[japan Movie 2009] ハルフウェイ / Half Way

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

OKADA MASAKI, KITANO KII, MIZOBATA JUNPEI, NARIMIYA HIROKI

halfway.jpg

Celebrated screenwriter Eriko Kitagawa is making the leap to filmmaking. She is best known for hit romance dramas such as "Aimini coopereru to Itte Kure," "Long Vacation," and "Beautiful Life." Now, she has directed one of her own scripts, with the help of director Shunji Iwai ("Hana and Alice") and music producer Takeshi Kobayashi.

Iwai reportedly initiated the project, strongly persuading Kitagawa to take the helm. Iwai is serving as producer along with Kobayashi. This is the first film produced by Kobayashi, who is better recognized as a former member of MY LITTLE LOVER and a producer for popular artists such as Mr.Children.

halfwayom.jpg

The youth romance story revolves around two high schoolers, Hiro and Shuu. They are played by Kie Kitano and Masaki Okada, respectively. The supporting cast includes Hiroki Narimiya, Miho Shiraishi, and Takao Osawa.

The film's title in Japanese is "Harufuwei" (ハルフウェイ). When asked about the meaning of the name, Kitagawa simply said, "Just wait until you watch it." The movie was shot over the span of half a month starting in late October of last year. It is expected to be released in spring 2009.

halfway-2.jpg

Guest softlyy

i absolutely loved Kitano Kii in LIFE so i'm really looking forward to seeing her in this~~

from the trailer, this looks like a really adorable movie, cute love story♥♥♥

Guest Justalilodreamer

HOLY CRAP @ the cast!! :o great cast! i've been looking forward to ALL of these actors to star in another movie/series (mostly mizobata :lol:) . Im totally looking forward to this!

where did you guys see the trailer?i cant seem to find it on youtube

+edited

nvm found it.

seems like an adorable movie :D kitano kii's acting was top notch in LIFE, she and okada seems to make a cute couple

link to trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoVbdemJ4Xs...feature=related

Guest miiloverx2

oh me oh my!! shunji iwai!!!!! i'm definitely seeing this - anything that has him involved in the making of a movie, I WILL WATCH.

haha

and also i love the cast!!!

can't wait to see this movie! i saw the trailer and it's such a cute film :)

have i mentioned.. shunji iwai/!?!??! haha and salyu sings the theme song too!

Guest lilmariah35

Kitano kii and maa-kun made a very cute couple in the drama taiyou to umi... and now they're gonna be lovers :w00t:

I really don't know the rest of the cast...

PS: So shunji iwai is the one who directed lily chou chou no subete...I didn't get that film. I totally watched it because of ichihara hayato XD

Guest carmelalalala

i have a feeling that junpei is gonna be the other guy who likes kie... haha!

oh man, i cant wait for this movie now!

Yeah, I can't wait~! They were really cute in Taiyou Umi. The trailer looks awesome. and the beautiful sceneries~ahh!

carmelalala, noo, I hate triangles :lol:. I hope Junpei-kun is just one of their colleagues.

Anyway I think this movie shows how the young couple deals with decision and trial in their r/ship. The issue Kie and Masaki-kun face isn't that big but yet very common in real life.

halfway-2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nikki85

I'm happy someone made a thread for this movie. I saw the trailer for it a few days ago. I can't wat to watch it!! With english subs of course. :ph34r:

Is it online yet?

I wish I can get a free movie ticket 4 this movie :tears::tears::tears::tears: Maybe I will get another chance in another movie questionnaire :DB)

GRP_0089.jpg

Guest love*beat

OMG Okada Masaki + Kitano Kii T_____T SUCH A GREAT COMBO! <3

They look so cute XD! Ohmygod when I saw the pic like a few months ago for the movie I was like AWW haha (x

:o And I seriously love LIFE too, mann~ That drama made me bawl my eyes out and want to seriously hurt those evil girls D:< lol.

I hope someone seriously uploads this online too! ;) (With Subs 8D)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived