Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

x_shirley

best time to exercise?

yeah the title saids it all

what time of day is the best to exercise?

i heard the morning is the best

is there a specific time of day that has more effect if you exercise then?

Guest koooolaid

i exercise every other day at 5 o' clock in the afternoon b/c its not too hot & not too cold .. well, i personally think that.

Guest i heart victoria's secret

well if you do it in the morning...it'lll be too cold...esp. if you're gonna go running & you run when it's cold...your ears are gonna hurt ^^ & if it's too hot...well you sweat SOOOO much & it just feels icky....about 5-6 is perfect timing because it has cool breezes & the sun isn't too hot. that's usually the time i go running

i exercise in the gym so i guess weather really isnt a factor. i exercise at night because its when im done eating and i can lose my calories and lose even more when i sleep.

Guest cyberfruit

Whenever you're awake.

There's no set time or best time to excersize unless you plan on running outside.

Guest mangujowa

o_o" Time isn't a factor to me, because Kendo has a schedule for each dojo. So I don't get to choose. >__<"

Guest kenna

If you want to burn the fat that you already have, it's best to exercise when your stomache is empty. At least 3-4 hours after you've eaten.

When you exercise while there is still food in your stomache, the body burns off the food first, and then goes into your stored fat so you have to exercise longer/more to burn stored fat.

Guest crazystacyyyyy

^yep. if losing fat is your goal, your best bet is in the morning before youve had anything to eat (6 hours is effective). youll burn the sameish amount of calories if youve eaten but youll mostly be burning carbs from ur food, not fat.

Guest deportedkorean

actually the whole "exercising on an empty stomach" doesnt work as well as you would think...say in the morning, you just woke up and didnt eat anything, you wouldnt have as much energy to burn as you would if you had something in your stomach (wait an hour though to prevent side pain)...

...night time running isnt bad either, even though it gets your adrenaline up, it shouldnt affect sleep.

in high school, i did it in the afternoon after school, its when i felt most energetic.

Guest hayabusa01

Then the body would just start hitting the fat stores if there's no calories already in place.

In basic training we always did our PRT an hour and a half before breakfast. Or during the colder season we'd do it two hours before dinner. But then again, because my flight always got in trouble it seemed like we were doing PRT all day long.... hoo-ya for 100 consecutive pyramid pushups....

We had a lot of people lose quite a bit of weight. Not for me, since I was already underweight to begin with. I entered basic 125 pounds, I left 130 pounds.

Guest hunny~bunny

in the morning before you eat. seriously, its the best time. dont try to twist this around, cause its true

Guest x3mango

Right before bed. I mean all the stress built up that day is released when I work out. & then i cool down a bit and then go sleep.

and i have sleep paralysis disorder so i have to relieve stress before i sleep or less my disorder kicks in.

Guest Juli~<3

morning. kicks off metabolism. and yea.

morning. kicks off metabolism. and yea.

Guest infinity

I've heard the morning is the best, but it's SO inconvenient for me. T_T What to do?

Guest hunny

i prefer to do it at night :)

not directly before i sleep though. Around 6pm-7pm.

A good workout for 2 hours or so, and normally after i exercise, i don't really have the mood to eat and feeling damn tired, i fall into bed ;)

Guest viruz

Morning, imo, after you've taken your breakfast i think...because therefore you will be burning those calories from your breakfast and extra. So therefore, during the day when you eat, it will be filling the calories you lost in the morining (if you eat too much forget about it) and also remember that you use over 1000 kj just to stay alive per day. :P

Guest deportedkorean

If you want to burn the fat that you already have, it's best to exercise when your stomache is empty. At least 3-4 hours after you've eaten.

When you exercise while there is still food in your stomache, the body burns off the food first, and then goes into your stored fat so you have to exercise longer/more to burn stored fat.

yeah but that means that you have less energy...thus...your training gets cut short due to exhaustion.

Guest hayabusa01

Nope. We'd work out for an hour in the morning during basic training. And here was our training regimen:

Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays:

Pushups, 3 sets of 20 reps

Situps, 3 sets of 20 reps

Diamond pushups, 3 sets of 20 reps

Leg lifts, 3 sets of 20 reps

Bicycle kicks, 3 sets of 20 4-count reps

Flutter kicks, 3 sets of 20 4-count reps

Pyramid pushups (standard pushup, roll over sitting on butt and raise arms above head... HARD), 36 reps

Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays:

"Indian run" for 15 minutes, usually 2 miles

Self-paced run for 20 minutes, usually 2.5 miles

Sprints for 10 minutes, usually 1.5 miles

Guest alygat0r

It is never good to exercise on an empty stomach. Never. This doesn't mean you should eat a big meal then exercise, more like light meal or something because your body will need the glucose and I think eating something light will help metabolism during the workout. From what I remember, my nutrition teacher said there's really no period of the day that is most efficient for burning the most calories. She recommends eating before and after exercise. The most important thing is that you DO exercise and eat healthy.

I'm not 100% on this , but I'm pretty sure the body doesn't burn off the eaten food first. If you're burning fat, you're burning fat, there's no first or second. I'll have to ask about this though...

Guest darkHorse

Anytime is fine.

As for me, I prefer night time when there are few people around so I can drop heavy weights without getting alot of stares.