so i don't mind this new cast too much

i'd hate them if they ever tried to replace the japanese

cast though. those boys were hoooooooot

i honestly dont mind it being made again

the story never gets old...

i guess the cast looks pretty okay

who's going to pla makino? i'm totally available D:

Guest yongwonhi

PS: I like how people weren't going ape-s**t on how the Korean version was announced , yet are so quick to bash on the China version.

unfortunately this is what happens on a mostly korean entertainment based forums. oh welll.

Guest Tonyc402

unfortunately this is what happens on a mostly korean entertainment based forums. oh welll.

Oh I know , but I just find it really ridiculous .

wtf?

umm. why are they doing this?

Are they aiming it at you lol? No , they are aiming it at the Mainland Chinese audience.

Guest polaris

they are too young looking.. so it's hard to look at them and consider them HOT...

plus I thought China with it's 1. something billion people can come up with 4 guys that are better looking than this. kind of disappointing ..I know there are super hot chinese men somewhere in China so why pick four kiddies?

plus it's going to be a really hard act to follow after the koreans.

Now korean F4.. :w00t: serious eye candy and awesome acting skills.

PS: I like how people weren't going ape-s**t on how the Korean version was announced , yet are so quick to bash on the China version.

chill out man.. it's really nothing against the nation of CHina. You are getting this reaction because the four guys they picked for China F4 are not up to par in the looks department.

If Korea came out with not-so-hot F4 everyone would be having the same negative reaction.

they are too young looking.. so it's hard to look at them and consider them HOT...

plus I thought China with it's 1. something billion people can come up with 4 guys that are better looking than this. kind of disappointing ..I know there are super hot chinese men somewhere in China so why pick four kiddies?

chill out man.. it's really nothing against the nation of CHina. You are getting this reaction because the four guys they picked for China F4 are not up to par in the looks department.

If Korea came out with not-so-hot F4 everyone would be having the same negative reaction.

That is your opinion as far as looks are concerned

if u ask me they are hotter than all of those girly looking guys in the korean version.

and please on soompi there is no such thing as "not so goodlooking korean male celebs" sooo....

HYD is overrated anyway, the story is lame and predictable "poor innocent girl in a school full of rich kids decides to take on the four most popular boys in school and later marries one of them" typical richard simmons shoujo story boooo!!!

But anyways if TW,japanese,Kor can have their versions why can't anyone else?? why people gotta insult mainland china and the phillipines??

look how many times stories like Romeo&Juliet, West Side Story, Ugly Betty, Cinderella, Snow White etc etc have been made, it's admiration gee whiz!

Guest Tonyc402

I am chill lol. Of course I dont think its anything against China ( Ive said this tons of times in the other Filipino HYD thread), but it seems some people here are so quick to judge. Its not the fact that these guys are good looking enough , whats funny is that people are like" OMFG another HYD drama ". Ive seen this both on this thread and the Filipino HYD thread . Yet people here give the time and day for the Korean version. Thats the point Im trying to make.

Guest polaris

I am chill lol. Of course I dont think its anything against China ( Ive said this tons of times in the other Filipino HYD thread), but it seems some people here are so quick to judge. Its not the fact that these guys are good looking enough , whats funny is that people are like" OMFG another HYD drama ". Ive seen this both on this thread and the Filipino HYD thread . Yet people here give the time and day for the Korean version. Thats the point Im trying to make.

I've seen plenty of people say omg! another HYD drama.. when Korean BOF came out. So it's natural that to see an excalation of people who are going to have the reaction "OMG another HYD drama" as one adaptation after another comes out. For example sake... if suddenly the vietnamese or thai people said they were going to do a remake of HYD ...I think the reaction would be even more..."OMG another HYD!??"

To be fair though Im going to give each HYD a try.. If it doesnt impress me by the 4th episode.. I dont watch the whole thing.

So far I've watched the Japanese version... tried the Taiwanese (couldnt get through it) and now I'm watching the Korean.

Guest Kenneth Keel

you want us to bash BOF or something? chinese vers. just ain't F4 material :D we just find it funny that other versions have been popping up ever since that korea version came out lol. wahwah~ jeez just let it go man. your taking this way to seriously. duuuuuddeee even I dread the filipino vers :P

Guest Tonyc402

you want us to bash BOF or something? chinese vers. just ain't F4 material :D we just find it funny that other versions have been popping up ever since that korea version came out lol. wahwah~ jeez just let it go man. your taking this way to seriously. duuuuuddeee even I dread the filipino vers :P

No i dont expect a bash on BOF. But the bias is strong in here .

I've seen plenty of people say omg! another HYD drama.. when Korean BOF came out. So it's natural that to see an excalation of people who are going to have the reaction "OMG another HYD drama" as one adaptation after another comes out. For example sake... if suddenly the vietnamese or thai people said they were going to do a remake of HYD ...I think the reaction would be even more..."OMG another HYD!??"

To be fair though Im going to give each HYD a try.. If it doesnt impress me by the 4th episode.. I dont watch the whole thing.

So far I've watched the Japanese version... tried the Taiwanese (couldnt get through it) and now I'm watching the Korean.

But for the Korean version the escalation wasnt as high . People were actually like "Oh... this seems interesting . I think I'll give it a try" .

Guest polaris

No i dont expect a bash on BOF. But the bias is strong in here .

But for the Korean version the escalation wasnt as high . People were actually like "Oh... this seems interesting . I think I'll give it a try" .

*sigh* because the guys are hot in the korean version...

are we going to go around in circles? <_<

I mean come on be honest... if that is you in your avatar.. even you look better than the CHinese F4...

Guest Tonyc402

I mean come on be honest... if that is you in your avatar.. even you look better than the CHinese F4...

I am flattered :ph34r: but ....

The fact is and my whole point is that dont judge a book by its cover . At least wait till its released.

......that's only opinion

honestly I don't see anything wrong with the way these boys look

Guest bbaumgul

It's not going to be the EXACT same story, even the character names are different, if you've noticed.

Those four(or at least two of them, Yu Hao Ming and Wei Chen) are from a singing competition/show called 快乐男生 by 湖南卫视。 It's going to be 湖南卫视's take on hana yori dango, so it's bound to be different from the original story. If you've watched their version of Ugly Betty (丑女无敌), you'll notice that they changed a lot of things.

Guest xjuicyy403

im actually curious to watch this version

if the koreans can remake it why cant the chinese?

the guys actually look like high schoolers ahah

i dont think they're bad looking at all =/

This is so stupid. I click on the Filipino F4 and there's nothing but bashing going on... I click on this thread and it's the SAME THING.

Honestly, none of the F4 are good looking. The Japanese F4 (I'm sorry but Matsujun is pretty fug and he desperately needs to do something about his overbite), the Korean F4 (well, Kim Bum is cute but he has no business BEING a member of F4 - he looks as though his mommy still wipes his richard simmons), the Taiwanese version (Vanness... those eyebrows) so why is everyone freaking out over this? Like, omg! They're so ugly!

Uh... compared to the other F4s... not much of a difference.

I'm not even going to judge until I see them in action. And I know the Korean version is immensely popular right now (in these forums) but I don't even want to start commenting on the cardboard cut out actors they have in that drama. Jan Di looks like a boy (but it's okay because Makino had a bit of a mustache - a 5 o'clock shadow if you will), NONE of the male leads are good looking in any of the versions and come on, let's face it - this is not an Oscar-worthy script and the fact that it's been remade so many times is DEVASTATING. DEVASTATING!

// end rant

Oh, but I do think the Japanese version is cute. The Korean one is good for a few cheap laughs but if I started dissecting it and pointing out the flaws, I'll end up with a 5 page essay. (Kim Hyun Joong acting? Really? That's him acting?? He's capable of what? THREE facial expressions?)

I haven't seen Meteor Rain yet. But I remember Vanness from Peach Girl and he can't act either.

Archived