Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

x_shirley

best time to exercise?

Guest deformedmonkey<3

The best time to excercise is in the morning and before you go to sleep, thats what the doctor told me.

Guest im` l0vEd

uh. always and anytime is always the best time.

Guest n4n45h1

hmm...i heard its good to do it on a mostly empty stomach with a quick small healthy snack so you have some extra energy and dont feel hungry which would cause you to stop too quickly

Guest EXQU1S1TE

In the morning once you wake up. My sister's friend is a personal trainer and says that you'll burn more calories because you haven't eaten yet or something.

Guest 4321

In the morning, before breakfast. That way your body burns fat instead of burning food you just ate. I think you have to exercise for at least 30 minutes and don't eat until at least an hour after your exercise, because during that time your metabolism will be elevated and you can still burn fat even by doing nothing.

http://www.sparknotes.com/health/carbohydr.../section3.rhtml

"The best time of the day to exercise with the intention of losing weight is in the morning. Since no food has been consumed since the last meal of the previous day, levels of insulin in the blood will be low. Furthermore, levels of glucagon will increase due to fasting and this hormone stimulates the release of fatty acids from adipose tissue while inhibiting the breakdown of glycogen from the liver. Epinephrine and Norepinephrine are also secreted in response to exercise and these hormones mimic the effects of insulin by increasing availability of fatty acids in the blood. Of course, fatty acids may only be utilized by working muscle under aerobic conditions. Therefore, in order to burn fats effectively, the ratio of insulin to glucagons must be low and the body must be performing exercise at a relatively low intensity for a prolonged period of time."

Guest deportedkorean

In the morning, before breakfast. That way your body burns fat instead of burning food you just ate. I think you have to exercise for at least 30 minutes and don't eat until at least an hour after your exercise, because during that time your metabolism will be elevated and you can still burn fat even by doing nothing.

"The best time of the day to exercise with the intention of losing weight is in the morning. Since no food has been consumed since the last meal of the previous day, levels of insulin in the blood will be low. Furthermore, levels of glucagon will increase due to fasting and this hormone stimulates the release of fatty acids from adipose tissue while inhibiting the breakdown of glycogen from the liver. Epinephrine and Norepinephrine are also secreted in response to exercise and these hormones mimic the effects of insulin by increasing availability of fatty acids in the blood. Of course, fatty acids may only be utilized by working muscle under aerobic conditions. Therefore, in order to burn fats effectively, the ratio of insulin to glucagons must be low and the body must be performing exercise at a relatively low intensity for a prolonged period of time."

here's something for you, you need energy to burn energy.

heres something from about.com:

The theory behind this is that your blood sugar levels are low when you're in a fasted state (after going all night without eating) which targets more fat burning.

The problem is that some studies have shown that fat burning doesn't really start until you're 20 minutes into your cardio workout. That means you've wasted 20 minutes without a good source of fuel to sustain you. That could lead to fatigue before your body even starts metabolizing fat, which might mean shorter (and/or crappier) workouts in which you burn less calories than if you'd eaten a small snack to keep you going you. Critics also say you may even burn muscle if you don't have the necessary fuel for your workouts.

Guest simply`sweetious ;D

in the morning is the best time..

i heard that exercising at night isn`t good for you.. especially before you sleep O_o

i exercise at night because its when im done eating and i can lose my calories and lose even more when i sleep.

agreeee with richard oppa HAHA <3

Guest alygat0r

No. Ask any nutritionist or personal trainer, they would never agree on working out on an empty stomach or before breakfast.

Guest kpxshininglove

Morning (or right when you wake up) because it gets your metabolism up and running so you burn stuff quicker throughout the day.

but im too lazy to get up before school so I just do after school around 330 or 4 for an hour and a half