Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

leongfun

Update: The New (chinese) F4, Renamed To 'h4'

I'd just like to remind everyone that even before Meteor Garden, Japan already made a Hanadan movie (1995,i think?). So basically, Japan had the first F4. :P anyway, i'll be watching this. The cast members though newbies (?) look promising. :)

Guest is123

I'd just like to remind everyone that even before Meteor Garden, Japan already made a Hanadan movie (1995,i think?). So basically, Japan had the first F4. :P anyway, i'll be watching this. The cast members though newbies (?) look promising. :)

True but then again, Japan always had the first F4 anyways...but we're talking about dramas and drama wise...it was the Taiwanese Version Meteor Garden that came first and made the Hana Yori Dango popular which led to the Japanese and Korean version to be made. ;)

They look more natural in the newer pictures than they do in the one where the four guys are all sitting together. :D

I read on youtube comment that this user said that this drama was already planned before the boys over flower even aired. Is this true? :huh: I can't read/type Chinese characters so I can't google for any articles...

They look more natural in the newer pictures than they do in the one where the four guys are all sitting together. :D

I read on youtube comment that this user said that this drama was already planned before the boys over flower even aired. Is this true? :huh: I can't read/type Chinese characters so I can't google for any articles...

I was probably the one that wrote the comment about how it was planned since last November on Youtube. I was searching for news about the scriptwriter, just to know more about his qualifications. He made an announcement that there will be an idol drama called "new meteor garden" that will air this summer.

Just the last couple days, there has been another article where the producer was saying that back in 2006, they wanted do a drama about the "new rich kids" in China, a generation born after the 90's (that signal the transition from communistic to capitalistic China). But they didn't have anything to model after since the idea of wealth is such a novel idea. So they used Meteor Garden for its characters and settings. The producer said that the story though, would have Chinese sensitivity and values.

http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/m/2009-07-16/11242612871.shtml

Here's the article. I am too lazy to try to find the other one that came out in November.

In conclusion, this drama wasn't trying to ride the popularity of the K version. It just happened that they coincide somewhat.

edit:

another article that I forgot to mention. The Chinese did tried to purchase the copyright from the author. But they wanted to leave out the violence which wasn't suitable for TV in China. (Meteor Garden was actually banned in China for its violent content). The author decline the request and ultimately, the negotiation failed. The Chinese team decide to writes their own script. (This probably happened in 2006 since the writer claimed to had worked on the script for couple years.)

http://www.newsqx.com/n6703c18.aspx

Guest is123

I was probably the one that wrote the comment about how it was planned since last November on Youtube. I was searching for news about the scriptwriter, just to know more about his qualifications. He made an announcement that there will be an idol drama called "new meteor garden" that will air this summer.

Just the last couple days, there has been another article where the producer was saying that back in 2006, they wanted do a drama about the "new rich kids" in China, a generation born after the 90's (that signal the transition from communistic to capitalistic China). But they didn't have anything to model after since the idea of wealth is such a novel idea. So they used Meteor Garden for its characters and settings. The producer said that the story though, would have Chinese sensitivity and values.

http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/m/2009-07-16/11242612871.shtml

Here's the article. I am too lazy to try to find the other one that came out in November.

In conclusion, this drama wasn't trying to ride the popularity of the K version. It just happened that they coincide somewhat.

Thanks for the link. I got it translated by google lol. :lol: This definitely clears it up for me. I guess I'll be watching a new drama then instead of what I thought would be a remake. It's good that they seem to be focus more on the story rather than the decoration. :3 makes me more excited to learn about the characters more. I haven't watch a lot of mainland drama that is not based on ancient times but the ones I saw on CCTV are okay for me. :D

Edit: Aww that's a shame. There's violence in a lot of dramas. O.O When was it banned? I remember going to China and watching the vcds of it several years ago. I guess the government didn't regulate the selling of the dramas XD I hope that China will be able to get permission from the author in the future for a Hana Yori Dango remake =3 I still want to see many versions of it despite the same story, etc.

It's good that they seem to be focus more on the story rather than the decoration. :3 makes me more excited to learn about the characters more.

you're welcome. i like that part of the article too. There's been a lot of discussion about the shabby looking cars used in the racing scene on the chinese forums. I didn't know that there were nice cars (probably foreign) prepared from the director but he forgone them and focused on the storytelling. Very interesting!

LOL H4?!?!?!?! Hot 4? x) that's so funny! what did f4 means anyways? <__<

F4 was used in the manga to describe the 4 main guys. In school, they are known as the Flower 4 (F4) because they are

prettier/better looking than flowers.

Guest tw1nkl3xst4rx

I agree with ever.lasting. This one is pretty funny and fun to watch!

OH HELLLLL NOOOO F4 CAN NOT BE CHANGED TO H4 THAT IS JUST WRONG!!! and the cast is not even good looking wtf! and Domyouji HAS TO HAVE THE CURLY HAIR

china remake is FAIL, they shouldn't even call it hana yori dango if their not going to follow the main parts of the story

this drama is awesome. at first i was like ew another remake and had negative feelings about this drama. plus i thought the guys werent that hot. but after spending time watching this drama, its really worth it. its one of the best ones ive seen. IMO better than the taiwan one. the acting in this drama also exceeds that of the taiwan one. the boys will also grow on you. i think they are pretty hot now. good drama, worth your time to check it out :)

and H4 stands for Hua 4. hua- flower/

not hot 4. wdf?

wonniezz

are you freakin serious?

wow. i can definitely tell your the

type of person to judge a book by its cover.

please, actually try watching the drama first

before critiquing so harshly.

and for people who don't know,

the reason they are renamed H4

is because in chinese or mandarin

the word flower starts with the letter H.