Update: The New (chinese) F4, Renamed To 'h4'

Guest leongfun

Guest pillowbox

^ i totally agree. i dont think HyuJoong can act. I like him and everything, but his expression is practically the same and it's hard to guess what he's trying to express with his facial expression.

Being on a korean entertainment forum, no doubt that there won't be biased.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is so stupid. I click on the Filipino F4 and there's nothing but bashing going on... I click on this thread and it's the SAME THING.

Honestly, none of the F4 are good looking. The Japanese F4 (I'm sorry but Matsujun is pretty fug and he desperately needs to do something about his overbite), the Korean F4 (well, Kim Bum is cute but he has no business BEING a member of F4 - he looks as though his mommy still wipes his richard simmons), the Taiwanese version (Vanness... those eyebrows) so why is everyone freaking out over this? Like, omg! They're so ugly!

Uh... compared to the other F4s... not much of a difference.

I'm not even going to judge until I see them in action. And I know the Korean version is immensely popular right now (in these forums) but I don't even want to start commenting on the cardboard cut out actors they have in that drama. Jan Di looks like a boy (but it's okay because Makino had a bit of a mustache - a 5 o'clock shadow if you will), NONE of the male leads are good looking in any of the versions and come on, let's face it - this is not an Oscar-worthy script and the fact that it's been remade so many times is DEVASTATING. DEVASTATING!

// end rant

Oh, but I do think the Japanese version is cute. The Korean one is good for a few cheap laughs but if I started dissecting it and pointing out the flaws, I'll end up with a 5 page essay. (Kim Hyun Joong acting? Really? That's him acting?? He's capable of what? THREE facial expressions?)

I haven't seen Meteor Rain yet. But I remember Vanness from Peach Girl and he can't act either.

Huzzah!

Took the words out of my mouth (except I think Matsujun is hot and I love his overbite lol)

and yeah the K-version basically took a bunch of pretty boys from singing groups just to get good ratings.

Guest sweetgirl_121

this bashing feast richard simmons me of, when the K version came ppl were like "don't judge it harshly ""be open minded".... ect, yet they bash like the K version is superior or what ever Korean touch turn to gold.

this bashing feast richard simmons me of, when the K version came ppl were like "don't judge it harshly ""be open minded".... ect, yet they bash like the K version is superior or what ever Korean touch turn to gold.

Seriously, isn't that incredibly infuriating?

The Korean version isn't even all that good. As a matter of fact, it's kind of stupid.

I mean, the Japanese version was stupid but the Korean version was really stupid. It took all the horrible cliches in a shoujo manga/manhwa and made them ten times worse. Jan Di tends to over act, Hyun Joong can't act, Kim Bum as an F4 member is just weird, Jun Pyo isn't a strong male lead and the other guy doesn't even matter. The interaction between F4 is nonexistent or just plain awkward, instead of being "playboys" all they do is stand around smirking at each other stupidly. Or come up with lame richard simmons pick up lines like, "You have delicious hands"??

And then the rest of the story is just fluff, fluff, fluff, sap, sap, sap. Ooh, I love Jan Di. She's so strong. It's so cute that she eats like a disgusting PIG :crazy: .

The Japanese version was okay until the second season started. I mean, the writers must've been on some really good drugs. It was a MESS.

But the first season was cute, I'll have to admit. At least Domyouji (sp) was cool and kicked a lot of richard simmons. In the Korean version he's just this stupid, spoiled rich guy who has zero redeeming qualities. And I'm not being biased when I say this because I can not stand Matsujun and Oguri Shun is just whatever but Hana Yori Dango (season 1) has a better storyline, stronger male and female leads (though the acting was just slightly better) and they wrapped everything up in 9 episodes. And it worked, too.

Boys Over Flowers is what, slated for 24 episodes, each ep at 1 hour and ten minutes each?

What are they trying to do, cover all 240 chapters of the manga?

24 one hour + eps of 3/4 of the F4 fawning over Jan Di? Come on. Boys Over Flowers is nothing but fan service.

Ugh.

Don't mean to rant. But I finally watched Hana Yori Dango (as well as BOF) earlier this week.

And I can't help but think to myself... what the hell? It was cute, eh sure but does it deserve this many remakes? No, not really.

Don't mean to rant. But I finally watched Hana Yori Dango (as well as BOF) earlier this week.

And I can't help but think to myself... what the hell? It was cute, eh sure but does it deserve this many remakes? No, not really.

You ain't neva lie

once I knew the korean version was happening I knew they were just gonna get some eye candy

and nothing more.

I also think the story sucks and is so cliche

Guest sweetgirl_121

Seriously, isn't that incredibly infuriating?

The Korean version isn't even all that good. As a matter of fact, it's kind of stupid.

I mean, the Japanese version was stupid but the Korean version was really stupid. It took all the horrible cliches in a shoujo manga/manhwa and made them ten times worse. Jan Di tends to over act, Hyun Joong can't act, Kim Bum as an F4 member is just weird, Jun Pyo isn't a strong male lead and the other guy doesn't even matter. The interaction between F4 is nonexistent or just plain awkward, instead of being "playboys" all they do is stand around smirking at each other stupidly. Or come up with lame richard simmons pick up lines like, "You have delicious hands"??

And then the rest of the story is just fluff, fluff, fluff, sap, sap, sap. Ooh, I love Jan Di. She's so strong. It's so cute that she eats like a disgusting PIG :crazy: .

The Japanese version was okay until the second season started. I mean, the writers must've been on some really good drugs. It was a MESS.

But the first season was cute, I'll have to admit. At least Domyouji (sp) was cool and kicked a lot of richard simmons. In the Korean version he's just this stupid, spoiled rich guy who has zero redeeming qualities. And I'm not being biased when I say this because I can not stand Matsujun and Oguri Shun is just whatever but Hana Yori Dango (season 1) has a better storyline, stronger male and female leads (though the acting was just slightly better) and they wrapped everything up in 9 episodes. And it worked, too.

Boys Over Flowers is what, slated for 24 episodes, each ep at 1 hour and ten minutes each?

What are they trying to do, cover all 240 chapters of the manga?

24 one hour + eps of 3/4 of the F4 fawning over Jan Di? Come on. Boys Over Flowers is nothing but fan service.

Ugh.

lol that is one long reply u seems like really annoyed, my biggest problem is I don;t understand the hype for the manga itself it clich and draggy with no closure. and I found the first season of the Jdrama cute and the second is like u said was mess, as for the K version I was honestly interested in watching it at first but I'm really turned off now, I don't think I'll be watching anytime soon maybe later.

They look gross in the group shot,

but the individual photos are much more appealing.

What is this about? There isn't going to be yet another version of HYD, is there?

Seriously, Hana Yori Dango has already been made into:

- the original manga series

- the anime series

- Taiwan version (Meteor Garden)

- Japan version (Hana Yori Dango)

- the newest Korea version

Plus, someone just posted something about the upcoming Filipino version. D:

Guest Tonyc402

Dang, seriously?

/fjgkagkjfdkj

Whatever, koreans all the way!

<3

Wow talk about being bias here. You take one quick look and already make a judgement. Ignorance.....

Hahaha, SOME (emphasis on some) of the people who were trying to defend this thread is starting to bash in this thread as well... :| How devious.

I mean- screw it, I don't even care anymore. I love the manga storyline. I'm just going to watch whatever new remakes there are.

OMG!!!! Another remake? Are you serious? why??? I love MG, not so much HYD and currently loving BOF but I think they should stop already.

On the other hand, the boys are cute saparately. They seem to look younger compared to previous F4 and I think their style is very Korean but I like it though. I just don't think there should be another remake. Sigh...

lol that is one long reply u seems like really annoyed, my biggest problem is I don;t understand the hype for the manga itself it clich and draggy with no closure. and I found the first season of the Jdrama cute and the second is like u said was mess, as for the K version I was honestly interested in watching it at first but I'm really turned off now, I don't think I'll be watching anytime soon maybe later.

You should've seen my reply in another forum.

My descriptions were much more "colorful".

I mean, I'm okay with this drama but I think it's waaay overrated and gets more credit than it deserves (like Twilight :crazy: ).

Dang, seriously?

/fjgkagkjfdkj

Whatever, koreans all the way!

<3

Stop replying with the same ignorant statement in both of these "new F4" threads.

You look like an ignorant troll.

Guest RYUUSEi

Hey, hey, hey, what's with all the bashing on the Chinese and Filipino-versions but so loving towards the Korean re-make, eh? People are making a big deal and throwing fits over what, 3 or 5 pictures of the cast? You guys haven't even seen them in action yet and you spit out all these nasty things already?

I'm not too upset over this though, because after the first episodes have aired, all fangirls will come crawling out of their little nests and leave comments like "OMG i luuurve dis version <3 <3 <3" like they usually do when they've been skeptic and doubtful about a drama for silly reasons. You silly people. :)

Anyone else expecting to see an American re-make soon too?

Archived