the things she had done for the siblings (Sun-Jae had been reminding his Omma that all her years of efforts has never been appreciated), I think she was kind of fishing for some acknowledgment rather than compliments all these years. She’s somewhat a conflict avoider! She’s always sounding over-eager to help them whenever she sees fit – however, these two blood-ties siblings especially hot-tempered Minji doesn’t want her to cross the line. I think her appearance itself angered Minji at any time. If I remember correctly, Minji always refer her stepmother as you – or her or she! At least Min Chul has been forgiving – addressing her as “Ommoni”! :D

A real fighter and the most heroic “stand-by-me” character is Kang Narae…..

She’s someone anyone would gladly want to keep as forever-buddies!! She gave her hearts out unconditionally to Yoon Soo and then later to Sena – constantly sheltering both of them in times of need – rain or shine! Despite her financial condition, she was willing to do anything at all for the sake of friendship. She’s so lovable and full of zest when she sets her mind in becoming the most popular Artiste Manager – her intention is real when she went all out to groom Sena! I adore her tough character as much as I admire the way Lee Yu Jin portrayed her.

Ms Arrogant, the Store Manager - can’t be bothered to remember her name….

I am sure you gals agree that we all despise the self-centred, Store Manager who has a huge crushed over Min Chul but her wish fulfillment had to stay strictly within the realm of fantasy. She’s so disgusting and annoying every time I see her on-screen – I can’t help but to laugh out loud on the scene when news broke out that YS was MC’s partner at the annual party (for the music industry) – she almost brought the whole store down and from then on, she kept a weather eye out for signs of YS-misadventure with MC~…hehehe! :lol: She’s so loud-mouthed, rude, arrogantly flaunting and she does nothing but to play office politics to stay at her position. :fury:

To be continued ….two important characters yet to unveil…Lee Sun Jae and Kim Sena….and maybe on Lee Sung Chun.

Felicia dear, I always love to read your interesting reviews. I am anxiously waiting for part 2. :P

Yup, the scene where MC “wiped” YS’s tears through the glass pane, that is a classic scene. :lol:

The scene that got me to continue watching BD in the beginning is the one you mentioned, (at one grab, he found her…remember their first encounter).

He is so cool. :phew:

To Hyc, thank you very much for taking the time to upload Beautiful Days with Eng subs. :) I've always wanted to rewatch this with Eng subs. I bought the VCD copy of this drama a few years ago, and sad to say the quality was not really very good. Moreover, the subs were not in English but was in Chinese and Malay.

I believe you uploaded the wrong file for Ep 7 Part 1. It's actually Ep 8 Part 1. Can you please reupload Ep 7 Part 1 again? Sorry for all the trouble.

To Hyc, thank you very much for taking the time to upload Beautiful Days with Eng subs. :) I've always wanted to rewatch this with Eng subs. I bought the VCD copy of this drama a few years ago, and sad to say the quality was not really very good. Moreover, the subs were not in English but was in Chinese and Malay.

I believe you uploaded the wrong file for Ep 7 Part 1. It's actually Ep 8 Part 1. Can you please reupload Ep 7 Part 1 again? Sorry for all the trouble.

starstruck, thanks for the info. I will upload Episode 7 Part 1 again. :P

BD Episode 7 Part 1

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=19d...bd29d7547dbf691

Thanks Ching for giving me words of encouragement – here’s the continuation of the characters review….. :)

Kim Sena, bold and daring – a quality that leads her to move ahead, to take a chance and aim higher than her other peers but I think she hasn’t been successful in navigating her own feelings……

The sworn-sisters relationship has been very close indeed better than most blood-ties siblings. However, their friendship has been rocked after YS failed to meet Sena at the promised-venue “Seoul Tower”… Sena is hurt and torn and can’t do anything without turning into rage whenever she sees the slightest sight of YS. The strain was apparent on Sena’s face and she’s so good in executing those fury-inferno facial expressions. :fury:

Sena thought Yoon Soo’s trust faltered while YS felt that an unhealable rift had appeared. YS tried all means to salvage their relationship but there is still unresolved anger from Sena’s side. She feels YS betrayed her trust and despite hurling her with taunted words, I am sure she regretted saying any of those the moment it shoots out of her mouth. I think she needs to release all those pent-up feelings from her system otherwise she’d probably hate YS more. They were drifting apart and the only source of updates YS gets is from Narae …however, with Sun Jae’s encouragement, a tensed YS patiently stood by Sena when she went through an emotional breakdown after the shame-performance - these two had a teary reunion but it’s all worth it – though Sena had made it clear it was YS’s shoulder that she wanted to cry on and not meant to interpret that she has forgiven her. Aigooo…..so much pride! :rolleyes:

Sena is known for her independent streak, carving all opportunities available to link back ties with the Lees – interestingly Senior Lee. She has an intense artistic drive and confidence that amazes me – she experiences extreme low and extreme highs and that makes her insanely brave and strong! Not realizing that it was YS that gave her the “stepping stone”, she thought her talent won her over, err…. maybe with some luck or was it her deliberate-bumping into Senior Lee that helped her to realize her dreams?!? :unsure:

Sena's candid and she made known to people around her about her intentions and she’s not about to hide her feelings. I think the way she goes about trying to impress the record company of her talent-worthiness makes you think she’s a real fighter. At times I wonder why they bother to put the two loggerheads together (Minji’s best friend whom I think was chosen due to links) during the grooming sessions. They both try their utmost best to outwit and challenge each other. Talented or not, somehow, their fate will soon be made known but the childish-ways they behaved around other talents, somehow gave me a distasteful feelings – those “open-stabbing” scenes of them. On the brighter side, sometimes, both of them stir up some humor with their “you-gonna-be-dead” or “see-whose-gonna-win” gesturing. These two-wannabe singers are good at spiking each other especially the eyes shooting daggers scenes! :wacko:

Sena who has depended on SJ has slowly fallen in love with him or could it be that his status was too good to pass off as just “chingu”. I honestly felt Sena genuinely fell for SJ because of his personality. If Sena keeps trying to cage SJ in, she’ll soon find out no-one has ever been able to control him (not even his parents) – with a kind-hearted nature, he does feel a bit obligated to help shape her life and also her career path. The way he behaves around her is slightly more than a concerned platonic friend – she’s the kind which will not make his heart flutter! I would say their affinity started way back when they met in the orphanage home though it was Yoon Soo whom had given him a deeper impression between the two of them. :blink:

She’s brutally honest and shoots her mouth off without considering other people’s feelings. Being a survivor, she’s aiming to strike out anyone who posed a threat to her plan – even YS will not be spared! Shades of jealousy slid across her face and gradually replaced with devilry as she realized SJ’s relationship with YS has grown much deeper than she envisaged – which took her by surprise! Such a huge blow to her – she has just begun to accept and forgive YS but her recent discovery had led her sink into another unforgiving-love-hate rivalry-mode between the two. :(

Sun Jae – is my very own “McSweetie”, one of the most adorable characters…..

Sun Jae is the most charming and unpretentious type of person – I am totally besotted with his character. He lighted up my life with his sweet and infectious smile – those crinkles around his eyes played havoc with my pulse – and unconsciously, I responded with a silly smile directed at the TV screen – aigooo….that infectious! It’s so rare to script an almost flawless character – he is lovable, accessible, innocent and committed and I can’t help but to pity him as he was the victim of family-feud. If not for his Omma, I am convinced Sun Jae would have left the home as soon as he is independently-capable! :D

Something just crossed my mind…..

That bungalow has bad “chi” – it brought unhappiness and chaotic to all the Lees’ who live in that home and later in 2003 with some renovations, the Hans’ moved in and suffered the same fate….(referring to the drama, Stairway to Heaven) – it was worst, HJS succumbed to death. Sorry, a bit off-topic but just can’t help but to compare…… :vicx:

Sun-Jae’s was fascinated by YS’s kindness and she spread peace and happiness at their home. One thing led to another – he was soon attracted to her which developed into something more complicated when the two brothers fought for her love! SJ and YS has become increasingly close but I think both of them has different definition of their relationship – while SJ wants to become more than friends – love-boat bound, YS was more interesting in trying to allow space and opportunity for SJ to develop his feelings for Sena. SJ is aware of YS’s intention and was frustrated with her motives! I begin to grow more frustrated than SJ as I always think his perseverance and dedication to YS scored higher marks than MC. Well, no matter how much effort SJ put in – he would be defeated by MC as it was YS who decides where her heart belongs to….. :rolleyes:

While the rest of the world may think Sun Jae’s talent in music is pure coincidental due to his family’s business, the truth is far from that! His music background is genetically inherited from his biological father. I strongly believe the “other father” banned him from exposing his music talents are linked to his wrongdoing – a nightmarish reminder that haunts him! Moreover, if Sun Jae gets musically involved, he is most likely be exposed to people who were acquainted to his real father. Being very proud of SJ’s accomplishment as a soon-to-be qualified doctor, he wanted him to stay filial (his own son, MC failed to lift up to his expectations in this aspect) and acknowledges him as his father. I think in that way, he felt a complete sense of pride in bringing up Sun Jae, the way he would have wanted both his children to turn out to be. So far, he has been successful in sending his restraining order to SJ – of course, unknowingly to all (other than the viewers), instead of setting being a singer as a target, he set out to being the song writer and record something that he really enjoys and happy with to soothe his stressed-out and bruised-feelings . A cyber-singer is born without the knowledge of his own family! B)

Lee Sung Chun, a father who remains an almost absent-figure, distant, intimidating – someone I don’t think any of us would be proud to call him "Appah or Aboji"…..

On the surface, Min Chul has an enviable life, yet no one know how painfully he went through life after his mother’s death. I blame his father for all the hardships and misunderstandings that led him to grow controversially rebellious – a could-have been avoided character developed through years of resentment and anger – thanks to Mr Lee Sung Chun. I despised his father’s character …first of all, how could he bring his mistress back to the family as soon as his wife is laid to rest? Secondly, why on earth did he lie to his children about SJ’s identity? It never occurred to him that his children’s psychological well-being was shaped unhealthily as they grow and it certainly makes you question the issue of morality here! He is such an uneducated father let alone condemning him as a murderer! Such a loser! The tension among the three of them was under the surface and ready to explode! Part of Min Chul’s life has been a deliberate attempt not to repeat mistakes of his father. Speaking on this, I blame Sun Jae’s Omma for marrying into the Lee’s family (coincidentally, SJ’s real father has the same surname). :ph34r:

There’s this particular scene I wish to highlight - what Mimi said to Myung Ja (Sun Jae’s mother) led me to explore deeper as to the reasons why she chose to marry MC’s father. When Mimi discovered that MJ has kept the identity of SJ’s real father from him, she felt a stab of disappointment. She kind of jolted my thoughts when she queried MJ…”Would you think lying to SJ about his real identity will make him happier?” Anio…it will has a reverse-effect! Reality speaking, I felt hiding the truth about such an important identification will affect the child’s upbringing which as proven (drama and real-life speaking) will eventually lead to hatred – the truth will always prevail, it’s just a matter of time! Truth hurts but in my opinion, it’s a much wiser decision to reveal the truth once the child is capable to understand. SJ's Omma has painted a wrong picture of his identity and I don't think it's easy to forgive her.... :tears:

OK….I am sure many mothers in her position would have thought it was a wise decision in consideration that SJ lost his father even before he was born. After-all, LSC with his guilty conscience (MJ was unaware what causes her husband’s death) must have shown lots of compassion towards both of them – topped-up with the fact that MJ could be his old-flame! On the other hand, I don’t understand why she chose to end up as LSC’s mistress (though I’ve got a hint that LSC has a thing-or-two for her when they first appeared on-screen in Episode 1 and then later on when he revealed that both of them has went through a lot and it’s time they should not be bothered about what other people think except taste happiness which is now within their grasp)! Err…..don’t you think that’s very, very selfish of them – all in the name of “happiness” without considering the children’s feeling and welfare! :crazy:

First of all, with her late husband’s estate, I am sure she can afford to bring up SJ as a single mother. She’s so vulnerable and non-opinionated type of person – I guess with this type of character, she would probably think what she’s doing is for the best of Sun Jae’s development - grow up healthily with a father and so-called half-siblings. I believe LSC must have gone through great lengths to show how much he cared for them and finally, convince her into marrying him after the death of his wife. He must have thought this is the best solutions he can offer for causing the death of her husband. I think I’ve gone way overboard with my personal insights. Mianneh….. :vicx:

Guest dramalover

Glad to be of help, Kdramafanusa but after watching few more episodes, I notice that the script has not been fully translated according to the dialogue. What was missing could be minor and I think the overall gist of the story has been well translated though it’s still not to the standard I expected of if compared to fan-subs, ie. WithS2. :)

Oh yeah, Ella, I can understand the happiness written in your face when you see your favorite K-drama available in the store. It’s like striking gold…hehehe!! Aigoooo….the bad subs can really spoil the pleasure of watching a good drama. :phew: It happened to me many times including my first round of watching BD. Anyways, with KBS World now easily available in most countries, it gives us some kind of consolation – well, hope SBS and MBC will offer such services to us soon.

So are you speed-forwarding to the hot scenes only or watching at slow pace, like me? :lol::w00t:

Don’t worry Ching, I am sure you’ll be able to get a copy in any of the stores soon. I happen to hang around these shops at least once a week and I must have been one of those who made an early discovery of the release. Hope you can own a copy soon. Good luck chingu! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK...here's sharing my thoughts on BD...... :D

To be continued ….two important characters yet to unveil…Lee Sun Jae and Kim Sena….and maybe on Lee Sung Chun.

It's always nice and pleasant to read your thoughts and comments chingu ..I'm glad you found a good BD dvd in your country with a reasonable price..It cost $125+ a copy in Hawaii but all the goodies included..I'm just lucky that KBS World,MBC America and KBFD which telecast mostly SBS drama are accessible in my country..

Love Yoon Soo and Sun Jae together..Can't wait for the continuation..:D

June 14, 2008

앙드레김이 뽑은 최고의 배우는? 최지우-이병헌!

2008061414197_2008061422291.jpg

Thanks to Janice at EverythingLBH for the gist

Any famous artist would dream to hit the runway of Designer Andre Kim fashion stage at least once in their life time. During the SBS show, Kim openly shared his passions & challenges of his fashion industry over the past 46 years & his praise on CJW & LBH has attracted much interest.

When asked who has the perfect figure among all the stars he had invited for the fashion exhibit, without hesistation, Andre said it's definitely CJW. He said she has the most ideal figure for a model, very balanced, from head to toe. He further added that LBH has mersmerizing & penetrating eyes and that he has leadership charisma quality in him. The designer recalled that during Cairo Fashion Exhibition years ago, BH's gaze was very passionate & piercing during the catwalk something like that.

Source: www.hankyung.com

2008061414197_2008061422281.jpg

News bites: June 14, 2008

June 14th, 2008 // by javabeans

Fashion designer Andre Kim (who’s had a long career but hasn’t seemed to have a new idea in years) tells The Star Show that of all the numerous celebrities he’s worked with, sob queen Choi Jiwoo is the star with the perfect body. (He lists Lee Byung Heon as the most charismatic male actor.)

Source: www.dramabeans.com

June 14, 2008

Andre Kim, "Choi Ji-woo has the most perfect body"

20080614113925.jpg

World-famous designer Andre Kim praised Choi Ji-woo and Lee Byeong-Heon.

Andre Kim, who recently came out on SBS "The Star Show", revealed stories about his challenges, passion, and family.

He picked Choi Ji-woo as the star with the most perfect body. "Choi Ji-woo has an ideal figure. She is lean but has perfect balance".

He picked Lee Byeong-Heon as the actor with the most handsome charisma. "His eyes are alive. The fashion show in Cairo he participated in was grand".

Andre Kim also revealed his interesting fate with Michael Jackson. His truthful stories were aired on the 16th at 11 pm.

Original Korean article at news.empas.com

English translation courtesy hancinema.net

Photo from web.reviewstar.net

A long journey watching Beautiful Days.. with a cliche first impression.. now.. the lasting second impression..

A non-fan's compliment is always the best comment..

June 24, 2008

Related excerpt only.. I now understand why Lee Byung Hun rises so fast internationally. This guy surprises you at every turn and he does not repeat too much of his expressions in this drama. The beauty about him is that he looks so steely cold in appearance as compared to Jang Dong Gun that when he shows a weak spot, it is so unexpected and astounding.

Credits to gakinme

bdmc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

July 3, 2008

Ryu Si-won Awarded Japan’s Medal of Honor

e080703_01.jpg

Hallyu star Ryu Si-won was awarded a Japanese Emperor’s Medal of Honor on Tuesday at Niikata Prefecture. Ryu was honored for making a large contribution to the prefecture, which suffered extensive damages from an earthquake last year. Together with the Medal of Honor with dark blue ribbon, he also received a plaque of appreciation from the head of Niikata Prefecture.

Ryu said he just wanted to help out the residents of Niikata, where he held a concert in 2006. He added that he’s glad to have given even a little bit of hope and comfort to earthquake victims.

The Medal of Honor with dark blue ribbon is given to individuals who have made exceptionally generous financial contributions for the wellbeing of the public. A total of 23 medals were awarded in relation to the Niikata earthquake, but 22 of them were for businesses and organizations and Ryu is the only individual given the honor.

Right after the concert at the Niikata Prefecture Civic Center, Ryu will move to Matsuyama to hold his sixth concert. He will wrap up his concert tour in Japan on August 21st at the Nippon Budokan in Tokyo.

Source: KBS World

http://world.kbs.co.kr/english/entertainme...ail.htm?No=7791

• 2 weeks later...

July 12, 2008 - Happy Birthday Lee Byunghun-ssi panda1-1.gif

Raining.. running short of time of shooting schedule.. worried about the shooting of cherry blossom scene at night.. jumping into the chilling seawater..the unrelievable tense moment of the seaside scene due to the big crowd of fans.. difficult to move forward.. On the other hand, it helped the shooting of the Victory Record scenes. Shooting during the day, and lots of time at night, were difficult. The crew members struggled to work with tears. But from the screen, we could see and relive all the shooting moments, we were filled with joy. Till now, those memories are still fresh and clear in my mind.

I would like to take this opportunity to give my heart-felt thanks to all the crew members, the cast and director of BD, and the fans who continue to give their love and support. I am greatly touched by those unforgettable shooting scenes.

Beautiful and sadden love..Minchul and Yensoo..remains an important memory deep in my heart.

Beatiful Days Final concert May 2005 - Tokyo

nhk, leeruu, byunghun.seesaa.net, Leelena, Ping-bhjwlove.com, Hyc, River, lovelbh.com

daisy.gif

Beautiful Days (SBS series 2001)

BD Amazing MV by miuchinyu (9.09MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WOHGBWXK

BD_best (16.67MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JHQWCTV6

BD fanmade MV ^^ (7.34MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JKXXG1HC

beth nielsen chapman_say_goodnight mp3 (3.62MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6BDITHC9

bd end-of-time (25.15MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y4O6NGQ6

bd from starjiwoo_last love (7.82MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JQKCLRHP

BD believe - guuzou MV (30.26MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C1F5IXLW

BD selected scenes (109 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TTQERQ62

BD_ for christmas (18.32MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PQ9XYN2M

guuzou_BD feat dont know much (19.2MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EDM0FMK0

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BA4C5I7A

LBH moments in beautiful days (33.17 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QE1QLTCL

LBH - For a Last Love MV (6.12 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=68NXZSDC

BD - beach NG (13.32 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5YJQFC8S

BD tennis20010404 (6.67 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J5T9FGJQ

BD till we aint strangers anymore (13.37 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KNNWQ69Z

BD_LaLa_spot200612 (1.89MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9FRC9TN9

BD kiss_ng (5.60MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B3NHJNBP

bd_beach-kiss (1.02MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7EXQB2M4

bd_break-up ng1 (54.03MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0G552YUZ

bd_break-up ng2 (1.53MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PFEG828A

bd_exhibition (6.31MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FE7MDQJK

bd_mercedes slk (31.42MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9SD8O2IF

bd_muze ng (22.23MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F3OLRBRS

bd_newlyweds (7.80MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YXA6PW5U

BD_guuzou MV 2007 (41.43MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9PPY8BHC

guuzou mv_wish you were here (9.16MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HBDMD1T8

Beautiful Days MV - What Will I Do (5.31MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LS1FEIA8

Beautiful Days - Fall In Love (4.27MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O06MV3O6

bd_portrait (5.89MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PX5Z6CJU

bd_the makeover (3.93MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0GY5XICM

bd_the touch (3.86MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N7UQAYL2

bd_victory prince (1.83MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KYSCRITC

bd_wedding (7.24MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L02FXTI4

bd_window tears (2.33MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2I29BXEP

bd_working late (7.75MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0VFZ8RPZ

M-Project_guuzou MV (13.59MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K2GOEXKC

animated-leaves.gif

» Clips courtesy various fan-sharing, compiled by EverythingLBH-soompi.com

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fivemagic

Hi everyone!

I am so sorry for neglecting this thread for a long time... super thanks to rubie, felicia, hyc, drama, kdramafanusa, and everyone for keeping this thread alive and an enjoyable place to visit.

First of all, my belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Lee Byunh Hun... wishing you all the best and happiness for a terrific 2008 and beyond.

Second of all, I haven't been here lately, so my apologies to everyone out there. I am so glad and happy that we have regular soompiers here to support and love this thread... you guys mentioned above are the best in the business... thanks for being here daily to keep this thread moving and as fast as possible... eventhough it's been like 7 years now, this drama is one of the BEST I have seen and I loved it.

Anyway, I have a dvd copy of Beautiful Days with good english subs, and if anyone wants to get a copy, please do pm me and I will be happy to send them to you (free of charge and shipping)... here is the front cover as well as some pics from my copy:

Front Cover

BD5.jpg

DVD's inside the case

BD6.jpg

Back Cover

BD7.jpg

------------

This is my other 'BAD' copy with english subs... do not get this kind of cover... it's no good at all.

Front Cover

BD1.jpg

DVD's inside the case

BD4.jpg

Left Pic when open

BD2.jpg

Right Pic when open

BD3.jpg

^ Hi fivemagic, really appreciate this cool BD sharing and the PM, too.

Thank you so much for doing this, we really appreciate this from the bottom of our hearts. :blush:

7 years and counting, Beautiful Days is the Korean classic chemistry of the best romance onscreen.

---

July 29, 2008

I'm not too sure about the translation but I think this is about ZERO (the cyber-singer introduced in BD). He had recently held or going to (?) have a concert & fanmeet called 'Midsummer Eve' (?) Some 200 Japanese fans flew in to join the singer's public concert.

I think it also mentions that the singer is a good friend of LBH, as Zero had appeared in the BD Finale Concert in Japan in 2005 as well.

If anyone can properly gist this, it'll be so sweet. :blush:

제로 한-일 팬들과 '한여름밤의 콘서트'

한국일보 기사전송 2008-07-29 08:17

cand528200807282129080.jpg

가수 제로가 한일 팬들과 의미 있는 한여름 밤을 맞이한다

제로는 29일 서울 팔레스호텔에서 <한 여름 밤의 콘서트>로 팬들과 만난다.

제로는 한국 최초의 사이버 가수 아담의 실제 목소리 주인공으로 유명하다. 아담의 <세상에 없는 약속>이 바로 제로가 부른 것이다. 이병헌 최지우가 출연한 드라마 <아름다운 날들>에 삽입됐던 <약속>으로 일본에도 이름을 알렸다. 2007년 일본 도쿄에서 단독 콘서트를 열 정도로 일본 내에 인지도를 확보했다. 이번 공연에도 약 200여명의 일본 팬들이 한국으로 날아와 제로와 함께 할 예정이다.

제로는 이번 공연에서 <세상에 없는 약속><약속><굿바이 내 사랑> 등의 히트 곡들을 부른다.

스포츠한국 김성한기자 wing@sportshankook.co.kr

회춘하신 이사님~알고보니[2585+무선인터넷키]

[ⓒ 인터넷한국일보(www.hankooki.com), 무단 전재 및 재배포 금지]

http://news.empas.com/show.tsp/cp_hi/20080...%E7%B8%B6%0B%7D

July 30, 2008

Choi Ji-woo to Star in Korea-Japan Co-Production

200807300006_00.jpg

Choi Ji-woo

Korea’s pan-Asian star Choi Ji-woo has been cast in a melodrama to be jointly produced by Korea and Japan. Set in Nara Prefecture in Japan’s Kansai region, “Lovers in Asuka” is aimed at revitalizing the Korean Wave or Korean pop culture craze once again. The producers wanted to cast a top actress for the heroine and finally alighted on Choi. Shooting will start in early September for airing in December.

A spokesman for Choi said the actress is devoting herself to get ready for the shooting of the drama without making any other schedules. Korean and Japanese production, broadcasting and marketing companies have joined hands for content creation, investment, production, broadcasting and distribution for the 20-episode drama.

Korea’s Olive9 will be responsible for production and Japan’s Dentsu Group for investment attraction and distribution. Nara Prefecture and Osaka University of Art have already formed a production support group for the drama and are working to come up with plans to provide systematic support.

Source: englishnews@chosun.com

http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0807300006.html

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Hyc at CJW thread

Brief translation

http://news.empas.com/show.tsp/cp_ss/20080...3E%26%3C%2Fb%3E

2008-08-13

' Jiwoo Hime'... Japanese popularity is impregnable as expected.

20080814ba008.jpg

In the Japanese internet e-vote Japan for the most popular Korean actresses voting started on the 1st, and until the morning of 13th, the result showed that about 16,000 people have already taken part. Choi Jiwoo is ranking No. 1 with the overwhelming approval rate which reaches 60%, 9800 votes. The 2nd place of 2700 votes, 16%, goes to Song Hye-kyo, and Yoon Eun Hye with 2300 votes, 14% is ranking 3rd.

Guest kht2015

This has to be one of my all time favorites, if not THE favorite. The music, the story, the chemistry, yes, definitely the chemistry. LBH is a force to be reckoned with. And he is my all time favorite also. Beautiful Day was the second K-drama that I watched and it's set the standard for the rest. I can only say one word: addictive.

This has to be one of my all time favorites, if not THE favorite. The music, the story, the chemistry, yes, definitely the chemistry. LBH is a force to be reckoned with. And he is my all time favorite also. Beautiful Day was the second K-drama that I watched and it's set the standard for the rest. I can only say one word: addictive.

Hi kht2015, welcome to Beautiful Days! Very happy to see you here.. BD is truly the best of all and BH is indeed the Storm! :lol: Come join us at LBH thread, too.. we'd love to see you there. :D

A true romance, a classic chemistry.. so addictive to the last drop.. and pulls you in for more! :lol:

Archived