[동방신기] Dbsk, Tvxq, Thsk Official Thread 4

Guest Ringy

Guest rosetta16

Thanks for sharing this information.

There's no reason for SM to own "Dong Bang Shin Ki" :angry:

I'm student now and my discipline is International Law. According to what I have been taught, the words such as "east", "west","sun", "moon", ect...are not admitted as trademark, nor are they protected. It's the same to any Intellectual Property law of any country

i am a law student too and yeah they tought us that in my country too, they cant own that name cause is general word like chicken or beef, sun, sky they are words that are that belong to everyone

so SM wont be able to do it they have tried once and faild

Law hasnt change since so they wont be bale to do it

• Replies 40.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ornxygen

I have some questions

according to the article http://iscreamshinki.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3978

I saw this picture

20090811_110739730963_6.jpg

^^^

^^^

I'm not sure but does it means that SM already have the exclusive right to the name "Xiah" and "유노윤호". Am i right? And what about the Chinese word on the above picture? What is it?

Guest SHA_YJ

I'm not sure but does it means that SM already have the exclusive right to the name "Xiah" and "유노윤호". Am i right? And what about the Chinese word on the above picture? What is it?

The chinese words : 瑜卤允浩 Uknow Yunho in Chinese. Wow, SM really did try all sorts to just secure their money.

I wonder if they tried Kjj: 英雄在中, SCM: 最強昌, KJS:细亚俊秀,PYC: 秘奇有天 as well!

wow, securing their stage names, means they cannot use it elsewhere.....SM, I don't know what to say.

---

edit: Yunho's drama's new pics:

Credit as tagged

53113999200208121038212037719675513.jpg

53113999200208121038212037719675-1.jpg

53113999200208121038212037719675-2.jpg

Guest TVXQ<3

i've never post anything here before (silent reader)...

and as an international fan... i been thinking...why not we use AVEX??

what i mean...as someone into a business, you can't loose a 'good product' to sell??

simply like; boost up every Tohoshinki's japanese albums/singles/mobiletones/etc.... (which i been calculate...not all fans been doing any of its coz its on their japanese site :huh: )

If AVEX seeing these...don't you think they ever let this loose easily??

SURE! But my pocket really hurts when the boys' are releasing stuffs in Japan. I've only bought 1 single of them coz they are A LOT but I supported their TSC. I just hope everyone will be encouraged to BUY their original stuffs in Japan.

Korea is like a danger zone for DBSK knowing that SM controls the media and the public. If there's no one who will explain to the public what SM is trying to do, then they must all fall for the trap. So.... How about DBSK INTERNATIONAL FANS uniting spreading the truth through blogs (personal or for entertainment), forums, videos containing the statement, etc.. I request for someone to make a simple yet informative statement on what is actually happening. But PLEASE EXCLUDE that money issue. Do not include that 60:40 or 80:20 stuff coz that will just confuse people. I know a lot of DBSK fans are actually good at writing who can explain everything. Please make your words understandable for the public to consider those people who may not comprehend with hard words. Please post it here and after that, we must unite and put them in our blogs or make a video of it for some to read. ALL OF US ARE REQUIRED TO DO IT IF WE WANT IT TO SUCCEED (just copy and paste it^^) whether that blog is popular or not, just post it!... And if some people from large forums like Soshified, Shineee.net & Suju's forum who are willing to help us spread the word, then that's even better! If allkpop also want to post it, then they can! Sure! Why not? I am not pissed off with their articles coz I know they favor the boys a lot... What I hate there are the comments from antis.

REMEMBER!! If SME can control the media, WE can also control the netizens by spreading of the TRUTH through the internet. If we'll all participate (any blog will do and anywhere where you want to post it will do, any country^^) Let us make everyone informed with the truth. Let's not leave an article at allkpop like that.. Some minds are confused now... We must enforce ourselves and by posting a simple (i can't make a standard for it) yet informative statement, we can clear people's minds. PLEASE help me with this. What we just need is a statement clearing the boys' name with this issue. Let's make DBSK proud of us... Let us make them know that International fans are not blind and deaf with SM's media play. If it;s possible let the Korean media know about it. I am having goosebumps now if this will actually pursue. Please DBSK fans let it happen. If you guys still have the previous links for review of facts, it;s even better to back up our infos about SM Ent.

I hope you guys have read it^^ I am serious about it :)

EDIT!:

I am not worried if some will look down at this but seriously, can we just leave an allkpop article be like that? Can we just leave SM play with our minds? SM may have the King but we have the ALAS which is Dong Bang Shin Ki always put that in mind!!

~Always Keep the Faith. Let's unite. I'm going to call it, "The Copy and Paste Project" LOL! jk.

I forgot something... Make that post the top most till the issue is resolved. Please :D If other fandoms are willing to help us through posting it to their communities, forums or blogs, then, DBSK fans will be very very grateful!

Guest Sayuri JaeJoong

Hi for everybody !!!

Once again thank U always for all news,videos,pics and

Opnions too ne???

Domo Arigato !!!

I know this days have been so hard for us , right???

I would like to tell U ...

We´ll never Give up ne???

Tohoshinki depends Of Us Girls !!!

Let´s fight for Tohoshinki Till the End !!!

As I said before I just Want JUSTICE

for them coz I really think they´re deserve it !!!

They´re work very hard for Us in a not human schedule

And I just Want to see them with Health and happinness too in their hearts...

It´s my only one desire!!!

There is a Chinese saying that says:

" Much as the wind blow,

the mountain is never bend

before the wind. "

In other words,

You can blow as much as you want SM,

A mountain [Tohoshinki] will never bend!

Force Girls♥ If we keep always Together They will get it !!!

We´ll Protect them ne???

HOPE TO THE END!!!

ALWAYS KEEP THE FAITH!!!

I want to post my Heaven´s Postman Video here ^-^ v

Can I ???

Just to turn better this so hard atmosphere for Us too, right???

Heaven´s Postman a True Love Story

I know maybe some girls♥ don´t like Han Hyo Joo ne haha \0/

But please I made this video with all my love for Us

To try to forget this Pain in our hearts ne...

I hope You like it I made with love :)

Kissu !!!

Credits:www.imcrazyfomyjaejoong.blogspot .com

www.tvxqpowerfullgods.blogspot.com

DO NOT REMOVE /

ORR ADD NOTHING HERE!!!

Guest beibe87

Fanmade "Believe" [Eng Sub for Korean Text]

this is just so beautiful..every single line is just so true..cassies are very thoughtful..amazing!

I agree with some of the posts here. We as international fans should do something.

I have a few ideas.

What if we wrote a letter to a Korean newspaper? Or someone of importance? Telling them how much we love and support TVXQ no matter what?

I'm a fan of Roger Federer, the tennis player, and I wrote a "Pledge of Loyalty" for him on behalf of his fans and got around 1,000 signatures which was delivered to him. This was when he was going through a rough patch.

I like to believe that the pledge gave him a confidence boost, because he went to become the best player in the history of tennis.

I'd like to try and do something similar for the boys. What do you guys think?

lets do it! we have to participate..im sure cassies and bigeast also work in something to support our boys in their own..so why dont we contribute something...but first of all, we need to find some info before doing it..like who we gonna send the letter at..and etc..

what i mean...as someone into a business, you can't loose a 'good product' to sell??

simply like; boost up every Tohoshinki's japanese albums/singles/mobiletones/etc.... (which i been calculate...not all fans been doing any of its coz its on their japanese site :huh: )

*so...let start our little project :D

*i need to get their "heart,mind& soul" album....again :lol:

yeah..great idea! moreover, they have produce more japanese goods rather than korean ones..so we got the point already rite? B)

lets support tohoshinki guys...buy their album and singles..

That's a very good idea to write a letter to a Korean newspaper. Will the letter be in English or Korean?

I was also thinking maybe international fans can rent a billboard in Seoul and show our support to DBSK in that way. International fans can design the billboard and we can use "Always Keep the Faith" slogan and signing off our name as DBSK International Fans or something. The only thing is that it's going to be expensive to rent it. It'll probably cost $500-$2,000 US dollars. If everybody donate a dollar then it can be done. This will show International Fan Power for DBSK. We can rent the billboard for a couple of weeks or if it's cheap enough, we can try renting it for a whole month or so. This will show the Korean public and SM that we mean business when it comes to supporting DBSK.

International fans do seem very scattered. I wish there was a way where everybody can go to unite as one.

Edit: We can try to find a billboard where it faces SM or located near the building.

the billboard is really good idea!!! but it may cost a lot..more than just slogan..how if we send them like a letter than shows our support..or maybe a video for CM? or any advertisement media..

the letter also good..i remeber many fans from other fanclub already did it...why can make one too..if it's for newspaper..we can make a great letter not just a slogan on it..maybe in english and korean for it coz we need to write it in english too to show that their international fans also pay attention on this matter..

lets do it! like u said, a dollar for each person will do!

Guest wing834

Sayuri Jaejoong i love your vid XD im always supportive of the jaejoo couple :D

anyone else think that SM is getting a little desperate now? it seems like they r doing ANYTHING to try and "win" their case~ showing dbsk signitures on payment receipes on TV, sm towm summer album, sudden registration of the name dbsk, saying taht dbsk DOES get paid, 11billion won (but not disclosing what the percentage of taht is), saying dbsk gets 70% of their foreign profits (WTH, who would believe that O_O) etc...

jaechunsu is doing somthin BIG, for themselves, + hundreds and thousands of other artists under "slave contracts"

Guest agnesss

i'm worried cos SM is also trying to trademark the boys' individual names like "Xiah" and "Uknow yunho" in chinese characters etc... but for example, 'Micky Yoochun' is Yoochun's own name, so can SM still actually trademark it?

i didnt know about the Tokyo earthquake until i read it here. i hope Yoochun and Jaejoong is fine there!

Guest ohhlalakelly

woah, this was very touching. Very simple and short messages, yet sweet. I got a little teary eyed watching it. I love it when Cassiopeia puts these videos together (like the words they endured for 1.7 years). ['=

anyway, the aadbsk3 cover is freakin' hotttttt. I can't wait to get mine! I love that I can watch it on my television.

Guest afterglow.

*so...let start our little project :D

*i need to get their "heart,mind& soul" album....again :lol:

i don't know if fans can buy "every" of their releases but i think we should boost sales of one of their singles. their latest one maybe. "stand by u" is such a fitting name. even if i already have a copy, i wouldn't mind getting another one. we can do fanvids and all that stuff to show support but cd sales can show something more.

international fans can help to spread the truth. sm's doing all of this media play and if fans don't read every little update, they will be easily lost. it's sad to know that they're deleting articles and we can't do anything about it.

with a price tag of almost $115,000 USD, i don't blame Yoochun for leasing his Audi. besides it's a car that's just for looks, not practicality. SM's throwing out how much he paid a month for it or the reporter telling how much the car's selling for now is just media play. try not to forget that Yoochun owns his own business now and he invests in the stock market. SM is not his only source of income. try not to get focused on silly articles like these. they're pointless.

as for the trademark issue, i was reading the Adhesion Contract Act on the Korean Fair Trade Commission site, and it does state that SME would need permission from DBSK if they wish to trademark the name. i hope that that's really the case here.

Guest Sayuri JaeJoong

Sayuri Jaejoong i love your vid XD im always supportive of the jaejoo couple :D

anyone else think that SM is getting a little desperate now? it seems like they r doing ANYTHING to try and "win" their case~ showing dbsk signitures on payment receipes on TV, sm towm summer album, sudden registration of the name dbsk, saying taht dbsk DOES get paid, 11billion won (but not disclosing what the percentage of taht is), saying dbsk gets 70% of their foreign profits (WTH, who would believe that O_O) etc...

jaechunsu is doing somthin BIG, for themselves, + hundreds and thousands of other artists under "slave contracts"

Hi Wing834♥ Thank You for your sweet comment

About my Heaven´s Postman♥ Video ne...

When I saw your reply I simply smiled

But I want to tell U

I´m totally agree with You in your last phrase ...

" jaechunsu is doing somthin BIG, for themselves, + hundreds

and thousands of other artists under "slave contracts" "

God they´re human and SM just forget it

I really think JaeChunSu♥ very brave men

They´re Fighting for a thousand of another artists ne...

And if SM wins in the end ...

The TRUE HEROES in this story will be ALWAYS Tohoshinki♥ !!!

Anyway...

I think SM would think better LOL !!!

Cassies and BIGEASTs

And Fans all around the World

Always give to Tohoshinki♥ support !

Kissu!!!

Guest beibe87

Is There a Solution for 'Slave Contracts?'

By Han Sang-hee

Staff Reporter

source: koreantimes

With Korean pop group TVXQ embroiled in legal action against its agency, SM Entertainment, over an allegedly unfair contract, fans and agencies alike are focusing attention on the validity of so-called ``slave contracts.'' Contracts are dubbed as such for reported disadvantaging the stars and would-be stars who enter into them with management agencies.

These excessively binding contracts came into focus when actress Jang Ja-yeon ended her life earlier this year amid allegations that she was threatened and forced to provide sexual favors by her former agent.

TVXQ brought yet another perspective to ongoing speculations regarding unfair practices carried out by both large- and mid-sized entertainment agencies here.

According to the legal document filed by three members of the group ― Micky, Xiah and Hero ― the agency prohibited their freedom as artists by claiming that the group's and members' activities belonged to the agency, requiring them to follow the agency's demands to appear at certain performances and broadcasts, and requiring them to stay under the agency's wing for 13 years.

Experts say that this type of contract is standard in Korea's entertainment industry. A newcomer's path to stardom depends highly on local agencies' investments, unlike in the United States, where up-and-coming artists often sign deals with agencies after proving their talents at bars and small theaters on their own.

``From top stars like the late actress Choi Jin-shil and singer Uhm Jung-hwa, celebrities were `made' into stars by their agents and agencies. These young artists need to be `invested in' for at least 10 years,'' said Choi Jung-han, a lawyer and former head of the Korea Entertainment Law Society.

The agencies, naturally, extend contracts for more than 10 years to collect investments in the future. Of course, this only applies to successful cases.

Choi explained that although agencies spend their time and money investing in several groups and aspiring talents, only a few of those clients ever taste success. This leads to contracts that trap successful stars into what is now referred to a ``slave contract.''

``If the case with TVXQ and SM does not settle down in a proper way, the same incidents will continue again and again. We must revise contract terms regarding the contract periods and profit distribution,'' Kim Won-chan, chairman of the Korea Singers Association, said during a radio interview last week.

Kim pointed out that although SM Entertainment claimed that they offered 11 billion won to the members, the fairness of the payment amount should be questioned, considering the overall profit the agency has received over the past years.

``There must be separate regulations detailing the maximum and minimum amounts in profit distribution,'' he said.

The Fair Trade Commission posted a recommendation notice regarding the issue last month, setting forth a standard contract for artists and agencies.

``The commission did release the notice as a standard contract, but this does not have any legal effect, which is why many agencies and artists are quarreling about the actual practice of it,'' culture critic Kim Sung-soo said.

Kim added that the overall atmosphere must change to scrap such ``slave contracts'' and messy legal disputes.

``This type of discontent appears because Korea focuses on only a number of stars. Agencies have no choice but to rely on those who are popular and successful. In the case of major entertainment agencies, newcomers have no choice to follow their contracts to become famous. We have to change the overall system so that the entertainment business can focus on a larger and longer perspective and nourish various types of artists,'' he said.

Meanwhile, the group is expected to follow through with their scheduled performances in Japan. Avex, the group's agency in Japan, said last week on its official Web site, ``We will support TVXQ's Japan activities to the full. We expect fans to continue to root for TVXQ,'' according to Yonhap News.

``We have received assurances that both sides don't want the group to disband. This is interpreted as meaning that SM and the three TVXQ members will go ahead with their scheduled performances in Japan,'' Avex said.

The K-pop group will sing in Tokyo on Aug. 22 and 23 and Osaka on Aug. 29 and 30.

The five-member boy band will also appear on ``Music Japan,'' NHK's music program next month.

credit: asianfanatics

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

090811 TVXQ, Will Continue Japanese Activities As Planned

Even though three of the five members of TVXQ are in a dispute with their agency, the group's Japanese activities will continue as planned.

TVXQ's Japanese agency Avex stated on their official website on the 6th that, "We will continue to fully support TVXQ's activities in Japan. Please give TVXQ attention and love."

On the statement, Avex also added that, "Both sides have told us they do not want TVXQ to disband. We took this statement as saying that SM Entertainment and the three members wish to continue with their planned activities in Japan."

TVXQ is currently participating in 'A-Nation 09', a music festival held by the singers in Avex Entertainment and the group already performed in Kumamoto on the 1st and Ehime on the 8th. All five of them will be performing on stage at Tokyo (22~23rd) and Osaka (29~30th).

After that event, YoungWoong Jaejoong and Micky Yoochun will be releasing a single on the 30th of next month. The title song of this single is 'COLORS Melody and Harmony' that they first showcased at their Tokyo Dome performances on the 4th and 5th. They will also be participating in the music event 'BOY POP FACTORY 09' on the 20th to sing their duet song.

Also, on the 7th of September, they are scheduled to appear on the NHK Hall stage in Tokyo, Shibuya for NHK's most notable music program 'Music Japan'. And after that, they are set to collaborate with popular group M-flo for their 10th anniversary album which will be release on September 16th. They will be singing a duet piece, 'Been So Long'.

'COLORS Melody and Harmony' which YoungWoong Jaejoong and Micky Yoochun wrote the lyrics for and arranged, was chosen to be the image song for the 35th anniversary of Hello Kitty and will be used as background music in all Sanrio shops across Japan starting from September.

Avex will also begin selling the '2010 TVXQ Official Calendar' to TVXQ's Official Japanese Fanclub Bigeast on the 19th. However, it is uncertain whether there will be any activities after September in which all five members will all be attending.

Credits: Source: [yeonhap news + Yuaerubi]

Translation credits: jeeelim5@iscreamshinki.net

Shared by: DBSKnights

Guest KakkoiiAngel

i don't know if fans can buy "every" of their releases but i think we should boost sales of one of their singles. their latest one maybe. "stand by u" is such a fitting name. even if i already have a copy, i wouldn't mind getting another one. we can do fanvids and all that stuff to show support but cd sales can show something more.

international fans can help to spread the truth. sm's doing all of this media play and if fans don't read every little update, they will be easily lost. it's sad to know that they're deleting articles and we can't do anything about it.

I agree. We should do something like compile all the informations/reliable articles and basically summarize it and spread the truth. And maybe make like a website for this whole issue (wordpress/blog i don't know). Some people are getting confused and are losing faith. It makes me sad to think that fans are losing faith in the boys.

Oricon Weekly Chart (Last week's)

35 **2,231 214,203 東方神起 「Stand by U」

source: oricon.co.jp

Guest greenteadrinker

I agree. We should do something like compile all the informations/reliable articles and basically summarize it and spread the truth. And maybe make like a website for this whole issue (wordpress/blog i don't know). Some people are getting confused and are losing faith. It makes me sad to think that fans are losing faith in the boys.

edit: oops topped a page, brb

Oooh, I like this idea. Something like a DBSK Truth Squad. They have truth squads in American elections all the time, to debunk any rumours. Yeah, I think non-Korean speaking fans may be losing faith cos they don't have access to Korean websites with reliable information.

Guest playcrackthesky

jeez, you leave for three days, and you have to catch up like, 30 pages..

anyway, just a heads up for any fans in the new york city area.

they're selling a lot of dbsk stuff at kinokuniya bookstore in the city lately ^^

yesterday i saw they were selling the please be mine, shine, and tomorrow 000777 days photobooks.

they also had stand by u, the secret code, five in the black, mirotic (the japanese single), bolero... and the FITB tour dvd, and a ton of T tour dvds, and also aadbsk1.

unfortunately, they didn't have share the world single, which was the only reason i even went in there <_< (i found it in koryo books though lol)

so if you're traveling to new york, or live there, you might want to stop by there to buy anything you're missing in your dongbang collection, heh. just a warning though. everything there is the japanese version. that means: no dvds with the photobooks, region 2 dvds, and japanese subs only. oh yeah. and JACKED UP prices. they shouldn't even leave the original yen price on there, makes you feel discouraged when you take off the $45 price tag only to reveal that it's originally 2800 yen. -__-

so is my search for a reliable place for dbsk merch in the aftermath of the closing of AM records T_T

--

p.s.: the only reason i make a post about this, is because i would want any fan in new york to do the same for me :)

we need to help each other out, lol

Archived